What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20131213.31 PTS Update

lordgarlordgar Posts: 267 Arc User
edited March 2014 in PTS - The Archive
This build is scheduled to hit PTS at 4:45pm, 2/28/2014

Release Notes for FC.31.20131213.31:

Preview

• Chaos Aura now matches the other parts in its set.

Rampages

• Sky Carrier now rewards Questionite, tokens, and rare loot in the main drop. Smaller loot drops for saving specific engines contain mods or recognition.

• Fire and Ice: Everyone now gets scoreboard credit, regardless of who you attack or don't attack.

• UNTIL Liaison Bradley no longer offers a personal mission to play Sky Carrier.

Costumes

• The capes from the Archer costume set now work with Cape Glide. If you were wearing one before this patch, it will be missing the cloth part until you next visit the tailor.

• The Robot Samurai's Bow Ends are now available in all categories.

UI

• Chat bubbles now have a bit more padding.

• The "website" button on the login screen was opening the wrong page. Fixed.

• The calendar has been adjusted for daylight saving time. This will look odd until DST actually kicks in.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go elsewhere.

In particular, do not report bugs from the live game in this thread, unless they are impacted by changes in the PTS build.
Post edited by lordgar on

Comments

• soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Awesome, figured a patch was coming since I got a message saying the shard was coming down in 5 minutes while on the pts. Can't wait to see the improved chaos aura. I doubt we'll get enough people to check out Sky Carrier though.

Cool, Chaos Aura now has the black background like its components have.

Now...rainbow aura? Or Ghost Aura?
  • lordgarlordgar Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The UI section got missed off the notes when I originally posted. It's there now.
  • fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Chat bubbles got their padding back? Ooooooh.

Sky Carriers super rewards got changed to something more reasonable, sounds fine. I should have ran it more before. :tongue:

Fire and Ice crediting everyone? Sweet.

Costume stuff. Also sweet.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,583 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Can the other Chaos Aura be sold piece meal?

Chat bubble padding. Its definitely apparent that CN is fixing all the problems in the order they appeared since 2011. This is good.

I await the days that content fixes happen.
  • crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Since it's still not too late before this happens on Live....gonna repost.
    Me wrote:
    Ok, let's talk Lemurian Invasion for a momment. Will we...

-See the comic panels put into the alert?
    -Have proper contribution systems in place when it goes live?
    -Have the issue Bob has outlined a bajillion times about certain powers not even working on Bleak Harbinger addressed?
    -Fix the issue with being able to get underneath Bleak Harbinger and damage it without being hit?
    -Return the leadup missions for the alert as permanent content like Fatal Error?
    -Possibly, and I know this is a biggie, put in a mission between 3 and the alert which actually ties the story together over that hole? It seems gappy there to me and I am not alone in this.

I'd just like to see this stuff tackled before it goes live. IMO, Team Lordgar did a decent job on Lemurian Invasion but I cannot help but feel that Team Lordgar AND Cryptic North could complete/improve this. :cool:

P.S. Can we get the Bleak Harbinger, Frosticus, Kenina Blaze, Cybermind, Cyberlord, Socrates, Taeteklys, Firewing, and any other 2013 AF I missed switched from BoP to BoE? I have the majority of these and would like to be able to give spares to friends. I'd also like the option to have friends give me the ones I'm missing. Wasted loot is wasted. Help us spread the love. :redface:

And also, to save Bob the time...
    Somebob wrote:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/49m3iqluckmun57/COConflagIssue.jpg

Red means that CO will let you fire off Conflag / Lightning Storm / Avalanche and actually have it do damage (because you MUST be within 50ft of the mob's bottom center of its hitbox).

Blue means that while CO will happily let you use the above powers (because you're 50ft away from any part of the mob's hitbox), you'll do the animation, and you'll lose Energy, but you'll do ZERO damage.

There's the first part. Based on how this is still an issue against Mega-Ds (and anything else in CO that's large - although it's noticeable on EVERY MOB IN THE GAME if you stand just right), I'll be absolutely totally and UTTERLY floored if it's actually fixed.

Which means I expect that my main DPSer to be completely worthless unless I lolGravPulse the thing to death on my bike. Or Pulse Laser (which is the new thing for single target bosses).

The second issue? Yeah, I'm going to say right out - I fully expect the giant world hole to still exist. Although I don't remember that you could use it to get underneath the BH - it just made all the mob fights absurdly easy getting to said boss, as the mobs couldn't get to you. And you could just lolGravPulse them to death.

And in related news - expect the PTS Character Transfer to be down for WEEKS. STO (and I'm assuming NW) got MONTHS of warning on this. CO players got NONE.
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • stellariodragonstellariodragon Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    lordgar wrote: »

• Chat bubbles now have a bit more padding.

That was bothering me. Thanks.
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    laughinxan wrote: »
    "Something more reasonable" is very clear troll post, the opposite of what people want from these at large.....which is a better drop rate for tokens....

The issue of tokens aside*, I firmly believe the rewards from Sky Command were clearly unreasonably gratuitous. I believe I had somewhere over 5000 Q and a dozen rank 3-4 mods on top of the token and couple of costume pieces. I agree with the "something more reasonable" statement.

* As my previous posts indicate, I am in the camp that would like to see better token drop rates.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Glad I got my 6 tokens to. "Something more reasonable" is very clear troll post, the opposite of what people want from these at large.....which is a better drop rate for tokens....

Edit: Yes, I know your being sarcastic fudgemonsta.

Actually I was entirely srz.

Dawg you need practice.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • stellariodragonstellariodragon Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    lordgar wrote: »

Rampages
    Costumes

On the subject of Rampages & Costumes-- it would be pretty cool if the "Justified" Perk granted a Justice Gear Costume set. Just tights & facemask patterned after the gear icons, nothing too fancy.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    We have Skimask..and tights..all you need....
    And here's an example of how to color them:
    Speaking+of+Deadpool+and+Arrows+and+Deadpool+and+Tiny+Yellow+_77477e2c5ac4ea98fba0e90ea6eeb226.jpg
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • sanguinevipersanguineviper Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So Sky Carrier is going to be like at least 2-3 minutes shorter now then, right?

Because the thing takes far, far longer to run than any of the other rampages. The only thing making it worth running was the multiplied rewards for the boring time spent sitting there waiting for it to end after we killed Mega D in 15 seconds...

Snark never dies.
    edited March 2014
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    We have Skimask..and tights..all you need....
    And here's an example of how to color them:
    Speaking+of+Deadpool+and+Arrows+and+Deadpool+and+Tiny+Yellow+_77477e2c5ac4ea98fba0e90ea6eeb226.jpg

Great, now I want a arrow through the head costume piece.
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So Sky Carrier is going to be like at least 2-3 minutes shorter now then, right?

Because the thing takes far, far longer to run than any of the other rampages. The only thing making it worth running was the multiplied rewards for the boring time spent sitting there waiting for it to end after we killed Mega D in 15 seconds...

Most people are going to probably just protect the Scoop and let the engines be destroyed. From what I understand you still get the main reward circle, but you won't get any mod drops. The vast majority of people I talked to were deleting them anyway. :wink:
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • sanguinevipersanguineviper Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    riverocean wrote: »
    Most people are going to probably just protect the Scoop and let the engines be destroyed. From what I understand you still get the main reward circle, but you won't get any mod drops. The vast majority of people I talked to were deleting them anyway. :wink:

It still takes over ten minutes per run no matter how competent your team is, unless you lose, then well, you lose and get nothing.

Letting the engines die and waiting for 5 minutes, is even more boring than sitting there waiting for the 5 minutes it makes you "protect" the scoop for at the end after the mega D falls over in a few seconds...

Snark never dies.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,583 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I noticed on live today that when you put on the tool belt, the leg accessories colors do not update as you wheel around the color palette. They only update after you click on one.

Are we getting a tailor update anytime soon? It seems to get harder to use with every bit of content added.
    riverocean wrote: »

I hope those people eventually learned that letting the engines be destroyed means failure.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The Sky Carrier Mega D simply needs to be tougher.

Likewise, the Bleak Harbinger is just too easy. I don't have min/max toons and I am not an elite player. If something is too easy for me, well, it is just durn easy.

Autowin isn't fun for me.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited March 2014
    The reason why LI and SC bosses are relatively weak is because they are supposed to defeatable with vehicles only, as both rampages are now mentioned as vehicle content.
    (and were probably conceived as a vehicle content from the very beginning, with UNTIL discs added only to stop people from complaining)

Now, it's not the best reason ever, but it is more understandable now. :biggrin:
  • mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Me and many others would love for chaos aura to be sold separately for the same price as the petal aura. It would be great if you could do this.

On the other hand thanks so much for making the cape work with cape glide.
  • malvoumalvou Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Might I make a suggestion?

Have UNTIL Liaison Bradley give out a daily mission based on the Rampage that's going on.
    edited March 2014
    The reason why LI and SC bosses are relatively weak is because they are supposed to defeatable with vehicles only, as both rampages are now mentioned as vehicle content.
    (and were probably conceived as a vehicle content from the very beginning, with UNTIL discs added only to stop people from complaining)

Now, it's not the best reason ever, but it is more understandable now. :biggrin:

Not sure with Sky Command, but I'd say Lemurian Invasion is laughably easy because of current vehicle weaponry. Gravity Pulse disco balls all the mooks to death, and Plasma Beam Mark 2 fired en masse makes the Harbinger into fried calamari in an instant. It's rather pathetic.

edited March 2014
    The Bleak Harbinger can be routinely defeated after the first radiation cannon blast. If your team has 8-10 PB vehicles, it is that easy.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited March 2014

I say, if you kill Mega D, it should be over. Even in PUGs, we ended up sitting around or going out to kill the few remaining enemies out of sheer boredom.

And now we have seizure bombs and death beams that makes these two events super cruisy. Hard to balance things when weapons that make everything else look like crap are thrown into the game.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
    edited March 2014
    Both bosses should be probably updated now, since few people bother to use vehicles in rampages without having at least one of mentioned weapons.
    The challenge is, how to buff them in a creative way, without simply making them into bigger bags of HP? Harbringer already is one stationary bag of hitpoints. :biggrin:
    edited March 2014
    For one, Plasma Beam debuff stacks could simply be capped at 20 or 50 . . . not 200.

Second, Gravity Pulse is just way too good, especially when compared to Tractor Beam. It should probably take much more energy to use, making it hard to spam.

edited March 2014
    One person's balancing is another person's nerf.

edited March 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    more nerfs eh? just make the darned rampages not for vehicles anymore.

I somehow doubt the devs really intended for vehicle PB to stack that high. Other stacking debuffs seem to have a limit, I see no reason why not to do so here.

edited March 2014
    doesn't change the fact that the lemurian invasion and sky command would be far better off if they were made for player characters.

by limiting the amount PB stacks you just increase the number of players needed with PB to make the rampage finish before breakfast the next morning.

Lemurian Invasion and Sky Carrier were made for vehicles.

That they can be played with heroes was made so people without vehicles aren't alienated and to not cause unneeded outcry.

Nobody will make it restricted only to hero characters, that would be completely counterproductive towards their design

They're even advertised as a vehicle oriented content.
    edited March 2014
    by limiting the amount PB stacks you just increase the number of players needed with PB to make the rampage finish before breakfast the next morning.

Yes, I'm being completely unreasonable in wanting a even a half challenge instead of a joke. My apologies.

edited March 2014
    As far as I'm concerned, redesigning them so that they are for heroes only and not vehicles is a nerf towards the vehicle system. So no thanks.
    edited March 2014
    soulforger wrote: »
    As far as I'm concerned, redesigning them so that they are for heroes only and not vehicles is a nerf towards the vehicle system. So no thanks.

We have an actual Vehicle System?
    Sorry, that just sounded silly to me.
    Yea, Gravity Beam/Incendiary Rounds/Plasma Beam is a full fledged system.
    edited March 2014

Yes, but its pretty bad and doesn't need nerfs.
    edited March 2014

You are missing Railgun. That's FOUR! :biggrin:
    edited March 2014
    Plasma beam is an anti-armor weapon. It's not the most destructive on it's own nore in a short fight, but is devastating against huge health targets, like the harbinger or mega destroid.

If it was to be nerfed I'd say, 75 stack or maybe 100 stacks would be fine. But nerfing it beyond that, eh, it'd make it's use questionable when it's more expensive to fire off than gravity pulse, or incendiary rounds.

Edit: It'd seem that, when used the way it is currently, is actually more the design of the weapon, to destroy massive health targets like the harbinger quickly but be weak against light enemies.

The design of the weapon isn't bad overall. The flaw is taking a full team of them without there being any limit on the debuff stack.

edited March 2014
    if you want a challenge support a solution which works for everyone.

not saying this is the only good solution, but its better than simply nerfing vehicles.

Solution. You keep using that word, i do not think it means what you think it means.
    'Works for everyone' and 'Good', you are so silly. o3o
    It's what you guys get for asking for nerfs to all the earlier vehicle powers in terms of damage to be so low that they tickle villains or higher.
    Good thing i'm not 'One of Those Guys'.
    The whole 'Vehicle System' was dead before it was made. They just tried to shove it to us with "features to improve gameplay" and then shush it away.
    And yea, those earlier vehicle powers were silly and deserved the "nerf".