test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maintenance tomorrow, Thursday 5/8 7 AM PDT

dwightmcdwightmc Posts: 95 Arc User
edited June 2014 in Release Notes
Hey everyone,

We'll be performing maintenance tomorrow 5/8 at 7am PDT (Pacific). The estimated downtime is 1-1.5 Hours but may be extended due to unforeseen circumstances.

Patch are available here: http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/champions-online/detail/5003213-release-notes%3A-05%2F08%2F14

Thanks,

Dwight

Update 1 (7:06 AM PDT) Maintenance has begun.
Update 2 (7:20 AM PDT) Patch notes added.
Update 3 (8:32 AM PDT) Maintenance has completed. Welcome back Champions!
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Patch notes:

New content!

Participate in zone chat with any level and any team size and fight about the state of the game all day.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • lilsteffielilsteffie Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Probably some new stuff from the PTS or something o3o...

*sips hot chocolate as he waits for the maintenance*
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Handle:@XG3NX

Champions Online.. where we sell lockboxes by the dozen.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This patch cannot happen soon enough. Apparently the arcgames site is having serious troubles as well as logging onto your own accounts and managing billing info, let alone the main page loading at all.
  • circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This patch cannot happen soon enough. Apparently the arcgames site is having serious troubles as well as logging onto your own accounts and managing billing info, let alone the main page loading at all.

what? what you mean..I see no troubles? Arc logged me in fine when I start it and CO works just fine, and I did buy zen yestday so whats the deal?
    Psi.
  • circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Also I'm not sure what type of new content we are getting or so, but if its the new lockbox stuff and such from the PTS Updates then why just are we thowning it on the live where clearly lots of people have reported bugs?.

Just saying but that's almost if the devs don't care and are just pushing things on without fully testing them. But hay I chuold be wrong it might be something else we don't kown.
    Psi.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    are just pushing things on without fully testing them.

Well, that would be outright silly.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    New Patch Notes: No new bug fixes.
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
  • kirsroskirsros Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I love how everyone in this community is complaining about the updates. At least they're updating the game.
  • atompenguinatompenguin Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    He's right. We should be thankful that the lockbox system and pay store is getting an update. And that those pesky Q boxes that drop from enemies don't drop as much.

A solid update.
    -Campaign: Spells and Coin
    --Part 1: Spells and Coin (NW-DHM3XQVQK)
    --Part 2: A Blind Eye (NW-DI3QTHZGJ)
    --Part 3: Dodo's Dinner (NW-DHPA8O253)

-One Shots
    --The Wizard of Eldeur (NW-DRKQNE4S7)
    edited May 2014
    He's right. We should be thankful that the lockbox system and pay store is getting an update. And that those pesky Q boxes that drop from enemies don't drop as much.

A solid update.

What, sad because you can't exploit the Serpent Lantern/Whiteout Q drops anymore?
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    work

I think thats the whole problem.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited May 2014
    CO has questionite system?

Where? Can't see any.

What we have is just pathetic, comparable to STO dilithium system. Our only valid way of getting Q is alert daily. Meanwhile in STO you have multiple ways of earning dilithium.

And let's not even touch NW and their ways of getting astral diamonds.

In STO or NW if the rate of Zen exchange needs to be kept high, there is something new released, something that makes Zen in more demand, thus raises amount of Zen per one point of ingame currency.

In CO, high exchange rates are kept by limiting ways of getting Questionite. Because doing anything else would require *gasp!* adding something to the game.
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    and get a measly 2000q for like more than an hour of work? why bother anymore?
    When I was soloing Whiteout (thus getting the intended Q box drops), I'd typically end up with 3500-4000 Q-nite between the Q boxes and mission reward. Sometimes more if my luck hits good with the Q boxes. That's about half the normal daily refining limit. Not bad really.
    What we have is just pathetic, comparable to STO dilithium system. Our only valid way of getting Q is alert daily. Meanwhile in STO you have multiple ways of earning dilithium.

And let's not even touch NW and their ways of getting astral diamonds.

I'll agree with you that it'd be nicer if we had more ways of getting Q-nite. I especially like in NW you can get a good amount via Leadership Profession. NW you've even got a higher refining limit! But on the flipside, there are more sinks in NW for their Astral Diamonds. We lack some worthwhile Q-nite sinks in CO to keep inflation in check.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• lilsteffielilsteffie Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Great update. Now i see no reason to even go for alerts anymore other than dailies.. no other way to get Q-nite .. now that they've lowered it i have even less incentive to play.

And why did you remove the Q-nite boxes from those bosses such as Kevin Poe? You can only do the mission once so ... Thats a little silly.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Handle:@XG3NX

Champions Online.. where we sell lockboxes by the dozen.
  • fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    lilsteffie wrote: »
    And why did you remove the Q-nite boxes from those bosses such as Kevin Poe? You can only do the mission once so ... Thats a little silly.

Actually, a very easy way to farm boxes was to simply sprint through the level, since none of the enemies scaled with you (That is, the Westside arc though.) and smite Poe in one or two hits, grab the box, and leave without disabling the bomb.

Repeat as necessary for moneyz.

Economic update. Interesting. Gonna miss Resistance farming but, it had to be done.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
    edited May 2014
    kallethen wrote: »
    We lack some worthwhile Q-nite sinks in CO to keep inflation in check.
    You mean, like ridiculously overpriced secondaries and vehicle weapons? Or paying in Q every time when you have to reslot your primaries with new FF build? :rolleyes:

Riiight...

Great update Cryptic. You rock at making the game better and better.

I'm looking forward to the future.
  • enixonbbenixonbb Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Personaly Nemcon always seemed to work better for Q farming for me than Whiteout anyhow.

Whiteout: ~1.5 hours 20 boxes+2000
    Nemcon: ~20 minuets 9 boxes (or ~30 for 10 if the group decided to go after Shadow Destroyer)

so in the time of one Whiteout run I'd get about 36 boxes give or take.
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Just saw the Patch Notes. Gotta say I'm a little disappointed with some of the "bug fixes". Now Baron will be added to those "don't bother queing for this villain" alert since he no longer gives q box. There are a lot of bosses that don't drop q box and they had to do this?

Also, in the Resistance... Not sure if anyone actually kills the Mega Ds there unless they have to... but taking away the xp and resources just makes the Adventure pack a little less rewarding.

To be honest, I don't know if these "fixes" can benefit us at all. I wonder what Cryptic North was thinking...
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • highrealityhighreality Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    No more XP or resources on mega destroids. This is gonna anger quite a lot of people. It IS good for the game though, even if I hate to admit it.

Because yes, that's where most of the game's resources come from, apart from the 4 years old resource glitch.

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015
    edited May 2014
    You mean, like ridiculously overpriced secondaries and vehicle weapons? Or paying in Q every time when you have to reslot your primaries with new FF build? :rolleyes:

Riiight...

Great update Cryptic. You rock at making the game better and better.

I'm looking forward to the future.

First, I didn't say there weren't any. I was meaning there aren't any good ones that I would spend Q-nite on time and time again. A lot of those are buy once and you're done. And as far as rebuilding FFs? I doubt the majority constantly change their FFs so much that they need to always be swapping out mods (and if you have rank 6 or less just burn the mod, it's probably cheaper to acquire a new one).

So once you have your gear, your vehicles pimped out, any costumes and travel powers from the Q-store you want... then what?

• aurasonic12aurasonic12 Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I can understand whiteout, resistance, etc. BUT Nemcon really? that was the only incentive to go there after on alert hit. Before on alert hit it was for the costume pieces from there now with this patch nemcon runs are going to run to a halt.
    edited May 2014
    kallethen wrote: »
    So once you have your gear, your vehicles pimped out, any costumes and travel powers from the Q-store you want... then what?

Then what?

Then we're back to what I did mention:
    In CO, high exchange rates are kept by limiting ways of getting Questionite. Because doing anything else would require *gasp!* adding something to the game.

Hell iself will collapse before CO will improve with this kind of management.
  • highrealityhighreality Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Overall, we're given less things to farm, so less long term objectives, less reasons to play the game. The removal of crafting went the same way. This game is going further and further towards a Dress-a-doll game, but with lockboxes.
    Yes I'm fueling the fire.
    I think the worst part is that they put these changes under "bug fixes". Attaching rewards to big ennemies, yeah that's a bug.

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015
  • cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hell iself will collapse before CO will improve with this kind of management.

Oh I like this. I like this a lot.
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
  • tfavsb10tfavsb10 Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Whos bright idea wasmit to declare mega destroids in resistance shouldnt drop rec or xp at alll, as if getting a team to even fight them was hard enough now the rewards for managing to kill them for the perk will be even harder now that the perk is all they get out of it..... way to go cryptic, not only did you screw that up, you removed questionite drops from baron von cemetirer and poe too... yay... let me guess the number of Q drops was decresed significantly too... making exchanging zen the only way to get it, you know Q farms wherent half bad... why get rid of the one reason we all flocked to baron, every time he appeared.? You people have really lost your marbles now... thats not a bug fix thats content removal...
  • xydaxydaxydaxyda Posts: 817 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm a little sad they took away the qbox from Baron Cimetiere alerts. Always knew it was possibility though.

None of the other fixes really effect my gaming experience. Sucks for the farmers I guess, but really some of these things were just plain being exploited.
  • tfavsb10tfavsb10 Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    kirsros wrote: »
    I love how everyone in this community is complaining about the updates. At least they're updating the game.

Thier removing reasons to play...
  • kunkanekokunkaneko Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    tfavsb10 wrote: »
    Thier removing reasons to play...

Agreed. Very disappointing patch notes. Meanwhile, things like "Bullet for Biselle" remain broken, indefinitely...
    edited May 2014
    tfavsb10 wrote: »
    Whos bright idea wasmit to declare mega destroids in resistance shouldnt drop rec or xp at alll, as if getting a team to even fight them was hard enough now the rewards for managing to kill them for the perk will be even harder now that the perk is all they get out of it.....

There was a way you can exploit the Mega Ds to kill them via destroying the terminal that would still grant rewards. I'm guessing this was the intention behind removing the rewards. It would have been better to fix the exploit directly, but I'm guessing that would be much more complicated to pull off.

• chimerafreekchimerafreek Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    You know. Plasma burn Still doesn't Refresh correctly, and Aspect of the bestial R2/3 don't grant the static stacks of enraged they're supposed to. Those are bugged. any chance those will get looked at? orr.....?

..No? Just gonna 'fix' Enemies dropping Q-boxes, and Mega D's granting Xp and G's? Those are worth 'fixing'? Things no one asked for or wanted to be 'fixed'?

Why do we even have a suggestion forum if everything posted in it is just going to be ignored?
    Yes, because all programming jobs are equally easy. Rooting out a glitch that's been affecting a frankly minor open-world mission for years now is every bit as simple as removing an unintended loot drop in an Alert. It's not like any of the folks who used to code for Cryptic were ever guilty of spaghetti coding, right? :rolleyes:

And honestly, if your only reason for running Alerts was to grind Q, I don't think you quite understand what they were trying to get at with them...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It's one thing to plug the mega-D exploit, but nemesii? Because we want to make the player created content system even less special?

Hopefully this report is inaccurate. Giving people fewer incentives to play when the server pop is this low is counterproductive, and honestly, very depressing.

I know you may want players to buy more zen. But players need in-game incentives to keep playing, and they won't buy zen for a game they're not playing. It's part of the basic psychology that governs player behavior, good old BF Skinner. Remove the reward from the machine, and the rat will stop pushing the button. In this case, pushing the button is logging into the game. Depressing as it may seem, the ingame rewards are necessary, and we've made Q a bit part of those.

Again, I hope this has just been misreported. If it hasn't, please reverse this change ASAP or replace it with another way to earn Q in game for those players who don't enjoy grinding Alerts.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • in54ni7yyin54ni7yy Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Waaaaaaaaaait, wait wait wait wait... They removed Q drops from Nemesis? Like...we are gonna do nemcon without nemesises drop Q box?
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    As much as you hate it your not playing the content, you're just farming it to just making profit, not complete the content, what ever happen to just playing it thru, deal with it?
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • sammiefightersammiefighter Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yeh I see how poe and big T were an unintended glitch, and their years of drops was a result of Cryptic's habbit of releasing half-assed incomplete content and walking away. Nemisis, and end-bosses do seem to be something that should drop Q, and at some point "glitch" becomes status quo.

Worse this probably hits the AT/FTP crowd hardest, you know the guys other people buy zen for and get Q with. Plus the fact that they really shoudn't be removing *cough* "content", however slim it is. While Q:Zen ratio is terrible, kinda shooting yourself in the foot cash wize.

On the topic of Resistance, they are fixing one G farm .. but didn't they just release Vehicle G-Farm 2.0? Should we start poking the bear calling the game "pay to exploit"?
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Mixed bag feelings on this. Yes Poe and Turzogat were exploitable. And the Mega-D's were easy to farm if you had two players with vehicles (i.e. Plasma Beam). If you logged in during bonus xp or bonus resource hour (plus had some XP or Resource Buffs active), you could make a killing.

So they fixed the exploit.. which I guess is good. :confused:

The downside. If you have a vehicle running non-stop outdoor missions during Q-hour can net you a pretty penny still. Just take vehicle and spam death enemies for an hour. Or run Sky Command with a vehicle during q-hour.

I wonder if that will be fixed? Or will that be left alone since people paid real world money for their vehicles?

Yup - I'm annoyed. But not entirely suprised. I'm hoping this means new (i.e. significant) content of type is on the way.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    How hard could it be to remove rewards from mega destroids that are killed by destroying the consoles.....

Maybe the devs should have a look at issues that have been reported for years, in stead of removing one of the few viable ways to farm globals.
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So, you reduced the ways to gain unrefined q (making Q boxes more in demand and raising their global price on the AH, probably outside of the global cap range), you took away one of the ways to get globals...

If you want Q, buy zen for a key to open a lockbox for a Q crate. If you want zen, just buy it with real money. Not only are you forcing silver players to buy key to buy stuff they can't due to the global cap, but now you're making just flat out buying those keys with purchased zen the only worthwhile option. Not only that, but gold players are being forced to use keys as currency if they want to sell stuff. Is making keys the default currency of the game really the best direction to go in? That's depressing and crappy.

How about put this kind of effort into making the actual game better?
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    why spend an hour playing through something you've done 500 times before for a measly 2000q?

see the issue here? :rolleyes:

All comes down to a matter of Choice, I for one example enjoying playing it periodically to enjoy it for what it is regardless of Q, Nice to have some variety then just daily Alerts and odd Rampage run as a lvl 40, that's just me.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • luesatchmo402luesatchmo402 Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Sweet, farming is fixed. Can we have some new content as an alternate way to earn money/Q now?

The question when fixing these sorts of things shouldn't be "Why is this paying out too much?" it should be "Why are people choosing to do this in the first place?"
    two lines of plain text
    the best kind of signature
  • salutage14xxsalutage14xx Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    U may take our Q boxes u may take away our reasons to play but u will never ever take out potato's away and btw if u guys do such a good job at destroying the game simole thing to restore it remove the Q cap from 8000 to 160,000,000,000,000 and we will all be happy.
    --> CHIBI[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I don't see ANYWHERE it says that Nemesis don't drop Q boxes, except from players who misread the patch notes.

Nemcon is still there and was always the best way to farm Q. Rampages being the alternative option. Dailies if you want that much more.

BUG:

Q boxes from Nemesis only drops for one player

rather than 1 for each player.

You guys ****ed up.

By the way, we are still suffering from the resource exploit from 4 years ago. Its why everything still costs so high and why players were resorting to Resistance farming.

Bug:
    Heroic Starter Pack shows up twice in my bonus tab.

Did you guys do this as the only means of giving the Heroic mask to Gold players? What happened to fixing your tech so it works?

I thought you guys weren't touching the nemesis stuff.
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Cannot use the alien parts at all. Asks me to 'buy' them and I cannot. WTF is this?

Nevermind, I've figured it out.

You guys might wanna be clear on this, just for the record. I wouldn't have wasted money today.

EDIT:

Whatever. I don't even what is this.
    edited May 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    Yes, because all programming jobs are equally easy. Rooting out a glitch that's been affecting a frankly minor open-world mission for years now is every bit as simple as removing an unintended loot drop in an Alert. It's not like any of the folks who used to code for Cryptic were ever guilty of spaghetti coding, right? :rolleyes:

And honestly, if your only reason for running Alerts was to grind Q, I don't think you quite understand what they were trying to get at with them...

THANK you. The thing I don't understand is if you hate how badly the game is put together, then why bother playing at all?
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    kirsros wrote: »
    THANK you. The thing I don't understand is if you hate how badly the game is put together, then why bother playing at all?

If your girlfriend's perfume bothers you, or she keeps messing with the dial on your radio without asking, you don't kick her out of the car on the interstate. You tell her that there's a problem, you point it out, and you hope she adjusts it.

That is how business works. When a business has a problem, or does something the customers dislike, they take negative feedback and adjust their business model or method. This is how businesses grow, and it's a valuable part of communication.

As for me, I vote with my wallet most of the time. Sadly, when I see more gamble and vehicle content, I find something else to spend my money on...

C7FsnuB.jpg