test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New equipment coming with mod 7.

denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
edited July 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
General feel: People will need to be in a high level ranking guild to be BiS now. The gear you get from guild strongholds is better than existing gear.

The guild artifact weapon and off hand are a good idea, the set bonus is really interesting, I would even like the idea of artifact rings too. I think it's a good idea to give everyone the same set bonus, it promotes equity without giving game breaking balance sets to a specific class

On the other hand the jewelry that came out along with new sets of gear needs to be dual slotted for people to consider it.

Currently the pvp jewelry is close to useless because people doing pvp hit the soft cap of tenacity usefulness with only the 4 matching armor pieces, why would anyone bother with the new pvp rings if they are soft capped on tenacity and the PvE versions and jewelcrafting are better?

I would like to see them dual slotted, and perhaps even with a small set bonus for using cloak, ring, and belt to give a small bonus to non artifact gear users in these slots.

http://gatewaytest.playneverwinter.com/
Go to preview gateway to look at the new stuffs
I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread

Comments

• aratecharatech Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    denvald wrote: »
    General feel: People will need to be in a high level ranking guild to be BiS now. The gear you get from guild strongholds is better than existing gear.

So in other words, people who have casual guilds consisting of a few friends or belong to one that was gutted by the utter botching of Mod 6 are up a certain creek without a certain paddle, and once more, the equipment that I drove myself half-mad with boredom grinding through EE to get becomes less useful than the paperweight on my mantle?

Wonderful. *sighs*
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    aratech wrote: »
    denvald wrote: »

So in other words, people who have casual guilds consisting of a few friends or belong to one that was gutted by the utter botching of Mod 6 are up a certain creek without a certain paddle, and once more, the equipment that I drove myself half-mad with boredom grinding through EE to get becomes less useful than the paperweight on my mantle?

Wonderful. *sighs*

My thoughts exactly. . . Sigh . . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    Actually I ran some HE's last night with a guildie. We 2-manned the Pit Fiend and the Giants. The fights are not easy with fewer assailants but it was cool to fight something different. As of now I see the gear as being a nice choice to customize toons quite a bit more than in M6.

We are trying to organize a start the Dragon quests.

But honestly... at least this is not a horrible grind with very little return on the investment.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    It's the RP salvager, I haven't seen it myself but my guild tells me it's basicly trading the old artifacts for the new ones, and if I'm not mistaken the 5 artifact sets will each have different set bonuses, and the fire one(the one we use right now?) has a very nice one, although I havent seen this on gateway perhaps it's on preview I havent had time to look yet
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
    Ho do you see this stuff on Gateway?
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    https://gatewaytest.playneverwinter.com/

It is the preview gateway
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    karakla1 wrote: »

but first you have to copy a character to the preview shard:

Copy Character to Preview

I aim to misbehave
  • umcjdkingumcjdking Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    "The gear you get from guild strongholds is better than existing gear."

Hello, my old familiar road friend.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    All anyone has to do is to take a peek at how STO "Fleets" are working and what's going on:

BiS stuff will *ALWAYS* only be available from Stronghold vendors. BiS includes better then Zen Market items (such as mounts and companions, etc.) - yes, really. Larger guilds will have the advantage of expediency; building their Strongholds to maximum tiers quickly because LOTS OF MEMBERS.

AND to prevent people from joining the guild just to hit the Vendors for BiS stuff and then leaving the guild: those popular large guilds will find a way to put up some kind of PAYWALL or other rigorous hoop-jumping antics to make joining the guild laughably difficult, such as ridiculously high expectation or requirements, for example "ONLY IF YOU HAVE iLEVEL 500,000 OR MOAR!" or "COSTS 15,000,000 AD". (Yeah, sure, I am exaggerating about iLevel and AD, but I kid you not.)

Wait.
    And.
    See.
    AND to prevent people from joining the guild just to hit the Vendors for BiS stuff and then leaving the guild: those popular large guilds will find a way to put up some kind of PAYWALL or other rigorous hoop-jumping antics to make joining the guild laughably difficult, such as ridiculously high expectation or requirements, for example "ONLY IF YOU HAVE iLEVEL 500,000 OR MOAR!" or "COSTS 15,000,000 AD". (Yeah, sure, I am exaggerating about iLevel and AD, but I kid you not.)

Wait.
    And.
    See.

I believe this is one reason behind our hesitance to invite just anyone who requests an invitation.
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    All anyone has to do is to take a peek at how STO "Fleets" are working and what's going on:

BiS stuff will *ALWAYS* only be available from Stronghold vendors. BiS includes better then Zen Market items (such as mounts and companions, etc.) - yes, really. Larger guilds will have the advantage of expediency; building their Strongholds to maximum tiers quickly because LOTS OF MEMBERS.

Wait.
    And.
    See.

Not all STO fleets act like this but some of the largest do charge admission fees to access the Stuffs. Free market and all that it will even out, people will join smaller guilds to build up their Guild marks then leave when they have enough to buy what they want and have saved the admission fee for the Unlocked guilds.​​

Yes, I know. I'm just trying to brace everyone for impact. LOL
  • blag001blag001 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    I have a question about the upcoming module

Mod6 just trashed my guild, we are about 4 active people on it now....

Questions is, can we go, in this way, for the new stronghold content? I mean, can we still do the PvE there?
  • zeroxiczeroxic Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    buying stuff from fleetvendors in STO required stocking up provisions via other fleetprojects after/while the vendor was upgraded - long time ago, memory hazy - but certain they were needed

if the same applies here aka we have to feed the marketplace some provisions so we can then buy our gear/mounts with grinded marks/seals/fangs + the provisons then yes - admission fees make kind of sense - cause thats only the money for the provisions back if u decide to leave our guild after shopping

if we dont have to provision the market and only the upgrades are needed i dont care about a fee since marks/seals/fangs u d have to grind urself and the the upgrades are happening cause my guild and i have to waste our time on something anyway - and since there are no noteworthy dungeons left... 8p
  • helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User

Not all STO fleets act like this but some of the largest do charge admission fees to access the Stuffs. Free market and all that it will even out, people will join smaller guilds to build up their Guild marks then leave when they have enough to buy what they want and have saved the admission fee for the Unlocked guilds.​​

Starfleet Dental let people use their base for free just because of this. Only Dear Leader could provoke the purest rage by charitable trolling