test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

VetRewards Problems, 9:30am PST [Resolved]

Comments

• lukas0611lukas0611 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    How much time it will take to come back i bought the freeform slot :P and i cant use it :(
    i know alot of people bought something too :P but i only wanna know how much time it will take :frown:
  • markofthelexanmarkofthelexan Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Go away Cawiga, yew are drunk :tongue:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,116 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Avian heads will roll.

Eeeeeeew! You scared my Birds with that!
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited November 2013
    We're pushing a possible fix to the live servers. We should have an update on this in 30-60 minutes. Thanks for your patience!

mensar wrote: »
    If they aren't going to revert to pre-patch data (that doesn't include the most-current patch), that means they will have to take the pre-patch inventory tables and dig out the 5th bag contents from the character data.. and add back the bags and their contents to the current data. Which, of course, will overwrite anything anyone added to any new bags during the 30 minutes of play time too. So they'll have to either script it out or hand-jam it.

Thankfully, that's not the case. I can't go into the details, but the non-confidential version is that the items were never deleted, so they never need to be re-granted.

If they had actually been deleted, yours traily would be much closer to actual panic -- as it stands, it's not too bad of a situation, just taking a bit to resolve.
  • morganaquilamorganaquila Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You all realize of course that this is all disinformation being spread by the government-controlled PR machine. This is the REAL reason why Champions Online has become Champions Offline:
    Sometime this morning, an RPer in CC, deliberately and with malice aforethought, punched through the Fourth Wall. It's structural integrity compromised, Club Caprice collapsed into RenCen, burying hundreds of PvPers. Rescuers are working feverishly to sort through the wreckage, and so far the death toll has exceeded 200, and several hundred RPers have been psychologically traumatized.
    I'm sorry to be the bringer of such dire news, but I just thought you all deserved to know the truth.

At least all those PvPers and RPers aren't going to be worried about getting their rare drop back.
  • tidalwave082tidalwave082 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I am SO all for that :D NW got a Caturday cape when they had to roll back, at least ours would be more stylish and useful :D

aetam1 wrote: »
    Well in the worst case that there is rollback I am suggesting:

A cape that shows the veteran bag icon eating some items :tongue:
  • kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    avianos wrote: »
    Eeeeeeew! You scared my Birds with that!

Why don't we just stick to having heads roll in general?
    53806c73e86dd956d197d72a6eececc8.jpeg?1481926
  • thereactor2thereactor2 Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So...were the problems something that really could not have been avoided? I mean really.
  • frankendreadzfrankendreadz Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well why the heck AREN'T they on the test server? EVERYTHING touched by a release should be able to be tested by the designated testers. It's no WONDER stuff like this happens.

It was and problems were spottede and reported about missing content, accounts not being updated, missing bags
    so was very surprised to see it moved to live, with no sign of any of those bugs being fixed on test.
    Whats the point of having a test sever, with subs and LTS testing any new content first for free, providing feedback, when they just gonna go with management/ marketing pressures..
    this situation could of been avoided, if they were not so lax in their procedures.
    Shows more of that unprofessionalism trend currently doing the rounds in IT atm.
    No one gives a damn about the quality of their work, only about meeting targets and deadlines. does not matter if it functional or the impact it makes on the users or the corporate idenity.
  • mmogamer71mmogamer71 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Resubbed after being gone for about 4 months............

/sigh
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It was and problems were spottede and reported about missing content, accounts not being updated, missing bags
    so was very surprised to see it moved to live, with no sign of any of those bugs being fixed on test.

Can you give a link to those reports, I keep an eye on the PTS forums, but I haven't seen it reported at all.

The reason why I didn't even bat an eye at unlocks changing on PTS (and I did notice that bag thing on PTS too), is that unlocks on PTS are not copied over since for ever. Just thought the bag thing was related to that.
  • gaarafrednorrispgaarafrednorrisp Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You all realize of course that this is all disinformation being spread by the government-controlled PR machine. This is the REAL reason why Champions Online has become Champions Offline:
    Sometime this morning, an RPer in CC, deliberately and with malice aforethought, punched through the Fourth Wall. It's structural integrity compromised, Club Caprice collapsed into RenCen, burying hundreds of PvPers. Rescuers are working feverishly to sort through the wreckage, and so far the death toll has exceeded 200, and several hundred RPers have been psychologically traumatized.
    I'm sorry to be the bringer of such dire news, but I just thought you all deserved to know the truth.

New reports coming in.

Apparently the previous story is a falsified account created by UNTIL and spread by the Millennium City Police.

The true story is that the fountain in Caprice had backlogged so much it began to flood the club. This eventually corroded the building until it crashed and flooded the entire RenCen with toxic, foul water. The death toll is an alarming rate with about 500 dead and 4000 contaminated with the liquid. Workers are trying to keep it from spreading out past the RenCen before going in to stop the fountain. Many are being flown in from out of state and those workers will be receiving an enormous sum for their heroic effort, any deceased from the work will have their money given to next of kin.

WHO is calling this a major epidemic.

This is Stephen Crane for Channel 12 Action Cool News, reporting the truth no matter how bad it hurts.
    AWWWW CHAMPIONS UNIVERSE! DON'T YOU DARE. BE SOUR. CLAP FOR YOUR NIGHTMARE AND FEEEEEEEEEEEL THE POWAAAAAAH!
    edited November 2013

Most of the bugs that were reported could be chalked up to the differences between PTS and the live servers, which complicated the testing.

We've got a fix up on the Live servers. We're testing it very carefully, and if there are any issues, we may need to try a new fix. If it does work, though, we could have the servers up between 2:15 and 2:30.

Once the servers are up, we'll keep it under close observation, make sure everything works. If we find issues, it might require some action.
  • mayathubanmayathuban Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well, so much for my finally having a day to relax and game. I FINALLY had a day that I was going to have all not studies and the game is down. :( I got exactly 55 minutes of play time which might be gone if there is a rollback. Tomorrow, I have school most of the day again and getting ready for finals :( Oh, well, just get it fixed guys! (To those who are REALLY being hurt by this bug, ::hugs::. The part I hate is these bugs were ones that didn't affect me as I am less than 100 days with this account. - Long time gamer just not in CO)
  • tau41tau41 Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Couple things here.

First off, I know myself and at least ten other LTS people have been on PTS, checking out the nerfs because it informs our builds and what we THINK we're going to do about it. Secondly, I know I saw other people on PTS outside of that circle of friends, so I can only assume that there were other people on test as well. Other than being a little crashy, test was very stable and I didn't see anything out of the ordinary. Since test was going on with Bloodmoon, I figured the crashy was because of server load, so fine.

HOWEVER, all that notwithstanding, they pushed a costume live that wasn't on test. Furthermore, ALL non-standard, paid, and vet award costume pieces on test CANNOT be accessed because for some reason, they broke the account flags for purchased things / vet time on PTS. So it would be impossible to test if those things were broken or not because they can't be accessed on test ever since PWE took over ANYWAYS.

Ergo: This is not a PTS play testing issue. This is Cryptic/PWE NOT loading test with all relevant changes before pushing stuff live.
    edited November 2013
    kemmicals wrote: »
    Why don't we just stick to having heads roll in general?
    53806c73e86dd956d197d72a6eececc8.jpeg?1481926

OH HEY! A new powerframe that requires you to Use Your Head for once! :biggrin:

tumblr_mnhng9WBk91qgiyzuo1_1280.png
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    edited November 2013
    avianos wrote: »
    OH HEY! A new powerframe that requires you to Use Your Head for once! :biggrin:

tumblr_mnhng9WBk91qgiyzuo1_1280.png
    tumblr_mivq21xjje1row6kfo1_500.gif
  • phobiczerophobiczero Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    mayathuban wrote: »
    Well, so much for my finally having a day to relax and game. I FINALLY had a day that I was going to have all not studies and the game is down. :( I got exactly 55 minutes of play time which might be gone if there is a rollback. Tomorrow, I have school most of the day again and getting ready for finals :( Oh, well, just get it fixed guys! (To those who are REALLY being hurt by this bug, ::hugs::. The part I hate is these bugs were ones that didn't affect me as I am less than 100 days with this account. - Long time gamer just not in CO)

This is the very same boat I'm in. I was hoping to get some real playtime and check out the new goodies. Only difference between you and I, I have class tonight and I'm pretty sure I won't see the "fix" happen before then. It has taken 7 hours to roll out a 1 1/2 patch and we are still waiting for any real news. Oh well...
    edited November 2013
    tau41 wrote: »
    Couple things here.

First off, I know myself and at least ten other LTS people have been on PTS, checking out the nerfs because it informs our builds and what we THINK we're going to do about it. Secondly, I know I saw other people on PTS outside of that circle of friends, so I can only assume that there were other people on test as well. Other than being a little crashy, test was very stable and I didn't see anything out of the ordinary. Since test was going on with Bloodmoon, I figured the crashy was because of server load, so fine.

HOWEVER, all that notwithstanding, they pushed a costume live that wasn't on test. Furthermore, ALL non-standard, paid, and vet award costume pieces on test CANNOT be accessed because for some reason, they broke the account flags for purchased things / vet time on PTS. So it would be impossible to test if those things were broken or not because they can't be accessed on test ever since PWE took over ANYWAYS.

Ergo: This is not a PTS play testing issue. This is Cryptic/PWE NOT loading test with all relevant changes before pushing stuff live.

yeah totally agree
    management pressures..
    I mean for example
    we were told ages ago that one of the reasons the online store was closed, was due to worries about people purchasing keys to test drop rates of items from lockboxes
    then most recently keys were allowed for testing, but shop was still closed
    I think shop been closed on test for like over 2 years??. This sort of placed it around when they decided to place CO in min maintainence mode.
    due to NWO release dates, and STO content/support being priority, thanks to the IP belonging to other stakeholders.

on a seperate note
    TT!!
    Are we allowed to post test server links on this part of the forum ?
  • blkjackwilliamsblkjackwilliams Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Couple things here.

I was on PTS the other day, and the 5th bag was in fact missing, and had the "Buy with Zen" bag Icon.

In an incredible move of both dodge change focused tunnel vision, and outright personal stupidity I didn't report it

Vet rewards are not on PTS, so those were probably not possible to find, but the missing bag was a failure to either notice or act by those on PTS
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,122 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    edited November 2013
    on a seperate note
    TT!!
    Are we allowed to post test server links on this part of the forum ?

Yep, absolutely.

The servers are open, folks. Get in-game, and don't hesitate to holler if you see any issues.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I was on PTS the other day, and the 5th bag was in fact missing, and had the "Buy with Zen" bag Icon.

In an incredible move of both dodge change focused tunnel vision, and outright personal stupidity I didn't report it

Vet rewards are not on PTS, so those were probably not possible to find, but the missing bag was a failure to either notice or act by those on PTS

Woah there kiddo! :O

The fault is with Cryptic on this one they have their own playtesters and if they dont and rely on players well that makes it EVEN MORE their fault.

Most stuff you can buy isnt on PTS so most people just go meh and disregard.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • tau41tau41 Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited November 2013

I was on test last night, swapping pieces in and out of my 5th bag-I grabbed a BUNCH of Justice tights to test out some gearing combinations when they were in the debug store, all of which are in my 5th bag.

So... y'know. It was there for me as recently as Wednesday night.
    edited November 2013
    gradii wrote: »
    are all the problems fixed? is there any special info we should have?

One known issue:
    -Veterans who already had these perks may end up with duplicated unlock items in their inventories.
    -Three of the items are not discardable. We're working to fix this in the next build, but it isn't bad enough that we'd need to keep the servers down.
    edited November 2013
    Yep, absolutely.

The servers are open, folks. Get in-game, and don't hesitate to holler if you see any issues.

here's the current link to test server feedback
    hope this helps to give clarity

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=250121
  • blkjackwilliamsblkjackwilliams Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    nepht wrote: »

The fault is with Cryptic on this one they have their own playtesters and if they dont and rely on players well that makes it EVEN MORE their fault.

Most stuff you can buy isnt on PTS so most people just go meh and disregard.

You're right, but I'm still feeling mighty silly for not making a bug report
    I was on test last night, swapping pieces in and out of my 5th bag-I grabbed a BUNCH of Justice tights to test out some gearing combinations when they were in the debug store, all of which are in my 5th bag.

So... y'know. It was there for me as recently as Wednesday night.

I think it was Tuesday I went on to check the damage difference between characters with offensive passives and defensive passives. Upon getting ingame I immediately noticed the "Buy Bag slot" icon replaced one of my bags, and clicking it took me to a blank store screen. I then closed the window and went to shoot at dummies to get damage numbers at various levels of damage buffs, roles, and passives for about half an hour.
    edited November 2013
    Server Closed???
    edited November 2013
    lukas0611 wrote: »
    Server Closed???

No, should be working fine...
    edited November 2013
    Its Diconnecting for no reason!
  • mayathubanmayathuban Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yep, absolutely.

Thank you, TT! :)
    edited November 2013
    "Fatal Error: Unable to initialize on-demand patching and connect to Patch Server; The connection was idle for too long."

Anybody else getting this error?
  • tombmaster123tombmaster123 Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have been disconnected 3 times in the past 10 minutes, and the game froze once in the tailor.

EDIT: Nevermind, my internet connection was having problems.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    nepht wrote: »

Fella named Parker said something like that once.

Not much later, his uncle was dead, killed by someone Parker could have stopped, except that it wasn't supposed to be his job...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • danelsan2danelsan2 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Most things seem to be ok, (aside from the already mentioned issue of characters having useless "items" representing veteran rewards), but I can't seem to locate any Avian Warrior costume pieces on the character creator. Is there any process I need to go through or should they already be available?
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    They are called "Bird People."
    Brou in Cryptic games.
    edited November 2013
    My Kind of People!

too bad I can't have them
    edited November 2013
    They are called "Bird People."

Thanks, but I was already aware of that. Doesn't change the fact I don't have any of the costume parts. I have checked the location of every piece on the Wiki and confirmed that not a single one is available to me.

Edit: I thought I had the Nephilim stuff, but apparently I only have the ones I had already unlocked on my own. The leg accessories (Nephilim Large and Nephilim Blade Large) are missing.

Edit 2 - Revenge of the Edit: Actually, nevermind about the Nephilim set. I forgot the leg accessories are only for the beast legs
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You have paid for subscription for 900 days?
    moustache.gif
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    edited November 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    You have paid for subscription for 900 days?
    moustache.gif

I have become a lifetime subscriber some 2 or 3 weeks ago. All veteran rewards should currently be available to LTS. It seems all the other rewards are in order (titles, items, tokens, slots, bag, Spartan Lion costume, Glow Tights costume, et cetera), only the bird people costume is missing
  • kajataekajatae Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hello, I'm Kajatae. I've been playing CO off and on since the game launched. I bought a lifetime sub quite a while ago (aprox. 1 year ago.) I've noticed a few issues with the new Vet rewards upgrade for lifetime subscribers:

One of my characters recieved the accolades and titles, but no items. This is a low level character (level 10 or so.)

My second character recieved all items and accolades; however, I get an error message saying I can't use the items.

A third character had the same issue.

I did not recieve duplicates of any Vet rewards that I had previously earned. I'm not sure if this information will be helpful. I'm not a beta tester or anything, but I hope it helps. I'm looking forward to playing with the new toys you've given us, just as soon as you get them working again ;)

Your fan,

Kajatae
    edited November 2013
    So, I keep having problems with costumes not appearing. I have noticed I can access the bird people stuff, but only if I go to the in-game tailor.

Meanwhile the Long Boots Gravitar I got is not available during character creation nor the tailor (the gloves work fine, though). I even bought another one from the auction to be sure and yeah, it says I already have it.

Well, I sent a ticket in the support page a few days ago and I'm keeping it updated as I notice more costumes working incorrectly. Is there anything else I can do?
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    One potential workaround is to click on the treasure-chest icon in the tailor (and during creation), and type in "gravitar" in the search bar. If you can find it that way, just click on the item, then on the Equip button on the bottom. (I occasionally have trouble finding an item, usually because it's not in the category I was expecting, but this always finds it for me.)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    edited November 2013
    Thanks for the suggestion, it worked ^^

Well, sort of...I can equip it through the unlocked costumes tab, but even with it equipped it doesn't appear on the list of feet items in the lower body tab. Pretty weird.

Bird people doesn't appear in the character creator even searching in the unlocked costumes, though. yet it is accessible normally in the tailor. Double weirdness.

Oh, well, it least I now have an workaround for each issue until the support can get around to figuring out how to fix this.

I hope I don't run into more of these problems, though. At least my recently acquired Dragon Armor stuff is working.
  • flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    danelsan2 wrote: »
    So, I keep having problems with costumes not appearing. I have noticed I can access the bird people stuff, but only if I go to the in-game tailor.
    jonsills wrote: »
    One potential workaround is to click on the treasure-chest icon in the tailor (and during creation), and type in "gravitar" in the search bar.

For some reason, that doesn't work for the bird people stuff, Jon. They just are NOT available during character creation. I don't know why.