test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Video] GF bursting OP tank in few seconds

quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
So much for being "immortal". At some point in the video you can see my gear (I've full pvp set, so it's not due to lack of Tenacity).

Also note that i've aura of truth rank 3 (-10% dmg on all enemies with 30m) and aura of protection rank 3 (+10% DR on all allies within 30m).

Even with all that survivality you can still die quickly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv9IXJmvYGQ&feature=youtu.be

Comments

• rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    ...gf damage is so out of whack
  • pherrowpherrow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 418 Arc User
    I didn't watch yet but is this vid pointing out that YOU are not immortal? Or are you saying that if you are not immortal then all palis are the same as you?
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    undergeared paladin
  • castethcasteth Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    its interesting

You should also say that its a 2 vs 1
    The other paladin cursed you ( so - 40% resists on you )
    They have fighting advantage ( you are surrounded )
    You did tons of mistake who bring you to death ( with sanctuary you would not die that fast )

But it shows a way to annoy a paladin
  • daggon87daggon87 Member Posts: 288 Arc User
    Seriously, change these shirt and pants. You're under-geared, so of course your defense will break fast.
    Olaf, freelance guardian fighter.
    Enorla, Oh so devoted cleric.
    edited July 2015
    indeed, aura of courage has a bug, every char you will meet who got dot can 1 shot you ( like you can one shot him)

Means actually, you need to remove it against some people who know that bug ( yes, they know it and they are exploiting it )

But, in case of that record, this is not what happened.
  • quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    casteth wrote: »
    its interesting

You should also say that its a 2 vs 1
    The other paladin cursed you ( so - 40% resists on you )
    They have fighting advantage ( you are surrounded )
    You did tons of mistake who bring you to death ( with sanctuary you would not die that fast )

1. Paladin was irrelevant. I'd die to this GF even when he was without Paladin around
    2. The only Paladin debuff that could help GF is Bane (max +30% dmg taken) and he didnt use it even once
    3. See point one
    4. If i had sanctuary on they would just wait until i run out of stamina and once GF start rolling his combo it's 2s to death.
  • rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Man, how boring it must be to play OP. You just stand in one place, activate powers and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Wait to be focused by enough CC from enough players until you can be put out of your misery. Like in a coma inside a fallout bunker. Sluggish as they may be, at least the GF gets to stretch his legs and retain good posture. -_-
    daggon87 wrote: »
    Seriously, change these shirt and pants. You're under-geared, so of course your defense will break fast.

These are the one which scale with level (bonus xp ones) arent that bad by stats, just lack the slot for runstones which wouldnt make much difference tbh.

btw, i've all boons except the 3 ones from WoD.
    edited July 2015
    quspiv wrote: »
    its interesting

1. Paladin was irrelevant. I'd die to this GF even when he was without Paladin around
    2. The only Paladin debuff that could help GF is Bane (max +30% dmg taken) and he didnt use it even once
    3. See point one
    5. If i had sanctuary on they would just wait until i run out of stamina and once GF start rolling his combo it's 2s to death.

Vow of Enmity on the first death, both was hiting you

You had absolutly no shield, which is for a protection OP a mistake

You are just waiting to be killed, i will not tell you how work Shielding Strike, you just had to hit them to have 1 ( or 3 ) shield

You are not using sanctuary and walking around them, which could give you some time to heal yourself/add temp hp or some time for your artifact

First death you didnt use any daily while you could

You wasnt using aura of courage, means the bug with this aura isnt why you died.

I saw your gears, i know the gf and the op, you are far far away from them.

To finish, i already met them a lot, and they are far far away from killing me, and op + gf will not kill a paladin with egal gears.
    edited July 2015
    its interesting

3. See point one
    5. If i had sanctuary on they would just wait until i run out of stamina and once GF start rolling his combo it's 2s to death.

Vow of Enmity on the first death, both was hiting you

You had absolutly no shield, which is for a protection OP a mistake

You are just waiting to be killed, i will not tell you how work Shielding Strike, you just had to hit them to have 1 ( or 3 ) shield

You are not using sanctuary and walking around them, which could give you some time to heal yourself/add temp hp or some time for your artifact

First death you didnt use any daily while you could

You wasnt using aura of courage, means the bug with this aura isnt why you died.

I saw your gears, i know the gf and the op, you are far far away from them.

To finish, i already met them a lot, and they are far far away from killing me, and op + gf will not kill a paladin with egal gears.

VoE increases Paladin dmg only and Paladin dmg is a joke (VoE also doesnt work in a way you think it does. It increases your dmg by 20% and upgrade rank increase the dmg out of these base 20%, therefore you will never get +40% dmg)

Shield from Shield strike makes no difference against that dmg, he would just start his rotation earlier.

Watch the video again. I was full HP when GF came, used CT to get temp HP, then TW and in the middle of his rotation CT which gave me even more EHP.

Whole point of this thread is that you can kill OP tank quickly even without courage aura bug.

Item level means nothing. The only item that could make small difference is perf Negation+.

Usually i can tank a lot of classes, 1 vs many, even CW's with Wheel of Elements, but not GF.
  • ryoshinetteryoshinette Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 488 Arc User
    nerf GF cause one lol OP died.
    thats the spirit
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.

thats the spirit

Relax, nobody has mentioned any nerf here. It's just to show that some specs can still counter OP tanks, that's all.
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    he didnt have the bugged aura
    Paladin Master Race
  • coramac9799coramac9799 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Your build and gearing look to be suboptimal for survival. Getting killed quickly should not come as a surprise.
  • ryoshinetteryoshinette Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 488 Arc User
    I'm relaxed. That was sarcasm. Fact, that some1 abusing bug shouldn't be a argument in disqussion, just sign to fix for devs. But did they care about this game? Nah, just VIP area to max out zen without fixing bugs.
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.

• burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    ive noticed that bug with 2 gfs, but some other stuff is supposed to trigger the bug also, i made a topic in bug section about this and also, with the help of mods, brought this up to staff(with a bit more info than in topic), hopefully it will get fixed soon as it should be a high priority bug
    Paladin Master Race
  • ravenanravenan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    This vidio
    thats the spirit

Relax, nobody has mentioned any nerf here. It's just to show that some specs can still counter OP tanks, that's all.
    EEE OP scrubs with no knowlage yep, OP tanks not in a milion years... You really have to prove that OP can be killed with 2.4 ilvl OP with g.barkshield ? :D:D:D:D And in first fight paladin did the most dmg(look at cresendo).. you clearly havnt met black paladin before.... It second part it was GF with 30k crits...
    Main : GF - Lord Kruk
    Steel and Magic
  • umcjdkingumcjdking Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    I love how an OP dying to another OP and GF is cause for great concern.
  • kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    It's a p2w game. Let's face it.

We don't know the GF's gear.
    But a 4k+ sw(even the weakest class in pvp) can kill you within 10 seconds

That 'weakest class' also happens to have one of the most potent CCs (despite tenacity) in the game, with powers that deal a very strong, quick repeating series of DoT damages, and if he's BiS throughout his wazoo as in 4k+ then the scope of damage can be easily imagined as long as the SW gets the first strike with a decisive CC. A massively powerful glass cannon.

...is that supposed to prove anything? As in, "if SWs can kill X, then it must mean that X is not overpowered"?
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    GF can hit anyone and destroy them in this game, they are worse than Rogues when it come to that. I have had a GF without Lost Mauth hit me harder than a Rogue with it last night in PvP. Again, PvP is basically a afterthought in this game and it is only going to get worse. Devs don't get a flyin <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about class balance when it comes to PvP and it has shown in the many screw up Mods.

I ended up making a GF and at level 30 with a T. Feytouch and T. Negation I pretty much one shot people, I have better defenses than a GWF and superior damage.
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • ashnnwashnnw Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    Well being a 3.8 + OP I can tell you that if you get caught in a cc without temp hp, or shield up, several classes can melt you in a matter of seconds, SW, TR, CW, anything esle will not have enough time for you to not go defensive enough to live.

3k+ any two of those close to your IL will get you too with chain CC( Nothing Like PermaDaze, inside SmokeBomb, to insure you die, In that Video there were an abundance of mistakes made by that Paly GS never got used, TW only once, Shield never went up, never moved to buy time to setup a TW, OR LOH, and the Palys was pretty under-geared, but he is right about one thing gear wont make too much a difference if you get caught in chain CC your 130-140k hp goes down in seconds anyway.

Paly Deaths are almost always attributed to chain CC fest on them, Heroism is a much better choice than Guardians if you are trying to stay alive, and drop someone.

chain CC is a death sentence for a Paly.
    ashnnw wrote: »
    Well being a 3.8 + OP I can tell you that if you get caught in a cc without temp hp, or shield up, several classes can melt you in a matter of seconds, SW, TR, CW, anything esle will not have enough time for you to not go defensive enough to live.

3k+ any two of those close to your IL will get you too with chain CC( Nothing Like PermaDaze, inside SmokeBomb, to insure you die, In that Video there were an abundance of mistakes made by that Paly GS never got used, TW only once, Shield never went up, never moved to buy time to setup a TW, OR LOH, and the Palys was pretty under-geared, but he is right about one thing gear wont make too much a difference if you get caught in chain CC your 130-140k hp goes down in seconds anyway.

Paly Deaths are almost always attributed to chain CC fest on them, Heroism is a much better choice than Guardians if you are trying to stay alive, and drop someone.

...until it realizes it's better to be 200% more resistant to ALL CCs than adding 30% more DR which might be just 'pierced' through... at which point chain-CC becomes chain-of-net lags that becomes not much more than minor discomfort and certainly nothing that prevents you from healing or buffing oneself constantly.

Nerf TEB.
  • umcjdkingumcjdking Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    gomok72 wrote: »
    GF can hit anyone and destroy them in this game, they are worse than Rogues when it come to that. I have had a GF without Lost Mauth hit me harder than a Rogue with it last night in PvP. Again, PvP is basically a afterthought in this game and it is only going to get worse. Devs don't get a flyin <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about class balance when it comes to PvP and it has shown in the many screw up Mods.

I ended up making a GF and at level 30 with a T. Feytouch and T. Negation I pretty much one shot people, I have better defenses than a GWF and superior damage.

Tell me...

Where is this pre-60 armor that has armor enhancement slots?
  • shillaenshillaen Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    ashnnw wrote: »

Well,...sorry to say...chain CC is death sentence for all class my friend...

edited July 2015
    PS2: I see kweassa actually acknowledging that the issue might not be Paladin related but rather enchantment related. A step in the right direction

**gruffs in Mr.T voice**

Abeen'lways like that since befo' you, foo

• pauliusxaspauliusxas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    Pff worst pally ever, you need to move becouse you look like dummy just dummy is stronger than u, u even not dealing dmg to them while with decent build pally can fight vs 3, stand long vs them + even can kill some in a while.
  • drfattdrfatt Member Posts: 31
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    @openforbreakfast : Something must be wrong with you when all top players already stated that Protector OP is BROKEN.
    Every class is broken in one way or another.
    "All ppl complaining about paladins being immortals are undergeared players, who are thinking like young hussar officers - they want to slice the enemy with few hits and then to go for a drink."
  • drfattdrfatt Member Posts: 31
    Trickster rogue - "Hey, I can't one-shoot the pally with my bugged 80k+ shocking execution, the class must be broken. Yes, definitely broken, it's not fair to stay alive."
    "All ppl complaining about paladins being immortals are undergeared players, who are thinking like young hussar officers - they want to slice the enemy with few hits and then to go for a drink."
  • coramac9799coramac9799 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Much of the problem with discussing survivability is the varied builds you will see Paladins running.

The OP (OP herein referring to original poster not Oathbound Paladin) here is running a poorly optimized survival build. From the partial information we get from when he shows his character screen, we can tell that he isn't using the Lostmauth set nor does he appear to be building to it although that could be a false assumption. He has poor armor penetration. From the damage he's taking from the Paladin at the start, he seems to be low on damage resistance. Black Paladin's damage seems to be mitigated very poorly.

Additionally, we see Templar's Wrath being run over Absolution. Absolution is a 30,000 base absorption field (39,000 at rank 3). Templar's Wrath has to deal 13,000 damage to equal Absolution. This will typically require 3 targets to be superior unless the Paladin is damage oriented. The OP's build is not going to kill anyone. Templar's Wrath becomes less attractive the less importance we place on damage. It can serve a dual purpose if we are intending to deal damage. Otherwise, it becomes significantly less important as to maximize its effectiveness we would need to gear for ArP which is exclusively an offensive stat outside of Templar's Wrath.

If you want to max survival, most of what I've read here and on reddit is simply inaccurate. Stacking defense is critical. I think I have 16,000 defense in PvP. My base resistance is right at 60% if I'm not mistaken. I do not die in 2v1s where I do not lag or make terrible mistakes regardless of my opponents item level or what classes I'm facing. At three people, it normally becomes an issue of knockdown CC effects if they are equal or better geared than I am, but normally, I do not die quickly. It is just that death becomes inevitable. At 4-5 players, I'm virtually always going to die. I can drag it out fairly long depending on how I'm set up at the outset and the level of CC I'm facing. I do not have a Transcendent Elven Battle Enchantment yet. I really want one. However, I do have a mythic Ogham's and Cleansing Touch can effectively counter non-excessive CC when utilized correctly. I prefer Ogham's as there are times where I'm getting hit with a lot of CC and, while I'm in no danger, someone on my team might be. The total CC immunity allows me to get off abilities whenever I need to for the most part. More of interrupt prevention than anything else. That may change with TEB.

Furthermore, I do not understand the builds of many Paladins I see. For example, the OP's build seems counter productive to group PvP. His abilities are primarily focused on self-preservation. He has very limited capability for damage. He has very limited capability to support the rest of the group. While this may be very effective in certain types of PvP such as Capture the Flag or an Arathi Basin type point capture where a player must use an interruptable channel to capture a point, it seems to be a build of questionable value in Control Point style PvP map.