test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Complaints about the new content

chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
we have 3 weeks to go, so we might as well list all the complaints.
(I was bored at work)
EDIT Note: once the patch is live you are not allowed to complain about any of these things, you have to have a different complaint.(Gotcha)

It's not really an update only a mission series
It's not what I wanted
it's nice but..
it's a start but..
If you don't fix/change this, I'm going to stop paying subs/not buy anything(still)
I have to play an AT (before I can cherrypick its powers for FF)
I have to level a character to level 40 before i can play an AT
I have to buy a character slot to play the new AT
The zen exchange is too high for me to get cheap zen
It's not long enough(my team of 5 maxed FF in Rampage gear did it in half an hour)
It's too long(for my level 6)
It's too easy (for my team of 5 maxed FF in rampage gear)
It's too hard (for my level 6 to solo)
It's not who I wanted to fight
It's in the wrong place
The mobs/minions are too easy/hard, too many /not enough
It's too silly/serious
I can't get all the drops in one go through
The drops aren't good enough
the drop rate is too low
the drop rate is too high
Why isn't this a rampage alert
I have to wait 3 weeks to play it
Why can't I use my vehicle(with PB and rockets in the space station)
Why can't I use my vehicle (with PB in the body we are trying to stop from burning form the inside)

why are you doing this as part of the anniversary event
why are we getting this instead of the anniversary event
why didn't you do this <insert number here> months/years ago
Why haven't full details of all fights or a walk through been published on Facebook/blog/forums
Why can't I just buy the drops in the Q/Zen store
It's too little, too late(regardless of what it is)
I haven't seen it yet but I know it will be rubbish
Why are you complaining if you haven't even tried it yet
it's no here yet
Lockbox complaints- generic, see previous lockboxes
1. It has bugs that will break some other unrelated content in the game,
2.that all of the new powers don't proc the appropriate Form and Energy Unlocks,
3.and that the costume pieces involved will have certain color and costume piece options removed well after we purchased them.
4. can't use costume peices on 'x'
What no new vehicles? I wanted a ....
they got rid of the backups/devices/dark aura
Voice acting is terrible
Why are there no space pirates/celestial ponies
It's too saucy
Why haven't I been damned yet(ealford)
Not enough popcorn for thread
No jiggle physics introduced(o.O I don't want to know and Sterga clarified it a few posts later)
Not enough robotic unlockables
I am here to complain about the lack of complaints on page 5 of this thread.as due to some moderation, page 5 does not yet exist
Quasimojo went for quantity;
"The new costume pieces don't work perfectly with every other costume piece."
"You're unfairly asking me to play game/spend time/money in order to receive shiny new 'x'."
"The update would have been 10X better if the CO playerbase weren't a bunch of crybabies/leeches."
"The portrayal of guns in a game offends me."
"By requiring some combination of dealing damage, taking damage, and recovering from damage, you are forcing us into the HOLY TRINITY."
"I failed to achieve total victory on my first attempt, so it must be TOO HARD."
"Whatever it is, my complaint is so important that I will make 50+ posts in 24 hours about it."
"It needs MORE COWBELL."
Ravenforce nearly did;
"All NPCs in this update are immune to Crowd Control effects and have over 9000% resistance to Ego Damage on normal difficulty."

"Gravitar has appeared with Frosticus and Kenina in the open world in ALL zones."

"Mechnanon's 200ft attack is Over powered and prevents snipe tanking. Or use of vehicles to make it a lolfest.
Nepht didn't check the release notes:
I have ice cream its awesome but its the wrong color U__U

Complaints about people who are complaining and who are giving feedback on the update.
complaints about people complaining and not being grateful

NInjapiff also goes for quantity
No invisible costume parts :(
Demonflame skull emblem doesn't work in chest wear
Most eye accessories and mouth accessories don't work in most "heads" sections
No helmets for bestial section
No slider for nail length
No fix for animation errors when using Mechassassin gun or Warlord gun on Ranged ATs (it shots from the base of the gun)
No new free CP
Rec is still not a third Stat for the invincible (instead of end)
Qliphothic (correct if any spelling error) is still unpronounceable
No horse body shape costumes
No evil fairies :(

did I miss any?
feel free to post answers and I'll add them in next to them(sensible is not required)
Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Did you include a "too little too late" style complaint? I'm sure someone is gonna use that.
  • wimpazoidwimpazoid Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    chaelk wrote: »
    it's a start but..

If I have to complain, I guess it will be closer to this.

But honestly, I don't expect anything much in the beginning (if indeed it's what this is).

If it's not too much to hope for, I wish for small incremental updates enough to keep players excited while leaving some development time to update the game as with STO's case (engine, graphics, UI etc), in prep for further expansion.

That will be all for my this year's anniversary wish.
  • xydaxydaxydaxyda Posts: 817 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Where is the "Why are all you people complaining before you have even tried it!?" option?
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    "These fifty dollar bills are wrinkled and not in sequential order!!"
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    There is no MORE TIGHTS!!! included with in it.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • hasukurobihasukurobi Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited August 2014

These are my only real complaints. I feel they are valid. I have a LOT of alts and the last thing I really feel like doing is grinding up a whole other character with a set AT only to have to delete them/reset them entirely to make them a FF.

Besides that part though I do not see anything in the release that is bad. It is awesome we are going to get another bit of story arc (which seems awfully serious btw) AND a boss fight with extra event style missions as well. Or in other words, as everyone has said, CONTENT YEEEEESSSS!
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Then now its a good time to get one of your alts to 40. Since if you allready have lvl 40's, you don't have to level a character to level 40 before you can play an AT.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My only complaint... IT'S NOT HERE YET.
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited August 2014
    Will it be considered terribly off-topic if I'll show my appreciations for this idea, as it's brilliant on a more than one level? :tongue:
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You forgot complaints about any accompanying lockbox.:biggrin:
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    What is also missing is the complaints for the inevitable bugs that will break some other unrelated content in the game, that all of the new powers don't proc the appropriate Form and Energy Unlocks, and that the costume pieces involved will have certain color and costume piece options removed well after we purchased them.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm complaining that the complaint list isn't complete of complaints!!

We just can't win!!
    edited August 2014
    Of course there will be some bugs. It's inevitable.

I have yet to see MMO content being completely bug-free when released.
    edited August 2014
    "What no new vehicles?"

Simply for the sake of list completeness.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Of course there will be some bugs. It's inevitable.

I have yet to see MMO content being completely bug-free when released.
    I have yet to see software - any software, in any development environment - be completely bug-free when it's released. And some bugs aren't discovered for a while, until someone runs across some weird input data that no one ever thought could ever occur so they never tested for it.

And I guarantee you that after the bugs have been ironed out of this new content, and it's been live for a while, someone will find some new way to break it. It's inevitable.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    *sigh*

Level a regen/epidemic or hurricane using freeform up to 39.5 . Should take you about 20 minutes, because PBAOE and hard to kill. when the new content drops, retrain into the new AT. Run 4 alerts. Delete character, replace with freeform using new powers. Hell, or keep it for costume contests. Whatever works for you.

Honestly, of all of the complaints, "I have to play the game" might actually be the most absurd.

Also, I'ma preemptively toss in "They got rid of the backup! devices!" I expect they might, and that'll piss some people off.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • helbjornhelbjorn Posts: 678 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    How has this obvious hyperbolic troll bait OP/thread not been edited/locked by now?

Oh wait, what am I saying...
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Voice acting is terrible. Even if there isn't any, it's terrible anyway.

Very disappointed in the lack of space pirates and celestial ponies.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • quasimojo1quasimojo1 Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It's a little too saucy.
    LTS since 2009. Author of ACT parser module for CO. Founder of Rampagers. Resident curmudgeon.

"Without data, you're just another person with an opinion." -- W. Edwards Deming
    edited August 2014
    Can someone just make this thread go away already
    edited August 2014
    It's not the thread it's the shanking inside. Thread was a joke. I know some of us got that.
    edited August 2014
    sterga wrote: »
    It's not the thread it's the shanking inside. Thread was a joke. I know some of us got that.

I blame myself, I did say there wasn't enough complaints. DAMN ME!
  • jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My complaint... not nearly enough popcorn for this thread...
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
    edited August 2014
    No jiggle physics introduced with this update.
  • bellatorrexbellatorrex Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Not nearly enough robotic unlockables!
    This money you gave me was old bills!

I wanted crisp new bills!
    edited August 2014
    No jiggle physics introduced with this update.

Package slider first. Jiggles for both.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    updated list to here.

celestial ponies? what about the body missions, platelet vehicles?

• iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    *Offers a hug to Eviltaco*
  • gtw891gtw891 Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Not a complaint but could this be away for CO to do a big stealth fix/upgrade/improvement of the game?
    edited August 2014
    Not sure that is the type of stealth fix being referred to.

I am here to complain about the lack of complaints on page 5 of this thread.
    edited August 2014
    xydaxyda wrote: »
    Not sure that is the type of stealth fix being referred to.

Nope. It's not. Still I think they know. :cool:
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Cleaned up some posts. Try to stay civil, guys.
    biffsig.jpg
    edited August 2014
    Now I'm really here to complain about the lack of complaints on page 5... as due to some moderation, page 5 does not yet exist.
  • ravancheravanche Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I won't speculate or complain about the new event, the AT, the AT's powerset, etc, because there is simply too little information to do so.

One complaint I have been hearing from my friends with Lifetime subs was posted by the OP: having to play an AT to 40 to unlock the powers for Freeform. In their opinion, the entire point of Lifetime was not having to mess with ATs any longer, due to them being watered-down or intentionally-crippled due to lack of self-healing. Thus, to them, being forced to play through an AT seems like a slap in the face to subscribers and Lifetimers.

My opinion on it is a bit different. I have always been of the opinion that the ATs were teasers, a test-drive character to entice F2P players to pony up for a Freeform slot. "Now that you've played a Blade/Behemoth/Etc to 40, imagine what you could have done if this had been Freeform."

So my opinion on this new, free-if-you-have-a-40 is exactly the same. It's a teaser for F2P players, not content for the subscribers. "Here, if you have a 40 already, you can play this shiny new AT. Now granted, the AT doesn't get access to all the powers in the new set, doesn't have a self-heal, but it'll give you a taste of what you COULD have, especially since you have access to all the powers on Freeform once you get it to 40! Sooo... doncha wanna buy a Freeform slot now?"

To sum up, I think it's a clever means of monetizing the new content past just a lockbox, as well as keeping people in the game longer. The longer people play to get the new AT to 40, the more likely they are to purchase XP boosts, keys for lockboxes, and so-on.
  • quasimojo1quasimojo1 Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Complaints:
    "The new costume pieces don't work perfectly with every other costume piece."
    "You're unfairly asking me to play game/spend time/money in order to receive shiny new 'x'."
    "The update would have been 10X better if the CO playerbase weren't a bunch of crybabies/leeches."
    "The portrayal of guns in a game offends me."
    "By requiring some combination of dealing damage, taking damage, and recovering from damage, you are forcing us into the HOLY TRINITY."
    "I failed to achieve total victory on my first attempt, so it must be TOO HARD."
    "Whatever it is, my complaint is so important that I will make 50+ posts in 24 hours about it."
    "It needs MORE COWBELL."
    LTS since 2009. Author of ACT parser module for CO. Founder of Rampagers. Resident curmudgeon.

"Without data, you're just another person with an opinion." -- W. Edwards Deming
  • tditstdits Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    hasukurobi wrote: »
    These are my only real complaints. I feel they are valid. I have a LOT of alts and the last thing I really feel like doing is grinding up a whole other character with a set AT only to have to delete them/reset them entirely to make them a FF.

Besides that part though I do not see anything in the release that is bad. It is awesome we are going to get another bit of story arc (which seems awfully serious btw) AND a boss fight with extra event style missions as well. Or in other words, as everyone has said, CONTENT YEEEEESSSS!

The free gold retcon token at level 40 should let you switch your archetype to and from the freeform archetype.

Cryptic should also sell conversion tokens that let you change an existing character slot (presumably silver) into a Freeform slot. This would be slightly cheaper than the standalone freeform slot, since you aren't getting a new slot, just freeform. This token would include the same one-time-only AT to freeform conversion option that players get when they upgrade from silver to gold. It'd sell like hotcakes. And people might well be more likely to get them than a Freeform slot, since they can buy the extra silver character slots now and upgrade them later when they have the dough.

WARNING: Not An Actual Internet Reviewer

• theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    "All NPCs in this update are immune to Crowd Control effects and have over 9000% resistance to Ego Damage on normal difficulty."

"Gravitar has appeared with Frosticus and Kenina in the open world in ALL zones."

"Mechnanon's 200ft attack is Over powered and prevents snipe tanking. Or use of vehicles to make it a lolfest."
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
    edited August 2014
    tdits wrote: »
    Cryptic should also sell conversion tokens that let you change an existing character slot (presumably silver) into a Freeform slot.

That would be awesome. It means not having to re-roll some of my toons later and get to keep my Key to the City.

Hey, I like my sniper tank! Sometime I just want to be lazy...
  • tditstdits Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    sterga wrote: »
    That would be awesome. It means not having to re-roll some of my toons later and get to keep my Key to the City.

Hey, I like my sniper tank! Sometime I just want to be lazy...

Yeah, I long since lost both of mine. R.I.P.

(That is what you got at the end of the original tutorial, right?)

PS. R.I.P. M.A.R.S. blocking tutorial.

WARNING: Not An Actual Internet Reviewer

• chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    edited to here

edited August 2014
    nepht wrote: »

That's racist yo o3o
    edited August 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    oh you meant a "ninja" fix or a fix with no patch notes.

I'd prefer they be more transparent and just give us the notes.

Yup on both counts. But I'll settle for the stealth fix.