test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Respen's Game Foundries

niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
Would it not be great if all you fantastic Foundry authors could author your own versions of Respen's Game?

Comments

• Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I would love to see what @eldarth can do with this. :D
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Get the right assets in there and //DONE. Yes, really.

I'm sad I don't have my Silverstar title any more. :(
  • Options
    maegmaagmaegmaag Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    Am somehow missing the point of the "inability" to do so. The assests are definitely not an issue, unless u insist on any particular ones. Voiceover is out of discussion tho. Any clarification?
    dAuGVxU.png
    A bit nosy NW-DKG7E99X6
    "Hardcore" exploration journey and dungeon crawl. Read its description prior to trying it.
  • Options
    tantivetyrelltantivetyrell Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    What would be lacking is a sense of randomness in each encounter, so no imaginary diceroll. You'll have to steer the encounter yourself.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    maegmaag wrote: »
    Am somehow missing the point of the "inability" to do so. The assests are definitely not an issue, unless u insist on any particular ones. Voiceover is out of discussion tho. Any clarification?

Half the fun of Respens is seeing your character as a table top miniature. There is no tool to allow you to do that in the foundry.
  • Options
    maegmaagmaegmaag Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    sockmunkey wrote: »

Half the fun of Respens is seeing your character as a table top miniature. There is no tool to allow you to do that in the foundry.

...just...wow! Am not saying its not fun as an once-a-year event, but...just wow.
    dAuGVxU.png
    A bit nosy NW-DKG7E99X6
    "Hardcore" exploration journey and dungeon crawl. Read its description prior to trying it.
  • Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    I'd love the respens 'players' backdrop, the 2 respens maps, and the ability to put players in miniature mode.

If those get assets get added, I'd do a neat little trap filled dungeon. Bringing a TR friend would be mandatory. ;D
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    What everyone else said. B)

If some had maps of all the different maps it'd be doable sans miniatures and backdrop. I think we have all the mobs already - I don't recall seeing anything weird we don't have. I think everything else was pretty standard.​​
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    It truly pains me that there is so much that we *should* be able to do with the Foundry, but it's been horribly neglected for so long. :-(
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options

Wot @sockmunkey said. I would have thought this to be an obvious presumption. But I digress.
  • Options
    Someone with some "Influence" Should talk this up, as it should not be THAT hard for Cryptic to give you guys the assets you need. Hell, it would make me have the desire to dive in to foundry development.
  • Options
    it would (more or less) require the event map from that event. And they have never released event maps (well, they may have by now, I haven;t been building foundries for a long time hence.)
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    niadan wrote: »
    Someone with some "Influence" Should talk this up, as it should not be THAT hard for Cryptic to give you guys the assets you need. Hell, it would make me have the desire to dive in to foundry development.
    ROFLMAO. Yeah. Right. I've got bugs (simple spelling bugs even) that go back to beta that we can't even get fixed.
    (see: Foundry Bugs in my sig) We've had requests for existing assets and descriptions/pictures of exactly where in official content they can be found -- and we haven't gotten a single one in over a year.

​​
  • Options
    I thought that that would get a laugh from someone. Love your Foundry work by the way Eldarth.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    exactly, we canm't do much without the assets needed. Both the main floor map and the figurines for our characters.
    2e2qwj6.jpg