test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Get rid of AD cost to switch artifact skills please!

deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
I'm so sick of paying 15,000 AD each time I want to switch from solo (need DPS) to group (need to survive) content.
The cost just to unlock them is already steep. Leveling them also very high.

Mod 6 removing dungeon delves for purple gears to salvage really made it hard to grind AD now.
I really miss Pirate King :'(
You get 3k with the free key per day.
15k AD is 15 skirmishes, during the AD event, at 14 (low average) minutes a piece. That's 3.5 hours of work to pay to use skills you already paid for...

Can we get rid of this unnecessary fee?

Comments

  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    set it to the group one and forget it..

    there , no more ad cost.. otherwise, they SHOULD however reduce the cost to unlock powers instead, as its annoying to buy 4 to get 1, it should be 1 = 1 unlock. That would be a better costing on this. Most of the powers are non sensical trash anyways.. there are only 2-3 or maybe 4 for most classes.

  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11,160 Arc User
    People actually pays 15K for switching frequently. Wow!
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    Yeah simply stick to one and stop switching, it'll save your wallet :)
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

    More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • bigredbrentbigredbrent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 155 Arc User
    I agree with this. I doubt they will do anything about it, but there is no real reason why they should not.
  • leeksieleeksie Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    deathbeez wrote: »
    I'm so sick of paying 15,000 AD each time I want to switch from solo (need DPS) to group (need to survive) content.
    The cost just to unlock them is already steep. Leveling them also very high.

    Mod 6 removing dungeon delves for purple gears to salvage really made it hard to grind AD now.
    I really miss Pirate King :'(
    You get 3k with the free key per day.
    15k AD is 15 skirmishes, during the AD event, at 14 (low average) minutes a piece. That's 3.5 hours of work to pay to use skills you already paid for...

    Can we get rid of this unnecessary fee?

    Hi Deathbeez,

    First up, I agree with you that once you have paid to unlock the various boni for the MainHand and OffHand that you should be able to switch between them, especially when we need to re-unlock them each time they release new levels of gear. Especially when you have a few Alts that you play, the costs add up pretty fast with new gear.

    I can appreciate that it is done to encourage a sense of permanency and to make your decisions seem more important due to the tradeoff (giving a sense of ownership and attachment to your character and their gear), but this one just comes off more as an AD sink for those who really want to run with the most optimal build in any given circumstance.


    What I wanted to mention though was related to your comment on the removal of purple gear for salvage from the old Pirate King runs. Forgive me if you already knew, but many people I run Delves with are not aware that you can salvage the Blue gear that you get at the end of the Epic Delves. All those Alliance necks/chests/arms etc. can be salvaged for 3-5k AD each, just like the T1 purple gear used to be in Mod 5.

    If you look at the tooltip for those items it states that they are Salvageable. These items are all Bound to Account as well so if you want to farm hard with a Main, you can salvage them on an Alt.

    It can add an extra 3-15k+ RAD to a run if you get some lucky drops from the bosses in addition to the end chests, plus the extra 3k RAD per chest if you open them during the Delve hour.

    Similarly if you have a surplus of Seals (especially the Elemental ones) you can buy the Alliance gear from the Seal trader and then salvage it on whichever toon needs the RAD the most.


    As I said, if you knew this already, then sorry to patronise you, but if you didn't, this should help a lot in at least offsetting the costs. Assuming of course that you aren't already sitting at your RAD cap!

    It doesn't address your issue, but it might at least help to offset the cost a little?
    Masashi - TR (Wisperknife / Executioner)
    Militides Hammerfist - GWF (Swordmaster / Destroyer)
    Apollo Deadeye - HR (Pathfinder / Archer)
    Percival Steadfast - GF (Swordmaster / Tactician)
    Shal Magmastrike - CW (Master of the Flame / Thaumaturge)
    Salazar the Damned - SW (Hellbringer / Fury)
    Tarl Tyrswrath - DC (Divine Oracle / Righteous)
    Sontag Tyrshand - OP (Devotion / Justice)
  • xatriuxatriu Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    I fully agree with this. On a daily basis you're able to make 24k AD through dailies and leadership profession. However now, as they keep introducing new items, they seem to slap AD taxes on em all over the place and there are enough AD sinks as it is already. They are starving their player leaving players feeling like they're getting nowhere. This practice they're doing of "limiting daily progression" is just poor imo and it doesn't seem like they know where to stop.

    It's like everything they do, every decision they make is made HEAVILY with profit in mind. And i can somewhat see that at this point, but its making the game fall apart even more. Looking at steam (i know not every player plays through steam) but looking at their charts it clearly shows a 38% drop in average players since the launch of Mod 6. And I myself also am wondering why i'm still sticking around, putting up with all this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

    Considering all the poor decisions that has been made and keeps being made, the poor maintaining and development of the game which doesn't seem to improve one bit, I can see this game being shut down not too long after the launch of Underdark (perhaps even before) unless this team of devs starts giving players justified rewards for their time and effort spent without having $$$ playing that big part in every decision made the way it has done thus far.

    I hope big changes will happen. I don't want this game to die. But as it is right now, with all its restrictions, bugs, high demands with poor rewards (lets face it, the game is stingy as all hell), it's just not fun.
  • romotheoneromotheone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 729 Arc User
  • xatriuxatriu Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    romotheone wrote: »

    Thats nice of you, but nothing were not familiar with. Also I didn't say the game shouldn't have diamond sinks, I said it has TOO MANY diamond sinks. Mobs in this game drops gold, not AD. You are limited to an income of 24k pure AD per day via dailies and leadership.

    So mobs don't drop AD, they drop gold and items. The items dropped are items you wont be selling, they will be spent on leveling artifacts, artifact equipment, enchantments and so on and so forth. Thus you don't make any AD whatsoever on kills. Perhaps you might get lucky getting a gmop or greater mark of power/union during some dungeon run or if you're REALLY lucky you may have an artifact drop, but that rarely happens.

    Quests don't give you any raw AD income either. Everything your'e rewarded with is bind on pickup. Thus you use it because vendoring it for gold is useless as gold has never really had any value in the game. Meanwhile you might wanna respec (116k AD) be needing a character retraining token (150k AD) more inventory slots because space is a b*tch (400k+ for 24 slots) you gotta unlock your weapon powers (50k AD a pop, and it may not even give you what you want/need) 15k AD if you wanna switch it out. You wanna run dungeons, you need keys (5k AD for key per run, though you make some of that back) Time to rank up a artifact/enchantment? Better buy wards! 5k a pop if purchased off of the item mall or 5.6 - 6k AD a pop if purchased from AH. A 110% mount, about 1 mill AD.

    Also are you aware that if you were to save up AD from the 24k AD the game gives you on daily basis, in order to afford a rank 12 enchant (3.6 - 4 mill AD) then that would take you 150 - 167 days? having 13 sockets to fill (not counting utility sockets) that amounts to 5.3 - 5.9 years. That's immense.

    Point being everything you find is used in order to progress something. And the progression is slow, but that's a different story. Thus the only one reliable/true way to watch your AD amount grow is from the 24k AD from dailies, leadership profession and skirmishes.

    With the following exceptions : You're a master at trades. Or you're a whale. Or you're a exploiter.

    Post edited by xatriu on
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11,160 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    xatriu wrote: »
    Also are you aware that if you were to save up AD from the 24k AD the game gives you on daily basis, in order to afford a rank 12 enchant (3.6 - 4 mill AD) then that would take you 150 - 167 days? having 13 sockets to fill (not counting utility sockets) that amounts to 5.3 - 5.9 years. That's immense.

    Make them yourself instead of buying them from AH. AH the stuff you don't need to get extra refined AD.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • xatriuxatriu Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    plasticbat wrote: »
    xatriu wrote: »
    Also are you aware that if you were to save up AD from the 24k AD the game gives you on daily basis, in order to afford a rank 12 enchant (3.6 - 4 mill AD) then that would take you 150 - 167 days? having 13 sockets to fill (not counting utility sockets) that amounts to 5.3 - 5.9 years. That's immense.

    Make them yourself instead of buying them from AH. AH the stuff you don't need to get extra refined AD.

    I'd do the calculations if I could be arsed. As for the 2nd part of your reply, there is little to nothing in this game that you don't need to progress something. Did you even read everything I stated?
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11,160 Arc User
    xatriu wrote: »
    I'd do the calculations if I could be arsed. As for the 2nd part of your reply, there is little to nothing in this game that you don't need to progress something. Did you even read everything I stated?

    Yes, I did. No, I did not re-read the post after you edited it 10 minutes after mine.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • tyrtallowtyrtallow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Actually (and anyone who has ever made it to that point where you generate enough AD to deal with upgrade costs and you mostly use your zen to buy nice things will also tell you this) AD generation starts with having multiple characters. Calculating how long it takes you to get rank 12/mythics on a 24k AD per day income is like trying to reach the top deck of the Empire State Building by climbing it from the outside. No thank you, I prefer the elevator.

    Buy character slots, level leadership slowly (only doing asset generation/profession XP generation tasks) while you focus on maybe 3 characters (with only one of being a main - especially if you're a casual), generate maybe 40k-70k rough AD per day by doing T1s/skirmishes/rhix dailies (as people have pointed out a lot of drops are ACCOUNT BOUND), get lucky with drops like Lostmauth's Horn/event rewards every once in a while and sell those, use the profit to buy more character slots/cheaper profession assets/enchants/bags for your main/better artifacts or artifact gear/companions and make your way towards having all epics/purples. Because you don't need more than that (except maybe a good guild and grouping channels like legit) to do skirmish/dungeon runs fast and reliably.
    Then wait for x2s and use refining shortcuts to upgrade your stuff to legendary/mythic/etc.
    AFAIK people with 20+ alts doing leadership once a day can make 800k+ rough AD. Obviously this is a long term thing, but if you want BiS gear then why complain? It doesn't take a lot effort, and you don't need BiS gear to tackle content in this game anyway. And if you're a dedicated PvPer, then this stuff should be nowhere near as hard as the grind you had to go through in other games.

    Bank slots? Inventory space? Why would a new player bother if they have extra characters? Give them your non-BoP stuff. Buy preservation wards? Why? Most low-mid reagents are dirt cheap. And as your gear gets better you now have multiple people to invoke/buy celestial coffers with. In any case you only need blues/purples to run T1s/skirmishes reliably.
    And you should really know how to spend your AD wisely and prioritize getting the best rewards for the least cost, only opting for expensive options when you run out of anything else to do. For example. Spending several hundred AD just to get +200 in a stat from kits is obviously a stupid deal for anyone who has yet to even upgrade his/her artifacts to blue/purple. Same for spending several hundred AD for a mere 5-10% damage boost on an at-will (unless you're a TR or something) or a chance to proc something you're probably not going to notice anyway.
    Post edited by tyrtallow on
    You there. New to the game? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe you think getting to end-game is impossible for a casual player like yourself, or maybe you just need to be around a community that helps each other stay sane and competitive with the latest news, current trends, random chitchat and most of all LEGIT (that is, we try to keep things fair) gameplay. If you don't mind being around quirky people and the rare occasional drama (one of our prominent TR members is apparently a mafia godfather) join nw_legit_community at http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2330542.
  • xatriuxatriu Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    tyrtallow wrote: »
    Actually (and anyone who has ever made it to that point where you generate enough AD to deal with upgrade costs and you mostly use your zen to buy nice things will also tell you this) AD generation starts with having multiple characters. Calculating how long it takes you to get rank 12/mythics on a 24k AD per day income is like trying to reach the top deck of the Empire State Building by climbing it from the outside. No thank you, I prefer the elevator.

    So basically what you're saying is make multiple toons for the sake of making 24k AD on each of them as a way to BYPASS the pathetic 24k limit on your main character. Then you have further proven my point my friend, thank you.
  • tyrtallowtyrtallow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Don't twist my words, and if your intent is to ignore reason and logic then I suggest being more open about your being a dedicated whiner.

    I just explained how the "24k rough AD per day limit" you seem fixated on could be bypassed by having multiple characters, which should be obvious to anyone who has played the game and knows about ZAX, Rhix dailies and account bound T1/skirmish rewards.
    I just explained how someone could finally beat having to grind for AD once you have enough leadership alts, which involves the long term and allows you work on BiS gear while you enjoy the game at your own pace, using zen to get the things you actually want and relying on in-game AD generation for the essentials. Because Neverwinter is a game that allows you to do this, and is a game that SHOULD be enjoyed at your own pace.

    If you simply missed the logic in all of that, then I suggest you stop fixating on math/calculations and take a class in common sense.
    And for the record, I do not consider any whiner a friend.
    You there. New to the game? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe you think getting to end-game is impossible for a casual player like yourself, or maybe you just need to be around a community that helps each other stay sane and competitive with the latest news, current trends, random chitchat and most of all LEGIT (that is, we try to keep things fair) gameplay. If you don't mind being around quirky people and the rare occasional drama (one of our prominent TR members is apparently a mafia godfather) join nw_legit_community at http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2330542.
  • xatriuxatriu Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    tyrtallow wrote: »
    Don't twist my words, and if your intent is to ignore reason and logic then I suggest being more open about your being a dedicated whiner.

    I just explained how the "24k rough AD per day limit" you seem fixated on could be bypassed by having multiple characters, which should be obvious to anyone who has played the game and knows about ZAX, Rhix dailies and account bound T1/skirmish rewards.
    I just explained how someone could finally beat having to grind for AD once you have enough leadership alts, which involves the long term and allows you work on BiS gear while you enjoy the game at your own pace, using zen to get the things you actually want and relying on in-game AD generation for the essentials. Because Neverwinter is a game that allows you to do this, and is a game that SHOULD be enjoyed at your own pace.

    If you simply missed the logic in all of that, then I suggest you stop fixating on math/calculations and take a class in common sense.
    And for the record, I do not consider any whiner a friend.

    Whiner?! Easy there now.

    First off, it seems like you're under the impression that i'm in here seeking advice. Not sure how u came to that conclusion but thanks anyways.

    2nd. What i'm trying to point out is that the 24k limit should be raised or removed. Since this topic is a discussion on removal of a certain item tax, due to the devs introducing new items, which means more AD expenses.

    3rd. I did twist your words, but can you really deny that I was wrong in the way that i did twist them? If so then feel free to elaborate on how/why.

    4th. If it is true what you say that everybody knows this thing where you create multiple chars for the sole purpose (at least in the beginning) of earning rough AD on em to turn into raw AD, transferring those AD's to your main via ZAX. If everyone supposedly does this, then the 24k limit loses its purpose in every aspect and there shouldn't be any reason to keep it around. As all it then does is heavily degrade quality of life in the game and force players onto other characters they may not even wish to play on. Games are suppose to be fun and entertaining. I get that some things will always be feeling like a chore to do, but at least they should allow players to do these chores on their favorite character.

    5th. A question out of curiosity. I understand you don't care much about the 24k AD limit due to alts and ZAX, but what would you do if they removed the ability to transfer AD's from one char to another via ZAX? Would you still be ok with the 24k AD limit?



  • xatriuxatriu Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    magenubbie wrote: »
    xatriu wrote: »
    2nd. What i'm trying to point out is that the 24k limit should be raised or removed. Since this topic is a discussion on removal of a certain item tax, due to the devs introducing new items, which means more AD expenses.
    Absolutely not. Prices are ridiculous enough as it is. And bots own this economy more than I care to see. You want to make things worse?
    xatriu wrote: »
    5th. A question out of curiosity. I understand you don't care much about the 24k AD limit due to alts and ZAX, but what would you do if they removed the ability to transfer AD's from one char to another via ZAX? Would you still be ok with the 24k AD limit?
    Yes I would. In fact, I'll go even further. I believe that all AD gain from leadership should be removed. If you want to make in-game currency, play the game. Not some maintenance website. Of course the game has to give players the ability to do so. Currently it does not, so I suppose leadership is a necessary evil. But by no means is it a desired one, in my opinion.

    Bots will always be everywhere you go. That's the way it will ALWAYS be. The question is, how much a gaming company is willing to shaft its players in order to try to keep bots in check. Every time a game makes changes for the sake of keeping bots in check, it also screw over it's players in the process.

    Additionally bots wasn't what screwed over the economy in this game. It was flaws and bugs in the programming being found and exploited by human minds. And on several occasions as well.

    So what are the bots doing now to make AD? Well, i cant see them do skirmishes or other daily quests or dungeons. So i would guess they do the same thing that we do ++. They pray, and they do leadership tasks on multiple toons (to bypass the 24k AD Limit), and in addition they snipe auctions with low bids, and mass farm enchantments rank 4 and 5's.

    That kinda makes you question how effective that 24k AD limit really is as a tool vs bots eh?

  • tyrtallowtyrtallow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    First off, it seems like you're under the impression that i'm in here seeking advice. Not sure how u came to that conclusion but thanks anyways.

    2nd. What i'm trying to point out is that the 24k limit should be raised or removed. Since this topic is a discussion on removal of a certain item tax, due to the devs introducing new items, which means more AD expenses.

    3rd. I did twist your words, but can you really deny that I was wrong in the way that i did twist them? If so then feel free to elaborate on how/why.

    4th. If it is true what you say that everybody knows this thing where you create multiple chars for the sole purpose (at least in the beginning) of earning rough AD on em to turn into raw AD, transferring those AD's to your main via ZAX. If everyone supposedly does this, then the 24k limit loses its purpose in every aspect and there shouldn't be any reason to keep it around. As all it then does is heavily degrade quality of life in the game and force players onto other characters they may not even wish to play on. Games are suppose to be fun and entertaining. I get that some things will always be feeling like a chore to do, but at least they should allow players to do these chores on their favorite character.

    5th. A question out of curiosity. I understand you don't care much about the 24k AD limit due to alts and ZAX, but what would you do if they removed the ability to transfer AD's from one char to another via ZAX? Would you still be ok with the 24k AD limit?
    Because my posts are there to disprove your point. You presume much by thinking otherwise.

    I would've thought it obvious.
    Over time the role of 24k AD limit has changed. In the long term, it's there to help control the total amount of AD present in the game. From a more personal standpoint, originally it was there to control how much rough AD people got from playing the game, since there was actually a time when a lot of people were running around with 2M+ rough AD (because once upon a time the devs were openly generous, until that backfired spectacularly) but these days the 24k AD limit is there as more of a capstone for player progress. You reach that limit, you create more characters. The devs WANT you to play multiple characters. This should be obvious from account bound rewards/account bound items/non-BoP daily and campaign rewards and items like the sigil artifacts. Of course there are other benefits of having players who know how the other classes work - at best, it teaches you why the DC is not healing you if you keep running away from him, and at the very least, it reduces the whining. Hell when IWD came out you needed multiple max level characters to even get the sigil quests. And note just how powerful the DC sigil's active is compared to other sigils.

    Finally, it acts as a hint to the benefits of having lots of characters, like Leadership rough AD. You presume the devs don't actually know about this and players are just exploiting a flaw in how the game works. Unfortunately for that assumption, the devs aren't that stupid. Why do you think Leadership even exists in the first place? Why do you think the Gateway exists? Why do you think Invocation is how it is atm? Ever wonder why, despite the invocation-support mini-game, the devs will not allow you to invoke from Gateway?

    You presume that transferring AD through ZAX is supposed to be some kind of loophole. Unfortunately for this other assumption, the devs have known about the ZAX "loophole" since beta. It's there because they do want you to be able to pool in your resources to keep your main happy.
    Considering that this particular mechanic is what keeps all non-whales/exploiters happy, why are you complaining about it exactly? If the cost of playing the game at your own pace is too tedious for you, then pay.

    Let me explain why I don't like your posts - I don't particularly care if you're just clueless or whatever, but many of your assumptions hinge on one thing: that the NW devs are stupid and/or incompetent. It doesn't help that, at the same time, you are accusing the devs of only catering to the exceptionally skilled, the whales and the exploiters.
    I only had to read your rather condescending reply to my older post to convince myself that you probably do think this. So let me be blunt - you and I have completely different opinions of the game. Don't use mine to affirm yours.
    Post edited by tyrtallow on
    You there. New to the game? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe you think getting to end-game is impossible for a casual player like yourself, or maybe you just need to be around a community that helps each other stay sane and competitive with the latest news, current trends, random chitchat and most of all LEGIT (that is, we try to keep things fair) gameplay. If you don't mind being around quirky people and the rare occasional drama (one of our prominent TR members is apparently a mafia godfather) join nw_legit_community at http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2330542.
  • xatriuxatriu Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    tyrtallow wrote: »
    I would've thought it obvious.
    Over time the role of 24k AD limit has changed. In the long term, it's there to help control the total amount of AD present in the game. From a more personal standpoint, originally it was there to control how much rough AD people got from playing the game, since there was actually a time when a lot of people were running around with 2M+ rough AD (because once upon a time the devs were openly generous, until that backfired spectacularly) but these days the 24k AD limit is there as more of a capstone for player progress. You reach that limit, you create more characters. The devs WANT you to play multiple characters. This should be obvious from account bound rewards/account bound items/non-BoP daily and campaign rewards and items like the sigil artifacts. Of course there are other benefits of having players who know how the other classes work - at best, it teaches you why the DC is not healing you if you keep running away from him, and at the very least, it reduces the whining. Hell when IWD came out you needed multiple max level characters to even get the sigil quests. And note just how powerful the DC sigil's active is compared to other sigils.


    Yes, there indeed was a time. But lots and lots has changed since then. Back during earlier mods, party bots could do dungeons for purples to salvage, so back then the limit made more sense. And now, with todays lvl 70 gear, those dungeons woulda been significantly quicker to get through. Today those dungeons don't exist and i can bet u my hiney that bots was one of the bigger reasons for their removal. No bot party can beat dungeons available today. Not gonna happen. What botters CAN do however, is create unlimited accounts and use an application that rotates through all these accounts and characters on them to invoke and start leadership tasks. It isn't a hard thing to do. So in the end, the AD limit does pretty much jack.

    That the devs want to promote playing on multiple characters, that's great and all. But not everyone wants to play that way and that should be respected. With that said, account bound items don't prove what you are claiming, you got this all wrong. It doesn't prove that the devs wants you to play more chars. it's primarily there to keep a balance in the games economy. You pick up/equip the item, its now bound and you can not sell it or reuse it. It prevents an overflow of supply. As for quest rewards, well the game needs to reward your effort. Otherwise whats the incentive to do something? The Sigils are the only thing that shows the devs wants you to play alts as they're rewards for hitting 60+ on a specific class, they would be the only incentive for you to make an alt. Be it for the sake of actually wanting to build that alt, or just for the sake of getting a particular class's sigil to use with your main.

    I'm not gonna get too much into the whole thing you mentioned about learning other classes. Yes, some people needs the first hand experience, while others are able to figure out how it works by being observant.

    You presume the devs don't actually know about this and players are just exploiting a flaw in how the game works. Unfortunately for that assumption, the devs aren't that stupid. Why do you think Leadership even exists in the first place? Why do you think the Gateway exists? Why do you think Invocation is how it is atm? Ever wonder why, despite the invocation-support mini-game, the devs will not allow you to invoke from Gateway?[quote}

    Of course the devs are aware players are doing this. Did i ever imply otherwise? And the gateway exists for the sake of convenience. It's primarily there so you can progress your profession, read ingame mail, check AH via a browser from your phone or work-computer while your'e at school, work, vacation, basically any time your'e away from a computer that has the client installed.

    And leadership is there for the same reasons why any other profession is there. And no, i never wondered why invocation is not available through gateway, for the same reasons why I never wondered why I cant pick up attached items in the mail. There is no logical reasoning for it, period. And i shouldn't have to address why.

    Also I never said the devs are stupid. But the devs do make mistakes, look no further then mod 6 itself. Heck, even the devs themselves knows they flopped big time. And this ain't the only time they have done just that. Also the devs have a habbit of forgetting (or ignoring) things that should have a 2nd looking at. This is no secret.

    Finally, it acts as a hint to the benefits of having lots of characters, like Leadership rough AD. You presume that transferring AD through ZAX is supposed to be some kind of loophole. Unfortunately for this other assumption, the devs have known about the ZAX "loophole" since beta. It's there because they do want you to be able to pool in your resources to keep your main happy.
    Considering that this particular mechanic is what keeps all non-whales/exploiters happy, why are you complaining about it exactly? If the cost of playing the game at your own pace is too tedious for you, then pay.


    I complain about it because I do not see the reasoning for it anymore. I do not wish to play multiple alts, not at this point. What i wanna do is progress my main and max it out, and I want to be able to play my main while I do it. I don't wanna do tedious tasks on characters I do not even feel like touching. And i know i'm not the only one. After I max out my main, then perhaps then i'll be ready to play on a alt. And this would be me enjoying the game at MY own pace.

    Let me explain why I don't like your posts - I don't particularly care if you're just clueless or whatever, but many of your assumptions hinge on one thing: that the NW devs are stupid and/or incompetent. It doesn't help that, at the same time, you are accusing the devs of only catering to the exceptionally skilled, the whales and the exploiters.
    I only had to read your rather condescending reply to my older post to convince myself that you probably do think this. So let me be blunt - you and I have completely different opinions of the game. Don't use mine to affirm yours.


    Yeah, we pretty much stand on opposite sides of a fence. And i'm ok with you not liking my posts, your'e entitled to that. But you don't need to get personal. Calling me clueless isn't related to this discussion or debate in any sense.And I don't dislike your posts even if we share different views.
  • xatriuxatriu Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Bah. I <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up the reply above. Just hit the show previous quotes thing, and you should be able to figure the conversation out.
    Post edited by xatriu on
  • deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    leeksie wrote: »
    deathbeez wrote: »
    Can we get rid of this unnecessary fee?

    Hi Deathbeez.....

    This was a highly informative and productive post. Thank you for this information, leeksie.
    The rest of this thread turned to flame-city, which is a shame.

    xatriu's term "AD tax" sums it up nicely.
    I know it's just 5k, but these fees add up.

    I think having to have a zombie army of leadership alts to enjoy this game is a shame, but I think we all agree it's necessary. But it works, and it will get taken away, I'm sure of that, one little nerf at a time, to soften the blow;
    Longer durations, less results, removal from the gateway. Fees go up, AD revenue goes down or base-lines, best-case. That's really my whole point of this thread.


  • dannyinfectdannyinfect Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    I agree with magenubbie about the leadership removal. If there weren't bots running around then the leadership would be alright. But Bots are getting more AD than people actually playing with leadership.

Sign In or Register to comment.