test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Naming and Shaming

I see a lot of these "naming and shaming" messages by the moderators, but I cant find a reference to this outside of their posts. I read the ToS and PW Community Rules and even tried the "find" feature and nothing. Is there a vague reference to it some where that I am missing?

arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1191393/perfect-world-entertainment-community-rules-and-policies

arcgames.com/en/about/terms

Comments

• strictlyevilstrictlyevil Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    They don't outright state that naming and shaming is against the rules but, most policy documents won't. They have listed a few broad terms and statements that are written in a way that naming and shaming falls within the space it is covering. For example
    Harassing Material
    You may not create posts which contain material that is repetitively insulting, defaming and/or otherwise harassing any other user and/or any PWE employee, officer and/or director.
    Flaming and/or Trolling
    You may not post content which contains insults to other users or Perfect World Entertainment Staff, are specifically made to create undue discontent on the forums, disturbances in forum threads, pick fights or otherwise promote unfriendly conversation.

There are others but the one I quoted alone is enough to cover naming and shaming as you are indeed defaming a player or set of players when naming and shaming someone.

Keep in mind that the rules and policies don't take personal interaction or opinion into account. Even if you have undeniable proof that the person you are shaming has indeed done something wrong, the policies written still don't allow for it to be posted on the forums.​​
    Ancient 18.8k CW | Ancient Heals 18k DC | Ancient Tank 22.2k GF | GT: XGC Army
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    What @strictlyevil said is correct. And to ensure that this thread doesn't get derailed, I am closing it.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
This discussion has been closed.