test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Had a great night in Neverwinter (First in a long time)

draven165draven165 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
I wanted to take a few moments to share what, to me, was a great evening playing Neverwinter. Backstory: I had all but given up on running any Dungeons due to a very well known and hated issue with this games VTK system. But last night my wife who plays a Trickster Rogue and my son who recently leveled up his Guardian Fighter asked me to run a few Dungeons with them. Hesitantly I agreed to heal (I am a DC) A (singular) T2 Dungeon. We bought my son his complete T1 set off the AH for under 20k AD. My wife and I both have full T2 sets and then some so this was really about spending some time running my kiddo through to get a T2 piece.

We Queu up and I was feeling pretty good to begin with since I knew we would have the majority vote if there were any issues but to my surprise we drop into the beginning of a Dungeon (Spider) with 2 Control Wizards that were in a guild together. These CW's were farming refining materials for their Artifacts it seemed and were nicely geared for the Dungeon which complimented Mine and my Wifes gear. We pretty much walked through the entire Dungeon and my son got his first T2 Tank Piece. The 2 CW's made this experience so much easier than I had ever anticipated it would be and then offered to Queue up for another. My Singular Dungeon Run now turned into 2. I told them the Dungeon I dreaded the most was Spellplague so we Queued up and low and behold once again walked through the Dungeon rather quickly. We got 2 Dungeons completed during Dungeon Delves. Now my son had 2 pieces of T2 Gear. The CW's had to go so we all sat around discussing if we wanted to try our luck and run another. This is when I found out my son had leveled so fast he had over 18 points to put into powers and hadn't put a single point into his Feats or Paragon HAHAAH!!! We sat down and went through the options and got him set up. We decided to Queue one more time. Remember I was only going to run 1 Dungeon and now we were on our third.

We Queue up and get a SW and GWF this time and once again they had Mic's and were really cool guys. GS was a tad low ( One was in the process of leveling up a newly equipped Artifact weapon and belt) but you know what, we still cleared not only that Dungeon but another one right after.

My night of running 1 Dungeon to help my son out ended up having us run 5 Dungeon and now my kiddo has all 4 pieces of his T2 Tank set. It was a good night spending time laughing and having a good time with my wife and son and we met some really cool people that, like us, just wanted to have some fun and run a few Dungeons without any drama. Its nights like this that remind me what this and all games are supposed to be about. Spending time with family and friends and just enjoying yourselves. With all the complaints (and justified complaints at that) I wanted to share a positive heartfelt moment that Neverwinter brought for my family.

Thank you for your time reading this. Happy Adventuring!

Comments

• Options
    kestrelhawkerkestrelhawker Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    Nice read man .
    I This is what my nights always look like .
    Getting a good group of people to run with is key!

If you are interested in having nights like this and dont mind being surrounded by a bunch of 20's to 40 year olds with varying levels of mental illness ( I kid!) check us out!
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1193958/rainbow-unicorn-death-squad-the-name-isnt-really-that-bad
  • Options
    lordsarveriouslordsarverious Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    very awesome! very rarely do you see this. I'd be glad to lend my magic to help you run dungeons if you ever need it. Gamer tag is the same as my username, though with space between words.
    Co-Founder of AoF Neverwinter Branch (TR 60, CW 60 SS)
    Find me on XBL to get an interview to join the guild.
    5.jpg
  • Options
    xrawcarnagexrawcarnage Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    Sounds like a pretty good night to me. Not often do you find that.

I'm always down to run T2 dungeons so if you or anyone wants to run hit me up on live. Gt xRaw Carnage
  • Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    This is how it should be. Warms my hear :)

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• Options
    xalorusxalorus Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    This is what its supposed to be about. Glad you got to enjoy the game the way its meant to be played. How cool a dad to spend family time together doing this. Hope to run with y'all as well some day. Tc and have fun.
  • Options
    zenghenzenghen Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    That's very cool. :)
  • Options
    kitsumie80kitsumie80 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Cool beans man, i miss those days before the bad stuff. Cheers
  • Options
    soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    Nice to see a story like this. Now I'm jealous lol.
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin
  • Options
    darkpathslpdarkpathslp Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    Great post this game can still be fun and I'm glad I'm not the only dad who games with his family. :)
  • Options
    purplppleterpurplppleter Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    add me if ya like, im always looking for ppl to run with, im only in T1right now tho
  • Options
    draven165draven165 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    I appreciate all the positive feedback from everyone. Thank you all for reading and commenting. Hope to see you all in game soon!
  • Options
    bkthomsonbkthomson Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    This is what Neverwinter is all about! Great story and I hope you meet up with your family int he game someday. Actually I could use some people to game with more regularly and trustworthy.
  • Options
    xrawcarnagexrawcarnage Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    Like I said, very trust worthy and consider person who likes to joke/ have fun as well. Sound like a damn dating site lol
  • Options
    zak3056zak3056 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    If you are interested in having nights like this and dont mind being surrounded by a bunch of 20's to 40 year olds with varying levels of mental illness ( I kid!) check us out!
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1193958/rainbow-unicorn-death-squad-the-name-isnt-really-that-bad

Having recently joined the Rainbow Unicorn Death Squad, I have to say that he's lying about the "I kid" part. There is serious mental illness involved (which is great, because now I don't feel like the only one). :)

• Options
    kestrelhawkerkestrelhawker Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    zak3056 wrote: »

Having recently joined the Rainbow Unicorn Death Squad, I have to say that he's lying about the "I kid" part. There is serious mental illness involved (which is great, because now I don't feel like the only one). :)

Fair point on Zak3056's part ... fair point

• Options
    b0redgamerb0redgamer Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    This is how it should be. Warms my hear :)

It warms my hear too! ;)

Seriously though, people have forgotten the fundamental reason for gaming is to have fun. Not to win, make money or be the best. Those things are nice on the side but to have fun with friends and family is the most rewarding part. Anyone who wants to run with me feel free to add me as well. GT = b0red gamer.
    Signature under construction, stay tuned.
    GT: b0red gamer
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Awww! I wish I played on Xbox, I would be more than happy to play with some of you. :D If any one plays on PC, I love doing fun stuff (not just the same thing over and over again).
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png