test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Old but experienced player returning.

I was a pretty experienced Neverwinter player and am planning on picking up the game again on and off. I mostly keep to myself and am fairly quiet except for some occasional joking around. As an experienced STO player (which I play quite a bit) I'm sort of interested in seeing how the Guild Stronghold system in Neverwinter turns out given that it seems similar to the Fleet Starbases/Holdings in STO and Cryptic had the benefit of building this system based on what they learned from that one.

I'm 39 (turning 40 soon) IRL, and when I group I tend to prefer to tank. My characters who are currently level 60 (and decked out in Tier 2 gear) are Veronique (Level 60 GF, 1750 gear score, master weaponsmith, used to virtually live in Malabog's Castle completing that armor set and getting the stuff to forge the GF weapon set from there), Bellephoebe (Level 60 CW, 1650 gear score, don't much care for how CW was playing so I wound up not using her much), Jermiah (Level 60 DC, 1450 Gear score, much like the CW I didn't like how this played, I have played numerous healers in other MMOs and found the mechanics for healing in this game somewhat unfun), and Dilvish The Damned (Level 60 SW, also around 1750 gear score, he was what I was playing most before I retired, SW is a little more like I think a wizard should have been, but I'm not really into the whole 'evil magic' motif). Currently I just set up/twinked an Oathbound Paladin called "Callie Maggotbone" (name taken from the old "Ugly Americans" Cartoon, and is a Tiefling) currently at level 5 but it seems like it's supposed to be able to switch between tanking and healing and seems like it would be pretty decent for me, though I haven't done much besides to create it and I'm not even 100% sure what the defense mechanic is supposed to be.

I can't promise to be around constantly, since I split my time between NW (where I never really spent much time looking for a guild) and STO, as well as playing the occasional non-online game (looking forward to Fallout 4 for example), but I'm willing to help contribute to a stronghold, and when I'm around I'm more than willing to tank dungeons, I was keeping PUGs alive in Malabogs (including non-exploit groups, so yes I did tank the final fight). Of course since I need to drop my Tier 2 armor and still squeeze out 300 more gear score to even be considered a human being nowadays from what I'm reading it might take a bit, but in addition to leveling Callie and re-learning the basics I'll be putting some time into my other PCs to get my original tank and warlock into shape if need be. I haven't done a lot of the newer content however (Temple Of Elemental Evil... only did a little with the Reign Of dragons thing, I did a bit in Icewind Dale but found it a decent sedative and didn't like the drop rates and the idea of earning armor I'd have to constantly mine to keep powered up).

I guess what I'm saying is I'm "casual" but have a bit of experience. If anyone wants to reach me I'm @Therumancer (Not Therumancer23) and you can send mail, or a tell. If I'm not online in Neverwinter I might be in STO grinding one of my many characters for specialization points and/or to get resources for these new Krenim Temporal labs my fleet there is building. I have a couple of old Freeform heroes in CO (top level) but only play that once in a blue moon. Hopefully I'll find a decent guild with a good sized membership that isn't too picky about people not playing constantly.

Comments

• siobahnsolarissiobahnsolaris Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Hi Therumancer.

Fidelis ad Mortem is recruiting. We are an 18+, Roman Legion themed guild and we do understand time restrictions. We do have a 1 week trial period for new recruits. So if you do choose F.A.M to run with, I suggest getting to know your guild mates a bit since they are the ones that vote towards making you a full fledged member.

We utilize TS, guild chat and forums as our means of communication. From the sound of your post, you're going to need quite a bit of help with the new content and getting new gear. Fidelis will be happy to help with that because we've all experienced the frustration of finding out our gear doesn't mean jack any more and having to do the grind all over again.

Trust me.....it's better with company.

Just click on the image at the bottom of this post and it'll take you directly to our guild page. I hope to see you there.

Cheers!
    enjin-675436-SiobahnSolaris-green.png
  • ghosty2aghosty2a Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    Howdy Therumancer23 !!! you might be interested in our guild, Tyrs Paladium , as we are a casual no drama no zerg guild. Use the link I provided to check us out, read our rules and if you like what you read fill out an application.

It must be noted that there have been a lot of changes since you last played, so be prepared for a shock. First the level cap is now 70, not 60. Therefore the delves are set for level 70 toons now and are not doable at 60 anymore. Also, they have done away with gear score and gone with item level. Those are just a couple of the changes you will notice.

Now if you join Tyrs, or any decent guild, you will get lots of help adapting to the new changes in the game.
    Hope to see you in our forums and be reading an application from you soon.
  • therumancer23therumancer23 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    Thanks for the responses, I will be checking out your respective guilds on your sites before too long. As a mild correction when I mentioned "Gear Score" that was the item level, and yes I did notice I have to make level 70 and that all of the stuff I accumulated is now pretty much worthless, which is particularly annoying when it comes to things like the sword from Malabog's Castle (Foromian Sword or whatever it's called) which required several pieces and top level weapon smithing with good tools (so you wouldn't fail) to make. I should be able to get it done however, it's just a bit annoying.

To be entirely fair I dislike how Cryptic has been handling their updates, since something very similar happened with a level cap increase in Star Trek. It can be said that almost all MMOS that have raised the level cap have rendered previous gear and such irrelevant (which of course gives you something else to work towards), but I was hoping someone would come up with a better way of going about things, not to mention that unlike the subscription based games I played that did this (like World Of Warcraft which I retired from years ago) Cryptic also uses premium currencies via Astral Diamonds, Dilithium, etc... I suppose in Neverwinter at least they didn't sell ships for real money and then render most of then second rate. I like Cryptic's games, but their business model and amount of forethought has been getting worse as time goes on... but I shall be returning to Neverwinter to give it another spin just the same.