test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Elemental Archon companions and healing

clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
edited July 2015 in The Temple
Does anyone know if the extra damage bonus of the elemental companions also gets used as healing bonus ? A feat in virtuous says it uses weapon damage as the amount of heal over time one gets, similarly are there any other feats where the archon bonus also helps for healing ?

Comments

• Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    The only companion bonuses that will help your healing potency would either be additional power or crit severity (critical strike will increase the frequency of crit but not the potency of the heal). Damage Bonuses should not count as "weapon" damage.

This is why many healers are crit builds and consider companions with crit severity bonuses like the Cambion Magus, Dancing Blade, and Erinyes of Belial.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    as putz but it.. the only thing that helps healing is power bonus (400 for 1%) and crit (400 for 1% , or severity straight add on bonus) also... arp has some correlation with debuffing , Kaelec showed it, I just slot enough ARP 45% to be useful in all situations.

Atm my crit chance on my DC is 32% with a 89% severity , but I do not use vorpal, I use a trans plague for debuffing purposes , I could slot a pure vorp as well and I have done both. ATM in game, debuffing seems more important then adding more additional crit on heals , 1 crit heal will do over 100k most of the time on faithful track with bastion.

• Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    To be clear 400 power does not equal a 1% increase in damage/healing. This is a big misnomer in the game that i hear a lot. While early stacking of power will grant you near a 1% dps increase. You will not see that much later on.

Why is this important? Well I hear a lot of people saying the power bonus from strongholds is the BIS option and that is debatable. If your crit chance is over about 77% (which some classes/races can do, or can be accomplished with pots) the 15% crit severity increase actually out performs the power bonus.

On my build I expect the power bonus to net about a 13% damage increase while the crit severity would only net about 9% damage increase. So the power bonus being preferred is accurate but I could totally see well equiped tr's and gwf's getting more out of the crit bonus.