test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So how about that Zen to AD ratio

bkthomsonbkthomson Member Posts: 217 Arc User
It has been an interesting week I've been watching the steady climb of the amount of AD for Zen. At least check it was 223 AD per 100 Zen. I understand the economics why, but just wondering, even though X-Box has had only be around for a few months, are we getting to a typical rate of exchange or is this a bad time to buy zen.

I just made 60 and I was going to pick up some zen through AD but now wondering if buying some Zen through Live is a better deal.

Comments

• bmeanbmean Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    It's just going to keep rising, buy now while it's cheap.
  • bkthomsonbkthomson Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    bmean wrote: »
    It's just going to keep rising, buy now while it's cheap.
    I remember when it was 176 to 100. Good times. Wonder when the Great Depression module comes out.
  • worriedmammal8worriedmammal8 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    I'd buy now. I bought at 200 with everything I had. The double astrals for a week is going to drive it up while people buy like crazy with all the extra AD. Also good time to sell stuff on AH if you have it as people will have more AD to spend. I just hope it goes back down after. Is hate to see the exchange rate hit 500 before the first year is out.
    Yeah, I think I will do a big push soon with all my ad.
    Saw it up to 237 this evening.
  • sarchitectsarchitect Member Posts: 1
    I woudn't bother with buying Zen at this point. At the start of Neverwinter for Xbox it was at 500 AD/Zen, and went down very fast to +- 100 - 150 in its first 2 weeks. There it remained for almost the complete lifetime of NWXbox. Until the end of last week / beginning of this week.

This is speculative, and most of you will know, but due to the fact that the enchanted keys are on promotion people are buying AD (and keys) en masse. Combined with the soon to be launched Rise of Tiamat, which (probably) brings more gamers to discover Neverwinter for the first time, and more buyers of Zen.

More demand, higher prices.

I could be wrong, but I'm guessing that after the promotion ends, AD/Zen prices will tumble. So when it does, start selling :)

On PC there are a lot of people who buy Zen before each event at a low price, and sell them afterwards at a much higher price. So it's a well known phenomenon there.

However, due its age, only +- 3 months, it's hard to predict. There is a possibility that a lot more users have been drawn to NWXbox, and that the AD/Zen price will stabilize at 250 (or higher).

As a comparison, I know that before all the AH problems on NWPC, the price was stable somewhere between 300 - 400 AD/Zen, but this is from information I gathered on NWPC forums. But, like I said, much more players on PC.

I know that I'll just wait and see. Not worth the gamble at this point. Since it's the first 'keys promotion' that I know of on NWXbox, it's useful information for the next time it happens.
    That makes sense. It has been interesting to watch I almost would like to see a Zen to AD ticker scrolling by giving the results.
  • zizoomzizoom Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    When more AD is circulating in the game, Zen price will climb and everything in the game will be more expensive.
    Inflation it's called.
    zizoom wrote: »
    When more AD is circulating in the game, Zen price will climb and everything in the game will be more expensive.
    Inflation it's called.

Oh, I get the whole inflation part, Economics 101, has not escaped me.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    jdnutz wrote: »
    when this game was first out the AD - zen trade took some intelligences to work out, not many people knew how to use it,.......................after the first patch they made it so the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> knew what was going on, now they just have to put how much zen they want, since then the price has gone up and up.

Um?
    The way the Zen Exchange is the same as in the PC Version which is the same as Star Trek Online.

People may have learned how to use the system over time but it hasn't been given an easy button.
  • twiggleberrytwiggleberry Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    I suspect that Cryptic has done this intentionally. They are reaping literally thousands of dollars an hour from people. They have purposely inflated the AD value, knowing people are using the trade market's inflated prices. thier coin prices is one thing, but they have inflated the AD value so much, that you cannot earn/refine enough in a day to value $1 . So they know you will spend that $1 on their exchange. In the short term, it stays with the players, but in the long term, it will deflate, so basically Cryptic is selling the equivalent of junk bonds and penny stocks right now that will crash before long.

The fact they just confirmed they are keeping the boot & loot system in place, only allows for it to be exploited even more.
  • cybergutscyberguts Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    I hope it continues to rise, as I invested 500k AD into Zen and now I'm just waiting for it to hit the 350 AD/Zen figure to more than double my investment :smiley:
    And the rate I see it, once Tiamat hits it should shoot up near the 400 AD/Zen mark as that's when people will want Zen to purchase refinement stones and AD for the Greater Marks to get their Artifact gear to Legendary
    Erdan Darksbane - Lvl 60 Soulbinder Fury SW
    BamBam - Lvl 30 GWF
    Trevok - Lvl 30 GF
    Wil - Lvl 25 TR (PvP)
  • ancojoancojo Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    I invested a bit into Zen over the past few weeks accumulating 7400 so bought 5 keys for the Tuern boxes (Only use if theres something worthwhile) and was about to buy the polar bear mount but waited to see what offers this week brought and boom 35% discount, I'm now the proud owner of Polo the killer polar bear! Ok It doesn't kill anything but still looks mint!

Now debating on if I should get the ioun stone of allure for my HR, not sure of its the right stone to get and what enchants to add to it so any help would be good!

I've nearly 250,000 Ad built up ready to switch to Zen if it drops a bit lower at the end of this week.
    I've been thinking about buying some zen I've put a 125 hours into a free game and I feel, not obligated, to put some real cash into the game that I've enjoyed so much. It just a matter of when and how.
  • b0redgamerb0redgamer Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    bkthomson wrote: »
    I've been thinking about buying some zen I've put a 125 hours into a free game and I feel, not obligated, to put some real cash into the game that I've enjoyed so much. It just a matter of when and how.

It is good thing to support a game you enjoy.
    Signature under construction, stay tuned.
    GT: b0red gamer
  • vdeekvvdeekv Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    ancojo wrote: »

Now debating on if I should get the ioun stone of allure for my HR, not sure of its the right stone to get and what enchants to add to it so any help would be good!

I've got the stone of allure on both my mains and highly recommend augment companions for end game. The great bit about the allure stone is it's blue quality on purchase.

Ultimately I can see myself switching to the stone of radiance instead though. Purely because the stone of radiance can equip two rings and a belt, as opposed to the allure which has two rings and an icon. Two rings and a belt means being able to equip three personalised items from jewelcrafting, each having two enchantment slots which equals better stat boost.

Unfortunately the stone of radiance is green on purchase so will need upgrading to at least blue to yield the best stat boost, which is very costly, 500000ad to go green to blue iirc :neutral:
  • strictlyevilstrictlyevil Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    I've got my radiance just as a filler till the black dragon stone drops. Those 3 ring slots look nice.
    Ancient 18.8k CW | Ancient Heals 18k DC | Ancient Tank 22.2k GF | GT: XGC Army
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • vdeekvvdeekv Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    I've got my radiance just as a filler till the black dragon stone drops. Those 3 ring slots look nice.

Hadn't heard of it before so Just had a look at the black dragon stone on the wiki, yeah that one looks sweet :)
  • cybergutscyberguts Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    I got the Allure myself, be now realising the Radiance (which isn't on the Zen Marketplace anymore :/ ) would have been the better choice is vdeekv stated... And I refuse to pay over market value for is on the AH
    Erdan Darksbane - Lvl 60 Soulbinder Fury SW
    BamBam - Lvl 30 GWF
    Trevok - Lvl 30 GF
    Wil - Lvl 25 TR (PvP)