test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ECC Legit 100% Done. Don't give up.

cstrife16cstrife16 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
edited July 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi All.

I'm Strife, I'm a member of the NW Legit Community, and a twitch streamer.

Yesterday I was lucky enough to have a large amount of the legit community and the Neverwinter community manager watching my stream as we finished ECC legit, no glitches, no exploits, no whales.

We had:

HR (me)
GWF
GF
CW
DC

It took us 7 attempts, wiping at various states of boss hp, 80%, 20%, sometimes insta killed when we walked in.

BUT, it IS possible. So keep going guys, don't give up, work with your team and keep trying. The video of the legit boss kill will be posted later, until then, go kill Blackdagger :)

Some info on the run:
I'm Ilevel 2600, using blue mainhand, offhand, necklace and belt.
We used the water barrel only when we had 5 or more fires down.
We focused the adds the instant they spawned. if there's adds in the room ignore the boss and down them ASAP.

Strife

Comments

• wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    And I think that every mmo game should have a fight which average Joe wont cope with and which provides a challenge for whole group - thats called end game.
    The thing with eCC (and T2s in general) is that they are horribly unrewarding and this is what needs to change, not the difficulty.

Congrats on clear with legit party. And when you upload video dont care that people will pick on everything they feel is cheating, just because 2k average Joe probably wont have it. I remember 1st Traven video uploaded on forums - people went crazy on... Lostmauth Set on GWF! Looking forward to see your strategy to beat him and good luck with next Legit runs :)
  • clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I would guess most would want to do the boss the legit way a few times. But when one has to do this dungeon over 40 times to grind for seals, then even the most well organized parties will probably go for the "alternative" strategies to beat Blackdagger.

Like many others, I wish they brought back the dungeons, but if they are like the current ones where the legit success rate is less than 1% and the rewards are tiny, then everyone will keep on doing Cragmire. The dungeon success rate for PUGS should be minimum 30%.
  • gromm1tgromm1t Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 71 Arc User
    Nice,

but still 99% players cant do legit even if played from very beginning(called "whales"?), eCC is not fun dungeon, IMHO, but just completion, Karru-SP-FH(ToS) was fun to run(with and without glitch).
  • karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    "Glory days well they'll pass you by
    Glory days in the wink of a young girl's eye
    Glory days, glory days"

In remembrance of the days before Mod 6 . . . :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • tvcitytvcity Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    i would be surprised if all your DPSers didn't have the Lostmauth set...
    2 of them have. The CW which took control hadn't one.
    plat.png
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    But when one has to do this dungeon over 40 times to grind for seals, then even the most well organized parties will probably go for the "alternative" strategies to beat Blackdagger.

What alternative strategies?
    ihaveahies wrote: »
    Very nice. However I'd still recommend that people don't bother unless they want the satisfaction of clearing it. I mean you go through so much trouble for what? A few k salvage =/

The opportunity to spend 5k on a key :-)

This module is 3.5 months old and you have just got your equipment high enough for your first legit T2 ECC? Don't loose hope, In 3 weeks a new module will be out and you can start all over pursuing new gear.

Seriously sorry for the pessimism, but it does seem insulting that you finaly can complete a dungeon just in time for new content to be released and before you can farm value from your achievement. O wait, what do we farm in the game from dungeons now?... Okay I'm cranky, going back to protecting Aelion.

• oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    Risk versus Reward is way off...that's the major problem in my eyes, along with a lack of alternatives. Make an alternative way to get Protector seals (even at a slower rate), add some reward to the dungeons beyond salvage and the first day cache..and of course fix the bugs that 99% of the runs exploit on all 3 bosses in this dungeon....and I think things will be better (not great, better).

I'd be very interested to see statistics on how many T2s are finished per day by dungeon, or where the seals are coming from. My bet, 99% of the seals received, T2's done and Elven gear purchased is coming from eCC...and we all know why.
    And only for your information. The cleric had 3200 ilvl while wearing the old high prophet set.
    plat.png
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I have cleared it legit with a 2k group, 3 2.2k players, 1 2.4k player and 1 2.6k player. 1CW, 1HR, 1 TR, 1 GF and 1 DC. We definitely could have done it with all 2k ilvl only, however, we have not re assembled to do it since. It is definitely a dungeon that requires player skill, my only issue is, it is not rewarding based off of the level of skill it requires you to do it with.

I was the CW and at the time we did it, I was specced MoF.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    We've been able to clear eCC since May. And always legit, no exploits.

The keys to the fight are killing the adds quickly, don't let them swarm the tank. He's taking enough damage already.

Don't spread out too much. Staying close together and make sure the firebombs get through close to each other, so you don't fill up the room too quickly with fire. We start at the front and slowly work our way back to the keg. When about 3/4 of the room is filled, we open it up.

When you open the keg, make sure everyone is ready. We always use voice comms, so it's easier. But the tank and healer should blow their big buff and protection spells. Any class that has dodges should start dodging in quick succession when he goes crazy, or pop any protection buffs or cooldowns they might have.

Then repeat. At about 25%, just burn him quickly. Dont' worry too much about the casters that spawn, they have a lot of health, but mostly just put down small AOEs that can be worked around. Kill adds IF they get on the tank, but otherwise work on getting the boss down.

That's it. The fight looks a lot more chaotic then it really is, so people just need to stay calm and focus on the task.

If the dungeon itself wasn't also such a slog, it would be a nice alternative to eToS, but getting to Blackdagger is just too tedious.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1