test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are Tyranny of Dragons' Quests bugged?

ZooidinZooidin Member Posts: 29 Arc User
edited June 2015 in PvE Discussion
I'm trying to get the last bonuses and quests like, mithral mine, ancient treasures and other does not appear. How can I fix this?
Post edited by zebular on

Answers

• lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    Are you speaking to the proper NPC after accepting Common Cause?
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • ZooidinZooidin Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    You get common cause and, for instance, the quest asks you to go to icepeak and do mithral cave and 2 other quests. Mitrhal cave isn't available and I can't complete the quest...
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    The quest will be available in a day or two....just keep checking. This usually happens if you don't finish the quest on the same day as excepted. Luckily they are all repeater quests. :#
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Zooidin wrote: »
    You get common cause and, for instance, the quest asks you to go to icepeak and do mithral cave and 2 other quests. Mitrhal cave isn't available and I can't complete the quest...

Have you spoken to Fitzhugh Montgomery? Bear in mind that the quests for the instanced portions of Common Cause (the portions that require you to enter an instance such as Ancient Barrows, Mithral Mine, etc.) are NOT obtained in the same zone as the instance. They are obtained by speaking to the proper NPC in Protectors Enclave, which is revealed with a ? over their head upon accepting Common Cause.

ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
    I know, I don't get the quest... that's it. A friend experienced the same and told me to look for a group. I don't think i'm doing nothing wrong, its intuitive, and I've done those a lot of times... I'll keep looking
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    First make sure that you don't have any old Common Cause quests from previous days. Then accept today's Common Cause quest from Harper Broward.

Look at where she is sending you, then talk to the proper person standing near her -- Broward again for Neverdeath (Ghost Stories), Preceptor Theraclast for Ebon Downs (Barrow Demolition), Fitzhugh Montgomery for Icespire (A Miner Problem), Delrin Bass for Rothe Valley (Forged in Fire), or Shay Cutter for Whispering Caverns (Ancient Treasures).

They may not have a question mark over their heads, since the quest is flagged as level 60, but if you talk to the proper person you should get the lair quest.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    Common Cause still broken, should have that retired or rebuilt.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User

...IIRC you must be Level 70 for the lairs. Might that be the issue?

Also: Cancel Common Cause from Quest Log ( [J] ) and pick it up anew. 80% chance it's referring you to a different location, which might or might not be an effective workaround. You'll have to wait for the next day to get a fresh "Kill Cultists" etc., though.
  • leeksieleeksie Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    First make sure that you don't have any old Common Cause quests from previous days. Then accept today's Common Cause quest from Harper Broward.

Look at where she is sending you, then talk to the proper person standing near her -- Broward again for Neverdeath (Ghost Stories), Preceptor Theraclast for Ebon Downs (Barrow Demolition), Fitzhugh Montgomery for Icespire (A Miner Problem), Delrin Bass for Rothe Valley (Forged in Fire), or Shay Cutter for Whispering Caverns (Ancient Treasures).

They may not have a question mark over their heads, since the quest is flagged as level 60, but if you talk to the proper person you should get the lair quest.

Lewstelamon01 and Darkstarcrash have your answer on this one. For whatever reason, the Common Cause lair quest givers do not get a symbol above their heads anymore, but if you speak with the right person you can still get the lair quest. You will need to talk to them and then get past the first screen (where they 'welcome' you) and the lair quest should be available.

I assume that the quests are still flagged as L60, but you are now often L70 they don't register. You get the same issue if you go to any area that you have over-levelled: The quests are there to collect, but you won't get the prompt.

If you don't speak with the right person in PE you won't be able to enter the lair unless you party up with someone who has the quest, and you won't get to open the chest at the end.

Also as others have mentioned, it's work making sure you don't have an older version of the Common Cause quest. But even if you do, you can just talk to THAT person and go run the lair.

It's a simple enough thing to do, you needed to talk to them anyway to get the quest, it's just the game isn't prompting you with a big shiny symbol.

Enjoy grinding out those last boons. At least the books are a bit easier to come by nowadays!
    Masashi - TR (Wisperknife / Executioner)
    Militides Hammerfist - GWF (Swordmaster / Destroyer)
    Apollo Deadeye - HR (Pathfinder / Archer)
    Percival Steadfast - GF (Swordmaster / Tactician)
    Shal Magmastrike - CW (Master of the Flame / Thaumaturge)
    Salazar the Damned - SW (Hellbringer / Fury)
    Tarl Tyrswrath - DC (Divine Oracle / Righteous)
    Sontag Tyrshand - OP (Devotion / Justice)
    problem is, when i see Broward, and get Common Cause, and i dont see next person near her has "?" lid up, like it if doesnt exist.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,383 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Have you spoken to Fitzhugh Montgomery? Bear in mind that the quests for the instanced portions of Common Cause (the portions that require you to enter an instance such as Ancient Barrows, Mithral Mine, etc.) are NOT obtained in the same zone as the instance. They are obtained by speaking to the proper NPC in Protectors Enclave, which is revealed with a ? over their head upon accepting Common Cause.

Actually, the "?" does not appear if you are in higher level such as level 70. You need to talk to the guy even though there is no "?" over the head. If in doubt, talk to everyone in that PE area regardless if there is "?" or not.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    i keep getting "All Quiet" responds.
    Well, thanks a lot!

I've talked with the npcs and the quest was just there. I coincidently talked to the guys that didn't give me the right quest and that never showed up. Now everything is ok. Thank you all.