test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dealing with perm immune OP and GF

pzg33pzg33 Member Posts: 121 Arc User
hey coming back after a break from the game. been kinda let down by how op's and GF's are what seems like 95% immune to everythign i do, yet can kill me. any tips on how to fight them?

Comments

• Options
    commanderdata002commanderdata002 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    GF? Blink to its back! His not cc immune if you manage to attack from back side.
    stock and stone I can master, but there's a Wizard to manage here!
  • Options
    angrymanagementangrymanagement Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    GF may be the best PVP class right now top end. They can hit like a freight train (as hard or harder than GWF), and the huge block angle makes getting to their back hard. If they are using target lock, its' about impossible to hit them from behind.
    You can use OF and if they block it, quickly dodge behind them to repel/EF.
    It usually takes a good while to wear them down between all the blocking. Just keep pushing them away with repel when you get the chance, try to dodge all of their encounters especially Anvil of Doom. You can try letting them get close & try to time your dodges with their attacks in order to get a counter attack in, but guard can come back up fast.
    The old method of freezing them through guard no longer works & there is only a small window on their back that is not covered by guard.
    Best option is to get 2 players on opposite sides of the GF. If he blocks one of them the other should be able to hit him from behind....however due to the wide guard angle even if you are both 180% opposite of him doesn't necessarily mean he can't block you both if he is angled right.

OP needs a very heavy dps with piercing damage (wheel of elements), or focused party CC and burst to kill.
    The more enemies around them, the more temp HP they can build.
    Unlike GF, they can not keep their guard up indefinitely, however it has a 360degree coverage.
    If they have their bubble daily up, don't even bother trying to kill them. They have another daily that makes them CC immune, so just dodge/run away/around them till it wears off.
    There are some healing Paladins out there, and they are usually much easier to kill.
    Keep repeling them away from you when they drop their block and try to hold them while they are off point then go for the freeze. They can block it if they have stamina as they slowly run back on point. As a CW you should probably be able to stalemate a similar gear OP, and still get some points in as you continually repel them off the point.
    Dodge their stun encounters. The daily doesn't hit anything like it used to, but still worthy of a dodge.
  • Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    Currently it's a bit of a dilemma, and not much to do against those two except simply admit the reality that the odds are severely pressed against you.

The dilemma is this:

(1) If you have CCs strong enough to drop their shield for a long period of time and decisively gain and advantage, then you don't have the DPS to finish them off.
      (2) If you have DPS strong enough to finish them off through their passive defenses, you don't have the CCs strong enough to drop their shields long enough to deal that DPS.

The best bet is to simply lure them into a numbers advantage for you, with a powerful CC-oriented CW build, and then have other DPS burn it down AQAP. I've seen/participated in both instances, and in my own opinion the CW with CC-focus paired up with some other DPS class, seems to do better than a DPS CW paired up with some other class doing the CCs, because (empirically speaking) the CW with a CC focus can indeed, truly show what "CONTROL" Wizard means in PvP. (yes, it can near-perma stun/hold)

Although, the odds of finding an oddball CW that actually builds and gears for CC would be extremely rare, as I'm probably the only one who regularly PvPs in both domination and GG in that set up.

I's say the odds are probably stacked 3:7 against the CW. The probability of the CW landing its own attacks against the GF is extremely low, when compared to the GF being able to land its own attacks against the CW... and a well built GF does burst damage that easily surpasses the CW.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • Options
    lldtlldt Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    GF? Blink to its back! His not cc immune if you manage to attack from back side.

Yes because they can only face one direction and can't turn around. Oh wait, I thought we were talking about ballistae.
  • Options
    lldt wrote: »
    Yes because they can only face one direction and can't turn around. Oh wait, I thought we were talking about ballistae.

...he should see the reaction times on GF vets like Antmonster, and just how fast he turns his shield around to face an incoming attack.

• Options
    angrymanagementangrymanagement Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    Everyone should realize that target lock & encounter spam macros are part of PVP.
    Ever wonder how those other players hit you with their entire encounter rotation faster than you can press 3 buttons (like a GWF putting out a fatal encounter rotation before you can break out of a Crescendo stun), or how some of those players follow TRs in ways that seem impossible?
  • Options
    Everyone should realize that target lock & encounter spam macros are part of PVP.
    Ever wonder how those other players hit you with their entire encounter rotation faster than you can press 3 buttons (like a GWF putting out a fatal encounter rotation before you can break out of a Crescendo stun), or how some of those players follow TRs in ways that seem impossible?

Which should be abolished from PvP. When it comes to PvP I'm a holist. Nothing should be auto, there should be no 'assist' features, and everything needs to be manual, no macros, no shortcuts, no padlock(hardlock).

• Options
    legion10398legion10398 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    First of all. GFs are the natural enemy of CWs, with the possible exception of TRs (but mod 6 has favored GFs enough to bring them back). Simply, of they are skillful and well-geared, you almost never will defeat them. That's okay. That said, a MoF Oppressor with spell twisting can actually control enough to defeat them over time. However, if they use transcendent elven battle, they won't lose so much damage resistance that you can dps them down, and you won't control them as well. The thing is, so few people play ultra-CC CW that I have no idea who would win that. Would Icy Veins and probably a 50% control bonus be enough? Or would the elven battle plus block be enough? That question has yet to be answered.
  • Options
    First of all. GFs are the natural enemy of CWs, with the possible exception of TRs (but mod 6 has favored GFs enough to bring them back). Simply, of they are skillful and well-geared, you almost never will defeat them. That's okay. That said, a MoF Oppressor with spell twisting can actually control enough to defeat them over time. However, if they use transcendent elven battle, they won't lose so much damage resistance that you can dps them down, and you won't control them as well. The thing is, so few people play ultra-CC CW that I have no idea who would win that. Would Icy Veins and probably a 50% control bonus be enough? Or would the elven battle plus block be enough? That question has yet to be answered.

Friend, against T.Elven Battle there is no "CC." Crowd Control becomes effectively dead the moment you meet someone with TEB.

Assuming similar gear levels my CC-focused Oppressor build can almost always dominate Spellstorm/Rene/Thaum DPS CWs, unless I meet someone of the most powerful CW players in game with average +800~1,500 IL above mine. Of course the fight itself is much closer in actuality, in that the perma-CC from Oppressors isn't as systematically perfectly inescapable like trapper HRs root+dazes, so usually it's a fight between long conrols and frequent attacks from me vs. short opportunities and very high damage from the opponent, which is more even than it looks.

Now, assume the SS CW that is similar to my own skill/gear level, this time, chooses to equip himself with TEB instead of Negation. What happens is that a CC-heavy tactic is simply rendered useless the moment TEB enters the scene, and it's simply a one-sided beatdown from a CW that is not only superior in damage, but also superior in defense due to the fact none of my major offense -- CCs -- ever work again.

TEB's simply a broken, broken enchantment.
  • Options
    legion10398legion10398 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    kweassa wrote: »

Friend, against T.Elven Battle there is no "CC." Crowd Control becomes effectively dead the moment you meet someone with TEB.

Assuming similar gear levels my CC-focused Oppressor build can almost always dominate Spellstorm/Rene/Thaum DPS CWs, unless I meet someone of the most powerful CW players in game with average +800~1,500 IL above mine. Of course the fight itself is much closer in actuality, in that the perma-CC from Oppressors isn't as systematically perfectly inescapable like trapper HRs root+dazes, so usually it's a fight between long conrols and frequent attacks from me vs. short opportunities and very high damage from the opponent, which is more even than it looks.

Now, assume the SS CW that is similar to my own skill/gear level, this time, chooses to equip himself with TEB instead of Negation. What happens is that a CC-heavy tactic is simply rendered useless the moment TEB enters the scene, and it's simply a one-sided beatdown from a CW that is not only superior in damage, but also superior in defense due to the fact none of my major offense -- CCs -- ever work again.

TEB's simply a broken, broken enchantment.

True. But I'm okay with it. Because CW is still balanced because they are so good, they force people to equip TEB, which in turn leaves them vulnerable to other classes, which gives you a high chance of winning.
  • Options
    ucanthandleucanthandle Member Posts: 211 Arc User

True. But I'm okay with it. Because CW is still balanced because they are so good, they force people to equip TEB, which in turn leaves them vulnerable to other classes, which gives you a high chance of winning.

Except that no cc vs a healer/tank type makes them almost immortal. This should not even be in the game. If they believe there is too much cc in the game, which at times I believe there is, they should lower the duration across the board slightly. Then lower this enchantment to something like 30%. Then for cc builds increase the duration of cc against players by whatever the base reduction you gave to everyone. This would make pure dps builds have much less cc, and cc builds actually still have cc. To me there is still to much of "my class needs everything." A build should have dps, or be tanky, or be a healer, or have cc, or maybe even 2 of those. But no class should have it all.