Install Arc
Options

Same Bat Channel, Same Bat Stupid U_U

124»

Comments

• Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    After about three or four years of the original "Law & Order" I got burned out on police procedurals anyway. They're usually poorly written and horribly telegraphed to anyone with any science knowledge (when they don't get the science completely wrong, that is).
    The science on the original NCIS is usually pretty much on, although some of their comp-sci is a little out there. It helps that Pauley Perrette, who plays the forensic scientist Abby Sciuto (pictured above, and day-um!), also has a degree in forensic science and can call bull on some of the stuff the other shows get away with.

Don't watch the spinoff NCIS shows, though - they border on bad sci-fi, almost as much as CSI Miami.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Come on, people! Mark Harmon is a bad **** old geezer. And they got Invisible Man and Steel there too!
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Sad, another smart woman known mostly for their fashion style (and a fictional one, at that). :frown:
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    My mother wouldn't even know how play Call of Duty and she was born in California and grew up in Washington.
  • Options
    xydaxydaxydaxyda Posts: 817 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    To be fair my redneck friends who play CoD do really seem to enjoy NCIS...

I find it pretty cheesy and Abby just seems to try too hard to be adorable and quirky. I blame the writers mostly.

I don't hate it(unlike say...Psych, which said friends also seem to enjoy.) but I wouldn't watch it by myself.
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Psych is hilarious. You might be broken. :P
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    xydaxydaxydaxyda Posts: 817 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    He doesn't need to pretend anything...the guy could be the next Sherlock Holmes!!!!

It is the gimmick that I think is lame.
  • Options
    joybuzzerxjoybuzzerx Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Psych is hilarious. You might be broken. :P

The last season was really weak though.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Isn't that the show with that goth girl in it. I figured you would like that sort of thing. She's neurotic but spunky, just like you!

latest?cb=20130201045930

So every Goth in the universe is to like NCIS because it has a pretend goth. By that logic every goth should like My Chemical Romance as thats a band full of pretend goths >_>"

Also how in the actual *&^% did this become a thread about Pauley Perrette, though to be honest they should have cast her as Harley in the Suicide Squad film rather than that chipmunk they hired <_<

Also BRITISH BATMAN IS REAL!

Arrived-moments-too-late.jpg

There thread back on Batman being stupid.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I don't know. Neither one looks right for Harley imo, but then, the movie could change my mind!
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    nepht wrote: »
    So every Goth in the universe is to like NCIS because it has a pretend goth. By that logic every goth should like My Chemical Romance as thats a band full of pretend goths >_>"

Wait you're a goth? u3u
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Is you a goth if you likes NCIS?
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    joybuzzerx wrote: »
    I don't know. Neither one looks right for Harley imo, but then, the movie could change my mind!
    Pauley's a natural blonde. In fact, she's had to stop dyeing her hair black for the show, because she's developed an allergy to the dye; I understand she puts on a wig these days, but I've been hoping for an ep in which part of the B-plot involves finding out that Abby's a blonde and has to stop dyeing her hair too.

So yeah, I think I could see her as Harley...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    It wasn't because of the blondness of Harley. I just didn't see her as Harley. She just doesn't look the part to me.
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited April 2015
    And since we are at new DC costumes...

New Power Girl's gear and a new Power Girl (not Kara, they made it a legacy name now):

POWER-GIRL.jpg

tumblr_ndtr0fNwvY1smb66mo1_500.jpg

http://www.hitfix.com/news/dcs-new-power-girl-ditches-the-boob-window-looks-amazing

I actually remember this character and her initial storyline. One of the few bright points in this otherwise dull enterprise called New52 World's Finest.
  • Options
    tfavsb10tfavsb10 Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited April 2015

New Power Girl's gar and a new Power Girl (not Kara, they made it a legacy name now):

POWER-GIRL.jpg

tumblr_ndtr0fNwvY1smb66mo1_500.jpg

http://www.hitfix.com/news/dcs-new-power-girl-ditches-the-boob-window-looks-amazing

I actually remember this character and her initial storyline. One of the few bright points in this otherwise dull enterprise called New52 World's Finest.

She looks like a ripoff of bumblebee from Teen Titans/young justiceBumbleBee-teen-titans-vs-young-justice-31080651-220-251.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    tfavsb10 wrote: »
    She looks like a ripoff of bumblebee from Teen Titans/young justiceBumbleBee-teen-titans-vs-young-justice-31080651-220-251.jpg

Which makes one wonder why they didn't call her Bumble Bee and changed Power Girl. All Power Girl had over Bumble Bee was being more popular.
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited April 2015
    Which makes one wonder why they didn't call her Bumble Bee and changed Power Girl. All Power Girl had over Bumble Bee was being more popular.

Pretty sure because they're gearing for a new Power Girl book and want the same title.

Which might be a good thing, but I'm not sure if DC can NOT drop an idiot ball trying to handle a black female character. To put it nicely, considerate writing and editorial policy are not their strongest suit. :X

But hey, at least points for trying.

Or maybe they're jelly of Marvel's new Miss Marvel and want something like that for themselves. Always chasing Marvel, that's what DC usually does, right?

But I dig this costume anyway.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It wasn't because of the blondness of Harley. I just didn't see her as Harley. She just doesn't look the part to me.

Harley isnt really Blonde though she is a natural brunette , she hasnt been blonde in years.

New Power Girl's gear and a new Power Girl (not Kara, they made it a legacy name now):

The new Power Girl's costume works because it is new but also pays homage to the previous Power Girl . She is also not some random they shoved in the part from nowhere ( looking at you new Catwoman ) . They slowly introduced her . They also didnt get rid of the old Power Girl they just sent her back to her universe so theres most likely gonna be stories about the Classic Power Girl and what she gets up to in her own universe.

Sometime they get stuff right most of the time they dont.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!