test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fix PVP, Gear Score Balancing

afoster85afoster85 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
PVP needs a fix, teams should be balanced with regards to gear score. Everyone's gear score should be within a specific range of the teams average gear score...say +-1500. It is very frustrating to get stuck with players that have 5,000 less gear score rating while the entire other team has a high rated gear score. Team averages should be within a target range as well, one team should not have an average rating that is +2000 gear rating over another team...it just ruins the PVP experience. Please balance the teams, thanks.

Also, as everyone has mentioned...fix (NERF) the trickster rogue, it is overpowered and is obvious because everyone runs that character because of it.

Comments

• agent00spliffagent00spliff Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    Matching by gearscore is a terrible idea since some classes get boosted GS
    Dolores Haze - CW
    Lykopis - GWF
    Goon Squad

Embrace the cashgrab
  • nickinightnickinight Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    You win some, you lose some. It's frustrating I know, but can't be helped. I usually run with a group of friends around my own GS.

Also, if you can't beat them, join them. :D I do rather like my TR for PVP. They have been nerfed with the whole Invisibility/stealth mode. I can see TR's standing still while they can see me as well. Hell, HR's and CW are pretty OP if they root/freeze you. Let's nerf them too!
    Lvl 70 HR Mistress Fleur | Lvl 70 TR Countess Myra
    1. "Cleric: Protect at all costs.
    2. Rest of Group: Expendable."
    GT= NikkiNight (Looking for new peeps to run ANY dungeons/skirmishes with. GS irrelevant)
  • nickinightnickinight Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I'll run things with you. Not all Neverwinter players are horrible xD

Add me if you wish. GT= NikkiNight
    Lvl 70 HR Mistress Fleur | Lvl 70 TR Countess Myra
    1. "Cleric: Protect at all costs.
    2. Rest of Group: Expendable."
    GT= NikkiNight (Looking for new peeps to run ANY dungeons/skirmishes with. GS irrelevant)
  • lordsarveriouslordsarverious Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    add me Lord Sarverious as well. There is an off chance our group needs one or two to keep the boot looters away.
    Co-Founder of AoF Neverwinter Branch (TR 60, CW 60 SS)
    Find me on XBL to get an interview to join the guild.
    5.jpg
  • dannyboy0980dannyboy0980 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    you would need to fix the pvp system to gear score and the tenacity stats as nobody is able to get anywhere close to be able to get there pvp gear because you always get matched with pvp guilds playing so a lot don't even attempt any more.

I completely disagree with any class being nurfed, they are all op and beneficial to what they are, if you can build your class to match up for pvp then fair play, once they nurf anything your classes are gonna be worse off for pve so why should others that don't play pvp suffer because people cant kill someone in pvp ??
  • grintooth#7771 grintooth Member Posts: 2 Arc User

you would need to fix the pvp system to gear score and the tenacity stats as nobody is able to get anywhere close to be able to get there pvp gear because you always get matched with pvp guilds playing so a lot don't even attempt any more.

I completely disagree with any class being nurfed, they are all op and beneficial to what they are, if you can build your class to match up for pvp then fair play, once they nurf anything your classes are gonna be worse off for pve so why should others that don't play pvp suffer because people cant kill someone in pvp ??

I have to agree...still being somewhat new to this game I can already see that PVP has some big issues. Now after hitting level 70 I will have to say I wish I had never done that. I use to enjoy PVP and do fairly well in it and them bam...level 70 and I magically became useless.Everyone says deal with it and upgrade your gear in time but every game is a blowout by one team and some games you can't even earn glory as the other team just kills you as you leave spawn. Maybe if they would fix this you would see more people in time start doing the PVP...right now you see the same few people in the matches every single time.

As much as I enjoy this game I will have to say this will probably be the one thing that will convince me to give up on this game...this is something that should be simple to fix. From what I have seen most of it it based off the tenacity score so break it down to groups of tenacity levels for both teams...if you are over a certain score you go to the next higher level...I would much rather wait a bit longer for a good match and have fun than to get a quick blowout match every time that one team can't even participate in.

• azuosed89azuosed89 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    they tried it before, and didn't work on PC. the QUES became too long, and you would spend hours waiting in Que to be matched against someone your rnaking.

I think they could give a stats balancing based on IL, like a stats boost or something, other games have it already on pvp.
    for example, when a 4K IL fights a 2k IL, the 2k IL will have the stats boosted to 4k. gearwise and enchantment wise.

If a chracter tries to abuse of it and remove gear, they could make it smart that the boost always matches the highest IL of the match. and bingo, pvp will be at least a little bit balanced. Of course, it wouldn't be appliable for armor and weapon enchantments, but for stats it would already help a bit.
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
  • tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    What needs to be fixed is the completely broken HR perma stun.

Change the Crushing Roots class feat so that it doesn't have any effect in PvP, it's been abused so blatantly that honestly players no longer deserve a middle-ground solution.