Install Arc
Options

Subscription (and Lifetime!) Sale

2»

Comments

• Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    is there another blocker(or cookie blocker) in your ack..braindead. (can't remember name) Security program as well as your browser..
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    had2merge wrote: »
    So now I have a stack of old 60 day time cards I have to figure out what to do with.

Have a contest with the cards as a prize? I'm assuming the cards just have a code you can mail to winners.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Posts: 3,781 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Finally saw the discounted price and now have a shiny new lifetime sub. Thanks for the sale and for the game!
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,455 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Click the Edit your Avatar link at the top of the page and near the bottom of the next page is a radio button to display the green Vanguard title.
    gradii wrote: »
    Gratz, you can equip your lifetime title... somewhere.. I forget where I did it try user control panel?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    stellariodragonstellariodragon Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Someone's now a lifetimer, wooo~!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    go to your messages area and edit signature
    sorry wrong bit, click on edit avatar,
    do you want to use your LTS title?
    is at the bottom

• Options
    rnaughtrnaught Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'm a superhero nut and CO is the best superhero game on the market, currently.

That being said, I have tried time and time again to like CO. I simply cannot get into it and enjoy it. It's the lack of content and the apparent lack of continued development past the next lockbox or a costume set. I want missions, lots and lots of missions.

I am an altaholic. There just isn't enough variety in the mission path to bother making alts and not much (for me) to do at the level cap. I don't PvP, I don't really care about getting max level gear.

Now, even with that said, I considered buying a LTS in the hope that an influx of money might improve the development of the game. Probably a stupid reason to blow $200, but I felt that something had to be done and if I wasn't going to be part of the solution, I was part of the problem.

I had almost talked myself into getting the LTS next week after payday when I got some news today that made me completely drop the idea of spending any more money here. I won't go into detail but suffice it to say that if things work out, my money will be going elsewhere and to a product that I *know* will fulfill all my superhero/content/altitis needs.

I hope that CO does improve and that those people that are enjoying themselves here continue to do so. I'm not "leaving" so much as just not coming around as much. I'll keep an eye out for improvements to CO, and probably even play some if the improvements are good enough.
    Make a man a fire and keep him warm for the day.

Set a man on fire and keep him warm for the rest of his life.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    3 years playing
    @kittykaboomboom and @cloudsatdawn on the altaholics thread, I also don't do PVP or gear grind.
    I chat to people while going round doing missions or completely ignore the missions when ZONED chat starts.
    Listen to the radio ( ANYTHING except that background noise.)
    Weird combos, I probably haven't have one of the larger collections of "don't do this" builds.
    Mind you, I work fulltime and only get to play short time each day, except weekends where its all day, after I finish cleaning.
    I sometimes manage to play DCUO for about half an hour, usually to spot a gold seller and report them. I have a loong ticket.
    You want limited missions try that one, make a hero and a villain and pick opposing mentors. You do the same missions from both sides.
    I'd like a few more things in game(no hurry) but if it happens it happens, if it doesn't it doesn't
    Hope you find something else to keep you happy while you wait.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    rnaught wrote: »
    I'm a superhero nut and CO is the best superhero game on the market, currently.

That being said, I have tried time and time again to like CO. I simply cannot get into it and enjoy it. It's the lack of content and the apparent lack of continued development past the next lockbox or a costume set. I want missions, lots and lots of missions.

I am an altaholic. There just isn't enough variety in the mission path to bother making alts and not much (for me) to do at the level cap. I don't PvP, I don't really care about getting max level gear.

Now, even with that said, I considered buying a LTS in the hope that an influx of money might improve the development of the game. Probably a stupid reason to blow $200, but I felt that something had to be done and if I wasn't going to be part of the solution, I was part of the problem.

I had almost talked myself into getting the LTS next week after payday when I got some news today that made me completely drop the idea of spending any more money here. I won't go into detail but suffice it to say that if things work out, my money will be going elsewhere and to a product that I *know* will fulfill all my superhero/content/altitis needs.

I hope that CO does improve and that those people that are enjoying themselves here continue to do so. I'm not "leaving" so much as just not coming around as much. I'll keep an eye out for improvements to CO, and probably even play some if the improvements are good enough.

I find that the biggest draw for me is the community. I have and still do enjoy CO, and I have a lot of friends in-game. Enough that I know I'll still be here in 2016. That was enough for me.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    skcark wrote: »
    anecdotal? contradicted?

excuse me, but Cryptic LYING about promising to compensate the people affected in order to get them to continue forking out money and then not keeping that promise is not anecdotal.

And i don't see how i've been contradicted because gavin claims to have had smooth sailing.

There were lots of people affected and who complained, We all don't get the same suport member this gavin may have had. However the one i had told me at the time nothing could be done to restore it as the offer was now over.. that's why they had to re-do that subscription deal to begin with, to open the channels for those affected to have to self-fix cryptics own problems. which is why compensation was also promised.

How you think Cryptic promising to compensate their customers that they affected and then not deliver is anecdotal is beyond me... maybe even so much as cryptic in itself.

I didn't say I had smooth sailing, I said that I had my discounted price revert to full, I filed a ticket and followed up and my account was fixed. I happened to catch it quickly so I was never billed a too-high price, therefore I dunno about any compensation.

Also, if the problem didn't happen to you personally, then it is an annecdotal report. Doesn't mean it's not true or not valid. And I so agree with you that my experience is not a true contradiction: that crypic treated me fairly is no proof they did so for everyone.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    Gratz, you can equip your lifetime title... somewhere.. I forget where I did it try user control panel?

If I did that then someone would tell me where to add a signature. After that it would go to avatars and finally end with Brou's and Nepht's living together...mass hysteria!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Gavin, before the argument starts or gets going further. Skcark is the person the thread was from. he's one of the people hit by it.
    so cool down SK.

• Options
    klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I spoke to my partner about this sale and he said: "It's not the money or the sale the problem, I want to see real development, even a foundry, before I spend more money into CO"

*shrugs*

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    chaelk wrote: »
    Gavin, before the argument starts or gets going further. Skcark is the person the thread was from. he's one of the people hit by it.
    so cool down SK.

I am chill. In fact, if you re-read my post, you'll see I specifically said I agree with him that my experience May have been different than his but doesn't at all imply his was invalid. And I specifically gave him support on two points: 1 I didn't have smooth sailing cryptic messed up my account also, 2 my post said nothing about compensation for wrong billing.

I felt my first post had been taken to be stronger than intended so I tried (and possibly failed) to be more precise. On the definition, I may have gotten posters confused (I forum from a phone so can't always see avatars/names), but I thought he said a friend had been unfairly billed. That's all.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    sorry my post was unclear too. should have been.
    Gavin/Skcark,
    before the ....

I typoe at about 4.30am

• Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    klitty wrote: »
    I spoke to my partner about this sale and he said: "It's not the money or the sale the problem, I want to see real development, even a foundry, before I spend more money into CO"

*shrugs*

Fair point.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Think they should give the lifetime subscription to every player who is still playing the game after a year.

If they sold subscription time with zen that might have been reasonably possible when the Q exchange wasn't so high.
  • Options
    skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I didn't say I had smooth sailing, I said that I had my discounted price revert to full, I filed a ticket and followed up and my account was fixed. I happened to catch it quickly so I was never billed a too-high price, therefore I dunno about any compensation.

Also, if the problem didn't happen to you personally, then it is an annecdotal report. Doesn't mean it's not true or not valid. And I so agree with you that my experience is not a true contradiction: that crypic treated me fairly is no proof they did so for everyone.

Uh.. re-read my post on page 5, i was talking to quasijo, not you. They were the one saying that your own personal issue contradicted my own issues. I was never aiming anything of what i said toward you.

So.. hope that clears things up for you a bit, there was never any argument or potential argument between us because my comment was never directed at you o.O