What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Surrender of Callitrix

13»

Comments

• stergiosmanstergiosman Posts: 717 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Yes, but while you may have pwn'd countless individual players, the devs pwn'd all of us simultaneously, and permanently. A dev may have cried once, but pvper's tears have been consistently raining for quite a long time now.

You're basically the ant remembering that one time you bit a guy's toe... right before he stepped on you and left you a tangled mess.

Oh well, I really like the first part, a good analogy. Though the dev that destroyed PvP or perhaps..."crashed" it, was different.

PvP is kinda boring in this game anyways, since launch we've been trying to find odd ways to get the most out of it.

In fact, us "PvP'ers" are the most active rp community of the game. This thread is a shining example.
  • oobtreeoobtree Posts: 1,068 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    lol @ xeno playing again. This game sucks.
  • mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    "crashed" it.

Don't you mean Crushed it? Not that it was exactly him who did much against PvP, if anything he kept it fit for flogging for a year or so by adding the telepathy powers which were pretty much mainly for PvP if not kinda OP in it. I just wanted an excuse to do a lame pun.
  • amy#8731 amy Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    you guys haven't seen real PvP

http://youtu.be/7jYmKUGrmCU?t=9s
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    edited November 2014
  • pallihwtfpallihwtf Posts: 677 Arc User
    edited November 2014

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Pallih in game
    edited November 2014
    Don't you mean Crushed it? Not that it was exactly him who did much against PvP, if anything he kept it fit for flogging for a year or so by adding the telepathy powers which were pretty much mainly for PvP if not kinda OP in it. I just wanted an excuse to do a lame pun.

I wouldn't say that. The new DoTs are useless against unbreakable and mind break is useless against MD. With the new AD "fixes" they made a huge proportion of the game's powers useless, namely maintains and further increased the need to run ebon ruin in PvP.
    The remaining (10) players still use the aopm/er build 2012 brought.
    edited November 2014
    I wouldn't say that. The new DoTs are useless against unbreakable and mind break is useless against MD. With the new AD "fixes" they made a huge proportion of the game's powers useless, namely maintains and further increased the need to run ebon ruin in PvP.
    The remaining (10) players still use the aopm/er build 2012 brought.

Lol everything is countered by MD, that's why you stack the DoT's to mind break while they are on the unbreakable half of the rotation which doesn't really affect mind break because buggybugbug.
  • purin1purin1 Posts: 433 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Imagine my expression when I started playing again and there's literally no one left in Callitrix, while all of the remaining members are in the very SG that they said they hated. :^)
    I strive to be the strongest swordsman alive.
    edited November 2014
    purin1 wrote: »
    Imagine my expression when I started playing again and there's literally no one left in Callitrix, while all of the remaining members are in the very SG that they said they hated. :^)

CO PVP in a nutshell.

#RPFAIL
    edited November 2014
    Lol everything is countered by MD, that's why you stack the DoT's to mind break while they are on the unbreakable half of the rotation which doesn't really affect mind break because buggybugbug.

The problem with the mind break build is that while stacking your dots the opponent can just heal rather than activate Unbreakable and only activate MD when you activate ego surge/charge MB. That way you can never really damage them unless you use 2 or more extra attacks, reducing your ability to heal and stuff. MD can be countered by a dot+ maintain or just a good maintain.

(or by teddies!!!)
    edited November 2014
    purin1 wrote: »

I think acmal and ronrona are in their own francophone sg. These guys are quite cool and especially acmal uses some odd builds from time to time.
  • purin1purin1 Posts: 433 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I think acmal and ronrona are in their own francophone sg. These guys are quite cool and especially acmal uses some odd builds from time to time.

Is Acmal Ac2p? If so, then yeah, he made the SG Cocorico. Ac2p is one of roughly 3 people that still uses offensive builds while actually winning. He's very fun to duel.
    I strive to be the strongest swordsman alive.
    edited November 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    you can slap a good maintain on that mind break build like tk assault to deal with that.

Without ebon ruin your opponent will easily survive 3-4 rotations. and while you use 4 attacks and no knocks or few heals, they will easily take you down. Let alone that invulnerability or IDF will not even give you a chance to out-heal them.

DoTs are only good when paired with other powers like Ebon ruin/rimefire burst, in which case you have the most Franken ever made.

Master of the Mind is interesting, I use it for burst dps and surprisingly its damage can easily kill many people. It is cancelled by nttg though, which only makes it useful under specific circumstances.
    edited November 2014
    Generally the problem is that although it wont win against every build it is the most consistent build for duels which is all anyone actually cares about. I never really used it though, ER always annoyed me so I only ever used it on my eldritch spam build which is pretty unviable because of unbreakable being borked. Most of my builds were usually about fun and bouncing around in bash randomly picking people off because I found that fun. I never really dueled much and usually got annoyed when people thought because I lost (end up being cba to stay in the duel and bounce out usually) to them in a duel on a bouncy stealthy fun to play build that I in some way fail at life the universe and everything.

All I ever wanted to do was super jump about the place with people unable to catch me. :<
    edited November 2014
    Generally the problem is that although it wont win against every build it is the most consistent build for duels which is all anyone actually cares about. I never really used it though, ER always annoyed me so I only ever used it on my eldritch spam build which is pretty unviable because of unbreakable being borked. Most of my builds were usually about fun and bouncing around in bash randomly picking people off because I found that fun. I never really dueled much and usually got annoyed when people thought because I lost (end up being cba to stay in the duel and bounce out usually) to them in a duel on a bouncy stealthy fun to play build that I in some way fail at life the universe and everything.

All I ever wanted to do was super jump about the place with people unable to catch me. :<

Actually, I think my last build trolled duelers alot. Defiance/idf Pve tank, with experimental blaster and MoTM. I could heal off their damage and spam exp blaster all the time, when they became teddies, I just used MoTM and it was game over. It was funny, but soon boredom got me.
    edited November 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    Nothing wins against every build yet people keep insisting balanced pvp equals every build having an equal chance against every other build.

People are bored of rock paper scissors. Modern balanced pvp does in fact equal everyone having an equal chance against everyone else, with skill being the determining factor (and no, not "skill in figuring out which of your potential targets is the paper to your scissors while avoiding all the rocks").

Let's be honest though, we don't have rock paper scissors. We have "rock, paper, scissors < sledgehammer", and the thing that people seem to regularly insist is that that is not balanced pvp.
    edited November 2014
    If I had a penny everytime someone said rock paper scissors in this section of the subforums, I'd be rich.
    edited November 2014
    If I had a penny everytime someone said rock paper scissors in this section of the subforums, I'd be rich.

If I had a penny everytime someone said if I had a penny, I would have a penny.
    edited November 2014

English humour makes me....smile

funi_zpsuotgaim5.gif
    edited December 2014

if I had a dollar everytime SONY assembled a PS3 I would have
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOHqG1nc_tw
  • fookilafookila Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Of course, Imp. If you have a million penny, a lot of pennies. You'd be a filthy, filthy richer.