test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

40k+ Dragon Eggs!? ROFL I'm out!

vdeekvvdeekv Member Posts: 77 Arc User
I'm fortunate enough to have accumulated a set of mithral tools and GM workers for my lvl 20 professions and have had a modest income from the gemmed shirts/pants etc.

Now dragon eggs have gone over 40k and continue to rise I'm hanging up my tools till the new lockboxes get here. The market should be flooded again then from all the special professions packs that'll be opened.

Each job uses one dragon egg + donor item and a few residuum. The gemmed gear is from rare jobs, so you have to keep checking/refreshing your professions to get the right job. The job takes 12 hours (with GM worker) and has a 60% chance to yield a 'great success' (using mithral tools) which results in a socketed item. It used to be that the numerous failures ie. purple shirt/pants without a socket, would at least sell at a sufficient price to cover the cost of the egg, not so anymore.

You'd think that the market would 'self adjust' to compensate for the increased resource cost, but prices continue to fall, it's been buoyed slightly by the sudden influx of astral from double rough diamonds but no doubt it'll be plummeting again next week.

I'm all for a competitive market place, but the sellers most aggressively undercutting each other (and often themselves when listing multiple items!?) to literally make a sale at any cost, ensure prices will continue to fall... Apparently if you're so obsessed with a bodily function that you need to mention it in your character name your maths is not so good.

I'm by no means discouraging anyone from levelling professions or saying there's no profit in it. Just do look at your market/costs and evaluate whether your anticipated return is realistic/worthwhile. And think twice before paying the current market price for dragon eggs, IMO it's unsustainable.
Post edited by vdeekv on

Comments

• zacoria1405zacoria1405 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    Yes, people selling epic pants/shirts for 20k when they cost about 40k to make plus at least 12 hours is ridiculous. Take of the 10% commission and they're losing 22k per pair. Not much point in it really is there.
  • wanderingkyngwanderingkyng Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Don't worry about it too much the market will self-correct. Where you're mistaken is in assuming your profit margins will remain the same. As more people max out their professions there are more people trying to make a profit selling the gemmed clothes, resulting in shrinking margins due to competition. The profit is probably still there, it's just perhaps too small to be worthwhile for you. If it reaches a point where the value of materials is greater than the value of the finished product people will, like you, hang up their tools, which will result in the cost of dragon eggs decreasing, or more likely in the value of gemmed clothes increasing. I'd just keep watching the markets and doing the smart thing and waiting on your profit margin to return to a rate you find acceptable.
  • shadowfire187shadowfire187 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    The maket being flooded with double ad while people still want to believe that 1000ad = 1g is a big part of the problem. When you infuse a currency intoan economy, it loses value. Ask Wall Street.
  • dunaughtdunaught Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Buy the under priced items and sell them for a profit with still being under market. Buy at 20k, sell for 30k.
  • curygreenleaf69curygreenleaf69 Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    These "under priced" shirt/pants for 20-30 k that you are speaking of are "failed" they don't have the gem slot, that is why they are being dumped at below cost... nobody wants them.
  • tranan25tranan25 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Yes we know they are "fails" but if they dont cover the price of one egg then the slotted ones need to pay for two egg and 24h (2 Jobs with GM) work invested.
    So if the "fails" go for 20k and the slotted ones go for 60-70k that means an avarage of 80-90k for two jobs(at 60% not quite right i know). That means that you at best get a 10k return after covering the cost of the eggs. Then draw the cost of the shirt you use as material and your in for a hit.