test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So... about that promise of compensation via subsciption errors- Where is it?

13»

Comments

• Options
    skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So, have they compensated people yet? or have they hoped everyone would forget by now?

inb4 a staff member locks it based on "necro" but ignores the topic.
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,434 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Wow, almost an entire year since they promised compensation. That's pretty sad. :frown:
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Wow, almost an entire year since they promised compensation. That's pretty sad. :frown:

I'll take that as a solid "No" then.
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Just another company lie.
  • Options
    lafury001200lafury001200 Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm not sure if it's a lie, an oversight, an inability to get the billing dept tasked with dealing with CO billing issues to address the problem, or what. That being said for all the nonsensensical bs about this community being toxic, it's been extradorinarily patient on this front, and quite frankly, I've had enough.

If no one at corporate is willing to make so much as a token gesture, I'm just gonna initiate a chargeback and have done with it.

Now, the next responses will be from goons who haven't worked a day in their lives or have absolutely no concept of how economics work in the actual world. Go ahead and mock.

I won't be able to read it, I'll be far to busy looking for someone to help me customize my new sports car.

Cheers :)
  • Options
    tasittlertasittler Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm not sure if it's a lie, an oversight, an inability to get the billing dept tasked with dealing with CO billing issues to address the problem, or what. That being said for all the nonsensensical bs about this community being toxic, it's been extradorinarily patient on this front, and quite frankly, I've had enough.

If no one at corporate is willing to make so much as a token gesture, I'm just gonna initiate a chargeback and have done with it.

Now, the next responses will be from goons who haven't worked a day in their lives or have absolutely no concept of how economics work in the actual world. Go ahead and mock.

I won't be able to read it, I'll be far to busy looking for someone to help me customize my new sports car.

Cheers :)

Reread the bolded parts and see if the irony doesn't just scream in your face...

But as to the question you asked before getting needlessly derisive, PWE's billing is also notoriously bad for either over compensating people or ignoring a matter and hoping the players simply forget and move on. I fully support your right to do a charge back. However, I'd double check the conditions since at this point based upon the initial post in the thread you might be facing a time limit issue.
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Oh look, this thread again.

Honestly, they immediately did a discount on the 3 month subscriptions right after the event happened, thereby ensuring that people who lost their discounts could continue to play. I mean, what else is needed? The apologized, then offered the same sale so that even people who previously missed it could take advantage.

Pretty darn magnanimous if you ask me. What else did you want?
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    edited May 2014

Honestly, they immediately did a discount on the 3 month subscriptions right after the event happened, thereby ensuring that people who lost their discounts could continue to play. I mean, what else is needed? The apologized, then offered the same sale so that even people who previously missed it could take advantage.

OH look, this fanboy again.

They did not immediately bring the discounted price back to re-subscribe to it. it took them a couple months after May when it first happened and were trying to pass it off as all the players or their banks just happened to start causing these errors and that it wasn't related to anything on their own side.

What else is needed? What's needed is they keep their word. Yes, they eventually did bring back the discounted deal for us to re subscribe at, as well as opened the doors for others who weren't suffering from this issue to begin with, so really.. the only people who won out from this are people weren't even affected..

However, there is a difference between fixing an issue, and promising compensation for our troubles. If you go to a store, and buy a product, and drive for 2 hours to get home, only to find they gave you the wrong colour/size/whatever it may be, but the point is the store definitely were the ones to get it wrong, not you and have to drive all the way back.. having the fix their mistake is an obvious no brainer. If they said over the phone they'd compensate you for your trouble too, you'd expect more than it just being fixed, because that's an obvious resolution to the problem, the promised compensation could be covering the cost of fuel to drive all the way back, plus the time wasted.

Point is. Compensation is the addition after fixing the problem, to make up for the hassle.
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yeah, no. Fanboy? It doesn't make me a fanboy that I spend money to support a game I like. It doesn't make me a fanboy that I have fun playing it. It sure as *hell* doesn't make me a fanboy to point out the fact that this thread has been necroed about 8 times already, and that they brought back the promotion so those impacted could get reparations. But, I'm sure it took them literally a minute to ask the bean counters if it was ok to do, and there was no red tape to get through. You're right, they should have taken care of you instantly.

I'm sorry, I missed the part where you had to drive anywhere to get your sub to champions. Or where it was guaranteed that you'd get continual service without any interruptio... Oh wait, that's specifically mentioned to not be the case in the TOS. Or where you were permanently guaranteed your discounted ra... Oh right, that's not in any of the print either, it was a promotion. But no, please. Keep necroing your thread.

Phht. Imagine what Blizzard would do if a promotional price was somehow accidentally blocked because of a bug. I'm sure they'd be ALL OVER IT. :rolleyes:
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm sorry, I missed the part where you had to drive anywhere to get your sub to champions. Or where it was guaranteed that you'd get continual service without any interruptio... Oh wait, that's specifically mentioned to not be the case in the TOS. Or where you were permanently guaranteed your discounted ra... Oh right, that's not in any of the print either, it was a promotion. But no, please. Keep necroing your thread.

According to the original message shared, it seems like these people are due some compensation. Don't shoot down their concerns because you like the game.
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Aside from the promise that was made, when they originally started talking about compensation they said that giving players a chance for the 3 month discount was not the compensation they were planning.

Since some of the players had their sub cancelled while they still had play time, I would imagine they would like that time lost, that they had already paid for, back.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Yeah, no. Fanboy? It doesn't make me a fanboy that I spend money to support a game I like. It doesn't make me a fanboy that I have fun playing it. It sure as *hell* doesn't make me a fanboy to point out the fact that this thread has been necroed about 8 times already, and that they brought back the promotion so those impacted could get reparations. But, I'm sure it took them literally a minute to ask the bean counters if it was ok to do, and there was no red tape to get through. You're right, they should have taken care of you instantly.

Phht. Imagine what Blizzard would do if a promotional price was somehow accidentally blocked because of a bug. I'm sure they'd be ALL OVER IT. :rolleyes:

It makes you a fanboy by the simple fact that you blatantly attack me because i expect Cryptic to keep their word.

It makes you a fanboyby the fact you miss the entire point of an example. If all you got out of it "driving two hours" then i have concerns about your IQ. The point of it was if someone inconveniences you, fixing the situation is a no brainer (before your empty skulled head asks, "no brainer" is another word "obvious" ), depending on the context, compensation is not needed, however if the person PROMISES compensation, then unless they deliver it is a LIE

You're right though. there's no ToS about continual service. so what? this has NO relevance with the fact they made a promise then LIED about it.

But hey... I'm sure they made a ToS where the idiot fanboys like you are never wrong, right?
  • Options
    jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    That last one should probably be enough to get the lock, yeah?
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    jonesing4 wrote: »

I should think so too.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    jonesing4 wrote: »

On what basis?
  • Options
    towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    skcark wrote: »
    On what basis?

Your hostility towards others in this thread.

Your repeated necros of this thread.

Your insistence on keeping this argument going on the forums instead of using the proper channels to work this out with PWE.

Turning this thread into a "they lied" ****pile.

Any one of these is grounds to getting this locked. All four of them, at once? You'll be lucky if this remains open by the close of business today.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Your hostility towards others in this thread.

Your repeated necros of this thread.

Your insistence on keeping this argument going on the forums instead of using the proper channels to work this out with PWE.

Turning this thread into a "they lied" ****pile.

Any one of these is grounds to getting this locked. All four of them, at once? You'll be lucky if this remains open by the close of business today.

1. My hostility toward others? That's a laugh, chalupa was the first one to bring any hostility, but you conveniently overlook that, guessing you're taking sides there.

2. only been about 3 bumps over a period of time, but honestly this whole "anti-necro" regime is senseless anyway with the blanket rule after 30 days it's against the rules, it shouldn't be a blanket rule but left to judgement.

3. my insistence of what argument? where is the argument in "hey cryptic, where's the compensation you promised us?" unless you mean the argument that chalupa STARTED but you are accusing me of doing instead?

4. I did no such thing. All i did was simply post in a relevant thread "so did cryptic ever keep their word?" But i imagine even if i did create an entirely new thread, outlining the details of what happened, and asked whether they kept their word, someone like chalupa would still start the argument that you're accusing me of when really, all i did was ask if they finally fullfilled their promise yet, where he made it into an argument about it being okay for cryptic to make promises and break them

Even if this does get locked, at least then they can't deny not seeing it. so thanks for that veiled threat
  • Options
    nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    A year later and still the promise is unfulfilled?

Well I guess this game does have a villain side after all.
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm going to close this. This thread has gotten old, and too long, and with too much fighting.

In the future, I urge you to not fight back if you're provoked, and just report a post, and refrain from insulting other members, even if they've taken an opposing stance. Nothing invalidates a solid argument better than throwing insults.

Chances are that a Cryptic employee won't want to read through this mess, and will call it a day as soon as they read the petty arguing.

If you want to start the thread again, feel free, but I think a more useful approach would be to gather with other people interested in seeing a compensation for the billing issues, and contact the billing team at the same time. If they've ignored the requests before for some reason, maybe a significant amount of people submitting the same request will help.
    biffsig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.