test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Lost Heroes of the Lance is recruiting, new players are welcome!

jandrixjandrix Member Posts: 12 Arc User
Hello Everyone,

I am @Jandrix. I am the guild master of a new guild called The Lost Heroes of the Lance. Myself and @Azlias decided that we wanted a casual guild that fit our lives and hopefully other peoples as well. We are both big fans of Forgotten Realms and other fantasy settings, especially Dragonlance. We have a few members so far but just waiting for people to randomly ask to join the guild is probably not the best recruiting strategy, especially with Strongholds coming. While we are committed to being a casual guild we still hope to provide a full environment for our members to enjoy the game and those strongholds look like a lot of enjoyment. We plan to build and work on them if it is the two of us or if a hundred of you join us. We just hope you will join us.

TLHotL.shivtr.com

A few important things about our guild and the path we have chosen to take.

1) We are casual. It is a word that often gets thrown around with very negative connotations. We are not bad players, nor are we lazy players. We just try to enjoy the game at our own pace.

2) We understand that people have lives. This is one of the main things we care about. People often have work and families and other priorities that are more important than the game. We want our guild to be devoted to a relaxed attitude about this. We will not fault someone who has to suddenly log off to care for a child. We will not fault someone who has to log of suddenly because their parents told them to get offline. We will not fault someone who does not log on when they were supposed to because they had to work. We have families and sometimes they just need to take priority and that okay with us. Right now we do not have any planned events but once we gain enough members we will hopefully be able to do guild runs. Attendance will not be required.

3) No registering with a website or applying. Azlias and I are both tired of signing up at so many websites for so many things. We do not require you to sign up for our guild website or our guild forums. We do not want to require people to memorize one more password. That also means we do not require an application. We will invite anyone who says that they think they will fit the guild and we are going to trust that they are honest because we want to have fun be a family and starting off distrusting others is not the way we want to do it. Also we don't care what your gear is or what level you are so no real reason for an application.

4) Language kept to a minimum. We are not requiring the language to be preschool levels, sometimes stuff just slips out, but we do want the chat to be appropriate for anyone. Little bits here and there is acceptable but it does need to have limits.

5) Polite to everyone. We are going for a "family atmosphere" and that does not mean my family atmosphere where we sometimes do yell at each other but the tv perfect family atmosphere. You must be polite to other guild members. If there is a problem you talk to me about it and I will deal with it. I also do not want you to be rude to people out of the guild. I want to promote good will. Gold farmers and bots do not apply. They are not real players.

If you are a new player or a player who has been playing online games since MUDs you are welcome. I want this guild to be very friendly to new players. I am glad to answer questions about the game and help out when I am not busy. I like to help people. Right now we do not have a guild bank, I am working on that. We also do not have a guild website at all. If there is a demand as we grow I will be glad to make one and no one will be required to sign up for it.

We want to grow, we want to succeed, we want to have fun.

Message myself @jandrix if you want to join or you want more information. If no one is on send an in game mail to myself and I will add you to my friends list to find you online to connect with you about joining. Right now all new members get a FREE minor health potion!

Edit:Since the guild search does not seem to find us just send me a friend request and/or an in game mail.

Edit 2 (7-11-15): We have been having some luck. We have had a decent number of people join the game. Lots of people leveling looking for someplace that they can talk to people and not feel pressured. I am really happy to be finding people with similar playstyles. The people have all been wonderful to talk to and I have been glad to help people with questions about the game. We are taking off. We may never be a guild doing endgame stuff but we will be a guild that people feel welcomed and never imitated to ask questions. Thank you to everyone who has joined and expressed interest in the guild and we are always open to new members. And we do have a guild bank now! Send me a mail!

Edit 3(7-25-15): Added a website address near the top! Website is up!.

220px-Dragonlance-Logo.jpg
Post edited by jandrix on

Comments

• angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    I saw your post at reddit. Did a search in-game but nothing came up. It makes me wonder if the guild is disbanded. Either way, sent an in-game mail. If the guild is still active them reply, if not then that's okay, too. :)
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    The guild search is bugged - it only works sometimes. It's typically more reliable to manipulate the URL in the Gateway if you're looking for a specific guild, as long as you know their full name. Alternatively, they could have their guild hidden from search.
  • jandrixjandrix Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Definitely not disbanded. I made sure the guild is set to show up in searches. I can't even seem to get it to show up when I search. I responded to your mail and sent you a friend request.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    jandrix wrote: »
    Definitely not disbanded. I made sure the guild is set to show up in searches. I can't even seem to get it to show up when I search. I responded to your mail and sent you a friend request.

Awesome - I'll respond sometime tomorrow (Sunday) - ridiculously late night for me: stupid July 4th fireworks is keeping the city awake well past bedtime. LOL