NOTICE: Read the Forum Rules and check for Known Issues before posting!

test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Quickplay not providing "additional rewards"

Comments

• Options
    kirei#4282 kirei Posts: 4

Just to add to post count: no rewards for the 4th day in a row.

• Options
    nath#9170 nath Posts: 233
    edited May 2021

The other day I decided to try it again, and queued for quickplay twice. I didn't get rewards for either one, which brings me to a score of 0/4. 😔

@higurewindstill#9502 The first two times I tried before this were ordeals, so I also thought that might be a factor, but then one of these last two was Rise of the Cabal, so there goes that theory. 😅

• Options
    thuleluruinthuleluruin Posts: 6

I'm having this issue now as well. First few days were largely OK - everything worked fine except for 1 run where I didn't get rewards.

Last night, I did 4 quickplay runs, none of which gave me rewards, so I gave up for the day. Today another two - still no rewards.

• Options
    kaltzephyrkaltzephyr Posts: 1

Did two Ordeals, no rewards. Did a Story Mission, rewards first try. Seems it's just the Ordeals that are bugged.

The real problem is that, from my experience, Quickplay chooses Ordeal like 90% of the time...lots of people will end up Abandoned in Ordeals. :P

• Options
    edited May 2021

Sigh, for a moment I thought there could be a way to make sure we received the reward... A friend of mine also did a story mission and nothing, but then repeated with another story mission and did receive them. Also, when receiving the rewards you don't always get a notification. In my case every time the orange icon dissapeared I did receive everything, but having a pop up would be nice.

I will continue to experiment, to see if we can find the problem.

• Options
    s1m0ne#8825 s1m0ne Posts: 56

Not the case. Have gotten the reward for ordeals many times.

• Options

Thanks for the feedback. I hope they do something about this, the only reason I have to do quickplay is getting the rewards, but going into it without knowing if I will get them or not... Quite frustrating.

• Options

When I selected quickplay first it had the layout of the Benalia region. No rewards. When I selected the quickplay, exited the menu and then went back in to it the daily rewards dropped.

• Options

Ordeals and story mission work with this for me. Controller interface.

• Options
    slashhacker01slashhacker01 Posts: 1
    edited May 2021

Came here to post same complaint as everyone else. The first couple days was hit or miss on whether or not I would get the reward. Could take 1 or 3 attempts to get it. As of Thursday 5/27 and Today 5/28 I have not been able to get my reward no matter how many attempts. HOWEVER in my rewards for QUICKPLAY I do notice there is an empty square with a +1 that says "[Quickplay Counter]". Not sure if that helps in locating the bug but I believe that is not an actual reward.

• Options
    winter#5492 winter Posts: 105

I have done multiple quickplays every single day since this began. I have tried on every difficulty setting. I have done ordeals and story missions, both, every single day.

I have not once received the bonus rewards. Literally not one time. I have done quickplay over 30 times overall so far, all the days combined.

• Options
    crimson#2698 crimson Posts: 7
    edited May 2021

Same thing here.

Tried it multiple times for 3 days now, both story missions and ordeals (normal and hard difficulties).

Nothing so far..

I did get rewards for the first 3 or so days of the quick-play feature but for the last 3 days I've received nothing.

• Options

Doubt it. That appears to be a simple counter they increment after your first play of the day to prevent you from getting the extra reward more than once a day, they simply forgot to hide it on the interface.

• Options
    winter#5492 winter Posts: 105

I must say I am pretty damned annoyed that they rushed to fix things about the quickplay that would potentially benefit players in an unintended way, but did NOT fix this biggest issue which is HARMING players.

From patch notes:

• Quick Play:
      • Quickplay Rewards no longer scale with difficulty.
      • Resolved an issue where Planeswalkers could change their class to a lower level and accept an Expert+ Queue

In other words, you cannot get better rewards by doing harder difficulty any longer, you cannot sneak into a higher difficulty with a lower class and level it up on the harder difficulties any longer, but you will still be denied the rewards most times you play because THAT wasn't a priority to fix.

• Options
    skyeborneskyeborne Posts: 244 Moderator

Try this workaround if you're still having issues with QP Rewards:

1. Choose a Region, such as Benalia, on Guide
    2. Change the difficulty to the difficulty you wish and then select Queue Type as "Public" (You do not have to click play mission here!)
    3. Go back to Quick Play on the Guide and click Play Mission.
  • Options
    edited May 2021

I tried this, and the prompt when the match was found was different (it actually told me which mission it was), so it was looking good.

I still didn't get any rewards, though. 😔

UPDATE: I tried a second time today, and didn't get the special prompt that told me which mission it was, but I actually did get the rewards for the first time! I guess 6th time's the charm.

FYI, both attempts today were ordeals.

Post edited by nath#9170 on
  • Options
    thuleluruinthuleluruin Posts: 6

This did not work for me after 2 attempts. Third day in a row, zero rewards from my last 8 attempts, and I'm wasting time on this when I suppose I should be grinding planar and chromatic mana in other ways.

• Options
    dreaddy4dreaddy4 Posts: 7
    edited May 2021

Tried the workaround once, but didn't work.

Then I switched to a level 30 char (mindmage), difficulty to master and tried it again. This time it worked for the first time ever. Maybe this does the trick.

• Options
    beleren#8232 beleren Posts: 66

This is beyond frustrating at this point. It's been, what 2 weeks, since this feature launched and it's still not working as intended. At this point it feels like a trap. If it's broken just disable it so people don't waste their time.

• Options
    sneaker42sneaker42 Posts: 86

Tried the workaround as described here, but didn't work. Tried twice with same outcome.

Will you acknowledge, that this is a major bug?

• Options
    lazarus#5519 lazarus Posts: 29
    edited May 2021

Not sure whether someone already mentioned it here but for me worked following workaround: Don't do the Latent Shadows daily mission/quest before you have done the Quickplay daily mission first. During the last 3 days this worked fine for me. If I do the Quickplay mission before the Latent Shadow event one, I always received the daily reward for both of them constantly if done in this "correct" order.

• Options

tried this today, and it seems to have worked 😮

not sure if this was the reason or if it was just a coincidence, but I'll keep trying it to see how it goes

• Options

Ok, well... I guess it was a coincidence. Did quickplay first thing, today. Didn't get the rewards.

None of the given theories have been enough to work around this, unfortunately. I guess it's not worth trying until it's actually fixed.

• Options

Last three days I tried both @skyeborne and @lazarus#5519 workarounds and got the rewards at the first try. I hope they keep working, at least until they finally fix whatever is going wrong with it.

• Options

As long as it has public highlighted and the quickplay too. It all proves true and the system says gimme. The overlay of the guide or some jazz is does it in for me.

• Options
    jackofshadowsjackofshadows Posts: 17

I am getting rewards, usually I have to play the event 2-3 times daily.

• Options

PRO TIP: When using the workaround that involves setting the queue to Public via another region, make sure to do this for both Story Missions and Ordeals, as those seem to be remembered separately.

I don't know 100% that this will help, but it can't hurt.

• Options
    edited June 2021

workarounds mentioned work

Post edited by lustrouseudemon#9917 on
  • Options

OK so after 3 days of consecutive success, I'm pretty confident in saying that the workaround works, as long as you make sure the queue type is set to public for both story missions and ordeals. Gotta set each separately, since you don't know which you're gonna get.

Why are they even remembered separately, though? Seems weird.