test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Chat Channel: Rampagers

2»

Comments

• wimpazoidwimpazoid Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    No, when they try to invite sometimes we get a message that says unable to invite. Usually when someone says they are trying to invite, it can be pinned because said user has block invites off or is set to not looking for a group which removes the ability to invite as well.
    It's not, I have never blocked invites in all my years in CO. But there's a bug(?) with queues, where if a player was previously in the queue, you can't invite him to a PQ because the system identifies the player as already in a queue. Sometimes the status sticks.

The message returned however is that the player is not accepting invites which isn't true, and not in the control of the player.

Why I know this is I've been pugging F&I rather exclusively and am aware of it when friends tried to invite me to PQ.
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It seems like having "Whitelist Duels" on prevents Private Queue invites too. :(
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • wimpazoidwimpazoid Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I don't have whitelist duels, but it's so odd that it should prevent PQ invites. PQs have many things to iron out.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Might have mistaken Invite for Ignore on the right-click menu.

Actually the exact same thing happened to me... someone whispered me saying they tried to invite me but couldn't... when I tried to whisper them back, they had me on ignore.
  • quasimojo1quasimojo1 Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Actually the exact same thing happened to me... someone whispered me saying they tried to invite me but couldn't... when I tried to whisper them back, they had me on ignore.

There is apparently a bug where trying to invite to a PQ in some circumstance can add the person to your ignore list instead. I saw both of you guys requests for a team in channel (i.e. I wasn't ignoring you), I tried multiple times to add you to the PQ and got the "Unable to invite" message. I had no idea about the ignore thing until reading this thread. Now I'll have to go back and see how many people have been unintentionally ignored.

Update: Neither of you appears on my in-game ignore list.
    LTS since 2009. Author of ACT parser module for CO. Founder of Rampagers. Resident curmudgeon.

"Without data, you're just another person with an opinion." -- W. Edwards Deming
    edited June 2014
    Heya Rampagers. It's good to return and see the channel seems to be active and running itself smoothly, although Private Queue demand has understandably tapered off a bit (except for Fire & Ice). I wish I could reward the people that have been regularly running groups out of the channel, as I know it can sometimes be a thankless job. The most appropriate thing I can think of is to give Mod privs to those who have been active in helping out and running groups out of the channel. If this interests you, let me know. Same goes for anyone who might be interested in running a scheduled channel event, like a nightly or weekly raid or Rampage at a particular time.

Seeya online..
    LTS since 2009. Author of ACT parser module for CO. Founder of Rampagers. Resident curmudgeon.

"Without data, you're just another person with an opinion." -- W. Edwards Deming
  • malvoumalvou Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Haven't been able to get on as much as I would like, but it's nice to see the channel still up.
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I've not seen a PQ on there in a long time, though.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
    edited June 2014
    OK, I've made an experimental change to the channel.

The final catalyst for this was a certain fairly well-known player who likes to join Rampage alerts and just idly leech, hoping to collect the rewards for everyone else's efforts. He was even bragging about it on Rampagers channel. This is a good example of the type of player I think most people's experience would be improved by excluding, but it's not currently feasible to do so with a public channel.

So Rampagers is now a private channel. Everyone who runs a Private Queue for a Rampage on the channel (or similar group/event for other end-game content) will receive Moderator privileges, including the ability to invite others. Everyone who is running an active SG will also receive Moderator/Invite privileges. The idea is not to be especially exclusive, but to be able to screen out troublemakers, and try to increase the value of the channel to players focused on running end-game content. Hopefully this will become a community-based, self-managing system.

Thanks to everyone who's been a part of contributing to the channel so far, and I hope this change helps Rampagers continue to be a positive resource. As always, I'm open to feedback and suggestions, either here or in-game @mojohama.

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Man, its sad that one or two jerks can ruin a channel's environment like that. I'd anticipate trolls/leechers in a larger game, but seeing it in a player-driven channel for CO is rather pitiful.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Just wish I knew who the offender is so that I could be sure to keep him/her out of any PQ I start. I'm usually too busy once the rampage starts to notice leachers and I don't follow what people say in chat.

Rampagers has been so great for F&I; like night and day compared to PUGs.
    flowcyto wrote: »
    Man, its sad that one or two jerks can ruin a channel's environment like that. I'd anticipate trolls/leechers in a larger game, but seeing it in a player-driven channel for CO is rather pitiful.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Hello, I would like to join the channel. I am @coach in game. I am not terribly experienced at Rampages, but I do have a few decent 40s and I would like to get better. Been playing since closed-beta, but unfortunately, due to my insane work schedule, I do not get on as much as I'd like. Can someone send me an invitation to the channel, since it is set to private?
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It's nice to see that the channel is still active :smile:
    I do apologize for my lack of activity in the channel, but currently hardly play CO because of Real Life Issues (Greek Army and all)
    I miss the Pre-Made teams for Fire and Ice, Lemurian Invansion and SKy Command a lot! :frown:

Congratulations to the People who got their first set of Justice Gear :biggrin:
    I still Struggle to get 1 Destreum Bearing just for 1 Piece :U (Sky Command is really annoying alert)
    meanwhile I have over 80 Superdense Diamond from my ALTitis Gravitar farming... what am I ever going to do all those tokens alone... :/

quasimojo1 wrote: »
    OK, I've made an experimental change to the channel.

The final catalyst for this was a certain fairly well-known player who likes to join Rampage alerts and just idly leech, hoping to collect the rewards for everyone else's efforts. He was even bragging about it on Rampagers channel. This is a good example of the type of player I think most people's experience would be improved by excluding, but it's not currently feasible to do so with a public channel.

So Rampagers is now a private channel. Everyone who runs a Private Queue for a Rampage on the channel (or similar group/event for other end-game content) will receive Moderator privileges, including the ability to invite others. Everyone who is running an active SG will also receive Moderator/Invite privileges. The idea is not to be especially exclusive, but to be able to screen out troublemakers, and try to increase the value of the channel to players focused on running end-game content. Hopefully this will become a community-based, self-managing system.

Thanks to everyone who's been a part of contributing to the channel so far, and I hope this change helps Rampagers continue to be a positive resource. As always, I'm open to feedback and suggestions, either here or in-game @mojohama.

I already know who that was! I really hate this guy, he has no Dignity, Morals or Empathy. Only Ego along with a Rude Attitude. :mad:
    Really shame, Really shame, what's the point of Leeching anyway? Things go FASTER if you actually participate, I will never understand those people :/
    I'm Glad proper action were taken, sorry to hear that the channel is now Private :/
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    People like that should be dusted away.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • selpheaselphea Posts: 1,229 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If anyone wants an invite, send me a tell at @selphea. I'm usually on from 8pm to 10pm, GMT +8 (not today though)
    edited July 2014
    I think the change of making the Rampagers channel private has been a success. When I initially made the change, a disgruntled someone told me that the channel would now "die". Well, Rampagers has about 5% more members now than it did when public, and hopefully most members will agree that it has a helpful, fun community vibe.

We have a good set of Ops to make sure the leeches are screened out and appropriate new members are invited. And an awesome, helpful co-admin, @aqa, to help make sure everything runs smoothly.

Rock on, Rampagers. Hopefully we get some new end-game content sooner rather than later to continue our rampagin' upon.

• roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It was the right decision, quasimojo1.

Quality over quantity any day--and you ended up with more quantity anyway.

:D

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
    edited July 2014
    Let's all group hug and then go to bed.

But not together that would be gross u3u
  • bringmeaslabbringmeaslab Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Would it be possible to get an invite to this channel? My in-game is @bringmeaslab. I've only just started running rampages, but I would love to have capable groups to do them with.
  • droadbanedroadbane Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    i am at @008 got at least 1 decent 40 that would like to start the grind for justice gear haven't ran rampages before but would defiantly prefer a community that runs often
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Let's all group hug and then go to bed.

But not together that would be gross u3u

And i changed to my manly bunny pajamas for nothing... :frown:
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    edited July 2014
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    And i changed to my manly bunny pajamas for nothing... :frown:

You can come to bed with me mister manly bunny man uwu
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Just wanted to say Thanks to the Rampagers who did F&I with me last time around. Lots of good fun and never a failed mission. PUGs seem to be getting better, but a coordinated team is so much more satisfying. Feels good to get some real use out of my healer and nice to see that my two tanks are now up to the job of keeping His Coldness busy without face-planting :smile:
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • jimhsuajimhsua Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Just wanted to say Thanks to the Rampagers who did F&I with me last time around. Lots of good fun and never a failed mission. PUGs seem to be getting better, but a coordinated team is so much more satisfying. Feels good to get some real use out of my healer and nice to see that my two tanks are now up to the job of keeping His Coldness busy without face-planting :smile:

Indeed, and thanks for trusting me to organize a few teams as well, when no one else wanted to lead a PQ. Fun times...
  • rior88rior88 Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Could i possibly get an invite? Would love to get into some organized runs, been playing the game on and off for a few years now (stil a total noob though :P). Handle is @nevad.
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    rior88 wrote: »
    Could i possibly get an invite? Would love to get into some organized runs, been playing the game on and off for a few years now (stil a total noob though :P). Handle is @nevad.

Invite send, have fun and behave. :wink:
    edited August 2014
    @Bluegrass_Beast

Please invite? Rampages are only enjoyable in a skilled team, and this will save time chasing PQs.

Wait, you're not in rampagers? *goes check* ... apparently not. You should be. Invite sent.
    edited August 2014
    Also thanks to rampagers this past rotation, I have what is the fastest F&I run that I've ever seen. Ever. 2:19.

TomuOCx.png

I'll remove the names if need be ... but really you should be proud. A work of art.
  • skyranger1414skyranger1414 Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Can I get an invite to the channel?

@soyokaze14
    edited August 2014
    Can I get an invite to the channel?

@soyokaze14

Just making sure you have a lvl40, cause rampages are pretty pointless if you don't. Msg me in game and I'll set you up.
  • luesatchmo402luesatchmo402 Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    jimhsua wrote: »
    Also thanks to rampagers this past rotation, I have what is the fastest F&I run that I've ever seen. Ever. 2:19.

TomuOCx.png

I'll remove the names if need be ... but really you should be proud. A work of art.

...And that was with my poorly-geared soldier AT alt, imagine how much faster the pimped out justice/vigi gear one would be ._.

Also, I tried to join rampagers but it said I had insufficient priviledges (fancy speak for "you need an invite", I think), so could I please get an invite? @luesatchmo402 ingame :3c
    two lines of plain text
    the best kind of signature
  • azzamacazaazzamacaza Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I request to join, my in game name is @Azzamacazza (that's two Z's near the end). I have 5 lvl 40's.
    edited September 2014
    azzamacaza wrote: »
    I request to join, my in game name is @Azzamacazza (that's two Z's near the end). I have 5 lvl 40's.

Invited, and have fun!
    Can I have a pony? OwO

Error 1004: CreatePony() is not currently available.
  • veiran2veiran2 Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Is this still a thing? because i just had a few pug runs that made me question my faith in humanity.

@Veiran, if it is.
  • coneuroniaconeuronia Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    veiran2 wrote: »
    Is this still a thing? because i just had a few pug runs that made me question my faith in humanity.

@Veiran, if it is.

Ditto, @Neuronia here, sent you a tell ingame and thanks!

Amelie Layclaire - Lightning and Wind (40)
    Solution Five - Gadgets and Subterfuge (40)
    Dodgeball Kara - Support and Ebon Ruin (40)
    Relentless Pursuit - Fire and Force (35)
    Rear Window - Homage - Icy Disposition (20)
    Teaming with @shottymario and hoping to meet you all ingame.
    edited October 2014
    Invites sent, enjoy!
  • hemslordhemslord Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I can't believe I haven't stumbled upon this sooner. I'll send you a tell when I'm next online.

Global is @cooliocarl
    edited December 2014
    hemslord wrote: »
    I can't believe I haven't stumbled upon this sooner. I'll send you a tell when I'm next online.

Global is @cooliocarl

Was going to invite you, but looks like you're already invited.

Welcome!