A Special Homage CC

2»

Comments

• Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    deadman20 wrote: »
    Because I have absolutely no idea who those people are

Funny, I thought that the CC is based on the "more famed" players as identified by the community in general, and not based on whether a single person has heard of them or not.

But hey, it's your contest after all.
  • Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jennymachx wrote: »
    Funny, I thought that the CC is based on the "more famed" players as identified by the community in general, and not based on whether a single person has heard of them or not.

But hey, it's your contest after all.

The community never put up the candidates. The op put them up himself based on his exposure to the game. The confusion is yours Jenny. He has every right to choose who he wants as representatives.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    The community never put up the candidates. The op put them up himself based on his exposure to the game. The confusion is yours Jenny. He has every right to choose who he wants as representatives.

Fair enough.
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited June 2013

He does have every right, it's his CC. However, he did write "I plan on hosting a CC soon with homages to the more famed players of CO!".

Jenny is not confused, she's just going by what the OP said in his first post.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    sagewithbubblessagewithbubbles Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How do you know RSD isn't female?

Gender-checking a giant bear isn't the safest of things to do...

Seki, please don't kill me.

The user formerly known as Dr. Sage.
    Funny, I thought that the CC is based on the "more famed" players as identified by the community in general.
    He does have every right, it's his CC. However, he did write "I plan on hosting a CC soon with homages to the more famed players of CO!".

There was never any indication that the community in general had any input into who the candidates were.

The comment is based again on his references, who HE thinks is the most famed based on his experience with the game.
  • Options
    towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Then in a later post, the OP said this:
    Alright, thanks for the replies. Got at this a little later than expected waiting for the outage to be resolved yesterday.

I only picked the people I've actually seen. I'm sorry if some of you that thought you'd be on the list aren't.

So yes, there was some confusion.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    There was never any indication that the community in general had any input into who the candidates were.

The comment is based again on his references, who HE thinks is the most famed based on his experience with the game.

I only made the comment because of my understanding that a famous person is considered famous because a whole lot of people are aware of that person's name due to whatever it is that has made that person well-known, thus why I said "as identified by the community in general".

I came across as snarky in my first post, and I do apologize for that, and acknowledge that it's the host's right whatever the case to run the CC however they want. It's their investment of prize money and time after all, not mine.
  • Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I only made the comment because of my understanding that a famous person is considered famous because a whole lot of people are aware of that person's name due to whatever it is that has made that person well-known, thus why I said "as identified by the community in general".

I can see your P.O.V. and don't think you are wrong.:wink:
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    for some reason every time I see the name Iris Irregular (and now Regina Regular) I think of a character in a laxative commercial.

I would just like to thank Trail Turtle (NOT) for this
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Quick Question...cannot go as yourself <--regarding the statement in OP.

Does this mean that if I turn up to see Mentella homages;

I can't come dressed as Mentella?

OR

I can't actually come AS Mentella and would have to take another toon?
  • Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Quick Question...cannot go as yourself <--regarding the statement in OP.

Does this mean that if I turn up to see Mentella homages;

I can't come dressed as Mentella?

OR

I can't actually come AS Mentella and would have to take another toon?

You can't be dressed as Mentella. You can still be Mentella, but you can't be in the Psi-esque costume which I will be judging by. :3

Though if you've recently changed it I may need to look it over.
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

• Options
    flashhelixflashhelix Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Promoting internet celebrity syndrome and attention-whoring. This thread and contest both get a nice big wag of my finger.

Hypnotic.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    flashhelix wrote: »
    Promoting internet celebrity syndrome and attention-whoring. This thread and contest both get a nice big wag of my finger.

I do what I want. ;3
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)

• Options
    edited June 2013

Most of the people whose names are on the lists whom I'm familiar with are far from what you'd call "celebrities". From my observation during the past three years, they're just long-time veterans players who have a significant presence on the forums, especially having made contributions to the community. They certain don't act like celebrities to me.

This is just a harmless fun homage to them.
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well, yeah. That and it's good to know I'm not well received so that I can change my behavior.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bluhman wrote: »
    Well, yeah. That and it's good to know I'm not well received so that I can change my behavior.

Obviously we're not as awesome as their
    COOLNEWFRIENDS_zps7835319b.jpg

COOL NEW FRIENDS!
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Hypnotic.gif

And i know where you can stick that finger.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    bluhman wrote: »

Trust me, these lists are a poor representation. This was all done on the spur of the moment and I had loads of trouble remembering names which probably should've been on a list anyway.

My brain doesn't like to process things. :3

• Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You can't be dressed as Mentella. You can still be Mentella, but you can't be in the Psi-esque costume which I will be judging by. :3

Though if you've recently changed it I may need to look it over.

Check out the link in my signature to my PRIMUS page, the profile pic there (black and pink) is the one I usually use, are you referring to her "Psireen" look OR her "New Start" costume (the one with the psionic manifestations).

Just let me know if it is her:

Modern - (Black and Pink)

OR

Psireen - PSI days

OR

New Start - Post PSI

Ty ^^
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Check out the link in my signature to my PRIMUS page, the profile pic there (black and pink) is the one I usually use, are you referring to her "Psireen" look OR her "New Start" costume (the one with the psionic manifestations).

Just let me know if it is her:

Modern - (Black and Pink)

OR

Psireen - PSI days

OR

New Start - Post PSI

Ty ^^

It shall be the Modern one. :3

• Options
    edited June 2013
    CC is considered cancelled until PWE/Cryptic can fix the issue with Subscriptions and compensates. - Because I lost my sub. :/

That's all I have to update you guys with today... sorry this didn't go the way I wanted.

• Options
    jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You too huh? Sorry man... Hopefully now that Cryptic has admitted to a problem they can get it fixed pronto so we can get back to enjoying the game again.
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    PWE says the issue has been resolved, but I still have no "Active" subscription. I will be attempting to restart it when I get the chance.

I am very upset that there appears to be no compensation coming in, so this may very well be my last subscription and costume contest.

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Bumpity...

A date and time has been found! Let's hope PWE doesn't mess this one up.

• Options
    forutnefireforutnefire Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Uh, did you intend to use me in my old SG uniform for a SG that no longer exists? lol

If not, use my regular dragon which is that first picture on Flare's wiki.
    ~ Flare@Lectrohm (In-Game)

voos2b.jpg
    Flare's guide to hosting and judging costume contests!
    (link under construction)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Uh, did you intend to use me in my old SG uniform for a SG that no longer exists? lol

If not, use my regular dragon which is that first picture on Flare's wiki.

I basically just scrounged around for these, but thanks for finding me an update. :tongue: