Install Arc
Options

Contest - Design a Costume [Submit Here!]

124»

Comments

• Options
    originalbaxteroriginalbaxter Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    My entry for the contest is the Flesh & Bone set. All pieces are intended for both male and female characters. None should have built in undertinting, which often makes them impossible to properly match with existing pieces.

FleshAndBone.jpg

The Flesh portions may be set as either Skin or Tights. If set as Skin, the player may choose skin, leather, metal or oiled as the material, but the color should be slaved to whatever color they picked for their character's skin color. The Tights option provides cloth, leather, and metal as material options, and allows for use of the standard pallette.

Belly Pieces : These should be placed in the new Belt Accesory slot, allowing them to be used with both Belts and Chest Wear. Yes, this can result in clipping, but properly used clipping is one of the most valueable tools in creating a unique look. The pieces attach at the ribcage for the top control vectors, and at the pelvis for the bottom ones, scaling is controlled by those bones as well.

It would indeed be epic if the same spring-system bones could be used for the larger two bellies as with the droopy antenae on the huge helms, but that may not be feasible.

A) Snicka+ : Good for a beer-gut, middle-aged, or for a female character that doesn't have an hourglass figure.

B) Buddha : This is what happens when you sit under a bodhi tree all day pounding Twinkies instead of meditating.

C) Blob : You're not "plump", you're not "jolly", you're frickin' HUGE.

D) Multi Chin : A neck piece. Attaches to the jawline at the top, and the clavicle at the bottom.

E) Jowls : Head Side accessory. Top attaches to the cheekbones, bottom to the lower jaw.

The Bone bits may be set as cloth, leather, or metal, just as the existing skull and hand pieces are.

F) Torso : This is available as a torso option (not chestwear) under Robotic Left, Robotic Right, or Robotic Both Arms.

G) Arms : Available (right, left or both as appropriate) under Robotic Left, Robotic Right, or Robotic Both Arms, selected as one would arm type (Robotic, Hydraulic, Steampunk, etc.).

H) Legs : Available (right, left or both as appropriate) under Robotic Left, Robotic Right, or Robotic Both Legs, selected as one would leg type (Robotic, Hydraulic, Steampunk, etc.).

I) Pelvis : As the Torso above, save as an option under Robotic Left, Robotic Right, or Robotic Both Legs.

J) Feet : A foot option, available for any leg type.

*crosses fingers*
  • Options
    lilsteffielilsteffie Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The Steel Arachnid Pack!

newlineart.jpg

All areas in red indicate glowing parts.

1) Steel Arachnid Shoulders

2)Arachnid Steel Bicep armor

3) Glowing bracer blades, the blades in Grey have an option to be glowing or not.

4) Leg accessory, glow able red bits

5) Metal Arachnid Boots, boots that protect the Knee as well as your feet while you're on the move.

6) Full mask, also available in hats and helmets, half masks, full masks, full helmets and rigid helmets. Mouth accessory may be compatible in these categories with the mask.

7) A back accessory that has 4 spikes attached to it, the back accessory sits around the head to cover the chest partially as well as the back. The Back spinal cord looking thing is attached to the back accessory, making it ONE piece.

8) Glowing tights that express your inner arachnid!

9) Additional mouth accessory that is available with the different masks. This mouth piece should be able to be worn in any category of wear that the helmets/ face masks are available in.

10) Alt helmets within the pack, to scare off your predators!
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Handle:@XG3NX

Champions Online.. where we sell lockboxes by the dozen.
  • Options
    luesatchmo402luesatchmo402 Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    A small pile of scraps, but whatever. Tossing them in anyway :D

I apologize for the cutoff, my scanner is way too small, but I kept most of the visual in there. You're only really missing out on my bad handwriting.

Robotic Eyes and More (title pending)

BSIN6xr.jpg
    hIy6uY0.jpg

Mostly what I came up with is making eye textures for various types of displays used in electronics, such as seven segment digital displays, oscilloscope/CRT displays, Nixie (cold-cathode display) tubes, dot-matrix, automotive headlights etc. The eyes are mostly textures, the exceptions being maybe the oscilloscope should have a measurement grid diffuse over it to give it the scope sort of look, as well as the Nixie eyes having a grid over them and having a glass eye bubble to go over each of them as well, to stay with the look (I suggest googling Nixie tube or Cold Cathode Display, to get a better idea. They're so pretty!). All eye textures would have glows, and there is quite a bit of potential for lots of different patterns of eyes using the same basic effect, for example, the dot matrix and seven-segment templates and coloring in the dots/segments differently for easy to produce variations on the texture.

Other parts in this set are kind of slapped together because nobody would really want to buy a set that consists of just eye textures alone, so we have several parts for the head, and aa back piece.

Ribbon Cable: Head wear, is just a simple color-coded ribbon cable folded and scrunched up a bit on the head. Could be female only.

Inductor hair: Metal ribs/retainer with tightly packed, parallel wires underneath it, could be a hair piece, part of a full head, or just a top accessory.

Side caps: Bigger side caps, with a plate design on them. Screw and glow details etc.

Tube back: Headwear/head accessory. Think of a television that has been removed from the housing. It has a long neck going back to the copper wire coil that's used to control the image. Now imagine one of these jutting out of the back of your head.

Antenna head accessory: Pretty generic, just has a collapsing antenna (like a car's) sticking up, no jigglebones.

Vent nose: Scalloped vents replace the nose, I don't know what slot to use it for, maybe just integrate it with a new head design or something lol

Mouth display: Works mostly like the eye textures, it's a display and maybe has alternate textures for different display styles like LED, dot matrix, holographic, oscilloscope waveforms, etc. Pardon the terrible slapped-together drawing.

Antenna backpack: Again, car collapsible antenna, stuff like capacitors and wires and gauges and stuff stuck all over it. Could have a possible antenna option of a jigglebone spring antenna that's ridiculously tall, like those seen on the cars at ham radio conventions (lots of people in the bay area seem to have these...)

Another note on those really tall antennae, Jiggling shoulderpad-mounted antennae could be pretty sweet.

Hopefully some of these can be of some use in the future, I've been thinking about how much I want more eye types recently.
    two lines of plain text
    the best kind of signature
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Future Agent is the name of this set. All based on super-tech, future-stuff, shootin' thangs, all that. The set features skin-tight body armor (tights patterns), hardmetal noggins, glowy turbine back-pieces, discrete chest armor and back protection, and a neck-slot tech cowl. Also, chunky tech gloves and boots.

The gimmick to this set is the "smart weapon." It's basically a transformer weapon, which transforms to the most convenient attack style suited to the situation at hand. It can be a pistol, sub-machine gun, assault rifle, shotgun, sniper rifle, and melee weapon, meant to adapt to a Future Agent's fighting style and preferences.

In-game, this would serve the munitions guy who doesn't want to be carrying a half-dozen weapons. Close combat, assault, lasers, rockets, sharpshooting, everything else? One weapon.

Smart Weapons for adaptable combat, sleek and discrete armor for total maneuverability and maximum protection. Future Agent.

ChampsContest_Entry_HiRes.jpg

Textures for this set would include sharp angle and straight line designs, as seen in the tights and the female's helm and bracers. Not pictured, but I would also add a sort of "rebel" agent look, with warpaint-style designs and markings.

All of the upper-body pieces should be designed to work together or on their own, and should thus clip through each other to form a clean appearance.

Individual Costume Parts:

Head
    Full Helm and Partial Helm. The Neck textures would be part of a thin metal-looking Partial Mask, that would follow the design of both body Tights shown above.

Chest
    Breastplate with several insignia choices in the (unmarked) circle on the breastplate.

Back
    Power Turbines. These simply go over the shoulder, and would have small vents on the back side (back side not pictured).

Neck
    Tech Cowl.

Long Gloves
    Thick, bulky gloves, with several gadgets around the wrists.

Feet
    Thick, bulky boots, with rear vents/thrusters meant to compliment rocket boots, rocket jump, or any other non-superpowered travel power dealing with speed or agility.

Not Pictured:

Hips
    Tech Subligar, similar in design to Breastplate.

Leg Accessory
    Armor plates, similar in design to Breastplate.

Weapons
    Smartweapon. The set would have a variant of the same weapon, using the same base pistol. It would have a variant for all Munitions weapon types, (well, not sure about minigun and rocket launcher, but that would be cool), all Gadgeteering weapon types, and also for single blade and dual blade. Not too sure about Heavy Weapons. Maybe a secondary heavy smartweapon could be designed for Rocket/minigun/heavy weapon.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    novaninja555novaninja555 Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    SUBMISSION #2

I apologize for bad picture quality.

I think it is time for a gridded digital costume set :D [CYBERNIX COSTUME SET AS I CALL IT] The grids should be allowed to glow. For maximum effect.

In this set, your character doesn't live in the digital, the digital lives in your character!

The whole set:
    cybernix_costume_set_by_ashwatz-d7fdbx8.jpg

The Parts Used:
    cybernix_costume_parts_1_by_ashwatz-d7fdc23.jpg
    cybernix_costume_parts_2_by_ashwatz-d7fdc6c.jpg

Description:

Head:
    To be made of 4 components:

1. Top accessory:
    Looks like a normal plate that covers just the top. Makes use of a lined border and is to be filled with grid lines. Lines are of custom color and the space encased is of color as well. The lines are closely placed.

2. Eye accessory:

Looks like a screen that arches over face as shown in image. Does NOT have lined borders. Filled with grid lines. The lines are more spaced.

3. Side accessory:
    Looks like 2 cuboids with 3 porical blasters. No grid lines here.

4. Mouth accessory:
    A plate that covers the moth and nose, covers remaining part of face. Makes use of lined border and is filled with closely placed grid lines.

Torso:

1.Shoulder:
    Looks like a classic guard placed on the shoulder. No harness. Is filled with closely placed grid lines. Has a lined border.

2. Arm Accessory:
    Looks like a pair of identical guard on the arm. No harness. Is filled with spaced grid lines. Has lined border.

3. Bracers:
    A single half-bracer placed on the hand. No Harness. Is filled with closely placed grid lines. Has lined border.

4. Chest wear:
    A pair of plates on front and back.
    Front Plate:
    • Uses 3 smaller plates inside as shown in image
    • lower plate to have closely placed grid lines
    • Upper plates to have spaced gridlines
    Back Plate:
    • To have lined border
    • spaced grid lines

5. Gloves:
    2 Types:
    TYPE 1:
    to have a mini blaster arm
    TYPE 2:
    a huge mortar gunblade

6. Neck:
    l Lined border, with closely placed grid lines

LOWER BODY:

Hip wear:
    Lined border, spaced grid lines

Thighs:

2 halves of a normal armor but no harness. To have lined border and closely placed grid lines.

Feet:
    Large holder with a normal foot place sprouting underneath. Lined border. Spaced Grid Lines.

BACK:
    A wing sprouter kinda thing. Sprouts gridded translucent light wings ( like Techna from that Winx club) but of a different style as shown in the FULL IMAGE. Wings turn into a small light ebb when not in use.

"Good can be found in heights, even in the deepest pits of evil" but "The valleys of evil always exist in the mountains of good."

~me
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    SUBMISSION #3

I apologize for bad picture quality.

Sometimes, one is just tired of being a living thing. Sometimes, one wants to live mechanical and stop future. Sometimes, one just wants to see how it is to be AI. For those, I present to you the RETROBOT COSTUME SET.

The whole set:
    retrbot_costume_set_by_ashwatz-d7fde59.jpg

The Parts:
    retrobot_costume_parts_by_ashwatz-d7fdemn.jpg

Description:

Head:

Full Helmet:
    To look like a large sphere, made up of scrap metal bolted together, with an antenna rammed into the top.

Torso:

Torso Style:

I think it is time a new style of skin came up. I bring to you the cuboid style robot (name is bad, I know). To look like a large metal box with two arms (cuboid) coming out of cylinders linked to it. A new emblem location to be kept at a location slightly lower than the usual spot. This one is at the stomach.

Chest Wear:

A pyramid with its top cut off , kind off thing. To have gizmos attached to look robotic. Square hole at the bottom to reveal the emblem in the torso-style.

Back:

A large battery pack. Now, we don't want to be running out of energy during combat, do we?

Shoulder pads:

SHOWN IN FULL IMAGE!

To look like a half cylinder cut at the cross section. To have a design such that a single glowing circle is enhance on (shown in image).

Arm accessory:

To look like a welded (not fitted) plate with an enhanced glowing circle. (shown in image)

Hands:

Long gloves:
    ROBOTIC CLAWS

LOWER BODY:

New skin style:
    Makes use of cuboid structures evolving from hip through cylinders.

Hip wear:
    A box, glowing circle enhanced as shown.

Thighs:
    Enhanced glowing circles on a WELDED (NOT FITTED) plate.

Feet:
    Rollers (retro fashion) [goes in sync with certain travel powers where movement of feet is not so visible]

"Good can be found in heights, even in the deepest pits of evil" but "The valleys of evil always exist in the mountains of good."

~me
  • Options
    viceadmiralblackviceadmiralblack Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Okay, first I want to start by saying that I have seen some very good submissions and look forward to seeing the top five selected. Now without any further delay, here is my submission:

ContestSub_zps8712c1da.jpg

I wanted to create something anime inspired, or more specifically JRPG inspired. I envisioned the set to be completely unisex. So lets start by breaking down the various pieces:

Anime Hair
    I went with a generic, but yet very JRPG themed hairstyle. I think it fits the over-all costume and maintains a very anime quality.

Un-tucked Shirt
    Some of the most badest dudes in anime and JRPGs have their shirts untucked. I don't know what it is, but somehow poor dress habits make for powerful fighters.

Fur-Collared Jacket
    Originally I designed this to have fur cuffs and lining on the bottom as well. Then it drove me crazy drawing it and I said, "Forget this!" and went with what you see here. Not the happiest with the final look, but it is what it is.

Pugilists Gloves
    Fingerless, metal plated gloves for when you really want to punch someone's ticket. I also figure they can come in full-fingered variant.

Loose Belt w/ Chains
    Wanted to give the lower half something to make it look a little less plain. So I added a loos belt to match the messy shirt and some chains for some extra cool.

Baggy Tucked Pants
    Pretty self explanatory. Just a very baggy pair of pants tucked into the boots. Think the baggy jumpsuit pants that are currently in game, worn tucked in.

Buckled Platform Boots
    I kind of went crazy here. I looked up some goth boots for inspiration, threw some metal plating and a knee-plate that matched the gloves and viola! These boots were made for stompin'.

I had also wanted a really cool, massive, crystal sword. But I ran out of time ( and patience ) drawing stuff so I will give a sample pic from another source and try my best to describe it.

glowsword_zpsa9879e72.jpg

Crystal Sword
    The idea was to have a large sword with a transparent, crystalline blade. The crystal could be hued and given glow option. I envisioned it as both a Heavy Weapon sword as well as a Single or Dual-Blade compatible piece, as often times in anime and JRPGs the hero can wield a massive sword as if it were a normal blade.

That is my submission, and I thank you all for taking a look.

[Edited for spelling]
  • Options
    crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Ok, it took quite a while but I'm done. So, I present to you...

Tokusatsu Build-a-Helm Set

Tokusatsu-Set-1.png

Description:
    Tokusatsu: A Japanese term that applies to any live-action film or television drama that features considerable use of special effects (tokusatsu literally translates as "special filming" in Japanese).

This set is comprised of multiple pieces which work with each other, as well as with existing parts, to better create the look of various styles of Japanese Hero Helmets...and for people who just want more control/options in the helms their heroes wear while fighting crime.

Name/Description/Notes:
    -All items are available in Cloth, Leather, Metal, and Irridescent.

Helmets: All helmets are designed to be both thinner on the sides and front than the full helmet options(Similar to the Sci-fi Skullcap). They all also have the same "front square" open space for adding various accessories.

1-1: Tokusatsu Helmet Basic:
    -Basic Open Faced Helmet
    -Head: Heads and Hair: Head Wear
    -Head: Hats and Helmets: Head Wear
    -Head: Half Helmets: Head Wear
    -Head: Full Helmets: Head Type
    -Head: Full Helmets: Head Wear

1-2: Tokusatsu Helmet Sleek:
    -Sleek Avian/Speedster Style Helmet

1-3: Tokusatsu Helmet Tech:
    -Tech/Mecha Style Helmet

1-4: Tokusatsu Helmet Bottom:
    -Basic bottom which is slightly thinner than the top helmets to allow blending and cut down on clipping.
    -Head: Mouth Accessory
    -Head: Side Accessory
    -Head: Collar

2-1: Tokusatsu Crown:
    -A Crown Style Attachment
    -Head: Heads and Hair: Top Accessory

2-2: Tokusatsu Prongs:
    -A Pointed Style Attachment

2-3: Tokusatsu Spike:
    -A Single Spike Style Attachment

3-1: Tokusatsu Visor:
    -A Basic Flat Visor Similar to the Riot Facemask but fitting better into the new set.
    -Head: Heads and Hair: Eye Accessory

3-2: Tokusatsu Chameleon:
    -A Stylized Reptilian Eye Accessory
    -The base is in line with the upper helmet but the "eyes" are domed and therefore come out farther.

3-3: Tokusatsu Goggles:
    -A HUD with 6 eyes. Each resembles the Goggles High Tech.

4-1: Tokusatsu Mouthplate:
    -A traditional Tokusatsu mouthplate with a sculpted mouth.
    -Head: Heads and Hair: Mouth Accessory

4-2: Tokusatsu Vents:
    -A Stylized ventilator.

4-3: Tokusatsu Mecha:
    -A more "Big Robo"/Mecha mouth accessory.

4-4: Tokusatsu Emblem Belt:
    -A Basic Tokusatsu Style Transformation Belt with Emblem Options.
    -Chest Wear: Belt
    -The Emblem's selection and colors are assigned to Chest: Belt Accessory: Emblem to allow for more coloring options.

4-5: Tokusatsu Emblem Bracer:
    -A Basic Tokusatsu Style Transformation Bracer(available in right and left wrist).
    -Chest Wear: Bracers
    -The Emblem's selection and colors are assigned to Chest: Belt Bracer Accessory: Emblem to allow for more coloring options.

Side Accessories: The Side Accessories are made to work with this set, Half Helms, Full Helms, and no helms. They are a 2 layer etched 3D look similar to the Luchador Hawk Side Accessory. That means the bits in the pics that go over the edges of the helmet are intentional and are not meant to wrap around the helmet to the front but stick out like the Luchador Hawk does.

5-1: Tokusatsu Lion:
    -Head: Heads and Hair: Side Accessory
    -Head: Hats and Helmets: Side Accessory
    -Head: Half Helmets: Side Accessory
    -Head: Full Helmets: Side Accessory

5-2: Tokusatsu Snake:

5-3: Tokusatsu Bear:

5-4: Tokusatsu Dragon:

5-5: Tokusatsu Bat:

Ok, so there you have it. 18 pieces, which work with alot of the existing pieces to build better helmets...and 2 other "Essential Accessories" for a grand total of 20 pieces. That'll do. :cool:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    SUBMISSION #4

Tired of either being part of the future of being a medieval warrior? Want a change? Want to be in a mix of both? Maybe you time-travelled and discovered new things. Then this is for you:

THE RETRO-FUTE COSTUME SET:

Full Set:

retro_fute_costume_set_by_ashwatz-d7fellw.jpg

Set's Back Part:

retrobot_costume_parts__back__by_ashwatz-d7fens3.jpg

Set's Other Parts:

retro_fute_costume_parts_by_ashwatz-d7fels2.jpg

Description:

Head:

Tyoe: Full Helmet
    Looks: Has a small digital eye. Has a dome on top. Picture shows details.
    Pattern: Fire

Neck:

Type: Slanted circular collar armor to cover neck.

Chestwear:

Type: Fulcrum with a rounded base

Shoulder:

Type: Pads with guns emerging

Arm Accessory:

Geometry: Double fulcrum base-to-base
    Speciality: Ridged ring covering bases' meeting point

Bracers:

Grooved wristblades. Enough said.

Gloves:

Type: Short
    Looks: Plated metal claws

Hipwear:

Looks: Rounded leglets

Legs:
    NEW DESIGN!

Looks: Domes which come up only to knee caps. Look like anti-gravity floaters. Emit light/fire from base

Back:

Looks: 2 Cylinders with fans at end. Have an abstract pattern which can be customized.

Best patterns: Radioactivity symbol, 3 Air Whirls, Fire

Uses: Preferably flight. Folds down to look like a jetpack when not in use.

Weapon:

A huge gun (size of a bazooka) with a huge blade (like a great sword)

Uses:
    1. Heavy weapon (melee)
    2. Rifle / Bazooka / Sniper (ranged)

I have used a lot of effort for my submissions! Please do not steal. All of this... just to get into top 5.

~me
  • Options
    swedenspeedwayswedenspeedway Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    "For the impaired, defense is the best offense. Still, they can kick loads of *ss."

The Blind Ranger set takes insperationfrom several things, a bit of Dark Ages a bit more Medieval times and an almost not noticable amount of steampunk.

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/111/c/6/blind_ranger_set__part_1_by_swedenspeedway-d7fen6y.jpg

You are broken, dragged your legs and tools through the lands of Terra. The ages have past you like the wind of spring and winter, all too soon.
    But through your loss of sight, let it be actual sight or the ability to see yourself, you have balanced it out by ability and skill.

Let's start with the torso to the left. The "Ranger's Shirt". Inspired by the simple yet fashionable wear of Medieval times, this shirt of cloth and rope sports nice detail in the form of chainmail underneath it. While chainmail itself exists in this game, I still feel we should be able to get a bit more creative with it.
    The costume part itself is not chestwear, but rather the chest itself. It can be selected amongst the thights, the skins, the shirts, the sci-fi wear and victorian vests as an base for a nice costume.

The shirt's sleeves are folded up so that more of the chainmail can be seen. The chainmail's "entrance" is close to the start of most basic arm acessories and "ends" at the wrist. Thus most of it could be covered with long gloves or bracelets.

Around the neck we see a chainmail cowl which could either be considered part of the piece or it's own seperate costume part. Maybe even both?

Under the cowl at the start of the shirt, beside the "X", we see two strings hanging out to adjust the shirt piece so it wont be too thick or too thight.

This piece can be Cloth, Leather and Metal alike.

Moving on to the right of the costume part/s we see a vest. Ignore the arms, they are not sleeves but there for demonstration, as this is indeed a vest. This is the "Ranger's Vest".
    Once a thick coat for exploration, mind you this should remove most "shape" on men as women, the sleeves have been taken away to allow the piece to be used in most climate that isn't too hot or too cold. This piece comes in cloth, leather and metal and happens to be an actual chest piece that. Mind you that the shirt mentioned above should be able to be used alone and with chest pieces, including this one.
    Five buttons are on the vest, one of them hidden away by an belt that could be used as an makeway bandolier (Pictured are not pockets of any kind, but they were planned) or to keep back piece up and hanging. Just behind the neck we see something close to a "collar" though I must say that while it is slightly "bent around" the neck it stays mostly behind it. It is placed there to protect the back of the neck for most basic attacks and damages.

Between the shirt and the vest, just above the two we see a bandana that has is to be moved around the head and tied into a nice knot pirate style. Unliked the bandanas most like already in the game *COUGH* this one is long enough to cover the eyes and top of the nose AS WELL as being thick enough to be used for simple humanoid heads AND HELMETS alike. They look nice, keep the wearer warm and make sure the blinded do not need to get stinged in the eyes by the sun.
    An alternate pattern is present here just beside it, blank eyes. While usually solid, two colorable eyes could be added to the piece to give the illusion of sight or to look like Iron Fist. Cough! This has been "The Ranger Bandana", cloth leather and metal all in store.

To the right of the vest are two skirt patterns that I believe are not in the game already. Kilt, for women and men alike and chainmail, also for men and women alike.

While chainmail skirts were not ALWAYS used, they could be used with the chainmail pattern already in the z-store / with the Ranger Shirt to give the illusion that the chainmail shirt is quite long.

ClothLeatherMetal-Irk.

Continuing on, the belt is a "Ranger's belt". Obviously, I have said the word "Ranger" quite a lot by now so we need to keep in mind that this is no civilian knight playing adventure but an survivor through the ages. Blind or not blind, you have learned to not only make your own weapons and armor but also your own food and medicine. Whatever you might hunt or find, these pockets and vial holders should suffice for at least the most small and important utilities. To the right, your left, of the belt a medium sized pouch hangs to carry even more loot and on the back of the belt a slightly bigger pouch presents itself.

Perhaps carrying a cook book? Yum!

All materials are accepted. But leather looks the coolest.

Under all of this we see our first weapon! (Unless you peeked on the axes, jerk)

The Ranger's Shortblade is inspired by the lands of the East. It is not as long as most longswords, hence the word SHORTblade, but it is not a butterknife either. It is good for taking care of close enemies from behind and front and also for opening up animal prey and start looting for foods.

Hanging from it is one of those fancy hanging thing's. The name escapes me. Would be super awesome if your physics engine actually allowed it to move around with your swings though!

Gloves and gauntlets. For the short AND long gloves, I present to you the chainmail pattern. AS said before, chainmail is already buyable. Chainmail gloves are not.

I want to wear more chainmail now, chainmail is cool.

Under it it my favorite. The Ranger's Gauntlet! Sporting three belts holding it nice and thight, thise baby could serve you good in metal and leather alike! And.. cloth too, I guess.

Scalloped armor can be seen on the fingers, protecting every inch and making sure that any punches given "CUT" to the action. Heheh~

Scalloped armor is alsy pressent on the back of the hand itself, three layers.

Ah, the "Ranger's Boots"!
    While I do realize more pouches being present would be swell, I didn't want to overcook my attempt to be noticed. Therefor I sticked to a simple yet trusty design. Hopefully this thick baby is slim enough to be used on thights, shorts and pants alike. God I would love this thing with actual warm pants!

Before we contine, left upper corner. There is a vial. That is the vial that should be hanging on the Ranger belt. Just thought I'd mention it!

Axes! For wood! For animals! For plants!
    And suckers.

Can't forget suckers.

Yes, a smaller tomahawk for the basics and a bigger axe for the real deal. The bigger axe (that isn't it's name though) has an sharp edge to it for punctuating... unmentionables and other soft areas on your enemy. Use it with honor!

The helmet. The Ranger's Helmet. The BLIND Ranger's helmet. For protection. For style. For most time periods where helmets are not wierd and socially unacceptable.

This is my favorites favorite.

Make it an helmet pattern, make it it's own seperate helmet part. I DON'T CARE, JUST PLEASE USE IT I REALLY WOULD LOVE THIS THING AND I WOULD PAY MONEY EVEN IF I WON IF I COULD USE IT OH GOD JUST GIVE IT TO ME!

Achum. Several layers. Screws here and there. No actual visor present, hence "Blind" in the title but an "visor" like area exist and could be colored for your liking.

For knighs and basic hunters alike!

my precious

And yes. A shileld to be sported on the back for added protection from behind. It's practical, it's fancy and it brings all the people to the yard. The handle to the shield can be seen to the lower right of it, just before the gloves and boots.

Oh and it has several patterns:

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/111/3/3/blind_ranger_set__part_2_by_swedenspeedway-d7fep11.jpg

Have fun. And please add some more, I wasn't too creative here.

Also, the numbered ones (1, 2 and 3) are patterns AND details!

1. is... well I got no name for it. It's basic and could look good if an emblem could be placed there. OH YEAH, EMBLEMS ON THE SHILED WOULD BE THE SHIP.

2. Is Bolts. Bolted. Pretty basic.

3 Abd wood. Wooden. Can be used with any pattern, just like 1 and 2... The pattern version should probably be called "Basic stripes" or something. Shrug.

Now while I am at it, I want to mention that I did take a picture of the shiled being ACTUALLY used. I unfortuantly lost it and the deadline is to scary for me to dare to take another picture of the sketch so let me explain. Please?...

The shiled should be able as an wrist/bracer part as well, pointing in several directions. One version should have the spiky "bottom" of the shield pointing up. Thus, if the player wears it on their left wrist they should be able to get the illusion that something.. EHEHE, sorry, is actually protecting them from bullets.. lasers.. knifes.. and etc. I mean come on, we got the MCPD running around in shields! Lucky bastards.

For people in love with gloves, aka me, please include a version or two for long gloves where the shiled has been set together with the "Ranger's gauntlet" model. It would look very nice and the gauntlet can be used for most time periiods and characters, saving you the need to have SEVERAL LONG GLOVE ALTERNATIVES TO ONE SHIELD MODEL.

Also, a version for short gloves too! These will be ACTUALLY HELD by an static humanoid five finger hand that doesn't change it's pose at any time. This is so that the player can pretend that they are melee bashing the shiled into enemies, in case they have a power for punches.

ALSO, sorry... I know too many bersion but still!
    Please also consider adding a weapon version for claws/Night Avenger. Thus you can slash away with your shield at unsuspecting bad guys!

Also weapon version for sword powers. Just saying, would look cool.

Please?... I know I am asking for too much...

Am I forgetting something? OH YEAH, PANTS.

Have pants:
    http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/111/2/0/blind_ranger_set__part_3_by_swedenspeedway-d7fepd7.jpg

The first is a pattern for thights and pants alike! "Ranger Lines" I guess. It looks cool.
    AS you can see the lines are colorable and an alternative pattern with "X" stiches exist as well. IT be cools.

AND THEN THERE IS THE "RANGER'S RIDER PANTS". LOOKS CLOSE TO ANY OTHER COSTUME PIECE? CANT HEAR YOU.

(Just kidding, it is familiar to some in the editor.. but it should be original enough. I think)

It's not too different from... those.. pants that cowboys wear.. this name escapes me as well, sorry.

The.. hanging pants thing is held together by reasons and two belts by the.. ankles?

*Googles the translation of the word*

Yeah! Ankle! Where the foot starts! Right?

Several different belts are seen under the pants handing thing, holding onto a pair of thights. I think it looks nice! No pouches, but I find it awesome and pretty ^-^

Three on each side, ignoring the ones on the ankles.

Also crossbows and stones:

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/111/7/a/blind_ranger_set__part_4_by_swedenspeedway-d7feprk.jpg

Wrist crossbow for the hunter desperate to look steampunk and cool as well as an regular crossbow for pistols and rifle costume parts alike! YAY.

Also static rock holding thingie for short hands. With magic thingy pattern.

I was stressed when I drew this last thing, so I will compensate with a picture of actual runes:

http://www.1066andallthat.com/english_old/orthography_01.asp

And an rune snake, for the shield: http://lucernarium.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/563px-snake-witch.jpg

So yeah, coolios. That is my silly little costume set for funsies and fantasies and hopefully a few Captain America knock offs!

I HOPE FOR AN 3RD PLACE BUT I AM HAPPY TO AT LEAST MAKE THE DEADLINE. PLEASE GIVE CRITIC OVER AT THE "Costume Contest Commentary" TOPIC. THANKS!
  • Options
    tigerofcachticetigerofcachtice Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hollywood%20Treatment.jpg?psid=1

The Hollywood Treatment: You're already a superhero, but we can make you a superSTAR!

We're so psyched to work with you...FOR you, with your three-picture deal, baby! Pumped!

Your costume is perfect, PERFECT! Don't change a thing! We just have a few suggestions...

Cowl Helmet w/ Jaw Strap for an edgier military look that cinema-goers just love

Look at this beauty, a [PARTIAL HELM] sculpted to fit your head so it looks less flat on screen. It's not you, baby, it's just the Big Screen is too 2D to fit your magnificence. It even comes with an [ACCESSORY] strap to enunciate your perfect jaw.

Paramilitary Shoulders w/ Emblems that work with existing tights & allows for customization

We love your style, LOVE IT! Just slap this [SHOULDERPADS] to your existing design, a little bit more padding, broaden your already impressive shoulders more. They're just so eXtreme! Because YOU'RE so eXtreme!

That's not all, because check this blank insignia out. With your licensing rights, we're going to hand-stitch your [EMBLEM] right on that bad boy, baby! You...you want it to glow? No problem, baby, we'll make it glow!

Gold Statuette you won for your film, used to hit villains with

When you get that movie award, like the Golden Gar or something, you can use it to fight crime as a [BLADED WEAPON], [HEAVY WEAPON], even a [PISTOL]. We even got special ammo for it.

You're going to kill 'em, KILL 'EM! Only metaphorically, of course, these movies got to be PG.

Over-an-Eye Swoop adds to both glamor and mystery

We got you a hairstyle for both the film AND the Red Carpet, baby! Over one eye, sexy! It's for BOTH Best Male and Female Performances. You remember this [HAIR] on depressed Tom Hiddleston? That's hot, baby!

Beauty Marks can appear on different parts of the face, includes freckles

What the hell is the make-up guy doing here? GET THIS NOBODY THE HELL OFF THE SET!

This superhero-slash-superstar has the perfect [FACE]! Why whitewash Mona Lisa? Your freckles and beauty marks re-define beauty, baby! You're a Marilyn Monroe, a Cyndi Crawford, but far better at the acting!

Oh, but you might shine on the screen. You'll need some powder right...here. MAKE-UP!

Off-Shoulder Cape can be more elegant, more gothic

We love your [CAPE], but we want to make you look eve more regal. You're Hollywood royalty, baby! Nothing as bourgeois as a full mantle, but just extended to wrap around your shoulders tight.

Cape Chain not only shows off how regal you are, but also keeps your cape on

We also made this for you, check it out. Gold-titanium alloy chain for your cape, just to remind everyone you're not some nobody wearing a towel on your back. It'll add to your power and authority, baby!

You're perfect as you are, all this only enhances your existing costume, that extra edge! It's just the magic of the movies, movie magic, baby! Your PA get you your Diet Coke? Alright, lights...camera...AAAAACTION!

--- Design Notes ---

The Foxbat event inspired me. It made me ask, "How come I don't get my own movie?"

That led me to this idea of the "Hollywood Treatment". Rather than making a costume set for a specific theme, I wanted to make a set that could be utilised by the maximum audience, something for everyone.

And that meant something for YOUR superheroes, if they appeared in their own films!

Then I started researching, mainly by comparing past superhero Hollywood movies to this generations. The traditional cloth tights and capes were replaced with more military-grade styles, like jumpsuits.

It had something to do with what looks good on screen. Instead of a flat cowl, they were going for helmet-like masks, to add contour, giving the costume itself some expression. Shoulders were likewise padded.

I started noticing a lot of the changes...small, simple, subtle, were focused on the top part of the body for a simple reason: close-ups. When zooming in to the face, the shoulders and top torso are the focus.

So I added just some details to the face. Beauty marks, as shown in the picture, can be applied to different areas, near the eyes, for example. So can freckles. Very easy to do, it's just a type of make up, really.

The goal is to enhance YOUR existing costumes, they're beautiful, for the "Big Screen".

In supporting your designs, I hope to get your support for this, the Hollywood Treatment.
    Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
    More action at Champions Online Comics @ http://co-comics.webs.com
  • Options
    abusedlion1abusedlion1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Apologies for the crudeness of this picture!

Thinking something like a galactic soldier and/or mercenary (soldier of fortune) type of character.

The sketch on the left would be the more official kit layout, while the one on the right is more of the mercenary approach (a few pieces of the standard kit, such as: torso, gloves, boots) with some additions such as: jacket, helmet, cargo-style pants.

RUSS-SURFACE%20-%20WIN_20140420_194705.JPG?psid=1

Again, apologies for the crude drawings!
  • Options
    reisdorphreisdorph Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Multifarian refugee, Alternate Earth Hero or Dimensional Adventurer look no further.
    The Dystopian set brings you cutting edge fashion of a future utopia gone wrong.
    Key aspects of this set are represented by asymetical cuts, hard wearing tights and
    goggles at the ready.

champions01_zps9d3f11af.jpg

Here we have a man in hard wearing tights reinfored at the shoulder, upper thigh and knee. Option shown in Dystopian Grey and padded ice blue. His goggles around his kneck are at the ready and his is face smudged with dirt from the harsh environment. His thumb sleave gloves protect his hands while still giving him the freedom of movement to dial a dimesional gate.
    Thick boots have reinforced arch and sole. His hair is windswept but not as unkept as those in other urban environmets.

s459
    dareisdorph/Create%20A%20Costume/champions03_zps48074c85.jpg

Above is a young lady sporting an asymetrical shirt slanted at the bust and bottom hem much like the political structure she escaped through a soot filled indutrial stack. Her goggles give her eye protection resting around her kneck, and her polution, (or perhaps governmental control,) monitors are squarely secured by two-tone armbands and give off a faint glow. Her pants also contain asymetrical paterns and have glow strips around the pockets that match the vertical glow strips on the corset. Windswept hair and matching reinforced thick boots complete the look.

Champions04_zpsafc049b7.jpg

Fresh off the design board is this hooded trench coat with asymetrical tail. Less combersome than a standard trench coat with the built in feature of lined hood. This futuristic piece of outerwear should be availible with standard tails on request and is perfect for warding off a chemical geyser or unfortunate acid rain storm.

___
    PARTS

Face paint M/F - Dystopian blast. Clearly shows goggle outline.

Hair M/F - Dystopian Windswept. Opposite side part of Punk Urban hair, higher and less messy.

Tights top M/F- Dystopian, reinforced. Similar to circles only on both sides and covers shoulder.
    +pattern reinforced, possibly availible in hexagons and knit. Cloth, leather and metal options.

Tights Bottom M/F- Dystopian, reinforced. Similar to circles only no lower leg spot, plus knee pad.
    +pattern reinforced, possibly availible in hexagons and knit. Cloth, Leather and metal options.

Kneckwear M/F- Dystopian Goggles. Goggles that lay on the kneck much like the arcane necklace. Lenses have glow option. + cloth, leather and metal options.

Bracers M/F- Dystopian. Covers forearm and hand up to the joints with sleave + halfthumb.

Gloves, sort M/F- Dystopian. Covers hand up to the joints with sleave + halfthumb.

Gloves, long M/F- Dystopian. Covers forearm and hand up to the joints with sleave and halfthumb.

Pants M/F - Dystopian. Pocket outline glows. Asymetrical pattern.

Boots, long M/F- Dystopian. Reinforced heel and arch with colorable bottom.

Shirt F- Dystopian. Asymetrical blouse with half sleaves. Male version would look very iron age.

Chestwear F- Dystopian. Corset with three glow strips in the boneing and asymetrical on the bottom.

Armband M/F- Monitor. Glow square box inside another square box. Two tone band and glow.

Jackets M/F- Dystopian. Standard trenchcoat with hood from urban set built in.
    +Jackets tails- Asymetrical tails. Fourty five degree angle on the trenchcoat tail.

___
    @Volomir
  • Options
    halacon22halacon22 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Japanese High School Costume Design

All costume options (where applicable) have Material options of cloth, leather, and metal.

Heads and Hairs > Hairstyle

Long and straight, bangs come down to just over/covering eyebrows. Ears are covered, with groupings of hair draped over front of shoulders on both sides down to chest. Hair in back of head drapes down to middle back. Hairstyle is meant to frame face and facial features. Up to 2 color choices, primary and highlights.

Torso > Neck

Ascot/Kerchief?
    Drapes around neck and under collar, tied in front with either a simple knot or loop. Meant to come together between chest and (at the highest) collarbone. Back of neck detail has kerchief wrapped around self like a rope to fit under collar. Two color options, Primary is kerchief itself and Secondary is kerchief loop.

Torso > Chest Wear or Full Shirts

Top is pressed and fitting, short sleeved, and bows open slightly near waistline to rest over lower body costume parts. Collar is laid flat against shoulders as it drapes over to back. Back detail is of collar falling down over back and resting with a horizontal flat edge just below shoulder blades. Sleeves have detail on ends, a separate color with two stripes in center. Collar contains set of two stripes that start at front near collarbone, and follow edge over the shoulder to the back to meet in center. Color options are Primary for main shirt, Secondary for collar and sleeve trim, and Tertiary for stripe patterns in collar and sleeves.

Legs > Short Skirts

Skirt is pressed and pleated, draping over hips and down to mid-thigh or just above knee. Dress has pattern options as follows:

Solid Color: No detail, simple skirt design

Stripes: Set of 2 stripes loop around skirt, slightly above bottom edge. Primary color is skirt, Secondary is stripes

Plaid: Plaid design is put into skirt at 45-degree angle, wrapping around skirt fully. Primary color is base plaid color, Secondary is plaid accent color, Tertiary is large primary stripes, quaternary is small accent stripes

Legs > Feet

Low cut loafer style shoes cover feet, moderate thickness to soles. Heel is slightly taller than rest of shoe sole to push wait onto toes. Strap attaches over top of the tongue of loafer in place of laces. Top edge runs flat under ankle to meet in back.
    Shoe pattern options are as follows:

No Stocking: Loafer by itself, skin detail around ankle

Short Stocking: Stocking effect covering ankle and up to just below mid-shin. Top edge of stocking has set of dual stripes

Long Stocking: Stockings come up to either below knee or just covering knee. Top end has set of dual stripes near edge

Rolled Stocking: Stockings cover lower part of shin, made thicker and more rounded in appearance to give rolled up effect

Primary color is Loafer, Secondary color is loafer strap, Tertiary color is stocking, Quaternary color (when applicable) is stocking stripes

e3pyOXx.png
  • Options
    gandalesgandales Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I apologize in advance for the simplicity and low quality.

I titled this set anime mecha accesories.

They are just a few pieces, but I mainly focused on the wing piece

List:

Foot piece: pretty simple mecha foot, but not as wide as the one currently in CO, good for not so bulky mechas

Hips layer: slim but with some depth

Belt or leg accessory: I add a small possible raygun piece for either part so there will be freedom to use other existing pieces

Bracer: Thick, dual layer bracer partially covering the hand

Back piece(Wings): using 4 parts as stems to deploy TK or energy wings, when used for flying. I proposed an hex design as example but it could adapt many others like electric or psionic effects.

Image3_zps690a1823.jpg
  • Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited April 2014
    I'm going to be leaving the office before too much longer, folks, so I'm going to be locking this thread. The devs and I are looking through for our favorites -- stay tuned for the finalists on Friday!
This discussion has been closed.