Duratok Gorehowl
Real Soviet Damage
Dominus Drake

-List 2-
(5/5 Agreements)
Bunni B.O.T.
Slapperfish
OOG the Caveman!

-YES! YES!- (These are your Catagories - Click on the name to view a photo of your victim. :biggrin:)

Caliga
Flare (@Lectrohm)
Iris Irregular (TrailTurtle)
Thundrax
Thunder Cat
Zera (@Smorf)
Mentella (TheRavenForce)
Offender (@Smackwell)
DJ Sparkle Bunny (@Glass-Rose)
Your Tapeworm (@Vizzone)

Special Catagory (Longshot, Kitty Tempest, Xeimos) (@DZPlayer122)
-- Make a choice between these three characters and create your own homage of your selected character! There is only one winner out of this catagory.

100g+Key Per Winner (125g Prize/No Key for Special Catagory)! Up to 5 Honorable Mentions worth 25g each!

If any of the above plan on attending this, my only rule is that you can't go dressed as yourself.

A Homage: Recoloring of the original, Genderbend, Pieces Removed/Added, Resizing, or a Combination of the mentioned. Make sure you don't look exactly like the original or you might not be judged!

Costume Contest Completed.
Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    People as a category. Neat.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I agree, cool idea!
    biffsig.jpg
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited June 2013
    I'm fine people cosplaying as me -- although it'll be hard for anyone to top Retina Regular. :biggrin:
  • xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes.

You will now receive the Caliga Stamp of Endorsement!

caligastamp.png
  • jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No females?? Really?

EDIT: Aside from TT
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Good idea, in clean fun.

Just a suggestion, remembering Retina Regular.

Why not add a category for 'Multifarian Variant'?
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jerax got me thinking...what about a gender bender category.

such as:

Caligette

or

Ian Irregular
  • atringatring Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Some friends and I had a lot of fun with "Rule 63" for a couple of weeks. I'm not sure how the intended recipients would take it, since we were doing gender-opposite versions of characters from other IPs. (Some here may have seen a few of us hanging around Kodiak as gender-opposite versions of characters from a now-defunct game also made by Cryptic...)

To that end, would, perhaps, maybe signature character homages be a little "safer?" No direct egos to bruise, in theory.

Part of the problem since December, 2012.
  • towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited June 2013

such as:

Caligette

or

Ian Irregular

There's an entire Supergroup full of Caligettes, called Conquer. /hides
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • forutnefireforutnefire Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This pleases me~
    Anyone is allowed to use Flare as any type of homage category in their CCs. :)
    ~ Flare@Lectrohm (In-Game)

voos2b.jpg
    Flare's guide to hosting and judging costume contests!
    (link under construction)
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited June 2013
    There's an entire Supergroup full of catgirls, called Conquer. /hides

Fixed. :biggrin:

Personally, I'd have no problem with an Ian Irregular category -- I like seeing my characters reinterpreted.

(Also, because I inevitably feel the need to clarify whenever this comes up -- I, TrailTurtle, am male, the character of Iris is female.)
    edited June 2013

Personally, I'd have no problem with an Ian Irregular category -- I like seeing my characters reinterpreted.

(Also, because I inevitably feel the need to clarify whenever this comes up -- I, TrailTurtle, am male, the character of Iris is female.)

Yeah that's why I had to do the edit... I know Iris is a female toon, but since you are a guy.. I sorta glossed over that part :P

But I still say there should be more female toons on that list
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm OK with this
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

edited June 2013

Wait, what?

I was making a dark-haired skinny early 20's guy in a Champs T-shirt and flannel shirt over it....
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jerax1011 wrote: »
    No females?? Really?

EDIT: Aside from TT

Yeah! Where are the girls at? :wink:

Last time I saw a genderbent homage to Mentella I got MANTELLO *shudder* :biggrin::eek:
    edited June 2013
    Yeah! Where are the girls at? :wink:

Last time I saw a genderbent homage to Mentella I got MANTELLO *shudder* :biggrin::eek:
    Could be worse. Armigirl and Cyberstripper....
  • kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Could be worse. Armigirl and Cyberstripper....

I shudder to think what a Mister Behavin looks like.
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Like this Caliga Homage? (From one of B-Movie's CCs.)

Caligettes and catgirls? Hmm....

Also: No one pays attention to the women of CO, so they don't qualify as homage worthy.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kemmicals wrote: »
    I shudder to think what a Mister Behavin looks like.

sort of like Common Sense , Captain Chat Ban's nemesis- guy in a suit
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

edited June 2013
    sterga wrote: »
    Also: No one pays attention to the women of CO, so they don't qualify as homage worthy.

Hmmm I do wonder sometimes...
    EU5doX8.jpg
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    For what it's worth, you have my permission.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sounds cool, but now I are jealous. :biggrin:
  • forutnefireforutnefire Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I pay plenty of attention to the women of CO thank you very much.
    ~ Flare@Lectrohm (In-Game)

voos2b.jpg
    Flare's guide to hosting and judging costume contests!
    (link under construction)
  • xparibaxxparibax Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    A little too much Flare, and not always in the wanted ways.
    :P :P :P

• deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Alright, thanks for the replies. Got at this a little later than expected waiting for the outage to be resolved yesterday.

I only picked the people I've actually seen. I'm sorry if some of you that thought you'd be on the list aren't.
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)

• themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sterga wrote: »

..........indeed.

BritFist.png
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    edited June 2013
    Actually seen? Have you been to any CCs recently? Just pointing out that my main Bunni B.O.T. has been to a TON, along with characters like Thunder Cat, Sterga, Linden, DJ Sparkle Bunny, Liliah Montgomery, and countless others..

Not saying who does or doesn't deserve to be on the list, but it's a tad insulting that our characters don't get noticed in the same regard.
    EU5doX8.jpg
    edited June 2013
    Have you been to any CCs recently? Just pointing out that my main Bunni B.O.T. has been to a TON, along with characters like Thunder Cat, Sterga, Linden, DJ Sparkle Bunny, Liliah Montgomery, and countless others..

Not saying who does or doesn't deserve to be on the list, but it's a tad insulting that our characters don't get noticed in the same regard.

No, I've not been to a lot of CCs lately, but in regards to this I am considering adding an additional list for the above mentioned for another CC between a day or a week after I host the one currently on hand... or if you're willing to wait a bit longer than intended I can make the current list larger and ask for another 5 from this list. I can be flexible.

I'm starting from scratch having only recently gotten my subscription back. As it stands now, I barely have enough for one winner, that's why there isn't a date available. Time and Resources don't go well together when there's only one person on it, and I HATE asking for help.

edited June 2013
    Actually seen? Have you been to any CCs recently? Just pointing out that my main Bunni B.O.T. has been to a TON, along with characters like Thunder Cat, Sterga, Linden, DJ Sparkle Bunny, Liliah Montgomery, and countless others..

I see it as kind of rude to try to force yourself into this thing, especially with that attitude. Let the guy have his contest, and before this whole thread turns into a "Why didn't you pick me?" party, maybe try sending the guy a PM and ask politely to be included. Or start your own contest about your characters.

Honestly, there's no reason to be insulted for not being included.
    biffsig.jpg
    edited June 2013
    I see it as kind of rude to try to force yourself into this thing, especially with that attitude. Let the guy have his contest, and before this whole thread turns into a "Why didn't you pick me?" party, maybe try sending the guy a PM and ask politely to be included. Or start your own contest about your characters.

I'm not forcing myself in the CC at all, as a matter of fact I'd like to participate as a contestant in the CC, but since there was only one female I was wondering why there weren't more.

I happen to host ALOT of contests myself, and I'm in no way trying to tell him that so and so should be included in the lineup. It's just more fair to the community to have balanced "categories" if you will, so that people don't feel like they are left out.
    EU5doX8.jpg
  • towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm not forcing myself in the CC at all, as a matter of fact I'd like to participate as a contestant in the CC, but since there was only one female I was wondering why there weren't more.

I happen to host ALOT of contests myself, and I'm in no way trying to tell him that so and so should be included in the lineup. It's just more fair to the community to have balanced "categories" if you will, so that people don't feel like they are left out.

The only way to really ensure that nobody feels left out is to include absolutely everyone in the lineup. Good luck getting that to work.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Why not me in there? The cornerstone of positivity. The ever watching eye of righteous. The wild blue/white yonder.

No one is left out. Everyone can take part of the contest and make a costume.
    Balanced categories. That's funny.:biggrin:
    I think people are allowed to make what ever they choose to make of their contests. Don't like them, you are free not to butt in with what you like and want.
    Now slowly hop of the high horse.

And since your familiar with CCs, you could make a Homage CC For the Ladies. Problem solved.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    edited June 2013
    The only way to really ensure that nobody feels left out is to include absolutely everyone in the lineup. Good luck getting that to work.

^ This...

--

It's impossible to please everyone, but the best I can do is try. It's just a matter of whether or not everyone is patient enough for me to work up to what everyone's waiting for. I have also decided that I'm adding 5 more requests to the current line up.

Check the first post for updates.

• themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited June 2013

She never tried to force herself into the CC smacky. I think she explained why she is commenting in this thread. People post and a discussion ensues...you know this more than anyone as a moderator here.

I still think you're a force for good on these forums, but I feel you jumped on her a bit quick there. Just my view of what happened.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    edited June 2013
    She never tried to force herself into the CC smacky. I think she explained why she is commenting in this thread. People post and a discussion ensues...you know this more than anyone as a moderator here.

I still think you're a force for good on these forums, but I feel you jumped on her a bit quick there. Just my view of what happened.

Coming at the guy and saying you're insulted that you didn't get noticed, I think that's a bit harsh. Anyway, I'll drop it as I didn't mean to turn the thread into a bar brawl.
    biffsig.jpg
    edited June 2013

such as:

Caligette

or

Ian Irregular

Genderbends are considered homages, so you're free to do as you please. :3

• jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    See, this is the problem I have with this idea, now that I've thought it over: What kind of crowd is this CC going to cater to? The forum community, or the player community as a whole? We've identified who are the more well-known members of the forum community because we use the forums ourselves, but how about players who don't? You could make a zone ad inviting players to make costumes that are homages, but I expect that you'll be getting responses saying "Who's that?" from those who generally don't use the forums, especially players who have only recently started playing.

Another problem is that the character costumes that some of the well-know forum-users are using are already available in game, so how does one make a homage costume without looking more or less exactly like said character using the same costume pieces? Often you will see homage CCs based on characters from movies/games that don't have anything to do with Champions or the costume parts visually. This is doable because there is a challenge in using whatever's available to make something that's identical as possible to the source. Whoever has done the best job in doing so would deserve to win.

I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but those are the issues that came to mind regarding this CC's theme and I'd thought I'd just point them out.
    edited June 2013
    Coming at the guy and saying you're insulted that you didn't get noticed, I think that's a bit harsh. Anyway, I'll drop it as I didn't mean to turn the thread into a bar brawl.

*Throws beer bottle at Biffsmackwell*

*Backflips away*
  • mrf0rz1mrf0rz1 Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'd almost wonder what a female R.H.I.N.O. would look like.

Also, the very essence of the concept of that CC is very volatile, ego, all that.

• theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    [Permission Granted] - By Order of Mentella.

Someone HAS to post MANTELLO from my CC last night, probably the scariest thing..EVER!:biggrin:
    edited June 2013
    jennymachx wrote: »
    See, this is the problem I have with this idea, now that I've thought it over: What kind of crowd is this CC going to cater to? The forum community, or the player community as a whole? We've identified who are the more well-known members of the forum community because we use the forums ourselves, but how about players who don't? You could make a zone ad inviting players to make costumes that are homages, but I expect that you'll be getting responses saying "Who's that?" from those who generally don't use the forums, especially players who have only recently started playing.

Granted, I'm not much of a presence here or in the game, but my observation is that the general populace in game really could not care less. RP appears to be actively discouraged by some, even to the point of members attempting it being blocked as spammers. So, do the themes or don't, participate or don't, but it's not worth getting worked up about.

• fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    atring wrote: »
    could care less.

Could care less = you care

Couldn't care less = you don't care

Sorry pet peeve.:tongue:
    edited June 2013
    Fixed. Sorry. My brain goes faster than my fingers can type. :smile:

• flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Fixed. Sorry. My brain goes faster than my fingers can type. :smile:

Are you sure? :biggrin:
    could care not less
    Hey guys, you can help me out. If you see any people on the lists that have not said yes yet, tell them to drop by the thread and give me an answer.

• deniskaman95deniskaman95 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Why nobody mentioned known pvp players? Would've been definitely fun to see homages of people like Xeno, Kien, Sister Smash, Beau, Hraughr...
  • prankensteinprankenstein Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Why nobody mentioned known pvp players? Would've been definitely fun to see homages of people like Xeno, Kien, Sister Smash, Beau, Hraughr...

Xeno: Qularr parts painted black with green highlights

Kien: Mask of the Fool and random armour painted gold, blue and white.

Sister Smash: Bikini and Heavy Weapons.

Beau: Mask of the Fool.

GG. I win the PvP costume contest.
    ~~~The Tidal Tilde Wave of Seperation~~~
    I'd rather get STO's level of lockbox suck if worthwhile updates come with it. -Buxom
    edited June 2013

Because I have absolutely no idea who those people are, and if you haven't noticed this CC already has 10 confirmed categories. I just need some more people to say Yes before I start putting characters from my own roster in.

Also, 100g and a Key for each winner of this CC has been confirmed (+ Up to 5 Honorable Mentions worth 25g). You kids have fun now. :3

edited June 2013
    I'm down. Have at me!
    biffsig.jpg
  • vizzonevizzone Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I probably won't attend (taking a bit of a break from the game), but sure, feel free to have all the failed Teleios experiments you want!