Options

FC.31.20141212.12/13 PTS Update

2»

Comments

• Options
    soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Suggestion
    Provide other materials options for the Space Scoundrel Pistol.
    I like matte, but many players want metal.
    Dream: add holoforce, glass, and psioholo materials to the pistol.

Imagine a glass or holoforce pistol.

While we are at it, how about we unlock materials for all weapons?
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The trench coat bottom also performs the rubber band dance when fighting in melee.
    It's kinda hilarious, or rather, sadlarious.
    Please fix.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    At one point, on live server, the scoundrel coat tail had stretched twice the length of my character's height.

So much for testing, if the bugs are just going to go live anyway.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    gradii wrote: »
    I have a personal beef with you for calling ME out. back the hell off and there won't be an issue, thanks.

and I'll reiterate, the scoundrel pistol is at least 2 times too large. please make a smaller version.

We could always use a smaller pistol, that much is true.
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I really am contemplating making a thread of everything wrong with these sets. Especially the Mad Scientist.

In my honest opinion the Mad Scientist(which had so much potential) is the worst set to be released.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    A psi-holo pistol - yes, please!!
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Even by looking at the Scoundrel model in RenCen you can see that the scoundrel coat tail is a freaking mess
    I really am contemplating making a thread of everything wrong with these sets. Especially the Mad Scientist.

In my honest opinion the Mad Scientist(which had so much potential) is the worst set to be released.

I Second this

The Science Set is just terrible!
    The Lab Coats have no Textures and Details whatsoever

Seem like the Quality of the Z store costumes have been droppped since the Modern Anime set (whose Vest STILL cannot be coloured in the Pocket area as showed in the Blog pictures)
    not to mention that the Modern Lab Coat looks EXACTLY like one of the available Jackets
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I spend to that Science Costume "Set" as much Zen as i deemed it worth. The free monthly stipend. Should have been half of that...
    Yup.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I must say, I was initially really psyched for the set . . . but then I didn't buy it, and I have a few mad-scientist toons.

The set just isn't so good--lacks the detail and texturing I expect. The male mad scientist hair is more like DBZ anime hair, the coat is too plastic-like. I dunno. Just not special.

P.S. The periodic table tie, however, was a nice touch.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I would prefer it if cryptic spent the month of March releasing nothing at all, just fixing bugs and making quality of life improvements.
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,066 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I would prefer it if cryptic spent the month of March releasing nothing at all, just fixing bugs and making quality of life improvements.

^ This.

I would be very much supportive of this if it were to happen. Multiple players have made threads which have been contributed to by others, detailing and listing bugs in game. It would be nice to start getting a good number of fixed.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    ^ This.

I would be very much supportive of this if it were to happen. Multiple players have made threads which have been contributed to by others, detailing and listing bugs in game. It would be nice to start getting a good number of fixed.

^^That.

I would be very excited to have another bugfix patch, especially if it got rid of a couple well-known, persistent bugs.

• Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,595 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The Mad Scientist Costume is on a level of lockbox quality like Santa or Dinosaur. It shouldn't have been a store set. The quality Space Scoundrel should have been the store set.
  • Options
    crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    1. Yes, it's time for "March Bug Squishing Month" to be a thing. It would actually be kinda humorous if they did a "Qularr invade MC Mini-Event"(similar to the Roxstar and various other "generic mobs type X spawns in MC with a daily" event just to tie into the "bug squishing theme" and it would be re-used like 1-2 times a year). Having said this I feel one MAJOR point cannot be overlooked on this one and that's COMMUNICATION. If March is gonna be Bug Month then it needs to be announced, put on the main page, and made perfectly clear so the doomies don't say,"Nothing is happening bwaaah," so much as,"Oh, they said it's Bug Month."

2. Honestly, if you took out the cool ties from Mad Scientist(which I like but don't know if I'd actually USE..they're still cute), the glasses, and maybe the Boots and Eye Acc from Space Scoundrel...I could easily sleep through these two additions and barely notice they happened in all honesty. To counter Buxom's post....at least the Santa Set had those really useful pants and some "I wanna be a hero from CoX Mittens." :wink:

Also, on the subject of Space Scoundrel, did this thing get hung up in development somewhere because it seems a wee bit late to be trying to run a cash-in for Guardians(which, if timed correctly I support because it's a good idea honestly). I mean, by contrast, The Unleashed Not-A-Jedi came out right before TOR went live and, IMO, that was well timed. This kinda seems like it was lost in production until it was kinda too late or just poorly timed. That and I find it pretty lackluster overall.

3. I don't know about all of you but I'm kinda feeling that it's a lil too quiet on these forums recently. It's February and while I do appreciate that some of the much needed QoL Changes are happening...where's the vision? I know it's been a while but...STATE OF THE GAME. I don't even care if you premise it with, "Yeah, here's a list of crap that likely won't happen but it's what we're thinking while we chat amongst each other during lunch breaks..." Honestly, speaking only for myself, I need something here. If QoL is the focus then make a bigger deal out of it. Explain it. Project a timetable that it's a thing you're focusing on for X months. Cause a russle on the forums with some announcements. Show a direction and get those in the playerbase willing to get onboard behind it here on PTS. Please, it's just getting kinda quiet and uncertain in here. That's all really. :confused:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,595 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    More QoL items are not on the list. TT posted that there aren't anything that they noticed that really needs to or can be fixed easily at this time.

As for content, apparently they are working on something. But announcing it too soon would cause problems if they decide to not follow through on it. That's the state of the game.
  • Options
    crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I would accept, "We're working on the next content thing but can't give out any big details because they're subject to change," as a valid answer if they'd just make a post about it and get that kind of word out there. :biggrin:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    chimerafreekchimerafreek Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I think a good idea for a QoL update is to add all of;

.Access to the AH
    .Access to the Mailbox
    .Access to your bank/SG vault

All on the terminal in hideouts. this would save a ton of running back and forth.
    edited February 2015
    Did they ever fix the scoundrel coat so that it doesn't have that stretchy/rubber band effect it had on PTS?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Did they ever fix the scoundrel coat so that it doesn't have that stretchy/rubber band effect it had on PTS?

Nope, that's what most of the COmments mentioned so far, it went Live like this!

Really shame because Scoundrel obviously was given more love than the Science Set (and Details AND Texture) and yet a Simply Bug like this is enough to ruin it
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,435 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Bummer. I was all set to plunk down some real money for that set, but not if the coat still has that problem.
    avianos wrote: »
    Nope, that's what most of the COmments mentioned so far, it went Live like this!

Really shame because Scoundrel obviously was given more love than the Science Set (and Details AND Texture) and yet a Simply Bug like this is enough to ruin it
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I think a good idea for a QoL update is to add all of;

.Access to the AH
    .Access to the Mailbox
    .Access to your bank/SG vault

All on the terminal in hideouts. this would save a ton of running back and forth.

that....would be useful [they have something like this in the vip lounge, but it's not perfect]
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • Options
    chimerafreekchimerafreek Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    notyuu wrote: »
    that....would be useful [they have something like this in the vip lounge, but it's not perfect]

My way also has it so you can access your hideout vault.
    edited February 2015
    Wow, this is messed up! The vendors/models for the scoundrel costume set are wearing both belts, but we can't! Thats false advertising! I demand to wear both belts to!
  • Options
    thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    soulforger wrote: »
    Wow, this is messed up! The vendors/models for the scoundrel costume set are wearing both belts, but we can't! Thats false advertising! I demand to wear both belts to!

Step one: select space scoundrel belt

Step two: select the utility belt under 'belt cloth'

Step three: ????

Steo four: Profit

This is an amazing set. Just used it to completely redo my main. Just needs a fix to the duster...
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited February 2015

This is an amazing set. Just used it to completely redo my main. Just needs a fix to the duster...

I'm pretty sure Step Three was cut a hole in the box.
  • Options
    edited February 2015

Wha? I did not see anything that would suggest this...let me check myself. Well, I'll be damned, how did I not notice that.
  • Options
    circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,919 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Has anyone noticed that the PTS is down, and been down for quite a while now?
    Psi.
  • Options
    thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    cryneting wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed that the PTS is down, and been down for quite a while now?

Booted it up to take a look, its giving the maintenance message now. It'll be some time this morning at the earliest that it comes up. I doubt its a priority right now though, we don't have a new content patch coming up. Of course, if they wanted to do some bug fixes, that'd be nice...