test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20141212.12/13 PTS Update

radioscienceradioscience Posts: 80 Arc User
edited February 2015 in PTS - The Archive
This build will be available on PTS around 2:10 PM today, 2/12/2015.

Notes for earlier builds can be found here:
FC.31.20141212.11 PTS Update
FC.31.20141212.10 PTS Update

Release Notes for FC.31.20141212.12:

Preview:
  • Cosmic Keys are now available on the debugger for Lockbox testing.
  • Engine effects for the Tigris Interceptor have been corrected.
  • The Scoundrel's Handgun can now be used for sonic pisol and experimental blaster powers.
  • Cloth collision problems on the Scoundrel's long coat have been fixed.
  • Fixed an issue where the Scoundrel set wasn't properly unlocking both the jacket and non-jacket versions of the chestpiece.
  • Fixed some patterns in the Scientist set.
  • Fixed a number of miscellaneous issues with both the Scoundrel and Scientist sets, including clipping and categorization.

Release Notes for FC.31.20141212.13:

Preview:
  • Added the missing leather and metal materials for the F. modern labcoat in the Scientist set.
  • Fixed some categorization errors with the head pieces in the Scoundrel set.
  • Added a Scoundrel's Lockbox display to Ren Cen. (This will be turned on a little later this evening.)

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go elsewhere.

In particular, do not report bugs from the live game in this thread, unless they are impacted by changes in the PTS build.
Post edited by radioscience on

Comments

• Options
    thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well they fixed some clipping issues on the scientist set, but the formal shirt still clips horribly with it. The sleeves need to be thicker to accommodate, or else you need a formal shirt thats thinner.

Oh, and what patterns were added? I'm not seeing anything new.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    • Fixed patch notes to remove "snd" typo and reference to adding new patterns.

There were some patterns that had been only available to f. scientists, but are now available for m. scientists as well.
  • Options
    notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Nice work on getting things done quickly...just one suggestion

Suggestion: Make the Tigris interceptor about 25% bigger, as for it's current size it's near comically small
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • Options
    thebuckeyethebuckeye Posts: 814 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So given its tremendous size, is there any chance we could get multi gun capability for the scoundrel pistol? Seems like it could be used for the pistol, shotgun, rifle, sniper rifle, energy rifle, etc

This please...the weapon categories I'd love to see it unlock in personally are Energy Rifle, Assault Rifle, SMG, Shotgun, and Sniper Rifle...
  • Options
    blackwolf305blackwolf305 Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So does this mean that the scoundrel coat and jacket, now work with robotic arms as well as the other categories
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    gradii wrote: »
    Suggestion:

I'd like to point out that the scoundrel pistol is a little TOO big, and does not seem to scale properly.

it looks downright comical on characters with smaller builds. please fix the scaling and perhaps provide another, smaller version of the gun model, like you did with the cosmic sceptre.

All the guns (and blades) have the problem of size not scaling enough when making a HUGE characters. Well maybe the Gatling Gun is only one that does...
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    blackwolf305blackwolf305 Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So does this mean that the scoundrel coat and jacket, now work with robotic arms as well as the other categories

Awesome work guys i checked and its now for robotic arms, however you can't see the arms, they just clip with the coat and jacket
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,596 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Space Scoundrel Coat stretches like putty when moving.

Can the Scoundrel Utility belt be added to the Hips Layer category so we can have both belts on if we want?
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    This build will be available on PTS after 6:30 PM today, 2/13/2015.

Release Notes for FC.31.20141212.13:

Preview:
    • Added the missing leather and metal materials for the F. modern labcoat in the Scientist set.
    • Fixed some categorization errors with the head pieces in the Scoundrel set.
    • Added a Scoundrel's Lockbox display to Ren Cen. (This will be turned on a little later this evening.)
  • Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    BUG

The coat bottom is stretching to extreme lengths when you front flip in acrobatics mode.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    kriss94kriss94 Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    BUG

The coat bottom is stretching to extreme lengths when you front flip in acrobatics mode.

Yes, please change this, Cryptic, the original cloth physics the old pieces have are much better than the new physics pieces like the Magic Girl skirt and the Scoundrel coat have.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    So, have we gotten a fix for this yet?:

Bug: Modern labcoat clips horribly on the sleeves with the formal shirt. This makes it pretty much useless for suit and tie scientist types.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Suggestion: add glow channels to the stains on the lab coat. Why have ooze when you can have *glowing* ooze.
  • Options
    novaninja555novaninja555 Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Pictures of the damn pistols already!!!

"Good can be found in heights, even in the deepest pits of evil" but "The valleys of evil always exist in the mountains of good."

~me
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    gun.jpg
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    chimerafreekchimerafreek Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    In some future update could we possibly remove the rubble effect from TK maelstrom? Anyone without a ludicrous speed computer still suffers from a MASSIVE framerate drop. The only fix to this is setting Visual effects to low, and having to do THAT every time someone uses it is just as much of a hassle. (especially if you can't even open your Options window to lower it because the reduced framerate makes it nigh-impossible.)

Also it's just kind of an unnecessary effect to the power anyway.
    edited February 2015
    gun.jpg

Why would someone want that smaller? It's great the way it is
  • Options
    summerfields#1113 summerfields Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Why would someone want that smaller? It's great the way it is

I agree on this! :tongue:
    [ @Skaargoroth in-game / @summerfields on the Forums ]
    Current character roaster: The Iconica, Lady Mythica, Black Jackal, Omni-Woman, Fantomask
    Currently waiting for: Moar comics! And maybe City of Titans, too. Hopefully!
  • Options
    crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    In some future update could we possibly remove the rubble effect from TK maelstrom? Anyone without a ludicrous speed computer still suffers from a MASSIVE framerate drop. The only fix to this is setting Visual effects to low, and having to do THAT every time someone uses it is just as much of a hassle. (especially if you can't even open your Options window to lower it because the reduced framerate makes it nigh-impossible.)

Also it's just kind of an unnecessary effect to the power anyway.

1. This power is an issue very much in the same way "old Ice" was back originally.
    2. I do not think the removal of the rubble effect is the correct solution considering "old ice" was repaired without such measures.
    3. Perhaps a happier "middle ground" could be reached on this issue(I'm not a dev).
    4. As with "Old Ice" it's also interesting to note that for most cases, in the experiences of myself and some of my friends, the performance issues rarely seem to hit the user of the problem power...but will usually wreck those in close proximity. A prime example of this is to go into "A Stitch in Time" with all of it's destructable objects and let loose with a TK Maelstrom. In my testing I will be fine...the other 4 people might still be online after the explosion. Again, this is very similar to how "old ice" originally performed before it was repaired after the launch of VB.

BTW, It's likely too late for this to make it into this run but I have to ask. How hard would it be to put material selections into weapon geos? If it's possible....I think it would be great. Also , Nemesis used to respect weapon geo selections if they were in pre-made costume files but this was accidently "fixed" many moons ago. If someone has the time could they please dig around and "break" this back the way it was before? :wink:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    CROOOOOOOOOOPPED JACKEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

I'm loving this set, but there's a few issues:

The scoundrel coat and jacket do not appear in the chest wear options in skin & tights or chestwear

The scoundrel coat disappears when trying to apply the chestwear version from the search section
  • Options
    novaninja555novaninja555 Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    gun.jpg

Thank you!!

Those some damn cool pistols :O

"Good can be found in heights, even in the deepest pits of evil" but "The valleys of evil always exist in the mountains of good."

~me
  • Options
    bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Could we have the Scoundrel jackets set to Chest wear as well? Like some of the other new pieces (Fireman jacket, and military jacket.) There are a couple of characters with the Arcane skin tattoos that I would love to have the new jacket on, but cant because the skin options are not available with Jackets.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I knew the pistol looked familiar.
    weapon_pistol_redeye.jpg
  • Options
    bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I mentioned this in a previous build and was told it was being dealt with and implemented.

Cool, thanks for the info
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • Options
    xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    gun.jpg

Looks like a color reskin of the large anime pistols.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    To the point of it being large pistol?
    weapon_pistol_anime.jpg
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    BUG

like the magical girl butt skirt does when you run or fly?
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    BUG: Victorian dress is missing on the pts. At least, I can't find it in the tailor, and I have all the other parts unlocked on the pts. Wouldn't want something to happen and this go live.
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    soulforger wrote: »
    BUG: Victorian dress is missing on the pts. At least, I can't find it in the tailor, and I have all the other parts unlocked on the pts. Wouldn't want something to happen and this go live.

And while they are at fixing that, the the 4th color
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Okay, I feel like I need to say this one last time because apparently it's being ignored. After this point, if it isn't corrected, I don't feel the need to use the PTS any more. I'm going to be as straightforward as possible, and I am not pulling my punches.

The PTS is STILL not allowing us to test costumes we've already unlocked in the tailor. Many of us do not use an entire costume set you release, we use various parts with others and create our own unique looks. This is one of the selling points of Champions Online, and yet this problem persists. If you are not going to enable us to test the compatibility of the parts of a new costume with those that have already been released and those we have unlocked, you might as well just drop a couple of default characters in Ren Cen wearing the costumes and let us look at them. There is zero point in testing them at all when this is the case. It almost feels like an intentional scam when one of your new costumes is unlocked on Live and it clips or just doesn't work at all with other costume parts- and several times I have spent time and actual money on something that does not work with many existing parts, only to realize I have wasted my money. Please fix this, or otherwise don't bother releasing costumes on PTS for 'testing' any more.

Examples of FAIL: Tactical Armor tights and Robot Samurai tights clip horribly with Pharaoh Tech robot arms, and all robot arms. They also are incompatible with coats.

Project Clockwork leg accessories do not work with any medium skirts and shorts.

I'm sorry, but I just really fail to see the point in 'testing' a costume if we can't see how it works with things that we already have. After this, if it continues I won't be using the PTS. I realize my lack of testing will probably have zero impact on whether or not Cryptic releases workable products 'into the wild on Live server', but I would encourage those who are sick of the same problem to follow suit. Those who do wish to continue using it, please just post a screenshot of the new costumes because that's basically all we need anyway if we can't properly test.

Also I find it a bit bothersome that you are releasing another handgun (A very cool one, I might add) and you have STILL not fixed the problem with the muzzle flash on the Anime pistols. I have been reporting this problem for well over a year at this point and nothing has been done. I highly encourage players to avoid spending their money and in-game currency on these as well.
  • Options
    frankendreadzfrankendreadz Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Can you also update Particle rifle with new weapon skins too, as they are quite lacking and often overlooked
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited February 2015
    Did they make a smaller version of the Scoundrel pistol yet? The stupidly oversized toy which is in the lockbox right now is not something which will look good on normal sized or smaller characters.

Again please make a smaller version of the scoundrel pistol, not all of us can carry pistols that heavy on our dangerous smuggling runs across the galaxy.

Resizing a pistol model is not as simple as resizing a sword or a mace.

Its grip is already scaled to character hands, so it can not be simply scaled down as an entire model.

To made it smaller would require to split geo to separate primitives and then scale down everything except for the grip and the trigger guard. Then reassemble the model again.

Then it would need to be textured again from the start since uv maps are no longer matched with only partially resized model.

So it can take some time.
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Did they make a smaller version of the Scoundrel pistol yet? The stupidly oversized toy which is in the lockbox right now is not something which will look good on normal sized or smaller characters.

Again please make a smaller version of the scoundrel pistol, not all of us can carry pistols that heavy on our dangerous smuggling runs across the galaxy.

Make a second version- Yes

Change current one- 1000x NO
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I'm not asking for the current one to be changed, I'm asking for them to make one usable on smaller characters.

Currently there is no chance i would use that gun model, it's about 3 times larger than it should be, and looks ridiculous on ALL my characters, not even needing to only count the ones which USE guns.

They finally make a new pistol.. And they screw it up badly.

They did not screw it up at all, thats just your opinion, stop spouting opinion as if its fact.
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited February 2015
    It may not work as a specific pistol model for some characters, but it will work as a generic all-purpose weapon model for others precisely because it's that big.

Will I use it as a munition pistol (provided I'll be lucky enough to get it from a lockbox)?
    Probably not, because it's kinda too big for a pistol.

But I can see it being used as a submachine gun. Or a laser assault rifle. Or a futuristic shotgun. Or a gadgeteering particle rifle. Because it's big enough to support both hands.

So it's a fairly universal weapon model. It should be available in all gun categories, really.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    soulforger wrote: »
    They did not screw it up at all, thats just your opinion, stop spouting opinion as if its fact.

Maybe I missed it, but I don't see where Gradii was claiming her opinion as fact. She's simply stating her personal dislike of something. I happen to like the pistols, that doesn't make her opinion invalid.

Indeed, the whole point of this thread is to discuss these kinds of things. She would be doing herself, and any others she might represent a disservice to not state her opinions.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    A matter of phrasing, really. There's a bit of a gulf between "I don't care for the new pistols, and won't be buying them unless there's a smaller option", and "They finally make a new pistol. And they screw it up badly."

The latter carries the implication that this implementation will be a disaster, because the design is objectively bad. However, I have two separate characters who would work well with this gun design, especially since the costume set also comes with matching holsters. Therefore, this is poorly designed for gradii's toons, not in any sort of objective sense.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    A matter of phrasing, really. There's a bit of a gulf between "I don't care for the new pistols, and won't be buying them unless there's a smaller option", and "They finally make a new pistol. And they screw it up badly."

Take a persuasive writing / speaking class. When you say "I think" or "I feel that" you are devaluing your opinion before anyone can bother finishing the sentence.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Maybe I missed it, but I don't see where Gradii was claiming her opinion as fact. She's simply stating her personal dislike of something. I happen to like the pistols, that doesn't make her opinion invalid.

Indeed, the whole point of this thread is to discuss these kinds of things. She would be doing herself, and any others she might represent a disservice to not state her opinions.

"They finally make a new pistol.. And they screw it up badly." That is an opinion stated as an fact. If he had said "In my opinion, they screwed it up." Than he would have been stating his opinion without making it a fact. Its the way its read that makes the difference. The way he stated it made it sound like it was the official fact about the pistols. When the opposite is true.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    In any case, there are plenty of normal sized pistol models; it's not really a problem if there's one that only comes in 'huge'.
  • Options
    bellatorrexbellatorrex Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ...But in a sense Gradii, you just did by replying to them and stating you weren't giving two cents to them. It would of probably of served you better to just ignore the post rather than retort to it.
    edited February 2015
    ...But in a sense Gradii, you just did by replying to them and stating you weren't giving two cents to them. It would of probably of served you better to just ignore the post rather than retort to it.

Also got to love how he all capped "YOU" as if he has a personal beef with me. He did that in another thread that I disagreed with him. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean you can get all up in their face.
  • Options
    acrosscatacrosscat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Suggestion:

The Scoundrel Gun seems to use a matte texture map. Other guns, however, have a metallic texture map. Intentional or oversight? Please consider enabling a material selection option?

EDIT: Actually, just give it a material selection maybe?
    ____GREAT LEADERS LET THEIR ACTIONS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Man, the Scoundrel Coat spaz like Crazy
    some people mentioned that it effects their Frame Rate
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Bug
    The Space Scoundrel Trench Coat Bottom stretches and flails strangely when flying up or down. It occasionally looks like it is made of stretchy rubber.
    Also does this stretch when on a vehicle like a grav chariot, though not to the ridiculous degree seen during acrobatics.

Suggestion
    Provide other materials options for the Space Scoundrel Pistol.
    I like matte, but many players want metal.
    Dream: add holoforce, glass, and psioholo materials to the pistol.

Imagine a glass or holoforce pistol.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.