Let's blame Dwight.

Dwight is a butt-toot!
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    chaelk wrote: »
    we should fell sorry for him,

more classes per update,
    constant complaints about class imbalances.

we should send him a big packet of Minties
    heres some of the cartoons on them
    https://www.google.com.au/search?q=minties+cartoons&client=firefox-a&hs=may&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=fflb&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=18JuU-H1M4eakgXu_oCQAw&ved=0CDUQsAQ&biw=1366&bih=620

Hes a really nice guy. Each time he come on the forumites channel ima like beating him with the "when are you fixing pvp" stick and he takes it with good humor.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ravanche wrote: »
    IMO, as with all things, it was done to slow down leveling on Silvers, and to starve them specifically on Q. The free-to-play players would start a character, blaze it 40 using the Mega-D exploit, look around, then leave because there wasn't anything else to do. They skipped the entirety of the game. There would be no Zen purchases coming in, no AT's or Freeforms being bought, no vehicles being picked up.

The Q theory bears out with how high the exchange has gotten: an attempt to bleed the market dry of excess Q floating around from Silvers converting it to cash-free Zen, and buying all the content.

If you're Gold or Lifetime, you have your allowance. You wait a month (your allowance plus the amount from dailies) to get that new shiny, and Cryptic still makes a profit.

Silvers have no obligation to contribute or purchase. Now they do.

One problem with your theory. How many new mmos have you ever joined, and immediately known all of the bugs and loopholes to get maximum xp for your work? You could easily say the same thing, and actually be right, about the alert system. I'll bet we could count on one hand the number of silvers that found out about this trick early enough for it to make a difference.

That, and there's not a thing on the z-store necessary to actually play the game. It's a cosmetic thing, always has been. Even vehicles, the good ones are lock box exclusive. If anything, dropping the farmed g is hurting their pocket, if we're doing it this way, because less g = less people buying keys. I'm just hoping that doesn't even further jack up the price of keys, because we're already looking at a pretty debased Global. If we're lucky, people with a ton of G will figure out that less G should equal less cost for things. But, greed will be greed. Either way we go, it'll take a lot more than that to make silvers viable in our economy. Like Sterga said, I doubt the only *real* fix will ever happen, but I'd love to be wrong. Best I can do is just point out how much sense it makes, from an economic standpoint, any time this same recurring issue pops up.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ravanche wrote: »
    I agree.

I think it's less about their viability, and more they aren't the "press button, do all the damage" of TGM, and have mechanics that require a minimum of paying attention to.

"What?! I don't care about all the secondary effects or CC of the power! I want mega-damage RIGHT NOW!"

you do know that gentelman crush isn't on the champions team now right? he works on neverwinter for a while now.

edit: i see this was already addressed
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Just increase all Resource drops by one hundred times (increase the silver resource limit by 100 times too, and increase the Resource price of all items by one hundred times as well of course). Give it a bit and boom, everyone has just as much money as the current "super rich" and everyone's on equal footing. Just make sure to drop all items off of the auction house at the same time so that nothing can be purchased with "old prices".

An effective reset... and nobody can complain.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    True story: I try to price a lot of my sales around the g cap for silvers, just out of politeness. WITHOUT FAIL they're taken down or bought by a gold member, and immediately reposted for the current going price.

I know you can't fix greed, but it kills me a bit every time I see it happen.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    True story: I try to price a lot of my sales around the g cap for silvers, just out of politeness. WITHOUT FAIL they're taken down or bought by a gold member, and immediately reposted for the current going price.

That's our crappy "Auction house" at work, it's really a consignment store where the sellers sets the price. A real auction house would be far far better.

We need CoHs ability for a buyer to place a buy order.

Strangely enough, Cohs Auction house with real auction system, was in-game called "The consignment house". The exact opposite of what we have here.
  • Options
    xydaxydaxydaxyda Posts: 817 Arc User
    edited May 2014

I've noticed that too... kinda put me off on AH.

Now I'm more apt to give stuff away...but then I've always felt there really wasn't a whole lot you can do with globals anyway.
  • Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    iamrune wrote: »
    We need CoHs ability for a buyer to place a buy order.

CoH had the Ebil Marketeers that made sure capitalistic values were enforced on the AH by scooping up affordably priced items and relisting them for their proper exorbitant prices lest the Invisible Hand be made angry by the inefficiencies.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    ariesmajorariesmajor Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Or they could finally offer silver players an option to raise their global cap.

You know, like I've been begging for since free to play launched.

If we're going to combat this kind of inflation, the only viable option I see is leveling the playing field a bit. We will NEVER hit a point where the most expensive items cost 250g. Even in game that's highly unrealistic, since it's pretty laughably easy to farm to cap on a silver account. And it's especially important to sort out something like this, because right now we're tying the worth of our g to the worth of keys. Keys are a solid commodity, and therefore necessary for silver players to play in our economy without an increased cap. Unfortunately, that means that as keys increase in price, we're basically accidentally debasing our own currency. Lots of other goods increase to match, especially in the middle to top end, since the silvers have to buy the keys. I know if I have to pay 150g to buy a thing, I'm not acting like it's worth 100 in trade. buy 2 of em, you just threw away 100g, or you made the value of real G that much lower, since at this point we might as well be running a key based economy half of the time.

I feel like removing the cheap farming is a good start, but it's a band aid. It's time Cryptic realized that silvers cannot and will never be able to play in the high end economy with that cap. And any bandaids clever players figure out to work around it will without fail have a destabilizing effect on the economy. We're reaping the rewards of that right now, it's pretty obvious prices in the AH have skyrocketed over the last few months. I'm a bit more aware of this than most, because I lost my internet for 3 months. Stuff is WAY more expensive right now.

IMO, this is the only true fix.

^^^^^^^^ THIS, THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS.

You guys complain about economy, and I've even heard posts as to why silvers shouldn't have an option to raise global cap, but lets get real here. Silvers only have 2 options of buying high end global items.

A. Trade keys for it
    B. Make multiple trades of gold for it out of a hideout or guild bank.

B. Is not an option. As traders could be pushing anything, plus the seller risks losing their item if they trade first.

If you allowed silvers at lease some way to raise their global cap you'd have more people on the market to spend globals. On top of this, you'd have more silver players actually putting their high end items on the market.

As it stands now, if you're silver and you get an epic high end item, you can't enter the market with it unless you plan on selling it for 250 globals, or taking keys, then selling the keys for globals or whatever. Since most silver players involved in high end trades would rather just stock up on keys, (barring saving up for respects using globals) silver players don't need the gold. Because they can't spend it. And if the silvers can't give gold players globals for items the gold players then have to repeat the process of selling the keys off to other player in exchange for globals. Gold players don't have to worry about this because theyre already in the market 100% just trading globals in tandem with each other.

This cycle is repetitive. And goes into continuation.....that is until cryptic drops the ball and doesn't release another lockbox in a timely enough manner. If they don't release a lockbox the demand for keys goes down. If the demand for keys goes down, trade goes down, and globals go up (because globals will forever continue to be gained.) On top of this, your high end items do 2 things, they either sit on a gold members AH collecting dust because silver buyers have no way to access these goods. Or they sit in a silver players bank collecting dust because the demand for keys is down.

On another aspect, when the demand for keys goes down due to lack of box release or whatever, silver players start to accrue globals and stocking them away until keys become available from other players to sell, so the silver can turn around and use those as currency. If the silver had a way of raising their global cap......(BECAUSE THIS ISNT ABOUT HOW MANY GLOBALS A SILVER CAN HAVE BECAUSE WITH A GUILD BANK AND A HIDEOUT YOU CAN HAVE AN UNLIMITED AMOUNT) This is about how many globals a silver player can go to the market with and SPEEEEEEEND!

SILVER PLAYERS AREN'T SPENDING AND IF SILVER PLAYERS ARENT SPENDING GOLD PLAYERS AREN'T BUYING IT MEANS THE MARKET GOES TO A HALT UNTIL CRYPTIC RELEASES SOMETHING SHINEY, THE LONGER IT TAKES THEM TO RELEASE SOMETHING SHINEY, THE MORE INFLATED THE MARKET GETS THE LESS VALUE GLOBALS ATTAIN OVER TIME.

You don't have to be a stock market analyst to understand why things are the way they are, and mega D farming etc....people are gonna find the next best thing anyway....it won't change the inflation of globals.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Aries: Freaking spot on. Exactly.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Aries: Freaking spot on. Exactly.

Can you giave a tl;dr on what he typed?
  • Options
    ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Can you giave a tl;dr on what he typed?

TLDR: The resource cap on silver accounts is bad.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • Options
    iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    CoH had the Ebil Marketeers that made sure capitalistic values were enforced on the AH by scooping up affordably priced items and relisting them for their proper exorbitant prices lest the Invisible Hand be made angry by the inefficiencies.

Indeed it is so, but since anyone could place a buy order, everyone had a shot at the cheaper merch when it went on sale at fair prices.
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    iamrune wrote: »
    Indeed it is so, but since anyone could place a buy order, everyone had a shot at the cheaper merch when it went on sale at fair prices.

I'd hardly call it fair as the system would usually pick the highest bidder over the lowballers even if you set low. I know I made a lot of Infamy doing that.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    morigosamorigosa Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Oh, carp*, is that 250g limit still a thing? ...I think I posted a black talon become for just over that.

...Why yes, yes I did. Oops. Fixed now.

_____
    * Anyone who reads this now has my permission to hit me with a fish if you happen to see me in-game.
  • Options
    jedite2012jedite2012 Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Wow are they really trying to not get us to play?

They keep nerfing the stuff that makes us level fast

They are forcing us to just do quests to level but it gets so boring

Atleast give us new content so we have new ways of leveling and getting gold
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    They must be going somewhere to have Seattle-specific job postings show up recently.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    jedite2012 wrote: »

They are forcing us to just do quests to level...
    Oh my gosh, they're actually expecting us to play the game!! How terrible! Someone notify the Human Rights Commission immediately!!
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    mrlunkovichmrlunkovich Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Honestly the why Silver works here is a good part of the reason I switched my Subscription from DCUO to CO, yes I am a Gold and yet Silver's package is part of why I switched. Really the cap isn't a problem, yes you might have to spend time stockpiling Keys over time so that when you want something big you got something to trade for it but other then that it really isn't a big deal. Anyone that thinks CO's cash cap is hurting them and too hard to deal with, go play DCUO as a Premium or F2P( basically a Silver here ) and I promise you that within a month you will be back here hugging CO's cap and whispering sweet nothings to it.
    ~I'm a figment of your imagination, a mass hallucination, only real because you feel I am~
  • Options
    edited May 2014

No, of course not, why would you think something silly like that? They're taking care of problems that have been plaguing the game for a long time. The only thing they did wrong was to let those problems sit for as long as they did and let us get used to their presence and integrate them into the normal course of play as deeply as we did.

No, Alerts are still there.
    They are forcing us to just do quests to level but it gets so boring

So... doing quests is boring... but sitting there farming Megadestroids is.... not? Srsly?
    Again, I will point out the continued presence of Grab alerts.
    Atleast give us new content so we have new ways of leveling and getting gold

Or they could just add a statue in the middle of rencen that you can just auto-attack to get xp and gold... since that's basically the same thing as farming MegaDs.... since that's what you're missing... right?

I swear, I'll never understand why some people want to skip the gameplay to get straight to the rewards...

ashensnow wrote: »
    TLDR: The resource cap on silver accounts is bad.

I can agree with that... though to be fair, if they ever lift the resource cap, you can expect instant price inflation, but at least everyone will be able to pay the inflated prices :3
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    To be fair, we already have price inflation. Have ever since that global bug from WAY back in the day.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    To be fair, we already have price inflation. Have ever since that global bug from WAY back in the day.

Inflation can always get more inflated. All you need to do is increase the money supply. Yesterday's inflation is today's good deals and reasonable prices! :D
  • Options
    axenomeaxenome Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Or they could just add a statue in the middle of rencen that you can just auto-attack to get xp and gold... since that's basically the same thing as farming MegaDs.... since that's what you're missing... right?

I swear, I'll never understand why some people want to skip the gameplay to get straight to the rewards...
    It's a matter of using them as income. Or hell, just for kicks. If it has a health bar at all, you should be able to kill it. If you can kill it, especially as a tough fight, you should have rewards commensurate to the toughness.

Because the mega destroids were something you had to work for to kill. Reducing all the vehicle weapons to 100 feet? Perfectly fair. You couldn't farm them without risk anymore. Remove the rewards for killing them? Not fair. You want people to work for it, up their health a bit. Go ahead and slow their deaths by what, 30 percent? That's fair too. Plasma farming almost felt like cheating anyhow. If you have a problem with plasma farming, reduce the effectiveness of it against them. Hell, make it so plasma beam can't stack more than 25 times, regardless of the number of people firing plasma beams- it's not like 25 stacks of plasma beam is bad damage. Especially on mark 3 plasma beam.

Removing all rewards from an enemy is kinda ridiculous.

Here's a suggestion- and I know it's gonna sound radical- but why not have the resource reward and power of the mega-D's scale according to the number of people in Resistance? At 5 people a mega destroid could be sitting in the 1.2 million HP zone, and give out enough damage to crush anyone short of a dedicated tank. That would make mega-destroid fights INTERESTING.

TLDR: Fighting mega-destroids is sort of a rite of passage- a measure of bad assitude that had rewards along side the bragging rights of having a toon or vehicle capable of taking them on. Taking away the rewards makes this whole thing pointless and takes something away from the game- being that, without mega-d's to hammer, I no longer have a reason to dust off my plasma beam grav bike, because my power armor build is just that much better for every day stuff.

My $.02
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Or they could just add a statue in the middle of rencen that you can just auto-attack to get xp and gold...

Hee hee. NWN persistent world server I used to play and DM on, we used to make similar jokes about installing an lever that would grant XP when pulled on for the players would complain about not the slow level progression we scripted in.

One of the jails in the main town had a lever put in so that players could put themselves in jailcell if it fit the RP without having a DM around to port them in. We DMs would often call it the "Free XP Lever."
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited May 2014
    ariesmajor wrote: »
    (BECAUSE THIS ISNT ABOUT HOW MANY GLOBALS A SILVER CAN HAVE BECAUSE WITH A GUILD BANK AND A HIDEOUT YOU CAN HAVE AN UNLIMITED AMOUNT) This is about how many globals a silver player can go to the market with and SPEEEEEEEND!

This. And it goes even more hilarious. Because it isn't like silver accounts don't have amassed globals. They have, except rotting in their hideout banks. Unspent and growing, unless needed for retcons (but ATs doesn't really need retcons that often).

So, for now.. Not only silvers can't sink the money by buying anything off of the AH, thus passig it to golds who are more likely to burn it in the powerhouse, but also no new money sinks introduced would be of real use beacuse... Silvers.

That's hilarious. In a way. Great planning!!! :biggrin:
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    planning? what's that?
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    edited May 2014
    axenome wrote: »
    If you can kill it, especially as a tough fight, you should have rewards commensurate to the toughness.

True. Problem is, the game doesn't have a standard of power and as a result it's nearly impossible to set a reward that appropriately rewards effort for everyone, since some people will find it incredibly difficult if not impossible to solo them, and other people can do it while barely paying attention... for example while watching youtube videos and only ocassionally glancing back to the game window to see if they need to switch targets. It's also not difficult int he slightest to reach this level of power, and as a result this money fountain was easily exploited, and would be exploited more and more as more people bothered to hop on the forums to find a build that could solo mega-destroids.

"risk=reward" can happen here once we have a standard of risk.

To be honest, I don't see why anyone is bemoaning the loss of Mega-Destroid Farming. How can people one day be angrily demanding new and exciting content... then the next day be complaining that a boring, grindy, farmfest had the farming aspect removed?

If you found fighting Mega-Destroids fun, good news! They are still in the game. If fun was your motivation for fighting them, then have it it.

Fact is, this change actually benefits those people who would have to put more effort into fighting Mega-Destroids. Why? Because they're the ones who weren't able to take advantage of the money fountain. Those people who could easily sit there and farm them and rack up hundreds of globals in no time were the ones causing inflation by increasing the money supply; those people who couldn't do this then had to suffer the effects of that inflation because there was no way they could ever hope to keep up with the rate at which the money supply was increasing.

This change helps those people who actually want to play the game instead of using a copy-build and then siitting there and farming just to keep up with inflation. Combating inflation improves the play experience of the general population by removing motivation to engage in behaviors like farming, and keeps the game friendly to new players in the long term by removing barriers to entry in the in-game marketplace, and those are both things that Cryptic needs to get on asap.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,595 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Combating inflation improves the play experience of the general population by removing motivation to engage in behaviors like farming, and keeps the game friendly to new players in the long term by removing barriers to entry in the in-game marketplace, and those are both things that Cryptic needs to get on asap.

As soon as they fix the resource exploit from those years ago by removing the ill gotten gains from the more obvious players who were doing it, that would fix the inflation pretty damn quick.

But they didn't care enough back then to take the time to code in a search for the players making the most Resources and see those players earning them in an unusual fashion. Z, Z, tab, Z repeat for each item in inventory, Build Switch command, Escape, repeat is an awfully unusual way to make in game Resources. Especially when there's no mobs around the vendors.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I blame Crush for the extinction of the Dodo.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    kaizerin wrote: »
    You're not going to get a healthy economy printing money. Prices were already beginning to rise. The game already suffered a massive globals exploit that took years to recover from. While this one wasn't nearly as bad it was becoming wildly popular and would have lead to ruin.

What this game needs now is some serious money sinks to help get rid of the built up false globals. Auction Fees and respecs are not solutions. Too much money is being generated and not enough taken out of circulation.

Wait.... this is the first i'm hearing... what global exploit? o.o
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    nepht wrote: »
    i Blame Crush For The Extinction Of The Dodo.

He Stole The Cookie From The Cookie Jar!

SK, there was a bug where you could sell things and not actually sell em. It was really early in the life of the game, and it's a big part of why we have 2k+ global vehicles.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited May 2014

SK, there was a bug where you could sell things and not actually sell em. It was really early in the life of the game, and it's a big part of why we have 2k+ global vehicles.

I doubt that bug had any part of the 2k+ vehicles now as they stand. Farming of mega d in resistance caused that more than anything.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    skcark wrote: »
    Wait.... this is the first i'm hearing... what global exploit? o.o

The one mentioned several times in many threads about the in game economy.
  • Options
    edited May 2014

when you say early in the game... you mean like the first year then? cause i was getting the impression it was something major in the past year or so

vehicles have always cost that much, thought maybe people were saying everything was now selling for 10k and over for even simple things.

The one mentioned several times in many threads about the in game economy.

i only ever really say mention of destroid, but i mean the full details, when like which year, how bad was it, when it was removed, mega destroid was always like 20 Globals per kill and slow to farm that open mission when i ever did it
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    i only ever really say mention of destroid, but i mean the full details, when like which year, how bad was it, when it was removed, mega destroid was always like 20 Globals per kill and slow to farm that open mission when i ever did it

A few years back. It made players millions of Globals. Those players were never banned but the G cap was set at point where having more was impossible to earn past without exploits with how long the game has been online.

Yes. Millions.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Could just have an event where there is some sort of disease that makes the majority of the "super powered" population go insane. As a result the world stops trusting super powered people, and as a result everyone loses their Resources. Reset everyone's Resources to 0.

Then sit back and laugh at all the people who try to act outraged because their fake fake-money got taken away.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    A few years back. It made players millions of Globals. Those players were never banned but the G cap was set at point where having more was impossible to earn past without exploits with how long the game has been online.

Yes. Millions.

Umm.. any chance you can specify which year? I'm still having trouble understanding when this all happened.. before the game went to free for all? after vehicles etc? like some kind of reference point :S
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Specifics are pointless. This was back in 2011 or earlier. Don't know specific patch.
    Could just have an event where there is some sort of disease that makes the majority of the "super powered" population go insane. As a result the world stops trusting super powered people, and as a result everyone loses their Resources. Reset everyone's Resources to 0.

Then sit back and laugh at all the people who try to act outraged because their fake fake-money got taken away.

I'm down for that. See all those players try and buy as many things as possible to try dampen their losses. There aren't enough keys to do that. Make it so that there isn't anything they could really buy. Remove the sell back prices of vendor items. Make it hard to dump resources if you have more than 250,000G.

But this would only be acceptable during a game renaissance.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited May 2014

It's cool, ese.
    As long as they keep their hands off from my 2.3 Million Questionites.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    chimerafreekchimerafreek Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    It's cool, ese.

...what..why....Buy some FF slots already. or better yet, buy ME some FF slots o3o
    edited May 2014
    Specifics are pointless. This was back in 2011 or earlier. Don't know specific patch.

well i meant... which destroids are we talking about? the open mission have some odd bug? or the 3 that spawned near champs' HQ and dropped the backup! devices etc?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I doubt that bug had any part of the 2k+ vehicles now as they stand. Farming of mega d in resistance caused that more than anything.

Finally found something more specific... hey crpybuxom, if you're reading this... is this the thing you meant? I remember being able to do resistance for farming, but wasn't that collosi? or were the mega D's during the darkspeed farm also farmable for money?
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited May 2014

I wouldn't be outraged but I'd be annoyed having to farm up all the globals lost for the CCs we host.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ...what..why....Buy some FF slots already. or better yet, buy ME some FF slots o3o

Why would i buy slots when i get slots for free. FreeForm 4 Life. Yo.
    I have no plans spending the Q to anything, i just like to pour it over my sweaty body.
    Well, they could create Extra Special FlyingFinn Slots...
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Why would i buy slots when i get slots for free. FreeForm 4 Life. Yo.
    I have no plans spending the Q to anything, i just like to pour it over my sweaty body.
    Well, they could create Extra Special FlyingFinn Slots...

You should build a giant vault and put them all in there and then swim around in them.

Also be a duck.
    gradii wrote: »
    so, you force some stupid thing on everyone like that? I'd be outraged because of that assumed story being forced on me, forget the globals.

You're focusing on the story part of the idea? You realize I just threw that out there after thinking about it for literally two seconds because the story part doesn't matter right? The actual idea is the global reset... not the story. Wow.
    sterga wrote: »
    I wouldn't be outraged but I'd be annoyed having to farm up all the globals lost for the CCs we host.

Don't worry, you'd be happy once the reduction in inflation meant that you didn't have to farm as many globals to give out meaningful prizes.
    I'm down for that. See all those players try and buy as many things as possible to try dampen their losses. There aren't enough keys to do that. Make it so that there isn't anything they could really buy. Remove the sell back prices of vendor items. Make it hard to dump resources if you have more than 250,000G.

But this would only be acceptable during a game renaissance.

Yeah, in a perfect situation they wouldn't announce it beforehand and it would never get leaked, so literally overnight everyone loses their globals and nobody can prepare for it in any way.

And yes, a game renaissance... something we need.
  • Options
    selpheaselphea Posts: 1,229 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Why not just do a reboot that conveniently forgets about the existence of vehicles too?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    so, you force some stupid thing on everyone like that? I'd be outraged because of that assumed story being forced on me, forget the globals.

I'm suspecting your not a fan of progression, turmoil and rising above it into a greater tomorrow.
    It's cool, ese.

Questionite has nothing to do with the exploits from before.
    Yeah, in a perfect situation they wouldn't announce it beforehand and it would never get leaked, so literally overnight everyone loses their globals and nobody can prepare for it in any way.

And yes, a game renaissance... something we need.

What we really need is someone to go back into the records, find all that in game money that came out of nowhere and wipe it.
    well i meant... which destroids are we talking about? the open mission have some odd bug? or the 3 that spawned near champs' HQ and dropped the backup! devices etc?

The global resources exploit had nothing to do with Destroids or killing mobs at all.
    selphea wrote: »
    Why not just do a reboot that conveniently forgets about the existence of vehicles too?

What do you suggest should go into lockboxes instead of vehicles? We already have costumes and auras in there. So what else?
  • Options
    selpheaselphea Posts: 1,229 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    What do you suggest should go into lockboxes instead of vehicles? We already have costumes and auras in there. So what else?

It's a reboot. They get to rework characters from the ground up. Find something else to monetize :o

Gear would be a good start. Right now gear progression is flat because of the mod system. Go back to 3 Primary, 6 Secondaries but no mods.

Add good gear as drops for running content like Rampages and Lairs. Hyrg could drop some kind of Andrith-themed secs while Viko drops primaries. Therakiel could drop his own set of primaries while his homies drop secs. Have set bonuses for getting a full set of each or something. Same with Bronze King.

Put best-in-slot standalone gear in Lockboxes. They can be best in slot by themselves but fall short after accounting for set bonuses.

They could also have an Asian MMO-style upgrade system where gear can be upgraded to +10, and the upgrade process for getting a perfect +10 can either be a huge G-sink or Q-sink or something in Lockboxes could lessen the cost. And space the gap between upgrades so that price-performance conscious players are still incentivized to sink their G into upgrades, but can opt to stop at a certain point and still be competitive without breaking the bank. I believe this is what NWO is doing

Also, why aren't they skinning powers? PoE is doing pretty well selling cosmetics like that. Have it as a drag and drop mod slot when you open your Powers window. I bet the anime crowd would be all over an Ice Blast projectile reskin that shoots frozen flowers trailing twinkly petals and snowflakes.

They could pair it with type changes too, like the old power replacers. 2GM with laser projectiles and sound effects and a type change to Particle anyone? How about changing Fire Snake to an Ice-based Frozen Snake? An Ego-and-Crushing based Rimefire that applies or consumes Disorient?

If you think about it, since the game is about superheroes, customizing things about your hero should be more attractive than a non-customizable vehicle. That should actually net more sales.