test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Enchantment: Tenebrous, Not working

nr1faustnr1faust Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 36 Arc User
The problem in short:
Since this mod, Tenebrous are not working as normal when using multiple enchants of this kind.
Normally if you have 2 or more Tenebrous enchantments slotted you will do x% of your current HP as Dmg for each enchant.
every 18 seconds.

Now something is broken and only 1 will do it's x% of dmg.

It's a known bug for a while now and still nothing has changed. Can you fix this or set the changes back to an older version?
Sounds like a simple fix to me.

Faust.

Comments

• nr1faustnr1faust Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 36 Arc User
    Is this a Bug or maybe a ninja nerf?
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    Do you know if there's a particular quality of Tenebrous that's broken, or if its any particular version?
    I tested it with greater's and i know it also is a thing with rank 11 and rank 12's. So I assume it is the same at lesser and normal. I also do not know if it is because I run with 7 of the same kind. Maybe it works better if you have 1 of each rank.

I hope this answers your question.

-me-
    I can confirm this is a defect.

Tested with a toon that had 24658 hitpoints.
    1% of that is 246.58

With 1 lesser tenebrous equipped: 247
    With 2 lesser tenebrous equipped: 247
    With 3 lesser tenebrous equipped: 247

So, that feels a little broken, but I thought perhaps rather than stacking, perhaps they proc individually. So, I hit the dummy exactly 80 using 3, 2 and 1 tenebrous.

In all three runs, based on ACT parsed data, tenebrous proc'd 3 times per run.

What I did:
    1: Using a lvl 62 SW, fully respec'd with no feats or boons selected and with no gear with any special properties or companions summoned, slotted 1 lesser tenebrous.
    2: Attack a target dummy using Hand of Blight Melee exactly 80 times (20 sets of 4 attacks).
    3: Check the number of procs in ACT for "Tenebrous Power"
    4: Slot one an additional tenebrous and do steps 1-3 again.

Expected result:
    One of two things should happen here, either one could be considered OK.
    1: The tenebrous should stack and proc as a unit, much the same as how Dragon Hoard or Fey Blessing does. In this case, I would expect the damage done per proc to have been 740.
    2: The tenebrous should proc individually, each doing 247 damage. In this case, I would expect to see three procs for one enchant, six procs for two and nine procs for three.

Observed result:
    I found in all three 80-hit runs, regardless of the number of tenebrous enchantments I had slotted, the power proc'd 3 times for 247 damage each time.

• strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    ]You are amazing, @kvet!

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    soo are they gonna fix it?
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
    edited July 2015
    Thanks Strumslinger :)

@lwedar - I sure hope so! All we can do is ensure the information is given to QA for official validation and then onto the dev's work queue for a fix. Work is prioritize against everything else. I'm attempting to help move things from the "pile of stuff people have mentioned might be broken" to the "list of things that we can replicate and confirm as broken"

For a developer to track down a bug, it's not helpful to simply know that something may not be working - they need to know for sure it's broken (or they won't waste their time chasing it down) and they need to understand exactly what it's doing that it's not supposed to do. My effort here is centered on helping that along by wrapping some details around these reports. It's up to the developer team to actually take action... so far, they seem to jump on things once they become "low hanging fruit" - the lower I can make these, the more likely they'll fix it... so, here's hoping!

EDIT: I'm sure the QA team is pretty much heads down on Stronghold... so... hopefully I'm helping them out too :)
  • dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I never tried it myself but one of my guildmates told me they activate differently so I thought only one of tenebrous can activate any given time.So lets say if you have 5 of them.First one activates you hit %x then second activates you hit another %x then 3rd then 4h then 5th.I dont know what is its CD is but you can make full cycle until first ones CD is up if you put tenebrous enchantments to all of your offense slots.
    That maybe be the intended behavior, but that's now what's showing up. Only way that could have been true is if the ICD was extremely long - like more than 3 minutes. Otherwise on at least one of my test runs, you'd have seen more than a single set of procs. Plus - with one, I got 3 procs, then with 2 I got 3 procs, then again with 3 I got 3 procs. If there was a long ICD, I would have expected at the very least (given the time I waited between runs) that even if run 2 was invalid because enchant 1 was still in ICD, by run 3 I would expect the ICD to have expired and therefore more than the 3 procs to show. So, while scenario 2 (individual procs) might be the expected behavior - that's not what the test showed was happening.
  • dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    Sorry you are right.I scroll down from your post by mistake sorry:)
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    Thanks for the awesome work Kvet, hope they will fix this pretty soon! :)
    va8Ru.gif
    Thank you kvet, I will use your style the next time when I have a debug report.
    Thanks a lot.

And now we wait.
    -me-
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    Submitted to the devs!

someone should check tranquil too
    ah sorry. The tranquil has the same issues as tene's except for healing not damage. IE multiple ones not proccing
    So it turns out this is WAI. Beforehand, stacking Tenebrous Enchantments was killing other players and monsters in one hit, which was an unintended side effect. The devs instead made it so that if you stack Tenebrous Enchantments, it increases the rate at which it procs instead of the amount of damage it does.

@strumslinger but... Look at the results- it proc'd at the same rate and for the same damage regardless of whether I had 1, 2, or 3. I suppose if it's an effect of RNG my results could be flawed, but that was only one representive run out of, don't recall now, may 8 or so more or less identical runs.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    So it turns out this is WAI. Beforehand, stacking Tenebrous Enchantments was killing other players and monsters in one hit, which was an unintended side effect. The devs instead made it so that if you stack Tenebrous Enchantments, it increases the rate at which it procs instead of the amount of damage it does.

Strum,

While I agree it wasnt ideal how it was working. This is makes it really lack luster... I guess id ask you submit this for reconsideration. Some possible suggestions would be to re-work the ICD but make it a lower % chance to proc making stacking more of these worth while. Players already stack so many DoTs that increasing the rate is really a moot point.

Just is pretty lack luster when your ACT this enchant and track its DPS....

Heck even adjusting this to something like: removing the ICD, each attack hits your target for an additional 5% (at rank 12) of your weapon damage.

Stacking 6 of these then would be 30% weapon damage with each hit (same as Trans Holy Avenger). Just an idea. Tenebrous is really lack luster now....
  • vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User

hmm, test are showing there is no increased rate of proc if you stack them. I think that part might be bugged still
    Yup, asked the devs again.

• ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User

It wont matter Andy. The % chance is high enough where the issue isnt the proc % but the ICD.

I think there is a confusion around that. If it has an ICD of say 15 seconds but can only proc once during that time and its initial proc % is 5%. Stacking 3 of them going to 15% your still limited to the ICD so it doesnt matter.

Now if you REALLY buffed up tenebrous enchants and gave them each like a 1% chance to proc and then reduced the ICD to like 4 seconds and THEN made it so each one increased the % chance to proc, it could be much better. Because then the limiting factor would actually be the % chance to proc since its SO low.

But with an ICD so high, increasing the % chance is worthless..... Youll ALWAYS get the proc even with just 1 enchant within the ICD.
    edited August 2015
    It has no ICD, those enchants have a server side cool-down. Like the daily quests have.

This cool-down resets once every 16 seconds.
    Normally it hits on the first hit of your attack and then sits and waits until the server says it is off cool-down.
    So Making the cool-down shorter based on the number of enchants will be hard. So you have to remove the server CD to a local one.

Or just set it back to what it used to be, since npc's in dungeons have a ton of health and in pvp you still do no dmg thanks to the high tenacity and negations (+ Tene no longer ignores armor.)

And 5% or rank 12 is low is you look at it this way.
    Rank 10 is 330 stat points and a rank 12 is 700.
    Tene rank 10 is 3% and rank 12 is 5% Should this not be like 7% or so?

-me-
    Server side cool down = Internal Cooldown (ICD). Non internal is when it's documented, that's when it's called a plain old CD.
  • marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    May I ask what your question was to the devs :-)?.

If you read the original answer to the change it said and I quote;
    the change was made to spread out the damage but not make it less.....

Now everybody that tried having up to 7 Tenebroughs knows that it procs the same amount of times as having 1.

The change is NOT working with an increase in proc chanse during a set period of time!!

Once again Sturm can you explain exactly what the devs did with the time stamp because what ever they did 1 it does not work as intended by the answer given by Crush and 2 if only 1 ever procs during a set period of time what kind of % does having several add?

@strumslinger can you verify whether this is actually still a bug? I've already tested and presented my data. I could resubmit my report documentation if you'd like - from what I can tell, the devs looked at what I submitted and basically said it's WAI, which is fine... but I'm not sure they look hard enough. I get that combining multiple is OP - lol, I used to do that - had 5 of the things slotted way back in the early days, I know how OP it was :) So that's cool that they don't stack, but the problem is, they also don't increase the proc chance, or at the very least, as @ayroux mentioned, the ICD is so long, it procs so rarely that it's effectively useless.

In my test, I didn't account for stacking to ONLY increase proc %, but I could easily re-do the test by putting a paperweight on my mouse (to save my finger) and just hit for 5 minutes straight with different numbers of enchants. My guess is, the number of procs would be the same no matter what - because the chance of a proc isn't THAT different and the ICD is so long that the counts would even themselves out.

Ayroux's suggestion is a good one. 1% per rank per enchant (with it starting at Rank 7 as usual) with an ICD of 5 seconds. That prevents multi-procs and it prevents damage stacking, while still giving a reason to stack multiple and higher level versions.
  • gibirligibirli Member Posts: 7 Arc User

?????????????

• dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User

well then they lied to you. on my tr with duelists flurry it procs once every 20 seconds regardless of how many i slot.
    2 months later...