test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I'm Thinking About A Catch-All Guild For Strongholds

j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
Writing my new blog piece (obvious advertisement is obvious!), that summarizes what we know about Strongholds so far, I was also thinking how I personally could approach the new Mod as I'm currently in no guild.

Depending on how the final version looks, I was thinking about opening up a guild for the solo/PVE folks, which, for one reason or another, don't want to fully commit to a guild. Such a guild would solely serve the purpose to get the latest gear, items and boons and whenever you're done, you can leave again (that's assuming all stuff is indeed independent to guild membership).

Not sure what the best approach is however if you just want to get the stuff. If you need to permanently be in a guild to reap all benefits, there won't be an alternative anyway.
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    IF it follows the STO Model The Larger Guilds Will Charge an Admission Fee for you to Join Buy stuff then Leave.
    ​​

One more reason for my proposed model. I'll happily invite everybody for free. Admissions. <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> lol.
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    Not a bad idea...
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    The problem is that it takes time and donations from membership to build-up the guild and all the parts needed. Stronghold vendors, for example, won't be available as easy or fast as that. They come later, much later, and at varying tiers; initially offering some stuff, then more stuff, then better stuff, then more better stuff as they are ranked up and all that.

Having such an "open catch-all" guild is a neat idea. But the members will need to hang around and participate in getting the Stronghold built (and that will take time.) This alone negates the ability to "eat and run" as it were. The people will need to stick around.

Oh, and once that Stronghold is as strong as it can be and everything is all top-notch: it still has to be maintained. ~cough~
    Oh, and once that Stronghold is as strong as it can be and everything is all top-notch: it still has to be maintained. ~cough~

In theory that's not a big issue, because ideally the system carries itself. New players that come in have to earn Stronghold currency, keeping the boat afloat until they can buy what they want. Repeat.

However, I get that this would open up the possibility to leech and leave.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    So basically the Mos Eisley of guilds?
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    So basically the Mos Eisley of guilds?

You need to explain that comparison, because I honestly don't get it.
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    Mos Eisley is an area of mercs and a rag-tag bunch of ne'er-do-wells.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
    And how does that relate to an idea that serves the purpose to enable content for everybody?