test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cudos Strumslinger

niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
No troll intended...
" I for one am quite pleased with how STUMSLINGER is communicating, verifying, and actually playing a game that I and many others quite enjoy. So my new found friend, HEARS TO YOU! "WinorLoseWeBoose" salutes you!"

Comments

• Options
    yetweallfalldownyetweallfalldown Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    Strum is a good guy who once ate habanero chips on stream with me.
    Communications Manager - Perfect World Entertainment
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Andy is a very good CM. He's doing a phenomenal job. I know his job can't be an easy one, but I've never had any major issues with him. :D (and I'm not just saying that because I'm a moderator, it's how I've felt since I first interacted with him when he worked QA). :D
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    Dude indeed is very involved. Keep it up!
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Strum is a good guy who once ate habanero chips on stream with me.

Yum!

I'm not a moderator, though, weirdly I was recently accused of being one. LOL And I happen to agree with this too, Andy's doing a great, and apparently not entirely thankless, job :)
  • Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for the kind words, everyone!

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• Options
    doriangreighdoriangreigh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 707 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I would like to echo everyone's positive feed back for strumslinger.

Having said that let me voice my opinions.

to the following:
    What would I do if all my gear was orange/pearlescent?

1). Well for one I'd probably still play a bit and try to get some AD to fill out other things I want or maybe help build up a guild bank, any number of things.

2). Play another character and build it up. Why? A good reason for such things would be to start creating more class diversity. Elder players that have a max toon playing on other toons can round out groups better if they just need to switch characters to fill out class roles better. Increasing class diversity I think is a major weak point in this game.

3). If playing other characters isn't desireable then most likely someone would play something else taking a break for whenever the next new content comes in. We all know software/games is developed in cycles, Blizzard is king in making expansions letting that expansion age while working on a new project only to come back after several months to repeat the cycle. Unfortuneatly Neverwinter is the only fun game to play through ARC/PWE and frankly my opinion is they should focus on making Neverwinter truly massive and revamping STO for a sci fi alternative and work on quality instead of having a dozen mediocre MMO's trying to micro transaction people to death. One thing this could do is help prevent burn out or actually allow older players to take a break allowing newer players to catch up and join elder player ranks by the time new content is released.

Speaking of micro transactions, this game is NOT micro, many of us have said it I have said it many times before, but I really think they would do much better if they would make these very simple items in zen market much more reasonably priced. 20 - 50+ dollars for in game items many of which are character bound is just simply too much.

I have stopped playing until things improve a bit more last I logged in there were still issues in smooth playing.

I do wish the XP was a bit better thought out. I have always thought that leveling was too fast in the game from 1 - 60 at the time. I wished that the development team would have tailored the XP to be more in line with actually finishing the game, as in if you did 0 side quests then you would reach the end of the game well under level cap meaning you would probably have to be playing with other people to survive the content. However if you want to hit level cap for each area and be 70 by the last areas then you should have to do main story + all or at least half the side quests. Just my two cents on how that should have been planned out to work.

As it is now it just feels like punishing players and coming up with a way to artificially extend the development/repair of this game since it has been literally stripped of its most entertaining and fun dungeons.

I'm glad to read that communication and improvements are happening but I still think this game needs major overhauling to really bring it to the status is should be at, which again I think the game should give way to a sequel or something to bring it back up to standards.

I certainly hope to come back, I have 9 characters but only two at 70 due to the new system and changes in place and frankly my main isn't even close to being maxed out and thus i'll never at this rate have a fully filled out character to allow me to start working on others.

If the goal of this game is to make it more inline with people only have 1 - 2 characters, then I suggest hard long looks at how the gameplay is and how it rewards players and make it so there aren't mechanics in place that reward or promote people making 20 different characters and accounts to exploit various game mechanics and also find a way to reward diversity in game classes because right now there are still more in the dominating classes and few of the other classes.