test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Chat Channel: Rampagers

quasimojo1quasimojo1 Posts: 642 Arc User
edited December 2014 in Champions Online Discussion
FYI, in light of the latest PTS build, I've just created a new chat channel called Rampagers, for forming teams for Rampage alerts and related high-level challenges.

The channel is currently private, so please ask for an invitation if you're interested in forming teams for successful runs through things like:

- the new Fire & Ice alert
- Sky Command URL="https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hZIiCyC0H0ytDzAOTxhw2nq0lYbwptbL4k1TG1oYkc0/edit?usp=sharing"]Guide[/URL
- Lemurian Invasion
- Gravitar URL="https://docs.google.com/document/d/14BXsN6hl0JchXHgh8ubn3FSi7FDnEDHIWui-GPIOkYA/edit?usp=sharing"]Guide[/URL
- Forum Malvanum
- Therakiel's Temple
- perhaps some lite team-based PvP

All SG's are welcome. Please have at least 1 level 40 and be age 18+ . Thanks for joining.
LTS since 2009. Author of ACT parser module for CO. Founder of Rampagers. Resident curmudgeon.

"Without data, you're just another person with an opinion." -- W. Edwards Deming
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    and mentally 18+ too.
    MY younger brother would fail, age correct, common sense- fail(there it is- charge)

These are the harder content, please remember you will need to learn the fights and pay attention and omce prepared with heal devices, just in case.

Thanks for creating the channel Quasimojo
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    My pleasure, I'm looking forward to this. I'll most likely have a TeamSpeak server up to go with the channel by the time all of this goes live.

Welcome aboard.
    LTS since 2009. Author of ACT parser module for CO. Founder of Rampagers. Resident curmudgeon.

"Without data, you're just another person with an opinion." -- W. Edwards Deming
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Teamspeak...

Say hello to World of Championcraft.

I'll see you in the channel.
  • Options
    malvoumalvou Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Joining because I can never find a good group for these things.
  • Options
    skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Wait.. Therakiel's Temple? it's being added to rampages, or are you using it as an example of even teams for non rampage content?
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Considering he listed other non-rampages, I think he's just including being able to form teams for high-level/end game content.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    kallethen wrote: »
    Considering he listed other non-rampages, I think he's just including being able to form teams for high-level/end game content.

Exactly right. I'd like this channel to be a resource for forming solid groups for all high-level/end-game content. I've been considering something like this for a little while, but the new Rampage structure makes it essential, particularly for things like Sky Command and Fire&Ice that require a lot more teamwork than is found in PUGs.

I don't really want the drama/baggage associated with running a SG, but a loose association of like-minded players with a chat channel and a voicechat server should be perfect.

• Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Teamspeak...

Say hello to World of Championcraft.

I'll see you in the channel.

Why u so mean :D
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    nepht wrote: »
    Why u so mean :D

Destroids on the left! Many many Destroids! HANDLE IT!

DPS the destroid slowly, and when I say slowly I mean paffing slowly!
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I take dibs on the PENETRATORS named channel.
    For all that like to do instanced Door missions. From Defender.
    Soon to be penetraiding channels near you.
    moustache.gif
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I'd also like to provide some basic guides for all of these Rampage alerts and lairs.

Here's the first draft of my Gravitar Guide.

Feel free to let me know if you see any glaring errors, oversights, or unaddressed FAQs.

• Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,392 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    quasimojo1 wrote: »
    I'd also like to provide some basic guides for all of these Rampage alerts and lairs.

Here's the first draft of my Gravitar Guide.

Feel free to let me know if you see any glaring errors, oversights, or unaddressed FAQs.

Couple of things that you might want to add: Do not to bunch up or ever stand directly behind or in front of someone. Especially if you're resurrecting a player. Her force cascades go directly though multiple players.

If you're ever targeted by a blue force bubble that locks onto you, try to move away from the other players.

While pets don't last long in a fight, they sometimes do get targeted by her, and it's worth noting that any attack that targets a summons rather then a teammate is a plus. If you can, always spread your pets out.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    guyhumual wrote: »
    Couple of things that you might want to add: Do not to bunch up or ever stand directly behind or in front of someone. Especially if you're resurrecting a player. Her force cascades go directly though multiple players.

If you're ever targeted by a blue force bubble that locks onto you, try to move away from the other players.

While pets don't last long in a fight, they sometimes do get targeted by her, and it's worth noting that any attack that targets a summons rather then a teammate is a plus. If you can, always spread your pets out.

Thanks Guy. I've updated the Gravitar Guide and included your feedback.

I also just created a first draft of a Sky Command Guide. However, this will likely need updated, as it's been about 6 months since I've last done this alert.

Links to all guides have also been added to the first message in thread.

• Options
    keydillkeydill Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    nice ill join.

@Keydill
  • Options
    fr0gurtfr0gurt Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It's been a while since I have done Sky Command too, but here's a few additional things I remember:

* Top deck has consoles that activate turrets. The vent healer can heal the turrets to keep them running.

* If you are a tank class, your best role is probably to defend the healers since they can draw a ton of agro.

* If you are a healer, let people know which side you are defending before the mission begins. If the group is (or seems) organized, stick with your spot. If the group seems uncoordinated... maybe it wouldn't hurt to take a peek at the other location from time to time during a lull.

* If you only have two healers and are in a PUG, it might be easier to defend just one bank of engines and write off the other. A lot of people don't realize that there might be someone under the carrier who needs help.

* Helicopters and Black Talons on the top side spawn minions. Take them out, and the minions will despawn. (I don't think the ones on the sides spawn minions.)

* Remember that your number one priority with Mega-D is to keep him away from the vent. Killing him is the stretch goal.

* Remember that the victory condition is to preserve the vent and at least 3 of the 8 engines. People sometimes forget that when Mega-D shows up.

As I mentioned before, it's been a while since I have played this mission so some of the information may be out of date. The rewards will at the very least be updated, and that could influence strategic goals.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I haven't had a chance to revise the Sky Command guide yet, but wanted to make sure I thanked you for the great feedback, fr0gurt. Definitely some details there that didn't make it through my cobwebs.

The channel hasn't been around for very long yet, but I've already seen it used to fill a couple of Nemcon and TT groups. To help it stay relevant and useful, I'll be liberally applying channel Operator privs to everyone who contributes.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Rampagers fielded an excellent team to test Fire & Ice on PTS last night. It was fun playing with ya'll.

We plan to do so again later today. All of the updated Rampages are now available for testing on PTS: Fire & Ice, Sky Command, Gravitar, and Lemurian Invasion. Feel free to join us if you are interested. Please be level 40, age 18+, with access to PTS.

Once we have a good core group of regulars, it's likely that the channel will become closed/invitation only.

• Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    We'll see how it goes. It'll stay open as long as it stays fun and constructive. But I'm not really sure if it's possible to deal with problem players in an ongoing way with an open channel. Even it does become closed, I think everyone who participates would have the privs to invite.

Isn't Contest-Central a public channel? They seem to be just fine with only the occasional idiot popping up. But if you don't think you can handle having a far less populated public channel, go ahead and make it private.

If you're just going to go the private route, why did you bother posting on the forums to get people in? You could just make a channel and invite only the people you want. Then you wouldn't have to worry about filthy peons infecting it.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    sterga wrote: »
    Isn't Contest-Central a public channel? They seem to be just fine with only the occasional idiot popping up. But if you don't think you can handle having a far less populated public channel, go ahead and make it private.

Well, I'm not really a CC'er, so maybe I'm wrong, but I think there are probably some important distinctions between costume contests and running end-game content. The latter tends to require a bit more teamwork and communication.

I also think it's probably possible to find a good balance somewhere in-between totally open like zone chat and exclusively private and hierarchical like Forumites, i.e. by giving all active members the ability to invite.

I'm all for whatever seems to work best for supporting fun & constructive end-game teams. And I do believe in, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". So it's open for now, and it'll stay open as long as that's what the active participants want.

• Options
    jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well, I'm not really a CC'er, so maybe I'm wrong, but I think there are probably some important distinctions between costume contests and running end-game content. The latter tends to require a bit more teamwork and communication.

Not really, all it takes is some well stated channel rules (no trolling, being offensive, keeping on topic stuff like that) then a group of people that can watch over the channel to help weed out those who end up breaking the rules or just appear and cause a ruckus. It's adaptable and still allows newer people to take interest and join it.

I help admin the CC channel and it's not that hard to manage it, I only step in if there's a issue and it needs to be nipped in the bud.
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Alright peeps, let's stick to talking about this channel, thanks.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    what the heck? is there a page missing?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    skcark wrote: »
    what the heck? is there a page missing?

I deleted about a page and a half of off-topic stuff.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I'm gonna be using this channel to find people for Nemcons and APs and Lairs n stuff o3o dat okay?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    spinnytop wrote: »
    I'm gonna be using this channel to find people for Nemcons and APs and Lairs n stuff o3o dat okay?

Sure thing, knock yourself out.

I guess someone might then question the difference between this channel and something like LFG. I think I would say that my goal for this channel is to appeal to experienced, mature players, who like challenging end-game type content (primarily the stuff listed in the first post, but Nemcon, lairs and such too). Ideally it will develop into a loose association of regulars, such that you know a team assembled from Rampagers will be fun, run smoothly, and won't intentionally trigger any team wipeout mechanics. :-)

That said, I think Rampage alerts will be our bread and butter once the PTS changes are ready for prime time.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    I hope everyone is not completely burnt out on surveys. This is only 5 questions, and will have some impact on the direction of the channel (and possible voice chat).

Please fill it out if you are interested:

Rampagers Channel Survey

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Here's where the survey results are leaning so far:
    • 64% expressed an interest in voice chat
    • 85% would like some scheduled event times in addition to ad hoc teams
    • 84% think the channel should be Open, with moderators to keep things on track
    • Weeknights 8pm-10pm ET and Saturday Nights are the most popular time for events (both 67%)

Thanks for your feedback, folks. We'll keep collecting more responses, but so far it's seeming like both Teamspeak and some scheduled events would be worthwhile to move forward on.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    The Rampagers channel TeamSpeak server is now available.

The client can be downloaded from here.

The server address is: ts25.gameservers.com:9190

The current connection password is in the Rampagers channel MOTD.

I'm pretty new to TS server configuration options, so I may still need to tweak a few things. As always, let me know if you have any problems or suggestions.

I've also created a twitter account: CO-Rampagers, which I may use to post channel news and event notifications. Or maybe taunt Nepht. Or maybe nothing at all. I guess you'll have to follow to find out.

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Since the survey results unequivocally indicated an interest in scheduled events in addition to ad-hoc teams, here are the first two weekly channel events I'd like to try. When the new Rampage alerts go live, they're currently scheduled to rotate every 3 days, so having two weekly events should give us a predictable time to run each Rampage type.

Rampagers Ruling Rampage Alerts Hour (RRRAH!)
    When: Tuesdays 8pm-9pm ET (starting on 2/11)
    Where: Rampagers channel & Millenium City, Ren Cen

Are you looking for a pre-made team of friendly, reliable, mature, and goal-oriented heroes to help stop Millenium City's latest villain rampages (including Gravitar, Sky Command, Fire & Ice, and Lemurian Invasion)? Then this is the event for you. Our experienced cat herders will help guide the team to victory. Please be level 40, age 18+, and suited up for a fight. TeamSpeak is available/optional. All SG's welcome.

Casual Fridays Rampage
    When: Fridays at 10pm ET
    Where: Rampagers channel & Millenium City, Ren Cen

Are you looking for a social, pre-made team of grown-up heroes to run Rampages alerts in a laid back atmosphere? Then this event is for you. Negativity is not allowed. Drama is not allowed. Pants are not allowed. Optionally join us on TeamSpeak for the (age 21+) drinking game version.

If you'd like to add these events to your calendar and automatically receive event updates, here is a link to the Rampagers Events Google Calendar.

Show your support for the Rampagers channel and scheduled events by joining us!

P.S. If anyone would like to schedule other events, perhaps more lair-oriented, or has any other ideas, feel free to let me know.

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Or maybe taunt Nepht. Or maybe nothing at all. I guess you'll have to follow to find out.

>_> I'm just the beginning now that one "s0 pr0 br0" has joined the others will follow. I'm pretty sure you cant handle the random that is The Imp..THE IMP!...minds will be shattered @_o
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • Options
    edited February 2014
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Sounds good. I'm going to have to get into the Teamspeak at some point.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Who's about ready to Rampage?

• Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Well, I am ready to tank for whatever. And die a lot if need be.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I've been on the Teamspeak a few times. Was completely barren.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Thing is this channel has become a good place just to chat to randoms without the WTS [some crap] that plagues zone.
  • Options
    ahordeofkittensahordeofkittens Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Great idea for a channel...... it's just a shame that it seems to be run by a person who likes to abuse their power and kick people for no valid reason.

Kicking people over a disagreement which did not happen in the channel is pretty stupid and very, very immature. If this is how the channel is going to be run then i'd rather not be apart of it and maybe another one should be created & run by somebody who is abit more level-headed and who wont look through the list of channel members and kick whoever they dont like.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Great idea for a channel...... it's just a shame that it seems to be run by a person who likes to abuse their power and kick people for no valid reason.

Kicking people over a disagreement which did not happen in the channel is pretty stupid and very, very immature. If this is how the channel is going to be run then i'd rather not be apart of it and maybe another one should be created & run by somebody who is abit more level-headed and who wont look through the list of channel members and kick whoever they dont like.

Why don't you start one? They're free.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    It is indeed a moderated channel, as I made clear from the beginning I'm not interested in drama. Congratulations, you're the first person to create conflict. Obviously, you're currently still on the channel. If you act like a grown-up, we won't have a problem. If you'd rather not be on the channel and/or would like to start your own, that's your choice.

If you have a problem with me, the best way to resolve it is going to be communicating directly in an adult manner rather than cluttering the board or the channel with noise and personal attacks.

• Options
    ahordeofkittensahordeofkittens Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It is indeed a moderated channel, as I made clear from the beginning I'm not interested in drama. Congratulations, you're the first person to create conflict. Obviously, you're currently still on the channel. If you act like a grown-up, we won't have a problem. If you'd rather not be on the channel and/or would like to start your own, that's your choice.

If you have a problem with me, the best way to resolve it is going to be communicating directly in an adult manner rather than cluttering the board or the channel with noise and personal attacks.

Well the disagreement didnt start in the channel and had absolutely nothing to do with it but yet you saw fit to go looking through the members list and kick this person just because you own it is pathetic and you need to grow up.
  • Options
    towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Well the disagreement didnt start in the channel and had absolutely nothing to do with it but yet you saw fit to go looking through the members list and kick this person just because you own it is pathetic and you need to grow up.

Getting personal and resorting to insults is the exact opposite of constructive criticism.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I'm extremely pleased with the first live day of channel Rampagers. We nearly doubled the number of users on the channel yesterday. We have a great, friendly, and fun group of people and many dozens of pre-made Fire & Ice teams were formed.

Of the 11 successful Fire & Ice completions I personally witnessed yesterday, the average time of completion was 427 seconds with 5300 team DPS. Two of those teams completed it with 0 player deaths.

The Best Team of the Day completed it in 255 seconds with a team DPS of 8865. Kudos to this standout team:
    Dmg/Healing/Tanking
    Kaiserin 		7%/4%/68%
    Queen of Spades         3%/41%/1%
    Hat Trick 		5%/36%/3%
    Alyssa Q'Uzixola       19%/10%/3%
    Silverspar  	        8%/0%/12%
    X-3   			16%/2%/3%
    Wawindaji 		11%/5%/1%
    Red Lightning 	        13%/0%/0%
    Sterga 	                13%/0%/0%
    Jambalaya 		6%/0%/3%

Based upon this data, I believe the ideal team composition is a main tank on Frosticus, secondary tank on Kenina, two healers, and 6 DPS.

The channel Ops are doing a good job keeping the channel focused:
    * No drama
    * No huckstering (e.g. item sales)
    * Chit-chat is fine (as long as it doesn't prevent or discourage people forming teams)

Also, don't forget, channel TeamSpeak is available for those who are into that. There were a couple of people on it yesterday. Feel free to come and hang out there and get to know your fellow Rampagers.

• Options
    wimpazoidwimpazoid Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Now I do not what kind of person the OP is, since we haven't really interacted. But today, multiple groups were asking for players in his chat, I asked if any would take a melee player. That's a general question not targeted at any PQ groups in particular.

I got a tell from OP saying he's trying to invite me. Well I didn't get an invite, and as I tried to pm him telling why he probably couldn't invite me, I discover he's put me on ignore. The time lapse could have been just a minute, but I'm left wondering why?
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    wimpazoid wrote: »
    Now I do not what kind of person the OP is, since we haven't really interacted. But today, multiple groups were asking for players in his chat, I asked if any would take a melee player. That's a general question not targeted at any PQ groups in particular.

I got a tell from OP saying he's trying to invite me. Well I didn't get an invite, and as I tried to pm him telling why he probably couldn't invite me, I discover he's put me on ignore. The time lapse could have been just a minute, but I'm left wondering why?

Might have mistaken Invite for Ignore on the right-click menu.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    No, when they try to invite sometimes we get a message that says unable to invite. Usually when someone says they are trying to invite, it can be pinned because said user has block invites on or is set to not looking for a group which removes the ability to invite as well.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS