test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Simple fix to most major problems

TomidiusTomidius Member Posts: 27 Arc User
A simple fix to most of the major problems with the game would only take someone with the power to do anything about it to actually play the game. Give this person or a couple persons a level 60 character and tell them to do dungeons using the dungeon finder.

It wouldn't take long for them to find out the problems. The freezing, the loot kicking....chat filters, there are tons of things.

Simply PLAY or TEST your own game...

Comments

• l1yevl1yev Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    Well a better fix for the loot booting would be to only have the group leader only be able to initiate a vote kick, that would cut down a lot, and you should be able to vote a leader in case they are an ineffective player.

All else fails jump in with a party... But seriously having the leader only being able to initiate a vote kick would at least stop the loot boogers who join in at endbosses that just spam boots to kick everyone out to steal your lobby.

I was once 4 manning a dread vault, a rogue, 2 hunters, and a cleric. We were doing great at the 2nd mini boss and some freaking jerkwad rogue jumps into our game and vote kicks our rogue while we were distracted and fighting, it successfully kicked our rogue, this caused murder and mayhem and totally screwed us over. People who just barely join in like that shouldn't be able to try to boot people out who have been there.

Plus if you isolate vote kicking to just the group leader it lets us as your players know who the loot booters actually are because they're the only ones who can initiate a vote to boot and we can just report them.

You will still get kicked though by greedy randoms who see something nice drop though, but it will just take one to get the ball rolling.
    If you can't beat 'em, arrange to have them beaten.
  • misterrrwarlockmisterrrwarlock Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    l1yev wrote: »
    Well a better fix for the loot booting would be to only have the group leader only be able to initiate a vote kick, that would cut down a lot, and you should be able to vote a leader in case they are an ineffective player.

All else fails jump in with a party... But seriously having the leader only being able to initiate a vote kick would at least stop the loot boogers who join in at endbosses that just spam boots to kick everyone out to steal your lobby.

I was once 4 manning a dread vault, a rogue, 2 hunters, and a cleric. We were doing great at the 2nd mini boss and some freaking jerkwad rogue jumps into our game and vote kicks our rogue while we were distracted and fighting, it successfully kicked our rogue, this caused murder and mayhem and totally screwed us over. People who just barely join in like that shouldn't be able to try to boot people out who have been there.

Plus if you isolate vote kicking to just the group leader it lets us as your players know who the loot booters actually are because they're the only ones who can initiate a vote to boot and we can just report them.

You will still get kicked though by greedy randoms who see something nice drop though, but it will just take one to get the ball rolling.

There were many good sulutions offered: do not let people who just joined to kick others for like 4- 5 minutes, do not let people spam vote kicks every 3 seconds (put at least 15-30 secs cool down so it would be harder for instance stealers to keep them coming), do not let people initiate vote kicks while a boss fight is taking place and after it is over (at least the final boss one). That is it! No boot & loot, lower instance stealing rates and happy people. But they are busy with generating and introducing "better ideas"... Which made things worse, but hey, who cares, most of the people lost hope anyway.

• bsmittelbsmittel Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Right, these guys aren't even fixing the freeze up things they did with the loot box, I'm sure they're going to get right on your suggestions
  • bgesusbgesus Member Posts: 5 New User
    New account so I cant post a new thread... Anyone know why I cant unmute anyone in my groups?? Havent been able to find any answers online. Any help would be great. Running dungeons and pvp is really boring with no talking
  • bluedoodbluedood Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    bgesus wrote: »
    New account so I cant post a new thread... Anyone know why I cant unmute anyone in my groups?? Havent been able to find any answers online. Any help would be great. Running dungeons and pvp is really boring with no talking

They are most likely in an xbox live party. The game chat does not work well as soon as you have a third person in the group.

To mute players you need to view xbox profile and mute or unmute from there. If you had not previously muted them on live, your issue is party not game chat.