test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Attempting to start a new era of Team PvP

isometryisometry Posts: 148 Arc User
edited November 2013 in The Hero Games
Tonight @rabidsquaw brought up the idea of trying to get more team based PvP going in CO. I think that is a great idea, and I told him about how we used to hold weekly events to get the queues popping. Let's set a time to get as many people as possible to queue:

Casual UTC and SH nights Saturdays and Sundays 4-6pm PST

We'll change it from there if necessary. Let's promote this event to the broader CO community, outside of just the regulars, and try to make it fun for everyone.

Veterans: consider trying to lead by example, to teach new players good ettiquette. This is not a time to pull out our ruin mojo quarry ice naders and destroy everyone, how about instead challenging ourselves to use different powers, and inject some variety into our hero games. The goal is having fun and getting more people introduced to PvP, not being uber-competitive to win more imaginary internet points. Our community is too small to set hard and fast rules: instead lets use common sense, good sportsmanship, and keep in mind the golden rule.

Part of this initiative will include a revival of the CO PvP channel. Let's take it back to the old days when we helped new players and created a sense of community that overarches our individual SGs. Let's cut out the trolling and negativity that have driven away so many players, veteran and newbie alike. i would rather appeal to people's good nature than to use moderation, but we will consider moderating the channel more actively if necessary. And on that note: SPECTRE currently has a monopoly on moderating the channel, but that is not intentional. I would prefer to promote some new moderators from other SGs. The main requirement is to be mature and use those powers for good and not for evil.

That's it. I'm not trying to be the boss of anyone, and frankly I don't have the time to carry this initiative all by myself. I am hoping for others to step up so that we can all do it together. It won't be perfect, and I am sure there will be arguments. But all that matters is for us to get team pvp off the ground again. If these casual matches work out, then we can see about doing more competitive matches, pre-made SG vs SG, etc, but for now lets focus on getting more players involved, and on making builds that work for team PvP and not just for BASH.
Post edited by isometry on

Comments

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    All right, so we'll get our 2gm/quarry/strafingrun/ice nade builds out on saturday and sunday nights to farm all the hope filled people. Sounds fun! :D
  • isometryisometry Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    spinnytop wrote: »
    All right, so we'll get our 2gm/quarry/strafingrun/ice nade builds out on saturday and sunday nights to farm all the hope filled people. Sounds fun! :D

Well, I did say:
    isometry wrote:
    This is not a time to pull out our ruin mojo quarry ice naders and destroy everyone

I do have some good reasons for being hopeful. (1) We have done a casual team pvp night before, years ago, and it worked well. (2) Most of the guys who prefer running ultra competitive play to win builds tend to prefer BASH anyway, whereas the very nature of team pvp makes more kinds of builds viable. (3) At this point, everyone can see the need to bring new people into our community.
  • tigerofcachticetigerofcachtice Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This sounds cool, I'll just come by and watch, like I do Costume Contests.
    Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
    More action at Champions Online Comics @ http://co-comics.webs.com
  • bloodx13bloodx13 Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Dont forget to go into your instance options and set it where you chose which instance you transfer to. If you don't set this up the team bug will kick you out of SH and UTC matches randomly.
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Vixy is excite! Let us spread the smell of peace, love, and pvpee everywhere!

On a more cereal note, we will be promoting the copvp channel as a friendly place to get advice in zone and other channels. So expect some new peeps. Help us get more peeps as well!

Going along with that we'll be moderating copvp chat a bit more than usual to make it more welcoming for new players who may want to get advice, test stuff, etc.

So be nice or be mute.
    edited September 2013
    kamokami wrote: »
    So be nice or be mute permanently.

Just making sure everyone remembers that the moderaters are actually powerless to unmute you once they've muted you, so shut your mouths and know your roles like good little boys and boys :)

bloodx13 wrote: »
    Dont forget to go into your instance options and set it where you chose which instance you transfer to. If you don't set this up the team bug will kick you out of SH and UTC matches randomly.

This is in fact the most important part of this whole thing. Might want to add it in caps to the initial post.
    edited September 2013
    Just making sure everyone remembers that the moderaters are actually powerless to unmute you once they've muted you, so shut your mouths and know your roles like good little boys and boys :)

There are workarounds, and people can eventually be unmuted. If necessary we can make the channel invite-only, but I don't anticipate that happening. Over 900 players past and present have joined the channel, and there have only been a handful of people who caused problems.
  • stergiosmanstergiosman Posts: 717 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    isometry wrote: »
    There are workarounds, and people can eventually be unmuted. If necessary we can make the channel invite-only, but I don't anticipate that happening. Over 900 players past and present have joined the channel, and there have only been a handful of people who caused problems.

Like...everyone from DC/SoT yes?
    edited September 2013

I wasn't there when they were muted, and in any case a year has passed since then and I don't think they deserve to be muted permanently. I have attempted to unmute @mcluving and @redburst , and will continue to do so until it works. If any of the others (there are only 5 or so people) want to send me a civilized tell or email in game asking to be unmuted, then I will almost certainly do so.

I favor as much freedom and as little enforcement as possible. I also think everyone deserves a second chance.
    edited September 2013
    Yeah there aren't many pps anyways so you could try...
    Also, if this is done and we get some organized PVP, I'm willing to add some device rewards.
  • amyjiaamyjia Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Well this seems like a good idea. I am all for it!~

Also nice that SPECTRE is willing to share the power/responsibility of moderation of the CO PvP channel.:redface:

A question about the actual event though: Would King of the Hill also be in the team PvP rotation or no?
    edited September 2013
    amyjia wrote: »

A question about the actual event though: Would King of the Hill also be in the team PvP rotation or no?

Sure, if people want to do it! The main concern is just getting enough people to pop something, anything. :smile:
  • nesnonesno Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited September 2013

^^ Agreed^^

Most of them have not changed in over the years and have examples in the last 3 months of spamming ice nades and then trolling through videos and or forum posts.

I would agree to get AE moving on this as well go pure theme Alien melee if you just agree with the above.

If CERTAIN DC members are there we will show up in the Quarry killing builds and proceed as normal.

Specifically - MC Luvin, Straight Jacket and or Aphrodite / Green Saber. If you can get them to agree to NOT
    spam Ice nades and run infinite ascension MD setups, you will have eliminate 95% of the PVP troll player base in this event. I agree everyone should have the opportunity to be involved and I'm not advocating you exclude anyone but accept the fact that some peoples motives are not the same as yours and you should evaluate the people who want to be involved by their track record of what best represents the spirit of the event you are attempting to organize. I.E People that want to help other people with PVP.

-

---
    edited September 2013
    I hear you, and I'm glad that you and AE would consider getting into the spirit for something like this.

I have not seen Aphro in a long time, and he might have me on ignore anyway, but I will get the message to the other two if I can. Like I said, it's not like I really have the authority to tell people what to do, so it comes down to us as a community expressing what we want. I know mcluving has a melee build, and straight jacket has alts too. Hopefully they want to get new blood in pvp as much as we do, so everyone can agree to be civil for a few hours.

It sounds like a lot of people would rather see no ice nades, and maybe even no devices? I think that's a good idea, but it's up to the community to express what they want.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Not possible. There will always be players that spam devices and use glitches. Thats the reason PvP q's hardly ping. Other players have just gotten fed up with it.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
    edited September 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    Not possible. There will always be players that spam devices and use glitches. Thats the reason PvP q's hardly ping. Other players have just gotten fed up with it.

I have to disagree with you Nepht. You have known me a good bit now so please don't take any of what i'm about to say as a flame war etc.. The part of the playerbase you mentioned above exists in every game and while it may be what has caused a select view to not q it is not the entire issue.

1:PvP q's are low in part due to the bug I mentioned earlier(luckily there is a work around to that so we just need to spread the info)

2: The number of players required to make team pvp pop was raised to high and put under to many stipulations.

3: SG wars, this one here is a double edge sword. They can be great and bring alot of people to pvp but when the sportsmanship fades away they become more like a disease and do nothing but hurt pvp.

4: Developer outlook towards PvP since on alert.

5: Players being jaded due to that outlook

Anyways I can keep on listing things but that's not the point all i'm trying to say is lets work around and control what we can to try and bring some life back to a very fun part of the game.

ISO:

I'll help out in anyway I can just let me know.
    edited September 2013
    Great post, Darkon. You've done a lot to help organize and inject some life into pvp these past few years with your tournaments, so it's great to have you on board.
    Nepht wrote:

In addition to what Darkon said, you have my personal assurance that everything will be rainbows and cupcakes from here on out. :biggrin:
    edited September 2013
    Ahaha, Xeno, let's just say that you are no better than what you judge...and have been worse. You used to abuse every single exploit in Co. And when SOMEONE found out and did it better than yourself, you quit and came back, and quit and came back, and then quit and came back and finally quit and came back. Think I lost counting, correct me if I'm wrong ;-))))

Now if this is going towards theme PvP, things are different. And no, alien ninjas are not theme toons if you ask me.Am all in for it tho, have an EA build I wanted to try out...

Watch out with the orientation of this event...I'd propose t2 or t3 PvP events, where ATs can be useful too and gears aren't that OP.
  • nesnonesno Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ahaha, Xeno, let's just say that you are no better than what you judge...and have been worse. You used to abuse every single exploit in Co. And when SOMEONE found out and did it better than yourself, you quit and came back, and quit and came back, and then quit and came back and finally quit and came back. Think I lost counting, correct me if I'm wrong ;-)))).

I quit over my frustrations of what Crush did to the game. But I'm so glad you're here Sters to explain to the community everything Xeno.

I guess the video thing

The intent of Iso's thread is to work together to develop a core group of the community that will help to harbor in new PVP via organized events. And Ironically I was agreeing with your previous stated assumptions. However, certain people including yourself have measurable acts that undercut that effort, Example: During your troll video of spamming ice nades on Shug for over 15 mins you can actually see him typing the word "yawn" at around 11 mins and you only killed him at the end when he was typing "I'm leaving". Then you came to the forums to post this video for the obvious troll attempt it was. So I'm pointing out facts about yourself and other players that are substantiated by their actions that contradict the intention to help others in pvp.

I've helped and groomed countless players over 4 years into PVP. As the GL of one of the oldest PVP SG in the game I challenge you do better or substantiate anything other than forum trolls and videos of trolling people. I'm positive your response will be full of new insights into myself that booster your own self image but don't expect any future reply's that may derail the OP's thread any further. Besides, it's not like I need to convince anyone still left about why You or Mc Luvin is a troll, its why you can't show up in a Bash without getting farmed.

In fact, if we want to increase pvp, we should make events timed around when you log in since that seems to be when most everyone comes out to farm the forum troll.

-Xeno

-

-
    edited September 2013
    nesno2 wrote: »
    I quit over my frustrations of what Crush did to the game. But I'm so glad you're here Sters to explain to the community everything Xeno. And BTW during your video of spamming ice nades on Shug for over 15 mins you can actually see him typing the word "yawn" at around 11 mins. That was funny to me.

-

Relevant right? I won't comment on it here, since I don't think it will help the PvP community much. If you want to talk about it tho I'm all yours.

And no, haven't been part of DC/SoT for almost a year now. At one point they were ganking me too. Funny.

This is what we don't need if we're gonna go for new blood. I know at least 8 people who like duels and PvP in general, but can't stand the boring bashes. Most of them are inexperienced, but if we get serious on this, they would come.
    edited September 2013
    I quit over my frustrations of what Crush did to the game. But I'm so glad you're here Sters to explain to the community everything Xeno.

The intent of Iso's thread is to work together to develop a core group of the community that will help to harbor in new PVP via organized events. Certain people including yourself have measurable acts that undercut that effort, Example: During your troll video of spamming ice nades on Shug for over 15 mins you can actually see him typing the word "yawn" at around 11 mins and you only killed him at the end when he was typing "I'm leaving". Then you came to the forums to post this video for the obvious troll attempt it was. So I'm pointing out facts about yourself and other certain players that are substantiated by the actions that contradict the intention of the effort help others in pvp.

I've helped and groomed countless players over 4 years into PVP. As the GL of one of the oldest PVP SG in the game I challenge you do better or substantiate anything other than forum trolls and videos of trolling people.

-Xeno

-

-
    Since you so like editing your posts, do it again and paste all those things in the threads designed to troll me, I will only answer you there.

Can you stop making us both look ridiculous for 1 second?
    edited September 2013

I guess the video thing

The intent of Iso's thread is to work together to develop a core group of the community that will help to harbor in new PVP via organized events. And Ironically I was agreeing with your previous stated assumptions. However, certain people including yourself have measurable acts that undercut that effort, Example: During your troll video of spamming ice nades on Shug for over 15 mins you can actually see him typing the word "yawn" at around 11 mins and you only killed him at the end when he was typing "I'm leaving". Then you came to the forums to post this video for the obvious troll attempt it was. So I'm pointing out facts about yourself and other players that are substantiated by their actions that contradict the intention to help others in pvp.

I've helped and groomed countless players over 4 years into PVP. As the GL of one of the oldest PVP SG in the game I challenge you do better or substantiate anything other than forum trolls and videos of trolling people. I'm positive your response will be full of new insights into myself that booster your own self image but don't expect any future reply's that may derail the OP's thread any further. Besides, it's not like I need to convince anyone still left about why You or Mc Luvin is a troll, its why you can't show up in a Bash without getting farmed.

In fact, if we want to increase pvp, we should make events timed around when you log in since that seems to be when most everyone comes out to farm the forum troll.

-Xeno

-

-

Still, I won't answer you here. You can keep it up tho.
    edited September 2013
    Guys, we know where this discussion leads to ya? Let's try to stay on the topic of how we can get more people interested in checking out PvP.

I am willing to set aside my zealous hatred for most of the DC players in order to focus on this effort. Troll threads and rivalries may be what keep many of us engaged enough to log in, but at least this one thread deserves to be productive.

To that end, let's come up with some suggestions on how we can help make pvp events fun for as many people as possible.

For these events, I would suggest making alts that have sub-optimal gear (mercenary blues, r5 mods, no devices) and with powers/mechanics that you always wanted to play but were not up to par in terms of performance.

The rewards can be of similar quality as well. That way it will be easy to supply a lot players with gear that's not the absolute best but is OK.
    edited September 2013
    For these events, I would suggest making alts that have sub-optimal gear (mercenary blues, r5 mods, no devices) and with powers/mechanics that you always wanted to play but were not up to par in terms of performance.

If you're serious about this idea, there is an even more radical option: revive pvp at tier 2 and tier 3.

Tier 2 used to be the main place I PvPed when the game launched, before I could compete up in tier 4. It has it's own set of frustrations, it's own version of fotm, but it always had more diversity than tier 4. It may seem unideal because not everyone is the same level, but that's not a huge issue. Most characters are hitting their stride by 14-16, by then they have a r3 attack and a toggle, etc. The fact that people constantly level out of the bracket encourages them to roll a different type of build next time, and it also discourages stacking expensive / hard to aquire gear. Tier 3 utc is great as well.

The biggest problem with these match types? We don't get to feel as powerful and awesome as we do in tier 4, but then that's similar to wearing blues.
    edited September 2013
    If you're serious about this idea, there is an even more radical option: revive pvp at tier 2 and tier 3.

Tier 2 used to be the main place I PvPed when the game launched, before I could compete up in tier 4. It has it's own set of frustrations, it's own version of fotm, but it always had more diversity than tier 4. It may seem unideal because not everyone is the same level, but that's not a huge issue. Most characters are hitting their stride by 14-16, by then they have a r3 attack and a toggle, etc. The fact that people constantly level out of the bracket encourages them to roll a different type of build next time, and it also discourages stacking expensive / hard to aquire gear. Tier 3 utc is great as well.

The biggest problem with these match types? We don't get to feel as powerful and awesome as we do in tier 4, but then that's similar to wearing blues.

I think that the use of Alerts for easy leveling undermines lower tier pvp. We, old school crowd, may be open to it. But why would a new player go for it.
    edited September 2013
    Agreed with both of you, sorry iso, tried to reason with him.

PvPing with sub optimal gears is good, until pps begim using legion ones to win. Won't you do the same then?
    edited September 2013
    PvPing with sub optimal gears is good, until pps begim using legion ones to win.

If we get a bunch of new pvp-ers interested enough that they want to be more competitive then we'll have accomplished something worthwhile.
    Won't you do the same then?

I will always have my competitive alts available as an option for when I'd like to win.

But it will be good to keep even just one alt that is sub-optimal for times when the goal is to play with new pvp-ers and try whacky build ideas as opposed to when it is to be the biggest mudkipz in a tiny tiny pond.

Plus the only times I've been able to improve my more competitive builds and playstyle have been when I've played my more outlandish characters. So it's not a waste of time from that standpoint either.
  • mrf0rz1mrf0rz1 Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    If we get a bunch of new pvp-ers interested enough that they want to be more competitive then we'll have accomplished something worthwhile.

Be really careful about this. A large amount of people got burnt out quickly after reaching this state.

• shadowpexerashadowpexera Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Because i twinked wow for a while, and i would like to try a new game. Got no problem with twinking, or with end lvl pvp, but as a f2p account, i would be gimped, and would like a balanced "only-blues" etc etc idea of game.

Just say the word and i download this game again.
  • pallihwtfpallihwtf Posts: 677 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The work-around for the queue system doesn't work 100%. I still get kicked half the time, even with the box checked. I've tried re-enabling it again and then joining without and THEN AGAIN checking the box and it doesn't work. I've tried logging out etc and still, it kicks me out.
    ---

It's fun to get people to duel with something different, but there will be someone who snaps their fingers, uses 2gm and blasts rimefire burst in your face also summons a plane out of nowhere. Then the name calling starts, someone gets frustrated and gets their own epic 2gm-snappyfinger-SR build and there we go again.

I am silver at the moment, so I would probably use my Unleashed, so that I have a slight chance of winning my opponent. But omg it uses force gaysir. xD iz dat ok?????

Okay well, yah. Good luck with this. I'm sure you will need it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Pallih in game
    edited September 2013
    I'm not going to sub gear any of my toons I don't agree with doing that in the slightest. I will however be more then willing to return to lower tier pvp and even play more themed builds instead of just hunter builds. T2 and T3 are where I had some of my best times and champs and alerts or not i think the new players might enjoy that as well.

Those lower tiers are the best places for people to learn pvp instead of being thrown right into T4 and not having a clue.
  • rabidsquawrabidsquaw Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    well if for some reason we have problems loading as a team in (UTC) we have another option.. the power house arena.. if the two team leaders go into the desert room and select duel and exit back to main room and then the rest of the team accepts the duel then you can duel in the entire room with no restrictions on area unlike in the middle of the city or any place you have random duels where you have to stay in the bubble... the whole room is open for pvp at that point and there is room for people to stand against the walls and see the action unlike in the (UTC) match... so we have a few options. also if this goes well i will sponsor a full pvp tounament for free form teams and ATs teams aswell but we will get into that on another day. the main thing is to work together and put our petty issues behind us and start enjoing what we love most about this game. (PVP)
    feel free to add me in game to your friends list so i can keep you updated and make sure you are on channel (COPVP) for further info and updates and if you are muted we are working to get that resolved and give you a second chance.. i have already turned in a ticket with the gm's on the issue of un muting folks.

Pay 2 Win@RabidSquaw
    edited September 2013
    I have some questions about this.

1. If one of the new players happens to end up using a <insert all hated powers here> build, not because they heard it was the tippy tops, but just because they wanted to because it was fun... are people going to hate on them? are people going to say "those powers are not allowed!"... what if that ends up making them not interested in pvp because suddenly free form loses the "free"? ( An ironic problem yes, but it could happen).

2. What about us noobs who can't L2play? Will we be forced to make worse builds as well, effectively just putting us right back where we were, getting farmed by the pros?

3. Is someone going to make an official list of "banned" powers/combinations, or are we going to just go by "you know what they are" and then punish anyone who uses them because they doesn't know what they are? How effective is too effective?

4. How is this going to be enforced? In team sports its difficult to play "everyone farm the guy doing things we don't like". If you're planning to have this always consist of two premades fighting each other, then what happens if we get more than 10 people interested in pvp at one given time (granted, a wonderful problem we would love to have).

5. When are we going to institute an official "ZA Night"?
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited September 2013

1. If one of the new players happens to end up using a <insert all hated powers here> build, not because they heard it was the tippy tops, but just because they wanted to because it was fun... are people going to hate on them? are people going to say "those powers are not allowed!"... what if that ends up making them not interested in pvp because suddenly free form loses the "free"? ( An ironic problem yes, but it could happen).

^ I agree with this statement, Nepht now runs a build like this not because I want to be a s0pr0br0 but because it excels at tanking in PVE.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
    edited September 2013

2. What about us noobs who can't L2play? Will we be forced to make worse builds as well, effectively just putting us right back where we were, getting farmed by the pros?

3. Is someone going to make an official list of "banned" powers/combinations, or are we going to just go by "you know what they are" and then punish anyone who uses them because they doesn't know what they are? How effective is too effective?

4. How is this going to be enforced? In team sports its difficult to play "everyone farm the guy doing things we don't like". If you're planning to have this always consist of two premades fighting each other, then what happens if we get more than 10 people interested in pvp at one given time (granted, a wonderful problem we would love to have).

I don't think this needs to be enforced. From what I have read it looks like the older pvpers are deciding among themselves to just take it back to some of the better days of PvP. If some new player wants to try some of the powers that some of the pvpers consider cheap then thats on them.

We as players should not have to enforce or police ourselves outside of tournaments or something like that which we are hosting. The developers are the ones that should be stepping up in the places where any kind of enforcement is needed. All we can do is hold our self to a certain standard and let others do as they will.

As far as not being able to learn I don't think that will be an issue because there are plenty of people willing to help others out. Powers are not what make a good pvper, its how they use those powers and the tactics they use during pvp in general. You can put two exact builds next to one another and its not that hard to tell when the duel or pvper starts which one has put in the time.
    edited September 2013

As long as current PvPers get that the goal is get new players interested and not to go all dominatrix on everyone then that should be a good start. Hating on new players for just about any reason will undermine the entire point of the effort, so I would discourage people from doing this.

There are no set of powers that are allowed or disallowed. Maybe we'll end up having to do that but hopefully not. At this point we're just aiming for a marked improvement, but not perfection.

You can run whatever you want to run. We're just asking for more consideration for players who are even more new to this than you. And also asking people to keep in mind that the main goal here is to introduce players to pvp. If appealing to people's good nature ends up being not enough...then we'll need to figure out rules and "enforcement".

Nothing set in stone. Just use your judgement. Nobody that is not deliberately trolling the effort is going to get punished.

Ideally the only enforcement consists of moderating the copvp chat channel. But we'll see...if too many trolls etc get involved maybe we'll stick to team duels.

Would totally love ZA Night! Whenever we want!!
  • m1ndfr1km1ndfr1k Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    well some ppl hate PvP
  • cyberzubzeroicyberzubzeroi Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    hey people like this idea and would support
    edited September 2013
    Retconin' to pbr/pa
    Acceptin' loans till devices get unbinded (steals your money) ~...^
  • rabidsquawrabidsquaw Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I don't think that any power should be off limits but there are devices i would say should like ice nades,omnicrom,eruptions,dinos.. those types and a few more aswell... build your toon how ever you want healers will balance out the (OP) powers but device are a different story all together. and having mixed teams of sg's and other players will ensure that teams are not stacked.
  • gfnotaku1gfnotaku1 Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Now I'm curious.. how come no one's spoken about giving AT PvP a nice defibrillation?

Ya know.. we still exist.. somewhere.
    This post is brought to you by:
    Villain-Mart, the only shopping franchise that caters to that diabolic need. This week at Villain-Mart, save 2 dollars on smoke machines when you shop with your CrimeCard and get buy-one-get-one-free on henchmen and scientists. Villain-Mart! You might be criminal, but our prices aren't!
    edited September 2013
    gfnotaku1 wrote: »
    Now I'm curious.. how come no one's spoken about giving AT PvP a nice defibrillation?

Ya know.. we still exist.. somewhere.

They tried that about 2-3 weeks ago. Guess what happened.
  • mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This isn't a new idea, from about 8 months ago we've always wanted to start some sort of team pvp tournament type thing. This is a very important thing to get behind as it will hopefully get many more people interesting in PvP while also keeping things competitive. I am fully behind this and hope that others feel the same way. Spinnytop please keep the trolling down, no one cares about your opinions on random matters. :)

Ka ka!
  • gfnotaku1gfnotaku1 Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    They tried that about 2-3 weeks ago. Guess what happened.

Was it a party? I bet it was a party. With cheap hookers and cheaper booze flowing all throughout the yard. Man, brings me back to my younger years..
    This post is brought to you by:
    Villain-Mart, the only shopping franchise that caters to that diabolic need. This week at Villain-Mart, save 2 dollars on smoke machines when you shop with your CrimeCard and get buy-one-get-one-free on henchmen and scientists. Villain-Mart! You might be criminal, but our prices aren't!
    edited September 2013
    Retconin' to pbr/pa
    Acceptin' loans till devices get unbinded (steals your money) ~...^

Bummer, I have epilepsy so I have to leave the match if people are using pbr.
  • oobtreeoobtree Posts: 1,068 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This isn't a new idea, from about 8 months ago we've always wanted to start some sort of team pvp tournament type thing.

So... It was a new idea about 8 months ago because that's as far back as your PvP memory recall goes?
  • mrf0rz1mrf0rz1 Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    gfnotaku1 wrote: »
    Was it a party? I bet it was a party. With cheap hookers and cheaper booze flowing all throughout the yard. Man, brings me back to my younger years..

No... It's mostly tanks roaming the area looking for targets while the squishier ones fly high above the rest in constant teleport hoping that two tanks eventually start a fight between eachother.

Still, on the bright side, it's actually cool to wither someone down rather having to burst through it like hell in fear of the next MD or Ressurgence.

I'll try to get R.H.I.N.O. fixed up after the last fiasco.

• mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    oobtree wrote: »
    So... It was a new idea about 8 months ago because that's as far back as your PvP memory recall goes?

No. It was around 8 or 9 months ago that me, rapid, king and this random PvE guy called max wanted to start team PvP and literally started thinking of a team build. It never really worked out though as we hit a number of obstacles and ofcourse we went from STAR to Team VNM and then to SPECTRE. I'm just saying, I'm happy that we are finally getting it all started. :)
  • shadowzero66shadowzero66 Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Mega-D event is this weekend so that may cause attendance issues.
    Grind for the Grind God! Tokens for the Token Throne!
    edited September 2013
    Bummer, I have epilepsy so I have to leave the match if people are using pbr.

Arghhhhhhahaha this means easier wins for me yes?

Jokin', k, do you have the same issues with Tk assault?