test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Research Recovery in Thay NW-DTZNXSOBJ

melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Foundry Quest Database
Hey everyone-
I finally finished up my Thayan foundry after about a year of puttering around with it. I think I got most of the errors but I am sure I missed some. If you let me know what I need to/should change I’d appreciate it.

As usual I try to let the players figure out what to do instead of leading them with very specific directions. If anything’s too vague I’ll see if I can add a hint or two.

Here’s the flavor text:

Research Recovery in Thay NW-DTZNXSOBJ

The Sword Coast Academicals are looking for mercenary men and women who are willing to travel deep into enemy territory to recover important documents. Interested individuals should report to the Academic Commons on Fiddler’s Path by the Sleeping Dragon Gate.

OOC: A story driven quest that offers player choice and LOTS of lore and information about the Forgotten Realms.

Thanks!
@DoctorBadger
Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
(Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ

Comments

• Options
    I added another objective on the Bezantur map to help guide players to the NPC they should be talking to. One of my guildmates missed him and ended up fighting the entire city.

Granted, if you feel like fighting the entire city you can, but I would like players to have the choice.
  • Options
    valcontar73valcontar73 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'll take a look as soon as possible.

Having a problem with this teleporter, instead of get me in the inn, it keeps send me behind the door, and falling down the map:

UsnlVrb.jpg

That is the only "bug" I found, the quest in general is really good, ambience, details, etc... I really liked.
    Post edited by valcontar73 on
    NWS-DLXTNXRF2 - Angeline von Stein
    NWS-DOVA9JIJV - The Lost Seneschal
    NW-DT3221YUY - The Wildcross Bride

Foundry Grand Master.
  • Options
    Are you trying to go back through the teleporter to the tavern or is it also causing problems when you leave the tavern?
  • Options
    valcontar73valcontar73 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    No, only when I try to go back to the tavern, I thought I missed something there, that's why I tried to go back.
    NWS-DLXTNXRF2 - Angeline von Stein
    NWS-DOVA9JIJV - The Lost Seneschal
    NW-DT3221YUY - The Wildcross Bride

Foundry Grand Master.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    OK. I originally had teleporter further away from the interior door and I thought "Someone will complain this isn't the 'door'". So I could also move the end point up so you can't go back, like how I have the teleport spell set up.

Oh, for one way teleporters.....
  • Options
    I moved the teleporter. If anyone continues to have any trouble please let me know.

Thanks for getting this one off the Review tab!
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    melinden wrote: »
    Oh, for one way teleporters.....

We have one-way invisible wall you might use -- I'm using one in Rise of Ingeloakastimizilian [NW-DHHD2GTGJ] at the final battle chamber to prevent pulling mobs back down tunnel chokepoint.

You could also have a Marker Reached and spawn another door or wall just past the teleporter.
    ​​