edited May 2015
    Fast forward to today:

he_man_rio_blast_b.jpg
    latest?cb=20100215235536

That's a pretty big improvement.
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Your Angry Birds Prime has activated my Shape Shifter Punisher trap card.

shape-shifter-punisher.jpg

His name has never made more sense than now
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    jennymachx wrote: »
    Fast forward to today:

he_man_rio_blast_b.jpg
    How does he reload the revolver cylinder?
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    xydaxydaxydaxyda Posts: 817 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Not easily. That is why the newest version of the figure when back to using the double palm blasters.
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I find it interesting they are still going back to Miller's looks for the Batman area, such as well, Batman, and now The Joker. Of course, the opposite spectrum, they keep going back to Jeanette from Vampire - Bloodlines for Harley's current look and iteration.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Your Angry Birds Prime has activated my Shape Shifter Punisher trap card.

shape-shifter-punisher.jpg

Is this real life?
  • Options
    baelogventurebaelogventure Posts: 520 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    1: That Punisher toy is indeed a real thing, but it's supposed to fully transform into a gun, but the final image still doesn't look any better.

2:Yes, it was readily apparent that someone in charge of Harley's character design played VTM:Bloodlines, and went "OOOOO I WANT HARLEY LIKE THAT" (Just imagine JonTron saying this, it makes it hilarious) when they met Jeanette Voerman.

3:The Suicide Squad movie is still going to suck.
  • Options
    logandarklighterlogandarklighter Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Guardians of the Galaxy was by far the biggest FU to DC Comics.

Oh you had to cancel your Wonder Wonman TV Show? Well...we are releasing a movie with a tree.

And a talking Raccoon.

Also - this -

MfoH1Lw.png
  • Options
    joybuzzerxjoybuzzerx Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Maybe he went out of the way, because people had to complain about Man of Steel :p Rocket also had lots of people doing what he said.

Though, I'm starting to think even if DC released a WW movie, it would suck. :p
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    On the other hand - DC is absolutely NAILING it with their TV series. Big fan of Arrow and Flash. Looking forward to Supergirl. (Haven't had a chance to check out Gotham at all, so can't say anything about that one.)
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    On the other hand - DC is absolutely NAILING it with their TV series. Big fan of Arrow and Flash. Looking forward to Supergirl. (Haven't had a chance to check out Gotham at all, so can't say anything about that one.)

I havent been able to get into Arrow, but watched the first episode of The Flash and I want to watch more!

Gotham is good and I hope for Supergirl (it's on CBS, so I have hope for it).
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    joybuzzerx wrote: »
    I havent been able to get into Arrow, but watched the first episode of The Flash and I want to watch more!

Arrow's alright, if you don't mind the fact that every DC character now is pretty much Batman in every conceivable way. Yea, even Supergirl is going to end up being Batman.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Yeah man, Arrow is soooo awesome with Oliver flippin' Queen being a stone-cold killer, instead of the lighthearted Robin Hood expy he's supposed to be.

THE MAN HAS A BOXING GLOVE TRICK ARROW FOR F**KS SAKE

Just face it, DC Comics is perpetually stuck in their super grimdark of blackness for no good reason.

Next thing we'll have a Blue and Gold movie with Blue Beetle and Booster Gold, but this one will be a cyberpunk thriller/drama that makes Blade Runner look optimistic.
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited May 2015
    DC needs to stop with their Frank Miller's-tinted Bat Family fetish. They're running good characters into ground for no reason and with no variety.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Well then you'll be happy to know that Flash is NOT grimdark at all.

And even the Arrow team, when they've had crossover episodes, seems a bit more light-hearted when they visit Central City.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20PefYLWwhs

Flash even brings a bit of the cheer with him when he visits Arrow's town.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=314MunZSpRc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QzcIqtuTXU
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Gotham is an oddly good cop show, really sucky comic book show. If you sit down expecting a cop show it wont disappoint . Hell of a lot of serial killers in that town ._."

Benjamin McKenzie has nailed the role of Jim Gordon.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Flash is amazing. Definitely watch more of that.

Also, you should check out the trailer for Legends of Tomorrow. It looks so fun.
    Yea, even Supergirl is going to end up being Batman.

I really doubt that. The first episode didn't feel like that at all.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    nepht wrote: »
    Gotham is an oddly good cop show, really sucky comic book show. If you sit down expecting a cop show it wont disappoint . Hell of a lot of serial killers in that town ._."

Benjamin McKenzie has nailed the role of Jim Gordon.

Isn't that what it's really supposed to be? :) Gotham before Batman. The story of Jim Gordon! The only real question I think we have for it, is when does Jim actually get with Barbara?

Bruce is older than 8/9 when his parents died in this show. So, either they need **** and Babs born really soon or they're going to have Bruce be even way older than either of them, than they are in the comics now.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Isn't that what it's really supposed to be? :) Gotham before Batman. The story of Jim Gordon! The only real question I think we have for it, is when does Jim actually get with Barbara?

Bruce is older than 8/9 when his parents died in this show. So, either they need **** and Babs born really soon or they're going to have Bruce be even way older than either of them, than they are in the comics now.

Batman's canon age seems to be context sensitive in the comics. It seems to range from anywhere from 35 to 45 so I think Gotham has a little wriggle room.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Basically, they're setting up the reason why Gotham needs the Batman, why someone like Superman or the Flash would never have been able to do much to clean up the city - they're too nice. Threatening bad guys will only take you so far in that town, unless you're willing to carry through on your threat.

I did really like the episode with the circus - both because it gave us a glimpse of Robin's parents as a young couple, and because we got to see the kid who will, I am convinced, evolve (or devolve?) into the Joker. Kid's got a legitimately creepy grin, too.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Batman's canon age seems to be context sensitive in the comics. It seems to range from anywhere from 35 to 45 so I think Gotham has a little wriggle room.

Oh? I haven't kept up with New 52 DC, but I thought he was supposed to be 30.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    Basically, they're setting up the reason why Gotham needs the Batman, why someone like Superman or the Flash would never have been able to do much to clean up the city - they're too nice. Threatening bad guys will only take you so far in that town, unless you're willing to carry through on your threat.

I did really like the episode with the circus - both because it gave us a glimpse of Robin's parents as a young couple, and because we got to see the kid who will, I am convinced, evolve (or devolve?) into the Joker. Kid's got a legitimately creepy grin, too.

In that episode, didn't they only hint that it might be the Joker? I don't remember them outright saying it, which I thought was a good move.

Though I also like Bruce and Selena knowing each other before they become Batman and Catwoman.
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yeah man, Arrow is soooo awesome with Oliver flippin' Queen being a stone-cold killer, instead of the lighthearted Robin Hood expy he's supposed to be.

THE MAN HAS A BOXING GLOVE TRICK ARROW FOR F**KS SAKE

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Arrow:_The_Longbow_Hunters
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Just because the show was stupid enough to base their Oliver Queen on a one-off in a comic doesn't justify it.

It would be like Superman being Russian in Man of Steel and bending the world to communism because that happened that one time in that one comic.
  • Options
    xydaxydaxydaxyda Posts: 817 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Arrow got a lot better from season two onward in my opinion. When Oliver stopped killing enemies(for the most part) and the show started bringing in more and more elements that made it feel like a superhero show.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    They've actually announced that Arrow is going to take a lighter tone moving forward. So who knows?
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I really doubt that. The first episode didn't feel like that at all.

you must have watched a different Supergirl from me then. Was it the one from the 80s?
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    No, the new one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOAMGpRilnI

If you look hard enough you can find the whole episode.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    xydaxyda wrote: »
    Arrow got a lot better from season two onward in my opinion. When Oliver stopped killing enemies(for the most part) and the show started bringing in more and more elements that made it feel like a superhero show.
    They've actually announced that Arrow is going to take a lighter tone moving forward. So who knows?

Yeah, he's pretty much mellowing out now. Just like what happened after Longbow Hunters, incidentally.