test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So Botting in BlakeLake isn't against the rules?

lordsmokeslordsmokes Member Posts: 18 Arc User
So when someone is attempting to report botting in Blacklake your Mod's just shut down the thread? Makes me think the Gm's that allow this botting are attempting to stifle attempts at stopping it. Or is it not violating the TOS to bot in this game?

Comments

• lordsmokeslordsmokes Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    I honestly want to know if this is against the rules, the mod closed the last thread because we were only "talking about wrong doing". And if this is not the place to hold discussions about the game then where? Somewhere not ARC related? There should really be a FAQ.

Q. What will happen if I report a Botter?
    A. You can write a ticket and wait for hell to freeze over.

Q. What will happen if I report a Botter on the forums?
    A. We will close that thread and bury it.

Q. Where can I report Botters?
    A. Not here.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,377 Arc User
    I guess it is not against the "rule". They are not banning botting. They are banning the benefit the botters can get, the same benefit normal players were having.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • gphxgphxgphxgphx Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    Fact is most botters are professionals and will adapt to any changes. By botting in game instead for example as many have pointed out. Players adapt to changes by leaving. Farming Leadership on the Gateway was one of the few remaining things many players could still enjoy.
  • lordsmokeslordsmokes Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    ihaveahies wrote: »
    magenubbie wrote: »
    ihaveahies wrote: »
    You can't use automatic software, botting is against the rules and so is naming and shaming as evidence could be false or misunderstood and paint legit players in a bad light. On the other hand, they don't do that much about anything and you can't suggest change because people don't let you talk about it and would rather pretend it doesn't happen. That's one reason the game is in such a state. Things can't get better because issues are being ignored and can't be reported as being issues. I've seen video feedback trying to demonstrate imbalance being closed for being unconstructive so that's just how bad things are. Still it'd probably be ignored anyway. After all in this case they should be perfectly aware of it already.
    It goes a bit deeper than that. Yes, naming and shaming isn't allowed for obvious reasons. It's up to support to find someone guilty, not us.

As for talking about it, let me give you an example of why they cannot allow such threads:
    Last year, in a similar discussion, someone got the idea of forcing people to complete blacklake in order to use zone chat. Including Karzov's instance. It was met with reasonably positive but skeptic reactions. After all, it's something every normal player does anyway, and bots can't do instances right?
    But before the thread got closed because some -bleep-s turned it into a flame war, we saw bots mapping out Karzov's lair and within the week they were able to complete it, although they waited with doing it until they hit 60. It was a pretty smart move, making the entire suggestion obsolete.

It's a double edged sword. Whatever suggestions we make and no matter how sincere they are, devs aren't the only people reading these forums. Botting companies keep a very close eye on the forums for exactly such changes. It also gives them time and opportunity to prepare for it. It's not so much as pretending it doesn't exist, it's more of a matter of not wanting these companies having anything to prepare for.

Well lets face it, a lot of us are inexperienced and may not completely know what we're talking about or may not look at all of the aspects. I was one of the people who felt that bots would just work round it while real people who just want to ask for help will be the ones punished. Still that doesn't mean our feedback isn't helpful. The game is marketed to us and we're the ones playing it. We have a much different point of view of the game than them and when there's more negative changes than positive ones, that affects one's experience. Closing a thread for flame wars is like preventing everyone voting because some people try to game the system. Their job is, or should be about making the forum a better place instead of dictating what people can and can't discuss even when the topic itself violates no rules.

I could not have said it better myself.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    These forums are not the place to report botters in the game. There is nothing that the moderation team can do to stop the botters in the game. Making threads to try to report botters ultimately leads to naming and shaming and then flaming starts. This is why we close those threads, and also why I am closing this one. I am sorry.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
This discussion has been closed.