test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Subscription (and Lifetime!) Sale

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Posts: 2,032 Administrator
edited July 2014 in Super News Network
Champions, we're pleased to announce that for a limited time only we have a 33% sale on all subscriptions for three months, six months, and lifetime subscriptions. Also, once you lock into a subscription, even if the sale ends, you can continue to use the discounted price on your subscription. You'll be able to renew your subscription at the discounted price.

Check out all the benefits for being a Gold Member here

Subscribe today!

~LaughingTrendy

PS: Stay tuned for my announcement blog where I'll answer all the questions about who I am and why you'll be seeing me around here a lot more often! ;)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    we had that last year. when the accts problems hit about april/may. the discounted subs were cancelled.
    The people involved were told they would be compensated and still haven't, as far as I know they also don't have their discounted price anymore either.
    http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=241321
    what happens if the computer goes funny and cancels the new discounted subs?
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    norry3norry3 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Why does it say 33% off of lifetime, but it's the same price I've always seen it at?
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,595 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Also, once you lock into a subscription, even if the sale ends, you can continue to use the discounted price on your subscription. You'll be able to renew your subscription at the discounted price.

This. THIS right here caught my attention. Anyone who doesn't want to go LTS but subscribe regularly are going to love this.

The only issue is the usual bill problems when subs lapse (it happens a lot) and if this can be used by people who already have months paid for and want to benefit from it beyond their prepaid months.
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Posts: 3,781 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    chaelk wrote: »
    we had that last year. when the accts problems hit about april/may. the discounted subs were cancelled.
    The people involved were told they would be compensated and still haven't, as far as I know they also don't have their discounted price anymore either.

I had my sub affected as you described but customer service restored my account to the proper ongoing price within the first month (before an additional cost was incurred) and it has been correct ever since.

On the other hand, I'm also not seeing a discount on lifetime subscriptions.
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The only issue is the usual bill problems when subs lapse (it happens a lot) and if this can be used by people who already have months paid for and want to benefit from it beyond their prepaid months.

It worked before that way - I'd be shocked if it didn't work this way again.

Basically you're changing your billing to a type that is only available for a limited time (and then it'll bill it that way once your current subscription option 'ends'). But once you're locked into that rate, it stays that way until you change it or you have to change your credit card (because you have to pick a subscription option at that point).

EDIT: I'm seeing the discount on Lifetime ($199.99). It's normally $299.99.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,440 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    LTS for Father's Day! Woot, woot!
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    now get your kids to pay for it:biggrin:

• Options
    quasimojo1quasimojo1 Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    chaelk wrote: »

Wow, way to immediately thread-crap a positive development with anecdotal problems from a year ago that happened to someone else? (And appear to be contradicted by gavinruneblade.)

I think the headline here is LTS goes on sale for the first time since around the launch of the game.
    LTS since 2009. Author of ACT parser module for CO. Founder of Rampagers. Resident curmudgeon.

"Without data, you're just another person with an opinion." -- W. Edwards Deming
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited June 2014
    quasimojo1 wrote: »
    Wow, way to immediately thread-crap a positive development with anecdotal problems from a year ago that happened to someone else?

"anecdotal"...

:rolleyes:

It's not a derailment or crap, to give fellow players an honest warning about something that may happend.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Well, I'm all for keeping them them honest and bringing attention to new/existing problems. It just seems like derailing new positive developments by continually pointing out historical glitches is somewhat self-defeating if you consider yourself an advocate of the game. But whatever, thread-crap away as is your right.
    LTS since 2009. Author of ACT parser module for CO. Founder of Rampagers. Resident curmudgeon.

"Without data, you're just another person with an opinion." -- W. Edwards Deming
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    if you consider yourself an advocate of the game.

It's not player's task to advocate the game or the company. IT's the company job.

I'm not sure why you insult people only because they don't act as they were on the company payroll?
  • Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Edit: Derp, nevermind.

A $200 Lifetime Subscription might be possible...
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    It's not player's task to advocate the game or the company. IT's the company job.

I'm not sure why you insult people only because they don't act as they were on the company payroll?

I don't think a player has to be on the payroll in order to evaluate new developments and promotions on their own merits. Giving positive feedback to positive changes and negative feedback to negative changes doesn't seem like such an outlandish concept to me, but I'm not going to argue with you about it any further.

Also, your definition of "insult" seems pretty nebulous to me. If you feel insulted by my humble opinion and were sent into a shame spiral by the idea that such persistent negativity could be counter-productive to the game and community, then I'm sorry..that you're so sensitive.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Well, isn't calling just passing unbiased information to other players a crap-threading or a negativity, a quite display of being oversensitive as well? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    mechafrog438mechafrog438 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Oye-vaye, I bought a lifetime subscription just the other week. If only I had waited. <shakes fist in the air>
  • Options
    devtrackerdevtracker Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Hahahahahahahahahahaha...No.

Sorry, but the game just isnt getting enough development to justify spending $200 for a LT sub. I mean, new costumes and a temporary event every now and then just doesnt cut it.
  • Options
    matrakasmatrakas Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Anyone else have issues when trying to acces the subscription link?

I get a a "Your web browser have no cookies enabled blah blah blah"

I go an enable cookies, and it still says the same thing
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    "I wouldn't pay full price for the game as it is right now!"

"Fine, have a 33% discount."

"I wouldn't pay that for the game as it is right now!"

Well then, that's why there's free to play. Free too pricey for you too? Ain't nobody told you that you had to subscribe. They just made it cheaper if you want to. I'll never get it, if you're that unhappy with a game, why the hell lurk and complain about it? It's not like you don't have options, give it a few months. If it still annoys you how they're updating? Consider maybe this isn't the game for you. I'm not saying pointing out that they botched the account thing because of a bug isn't a valid thing to point out, but the rebuttal (that people had it fixed pretty fast, and they offered the same deal a bit later on in case anyone missed it) is equally valid. I swear, this community sometimes. I lost out on a discount! And they reoffered it! And fixed it for people! BUT I WANT MORE! Yeah, we're not getting enough attention as is, let's just derail anything new we get because people lost a sale price for a month or 2, in some cases. You think people are mad about the sub-only costume pieces? Imagine if the only way to get a costume is to be affected by a random bug where you had to pay the same price as almost everyone else, instead of a discount which you locked in months and months before. Totally fair, no, I can see why there's a fuss about it.

Pre-emptive to angry lifetimers: The LTS just guarantees you access. Doesn't mean you have to approve every choice they make about where the game goes. I want more content too, but seriously. I just paid to play. I'm not a board member now or anything.

FWIW? I just got an LTS really recently. Said then, reaffirming now: Glad they put em on sale, even if it means I'da saved 100 bucks if I'd waited a month. It's quick cash that might help us, it's evidence that they're confident the product will last for a good while (which could be true if it works, see point 1), and more people with access to the shinies of 1k subscriptions and LTS is fantastic.

Also, hi new CM. Did you eat the turtle? Do we call you laughing or trendy? Can I call you ghingtren? I NEED ANSWERS. Nobody ran this past me, I wanna speak to the community manage... Oh wait.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    elementalistgaiaelementalistgaia Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well, isn't calling just passing unbiased information to other players a crap-threading or a negativity, a quite display of being oversensitive as well? :rolleyes:

Considering the affected player him or herself didn't care enough to point it out themself, no it didn't seem oversensative to me. If anything the speed at which you did it just makes you seem like the usual "People thinking good things about Champions? NOT ON MY WATCH" type that's so common around here.

Now I will grant that might not be that case, and if it's not I appologize. Maybe I'm over reacting do to how much I've seen of that kind of stuff here and in Zone chat that I might be jaded and jumping to conclusions, but honestly with how many people on this forum that seem to just legitamently hate the game (and double hate all us blind sheeple that are having badwrong fun with it :rolleyes: ) and want it to die, it's a hard assumtion to NOT jump to anymore. :frown:
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    If anything the speed at which you did it just makes you seem like the usual "People thinking good things about Champions? NOT ON MY WATCH" type that's so common around here.

Now that's double standards.

Considering the exchange basically started from the post like "people are NOT talking only good things in this topic? NOT ON MY WATCH". :wink:

People really should stop overusing this negativity card every time when they see post they don't like. Or reacting like a post or two could destroy the game.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Is there a problem with this or something?

the subscribe link takes me here:

https://secure.crypticstudios.com/champions/login

There i try to log in using my user and password but it tells me

Please enter a correct username and password. Note the password field is case-sensitive

over and over and over
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    devtracker wrote: »
    Hahahahahahahahahahaha...No.

Sorry, but the game just isnt getting enough development to justify spending $200 for a LT sub. I mean, new costumes and a temporary event every now and then just doesnt cut it.
    See, guys, this is how you threadcrap.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    stellariodragonstellariodragon Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    My credit card was issued a temporary hold after upgrading to a lifetime sub because the transaction was listed as occurring outside of the US. Cryptic/PWE might want to double-check what address is being used to process orders.
  • Options
    dr490nbr347hidr490nbr347hi Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    How long do we have to think about it?

@dr490nbr347hi / Playing since January 25, '11
    Display normal Internet behavior. Come and make fun (yes, make fun) of my PRIMUS page.
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    See, guys, this is how you threadcrap.

Atomic brofist.

h0C78AA5B
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    had2mergehad2merge Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well today I was "gifted" a Lifetime sub.

((looky green name))

So now I have a stack of old 60 day time cards I have to figure out what to do with.

Although I am in the process of moving, so it will be a while before the box they are packed in is unpacked.

But I can see me passing out some of these in the future, once I get set up in my new place and such.

And now I have access to all 40 billion gajillon toons at once. Not just half silver ATs and have Golds :)

So thanks Cryptic for the sale and thanky to my hunny for the Lifetime gift.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    matrakas wrote: »
    Anyone else have issues when trying to acces the subscription link?

I get a a "Your web browser have no cookies enabled blah blah blah"

I go an enable cookies, and it still says the same thing

Try using the link listed at the top of any forum page when you're logged in. The 'Want to go Gold or manage your subscriptions, forumname? Click here!' bit in yellow.

For some reason that link seems to work, while the one via the Launcher/ARC page does not seem to. At least in my experience.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    My credit card was issued a temporary hold after upgrading to a lifetime sub because the transaction was listed as occurring outside of the US. Cryptic/PWE might want to double-check what address is being used to process orders.

It's in Holland, the bank which does the processing, that is.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Is there a problem with this or something?

the subscribe link takes me here:

https://secure.crypticstudios.com/champions/login

There i try to log in using my user and password but it tells me

Please enter a correct username and password. Note the password field is case-sensitive

over and over and over

the login for accts, is a seperate login. secured.
    If you are getting the case sensitive comment, check caps isn't on by typing a letter in login before doing password.
    I hit caps when I try to type A.

Type slowly and make sure you don't hit enter to go to password.
    Turn off autologin , if you have it on.
    make sure you fill in the captha info.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Wow, way to immediately thread-crap a positive development with anecdotal problems from a year ago that happened to someone else? (And appear to be contradicted by gavinruneblade.)

I think the headline here is LTS goes on sale for the first time since around the launch of the game.

The player in question is only able to play part time currently. However, since you wish to only have those people directly affected by it, post about it. I'll send them a message and see if they can.
    me, i didn't have the discounted sub, i got hit with the other acct bug. My subs were stopped and changed to silver mid month. I had to chase that up.

NO, I don't find your comments insulting. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, including of what should be posted.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Try using the link listed at the top of any forum page when you're logged in. The 'Want to go Gold or manage your subscriptions, forumname? Click here!' bit in yellow.

For some reason that link seems to work, while the one via the Launcher/ARC page does not seem to. At least in my experience.

It might seem strange but i only get a link saying

"Do you like Free Zen?" for those Peanutlabs "offers"

No link about going gold
    the login for accts, is a seperate login. secured.
    If you are getting the case sensitive comment, check caps isn't on by typing a letter in login before doing password.
    I hit caps when I try to type A.

Type slowly and make sure you don't hit enter to go to password.
    Turn off autologin , if you have it on.

Yes, been checking both, my spelling, and the caps lock, in any other place i write, its fine

But the problem persist, maybe there are unseen forces trying to stop me from subbing or life-timing
  • Options
    iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    had2merge wrote: »
    Well today I was "gifted" a Lifetime sub.

((looky green name))

So now I have a stack of old 60 day time cards I have to figure out what to do with.

Although I am in the process of moving, so it will be a while before the box they are packed in is unpacked.

But I can see me passing out some of these in the future, once I get set up in my new place and such.

And now I have access to all 40 billion gajillon toons at once. Not just half silver ATs and have Golds :)

So thanks Cryptic for the sale and thanky to my hunny for the Lifetime gift.

Congratulations!
  • Options
    amarillonmcamarillonmc Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So I want to change my plans from Gold to LTS, and I got this message,
    Error communicating with PayPal. Please try again later.
    anyone has similar problems?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...the ultimate Contrast Moe (or not).
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It might seem strange but i only get a link saying

"Do you like Free Zen?" for those Peanutlabs "offers"

No link about going gold
    Okay, you're looking too far up. :smile: Try about two graphics blocks down, just after the part that tells you what thread you're in. The block reads:

Notices
    Want to go Gold or manage your subscriptions, yournamehere? Click here!
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    subspagelink_zpse823c467.png
    this bit, you are too far over.

Peanut labs you can use to get to zen purchase and NOT have to allocate to one game.
    1. don't log in to forums.
    2. click peanut labs.
    3. click purchase zen on forums menu.
    4. old zen purchase menu.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    oh, well , thats odd

I have this instead

Notices

Hello matrakas, Please note that, for a short period of time after account creation, posting new threads is disabled. You will still, however, be able to post replies on already-existing threads as you like. After this probationary period, you'll be able to create threads as normal. Thank you! -The Champions Online Team

Also

you all are talking about this link here, right?

https://secure.crypticstudios.com/ch...?sub_type=S-CO

thats the one were i cant log in, and keep on getting problems with
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    oh, well , thats odd

I have this instead

Notices

Hello matrakas, Please note that, for a short period of time after account creation, posting new threads is disabled. You will still, however, be able to post replies on already-existing threads as you like. After this probationary period, you'll be able to create threads as normal. Thank you! -The Champions Online Team

Also

you all are talking about this link here, right?

https://secure.crypticstudios.com/ch...?sub_type=S-CO

thats the one were i cant log in, and keep on getting problems with

No that seems to be an old Cryptic page. This page is what everyone is talking about here.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Thanks to all, but the problem still persist.

I quit
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    There is a captcha you have to enter and if it's your first time logging in through your browser you have to enter a security code that goes in through your internet. So if you are blocking captcha's and such well... yea that might be why you are having trouble.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    There is a captcha you have to enter and if it's your first time logging in through your browser you have to enter a security code that goes in through your internet. So if you are blocking captcha's and such well... yea that might be why you are having trouble.

I see the 4 letter captcha just fine.

But i dont see where to input the "Account guard" security code i got on an email
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    when you attempt to log in, it will come up with a separate screen, saying something like. "we have sent a one time code to your email since this is a new machine."

That should appear, after your initial login but before you get into the accts section.

that should have a space for you to enter the code.

YOu have to keep that screen open adn log into your email, I use mozilla for accts and IE to get my email, so I don't accidentally lose the screen
    dont panic yet, theres another 2 weeks to go.

• Options
    odenswrathodenswrath Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I did as well. Usually Paypal works fine. I tired again with a credit card and it worked perfectly.
    So I want to change my plans from Gold to LTS, and I got this message,

anyone has similar problems?
  • Options
    amarillonmcamarillonmc Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    odenswrath wrote: »
    I did as well. Usually Paypal works fine. I tired again with a credit card and it worked perfectly.

The point is I cannot use a credit card and the prior sub worked on Paypal.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...the ultimate Contrast Moe (or not).
  • Options
    skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited June 2014

anecdotal? contradicted?

excuse me, but Cryptic LYING about promising to compensate the people affected in order to get them to continue forking out money and then not keeping that promise is not anecdotal.

And i don't see how i've been contradicted because gavin claims to have had smooth sailing.

There were lots of people affected and who complained, We all don't get the same suport member this gavin may have had. However the one i had told me at the time nothing could be done to restore it as the offer was now over.. that's why they had to re-do that subscription deal to begin with, to open the channels for those affected to have to self-fix cryptics own problems. which is why compensation was also promised.

How you think Cryptic promising to compensate their customers that they affected and then not deliver is anecdotal is beyond me... maybe even so much as cryptic in itself.
  • Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited June 2014
    Also, hi new CM. Did you eat the turtle? Do we call you laughing or trendy? Can I call you ghingtren? I NEED ANSWERS. Nobody ran this past me, I wanna speak to the community manage... Oh wait.

Heh, Trendy's basically serving the same role as Dwight's been, with a lot of blog stuff, etc. I'm still in the same role I've been in for a while, handling mostly behind-the-scenes stuff.

I have this instead

Notices

I can explain that one. Forum vets will remember about... I think it was a bit over a year ago?... we had a ton of spammers on the weekends. This was one our counter-measures. For the first few days someone's on the forums, they're slotted into a probationary group, so spambots can't run rampant. The notice about going Gold only targets the main Registered Users group -- so new users don't see it, and neither do I, for that matter. :P
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    so what happened to Dwightmc, we scare him off?

• Options
    edited June 2014
    So, to sum up, now i know my problem is that when i try to acces through this site here

The account guard pop-up does not pop-up, even though my pop-up blocker is turned off

Jeez Cryptic, why do you even use pop-ups if everybody blocks pop-ups nowadays?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    So, to sum up, now i know my problem is that when i try to acces through this site here

The account guard pop-up does not pop-up, even though my pop-up blocker is turned off

Jeez Cryptic, why do you even use pop-ups if everybody blocks pop-ups nowadays?

It's not a pop up really.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    desirsardesirsar Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'd only intended to pick up the three month sub, but I'm also not seeing a discount on the lifetime subscription.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    desirsar wrote: »
    I'd only intended to pick up the three month sub, but I'm also not seeing a discount on the lifetime subscription.

Is this what you see?

JcYuE6z.jpg

If so, you're seeing the discount (as it's $299.99 normally).

And when I try to go to renew my sub (the link up at the top of the forum page goes here):
    https://secure.crypticstudios.com/champions/subscriptions/edit?sub_type=S-CO
    it works EVEN WITH NoScript COMPLETELY forbidding the page.

It's not a popup. It's not Flash or Java or anything else. It just works as long as I'm logged into the forums.