FC.31.20140828.6/.8/.9/.11 PTS Update

Comments

• sorceror01sorceror01 Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Question.

How possible would it be to allow Mechanon's minions as either:

- New Tech Pets for Gadgeteering

OR

- New Skins for Gadgeteering Pets (This may not work out so well if they are just skins in some instances)

Preferably the former. This just seems like a good opportunity to introduce something fresh to the tech pet scene.

Same.
    I've been anxiously awaiting some kind of analog to the android summon that Viper-X has, because why not? I even remember many moons ago talk about some kind of tank-ish robot summon idea being tossed around, and it kinda disappeared like so much mist.
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    New Skins or pets, might be a good way to spend Mechanon Coaltion points. :biggrin:
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    riverocean wrote: »
    New Skins or pets, might be a good way to spend Mechanon Coaltion points. :biggrin:

This is a wonderful idea, I whuold really want the new skin from the hover drones for our pets!
    Psi.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    When I first saw that Mechanon Coalition point to Silver Rec conversion I could have sworn it was 1 MC for 5 SCR. That would have been worth it. The 40 minutes it would taken to get enough MC to convert for 1 Silver Rec, I could have gotten between 15-20 Silver Rec from UNITY.

Now if 5 MC convert into 1 "Gold" Rec, you would have my attention.
  • maleb666maleb666 Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hey Lordgar, is there any way you could ask the guys to unlock the new rifle for Sniper Rifle and Shotgun as well??

Since the rifle has multiple barrels, it would be awesome to have the same gun as a multipurpose weapon!

Please?? :biggrin:
    eupmtpu59ppn.jpg
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    maleb666 wrote: »
    Hey Lordgar, is there any way you could ask the guys to unlock the new rifle for Sniper Rifle and Shotgun as well??

Since the rifle has multiple barrels, it would be awesome to have the same gun as a multipurpose weapon!

Please?? :biggrin:

Heck yea. While yer at it, allow every gun on every gun category! Dual Heavy Machineguns FTW!!!
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • tigerofcachticetigerofcachtice Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    Seconded. Please enable it for pulse beam rifles, SMG, and shotguns as well as Assault rifle.
    Add sniper rifle to the list.
    maleb666 wrote: »

I support this idea as to enhance the gun's value from the player perspective.

As this is a lockbox item, and we have our own preferences on the Munitions powers we use, it would be a disservice to this well-designed and popular skin to limit it to only specific attacks. That limitation turns a good thing into a bad thing.

If it was NOT a lockbox item, it would matter less. Since it requires keys, it's a design semantics issue, perceived value. Example - your last lockbox weapon, the Steel Shadow Blade, works for all single-, dual-blade, and Heavy Weapon attacks.

Finally, the multi-barrel barrels (i.e. dakka ports) does suggest multi-purpose, to match the look & feel with multiple powers.

I hope from a developer standpoint that expanding the gun's utility to other Powers is not only feasible, but actually easy, to just flag it for different powers. It would make this item much more attractive with minimal effort, hopefully.
    Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
    More action at Champions Online Comics @ http://co-comics.webs.com
  • dontaskdontask Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Thats an excellent way to explain why they should do that. thanks.

Completely concur with these statements.
  • radioscienceradioscience Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I hope from a developer standpoint that expanding the gun's utility to other Powers is not only feasible, but actually easy, to just flag it for different powers. It would make this item much more attractive with minimal effort, hopefully.

We agree. Look for this in the next PTS update.
  • tigerofcachticetigerofcachtice Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Awesome, thank you for listening, looking forward to it.
    Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
    More action at Champions Online Comics @ http://co-comics.webs.com
  • maleb666maleb666 Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Awesome, Radio!!! Thank you very much!!! :biggrin::biggrin:
    eupmtpu59ppn.jpg
  • lordgarlordgar Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    We are currently pushing FC.31.20140828.8 to PTS.

Release Notes for FC.31.20140828.8:

Project Clockwork Lockbox

• Opening a Project Clockwork lockbox now fills in the first part of Lockbox Bonus Card Series 2.

• Fixed a mirroring issue with the male Project Clockwork feet.

• The Project Clockwork gun is now available as a Sub-Machine Gun, Shotgun, and Sniper Rifle.

• The Project Clockwork VTOL now has its correct icon.
    edited September 2014
    Every time we get a new weapon, I feel the need to make all weapon unlocks work for all kinds of similar power types should be fitted. The need for a tailor update of older costume pieces and their proper categories continues to grow.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ive mention this before with the Holoforce tights but...

Bug: Shading on tights
    Where it happen PTS
    What happens: The connecting upper and lower tights do not have the same shading.

ChampionsOnline_2014-09-06_19-19-25.jpg

and just to show the repeating issue

ChampionsOnline_2014-07-14_21-57-28.jpg
    edited September 2014
    Should we expect for those to ever get fixed? Honestly? The third color option on the Victorian Dress has been reverted into a broken version and we had to pay for those Christmas last year. They'll ignore this too.
  • kriss94kriss94 Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Bug:
    Where: Everywhere.
    What: The back of the female version of the Project Clockwork Wide Headwear piece wobbles slightly as if it has physics when the character moves, causing it to phase in and out of the character's head.

I suggest giving the Open versions of the Project Clockwork Eye Accessories the ability to have emblems so that they may match the closed versions fully. I also suggest adding the option to have "Glass" material emblems on the visors, so that they can look like proper patterns in the glass when used with the glass visors.
  • notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lordgar wrote: »
    We are currently pushing FC.31.20140828.8 to PTS.

[*]The Project Clockwork gun is now available as a Sub-Machine Gun, Shotgun, and Sniper Rifle.

[/LIST]

\o/ thank you for this, now the gun is turbo awesome!
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Please lordgar read the feedback suggestions of the automaton to make it better.
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
    edited September 2014
    We have pushed FC.31.20140828.9 to PTS.

Release Notes for FC.31.20140828.9:

Steel Crusade:

• Junkbots in the sewer have new costumes.

• You can now trade in your Pressure Suit for a beast leg variant.

• The two exploration perks on GATEWAY were slightly broken and have been fixed.
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    O em geeeeeee
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • megaskullmonmegaskullmon Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Beast leg variant? Huh
  • werx138werx138 Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Bug:
    What: The Project Clockwork Eye Accessory clips above the character's right temple when it is used with the Project Clockwork Bot Head Type (Full Helmet)

Bug:
    What: The Project Clockwork Wide Eye Accessory dips in and out of the Project Clockwork Bot Head Type (Full Helmet)

Both of these issues look like they could be resolved by making the Eye Accessory just a slight bit bigger so it sits on top of the Head Type instead of mixing into it.
  • werx138werx138 Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Bug:
    Where: Millennium City
    What: Set Unity Invitation as Primary mission, but arrow points up no matter where I go in the area. Changed Primary mission to another and the arrow returned to normal. Re-selecting Unity Invitation caused the arrow to point upwards again.
  • luesatchmo402luesatchmo402 Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    "My god, it's full of stars!"
    Where: wall to the left of the turbolift on alpha deck
    what happens: pressing against the wall and going into first person view makes large amounts of things disappear, including the walls on the other side of the deck. Nice for looking at the skybox, though.
    two lines of plain text
    the best kind of signature
    edited September 2014
    Bug: Most head pieces become invisible while wearing the Pressure Suit. This includes hair, hats and helmets.
  • thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ...I really want that Microwave head. The junkbot costume pieces are very shiny. Hopefully, they'll find their way into a costume pack at some point :)
  • toooldforthistoooldforthis Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    BUG: The two brain freeze participants (Louisa Kohl and Marty Levine) appear prior to the Brain Freeze mission on their tables. Once you actually start the mission, though, they disappear. This seems to have made it to live, unfortunately - wasn't the case prior to .6 IIRC.

(Also, they could both probably use better descriptions, since the 'normal civilian' one really shouldn't apply.)
  • meatiatormeatiator Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hello Champions!

I've seen a few bug posts regarding issues with the Project Clockwork Bot head. It sounds like a few players have attempted to use the Project Clockwork Visor along with the bot head.

I didn't expect that people would want to use the bot head with the visor, since the both head technically has the visor included. What are you trying to get out of using them both at the same time?

Thanks!

Meat.
  • toooldforthistoooldforthis Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    BTW, PTS has been closed for maintenance most of the day (and still remains so.)
    edited September 2014
    Also if i may also add good sir fix the tailor please?
  • kriss94kriss94 Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Also if i may also add good sir fix the tailor please?

Fix it how? What's wrong with it?
    edited September 2014
    Release Notes for FC.31.20140828.11:

Reawakened Automaton:

• Aspect of the Machine no longer has a periodic cost.
    edited September 2014
    The 4th colour dosen't show up till after you use it and also sometimes if you do one colour it colours the entire body as a mistake just the Tailor needs a few fixes.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The 4th colour dosen't show up till after you use it and also sometimes if you do one colour it colours the entire body as a mistake just the Tailor needs a few fixes.

might i recommend making a thread with all the things you think are wrong. Just saying, fix tailor...because some unnamed pieces don't color right, isnt helpful at all.
    edited September 2014
    meatiator wrote: »
    I didn't expect that people would want to use the bot head with the visor, since the both head technically has the visor included. What are you trying to get out of using them both at the same time?

Thanks!

Meat.

The best function I can think of using both is that you can have the visor a different material than the head. So the head could be cloth and the visor medal.

By the way, I'd like to use goggles with the visor so when I make the visor glass, my characters will also have an eye protection under it. For stylized reasons.
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lordgar wrote: »

Reawakened Automaton:
    • Aspect of the Machine no longer has a periodic cost.
    Well that's a nice QoL change, at least. I guess the lack of energy return is to be offset by not having an energy penalty now. Still don't like how this Form functions, though- PA builds like the RA AT need lotsa energy to be fully realized, and a toggle that doesn't grant energy and only procs off of killing blows just doesn't help w/ that.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
    edited September 2014
    flowcyto wrote: »
    Well that's a nice QoL change, at least. I guess the lack of energy return is to be offset by not having an energy penalty now. Still don't like how this Form functions, though- PA builds like the RA AT need lotsa energy to be fully realized, and a toggle that doesn't grant energy and only procs off of killing blows just doesn't help w/ that.

No. The change stated is so that it doesn't turn off when your energy is too low. It was consuming energy when the stacks reset thus turning itself off because of it.
    edited September 2014
    No. The change stated is so that it doesn't turn off when your energy is too low. It was consuming energy when the stacks reset thus turning itself off because of it.

Yeah I know; that's why I said it was a QoL change- cause that form disabling is quite annoying. I just meant that I assume they are not including energy return on it cause it doesn't have a 10% energy penalty, like the others.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • aurasonic12aurasonic12 Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Not sure how no one noticed this but there is a small bug with the new armor set.
    Bug:Project clockwork leg accessories isn't available on beast legs
    Where it happens: in the tailor
    edited September 2014
    can someone (prefbally a dev) explain to me how you are ment to gain a stack of Aspect of the machine in the following sicutations

In a team (blast attacks on the AT are too slow to get the killing hit)

Against a boss

In a duel

in anything that isn't solo mob grinding

I know you have to make harder to get a stack because of the boost it offers but there is a fine line between making it hard to get a stack and largly useless...and i'm afraid you've made it largly uselss for anything outside solo mob grinding, so maybe make it only have 1 stack that gives a large scaling boost off of str/ego (kinda like idf, but increasing damage rather than defense) and ranks increase the scaling on it...kinda like a passive actually

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
    edited September 2014
    Mental Discipline works like this, but has a flat increase instead of scaling, and an application limited to ego leech attacks.

I agree with this suggestion, keep the STR/EGO scaling, have only one stack with a much larger damage boost.

this will provide players with an alternative form which works equally on melee and ranged, without being tied just to ego attacks.

Eaither wqay AotM needs to be less useless for team/boss fighting

as i have been level;ing up the AT (to get the rocket punch, it's awesome) and in every alert, i've struggeled to get more than 2 stacks, and when the boss shows up i'm stick with 1

• jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    notyuu wrote: »
    Eaither wqay AotM needs to be less useless for team/boss fighting

as i have been level;ing up the AT (to get the rocket punch, it's awesome) and in every alert, i've struggeled to get more than 2 stacks, and when the boss shows up i'm stick with 1
    Since the bugfix this morning, I've found one way to maintain two stacks.

Rank the power up to 2.

Other than that, well, lots o' luck - I managed to get my stacks up to 3 during one Alert, but other than that the only stacking I've managed has been in solo content with lots of mooks.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited September 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    Since the bugfix this morning, I've found one way to maintain two stacks.

Rank the power up to 2.

Other than that, well, lots o' luck - I managed to get my stacks up to 3 during one Alert, but other than that the only stacking I've managed has been in solo content with lots of mooks.

but that's exsactly the issue, other than soloing stuff the the form is near impossble to proc to the point of uselessness.

• celiziccelizic Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Something that'd make this a lot more viable is if your stack duration was refreshed so long as you were in combat. So as long as you kept up pace you'd have no where to go but upwards in stacks, and you'd keep your stacks through boss fights.

Dying would suck. Cutscenes would suck gratuitously. Smash alerts would still be painful.
    edited September 2014
    I have realized that AotM is one of the worst Form powers. With high stats I can get it to grant about 20% per stack. But it only stacks 5 times for a total of 100%.

Other forms with high stats I can get it to go to average 15% per stack. Since those stack 8 times I get 110% total or much higher since I usually push 17% per stack.

The biggest factor is maintaining 5 stacks of AotM's Frenzy. Lets be honest that isn't going to happen. So at best with getting the Form to R3, you'll get about 60% total, and killing enemies will only hurt you since the stacks will all fall off and take forever to reset to 3. Just don't bother with it.

This Form is literally worse than Aura of Arcane Clarity. A power that is mostly worthless.
    edited September 2014
    So, they adjusted up the bonus per stack, but by cutting down the max stacks by almost 40%, they actually made the max total worse than most current toggles for their primary damage form?

Just checked this myself on my PH toon, since I already had the new powers unlocked:

@ 283 Ego:

AotM = 15% melee & ranged per stack = 75% melee & ranged max
    Conc = 12% ranged 6% melee per stack = 96% ranged 48% melee max

That would be better balanced if the form had a better trigger and if stacks refreshed the whole buff (the power lacks its own buff - the buff is from the stacks themselves, which may tie into that)- but def not as is.