test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Death Slaad Active bonus is ridiculously overpowered

iamannoyingdeviliamannoyingdevil Member Posts: 336 Arc User
The Death Slaad's active bonus is way way overpowered and needs to be brought in line with other companions who have poison active bonuses , the video pretty much says everything but here is the opinion of one of the top BiS guys who posted the video -
According to my tests (GWF): The “Poisonous intent” have a DPS loop, the damage is always between 1700 and 2200 per second. It can stack up to x5 which means that if 1 stack does 2000 per second then 5 stacks will do 2000 each one per second (or in other words a total of 10k per second). It lasts for about 3 minutes with 5 stacks if it’s not refreshed. It is not affected by buffs/debuffs. I soloed a few HE for 10+ in iwd dale and it was around 12%-15% of my total damage. However, I don’t expect it to be that much in a dungeon because everything usually dies fast and there will be not enough time to add 5 stacks in an enemy except on bosses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x2VdLGZ3GE

Comments

• drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    BROKEN AS HELL...
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    Yikes! Sending this to the devs right away.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    Yikes! Sending this to the devs right away.

graalx3 already mentioned there will be a nerf/fix incoming.
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    Yup. You're correct.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    Me and a few guildies have done testing - with stats from ACT after an etos run, the Poison came to be 2% of my total damage. 2%... The video makes it look over the top, however all the testing in game we have done on runs and on the target dummys have us not so excited.
  • odd111outodd111out Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    Yeah seriously, you can stack the damage only to crazy levels if you stop attacking and run around (and can survive), doing nothing while it ticks. It is far far FAR less DPS than the Lost set. It is higher than the Black Ice, but that is really because that set needs to be brought in line with the current Mod. Seriously, in eCC and eTOS runs, it's less damage than my Epic Cambus Mage (10%) crit severity. That it can chain for minutes on end is likely not WAI, but in dungeon runs it doesn't really matter as the encounter does not or should not last that long.
  • rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    Nope nope nope. (Hi sorce :D)

It's not OP, all it needs is a tonedown on tick duration (instead of like 2 minutes, make it 30 seconds), but overall?

Aofs7CA.jpg

1 - 2% of total dps, not more. This is an eTOS run with a blue Slaad. Can be more on high HP mobs (like large IWD HE's), but seriously, stop making an elephant out of an ant.
  • martanis117martanis117 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    Keep in mind too that it was a critical hit as well. All you need to do is lower the duration.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    rinat114 wrote: »
    Nope nope nope. (Hi sorce :D)

It's not OP, all it needs is a tonedown on tick duration (instead of like 2 minutes, make it 30 seconds), but overall?

Aofs7CA.jpg

1 - 2% of total dps, not more. This is an eTOS run with a blue Slaad. Can be more on high HP mobs (like large IWD HE's), but seriously, stop making an elephant out of an ant.

Thanks for posting this. I agree with you in that it just needs to not tick for as long. It doesn't do very much damage for tick, it just ticks too long.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png