test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Subs Update

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited June 2013 in Super News Network
Hello all,

We're currently investigating an issue where a small percentage of players have been having their Gold status lapsed prematurely. This is an issue that we're aware of, and we're working on getting it resolved as fast and completely as possible.

Keep an eye on this space -- as soon as this is resolved, we'll make sure to post. We don't have an ETA just yet, as we're looking into ways we can mass-fix this issue, and hopefully our engineering team will be able to magic up a solution. We'll make sure everyone's kept in the loop as we learn more.

Thanks for your help identifying and detailing this issue, everyone, we appreciate the help!

-TrailTurtle
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Good to know TrailTurtle! Thanks for the heads up :3

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    klitty wrote: »
    Good to know TrailTurtle! Thanks for the heads up :3

Glad I could help!
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ah, excellent! I do hope that this might explain my missing stipends.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bluhman wrote: »
    Ah, excellent! I do hope that this might explain my missing stipends.

I think it'll explain a whole lot of related issues.
  • Options
    pallihwtfpallihwtf Posts: 677 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hello all

and hopefully our engineering team will be able to magic up a solution.
    able to magic up a solution.
    able to magic up a solution.

Magic, got it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Pallih in game
  • Options
    skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Can anything be done then about people who were on that discount deal of $30 for 3 months and then lapsed from the error?

I know support already told me "It's not our system or our fault, it's whoever you're with" but given they are now acknowledging there is the issue. What now?
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,086 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Palliah, you forget, Cryptic North have...the Magic Force.

You will be blown away by their..magic...:biggrin::wink:

On a serious note, thanks TT ^_^
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    It's a little different this time, the customer support were denying there being any problem with their systems, not we have an admittance of a fault with their subscriptions so once they admit it things should be fixed.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Okay... this sucks. So i logged in today and realised i was one of the ones made silver... screw this, so not only did i have to deal with the BS when my discounted sub rate was not renewed as it should have been by crpytic, but now i have to wait for this part to be fixed for the 1 month i bought purely for bloodmoon which i ended up missing anyway -.-
  • Options
    generic5generic5 Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I too am one of the many whose accounts have gone to Silver. I can't play any of my characters because they're all Freeform.

Patiently waiting . . . :cool:
    ~~~~~

"We do not do this thing because it is permitted. We do it because we have to. We do it because we are compelled." - Rorschach

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~~~~~
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Purged some stuff from here.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    You guys might want to inform customer support that there's something actually wrong with the subscriptions:
    While I wish that I had more information for you and could help you with your subscription payment further, unfortunately, I am unable to. As I have stated several times, the only information I have is the error code that we receive. I am sorry that the information is not helpful to you. I have checked your subscription history again and see that you are receiving the same error code. Unfortunately, I do not know why or how to resolve it. If your bank does not know, I recommend that you try a different payment method (credit card, paypal, or game time card). I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. As I do not have any way to assist you further, this ticket is considered resolved and will not be responded to again. Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you for playing!
  • Options
    dpglerchdpglerch Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    pallihwtf wrote: »
    Magic, got it.

Love the signature a hero with nothing to do kinda common it seems :smile:
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    You guys might want to inform customer support that there's something actually wrong with the subscriptions:

At least your support seemed apologetic, mine just wanted to say the issue is on my side and not theirs...
  • Options
    o0ka1n0oo0ka1n0o Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just stumbled across this post, thanks for the heads up TrailTurtle, I've experienced this as well, but because of paypal, no transaction seems to have gone through, yet I was able to play as a Gold member as if it had for a few days.

I bought zen from the store and that payment went through.

I have no idea if you guys will be attempting to bill me with a recurring fee for what I thought I was paying for, because supposedly my account is inactive so there's no way for me to cancel anything.

I wish I was playing right now, but I can't so I'm here typing this up.

Edit: Thanks again for the updates TrailTurtle.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    This may be resolved later tonight. I'll update as I learn more.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    This should be resolved.
  • Options
    anathema4uanathema4u Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    so this sounds like it just happened to me. Now, I didn't play for a day and now suddenly, I'm Silver, within ten days after my three month subscription. . I would like to know if this has been really resolved Thank you.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    anathema4u wrote: »
    so this sounds like it just happened to me. Now, I didn't play for a day and now suddenly, I'm Silver, within ten days after my three month subscription. . I would like to know if this has been really resolved Thank you.

It's as resolved as much as the bug with Bullet Bound for Biselle Open mission bugs were resolved

P.S: Bullet Bound for Biselle was never revolved despite their claim.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Well, I've sent them another ticket. I hope to get this cleared up. I was starting to enjoy the game again and this really bites it for me.
  • Options
    klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    anathema4u wrote: »
    Well, I've sent them another ticket. I hope to get this cleared up. I was starting to enjoy the game again and this really bites it for me.

That's not usually a good idea. You need to have only one ticket open and update that ticket. Opening a new ticket is like leaving your queue to go to the end of another line hoping it will go faster.

Something a bit like this:

post-7507-lines-xMUl.gif

And I really hope this issue gets resolved for everyone. My partner was under the 3 months for 30$ and we are waiting for the resolution.

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • Options
    jaybee37jaybee37 Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, my sub went inactive again. I'm not sure exactly when it happened. Still in the "forwarded your ticket to Billing Support" phase. I tried to reup on Wednesday, so the unsub went through sometime after then.

It says I'm still subbed until the 21st of June. You guys are losing money on this, I hope it's fixed. I'm gonna go update my ticket.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    So... a problem claimed fixed but not actually fixed?

Typical of PWE/Cryptic.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    klitty wrote: »
    That's not usually a good idea. You need to have only one ticket open and update that ticket. Opening a new ticket is like leaving your queue to go to the end of another line hoping it will go faster.

Something a bit like this:

And I really hope this issue gets resolved for everyone. My partner was under the 3 months for 30$ and we are waiting for the resolution.

Good luck. I've already made a thread about this BS before, and filed a ticket. Supports response was basically "Even though everything we touch is riddled with buggy code, the problem is not with us, it's you, because we say it is"

Then they'll admit freely to all the bugs in the world, but deny the exact problem you're talking about, then deny bugs they previously admitted the next day when you also file a ticket about them. This entire damned thing is bogus. And as i said before, It's intentional sabotage, get people off the 3 months for $30 deal, make it look like it's a real bug hitting anyone, not just the $30 deal people and presto no more promo rates, charge them full price. That's why they won't use a grace period system for subscription.

inb4 this post is removed for trade secrets, if this vanishes, you know why.
  • Options
    celtictitanceltictitan Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So here's my question, as "This should be resolved" is about as clear as mud. Does this statement mean that all of us that suddenly went Silver should already be back at Gold with all lost time having been refunded or does it mean that it will work but only if we reactivate our subs? If it's the first, then, I'm sorry, but it's still not yet resolved. If it's the second, then I have to admit, I'm sorely disappointed.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Join the club, a few of us have been stuck in this crap of theirs. even people with a special discount rate if they maintained the subscription getting forced into lapse because of THEIR system then claiming it's not their fault and refuse to fix it.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I just can't believe this is the way it is all being handled. I certainly do not wish to come off as rude to any of them, but you would think a paying customer would warrant a little more attention. However, our Support Tickets go ignored for days and we haven't even gotten a reply in this forum for 4 days since it was supposedly fixed. Even a "Hey, sorry guys, but obviously it's not fixed." or a "Hey guys, it's fixed, but we're not gonna refund your lost time, just sign up again." would be nice.
  • Options
    seazombie64seazombie64 Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    it's happening to me as well, no answer to my ticket either
  • Options
    storm4jyotistorm4jyoti Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This sucks. My special subscribed rate went inactive and I had no idea what happened. This makes me sad.
  • Options
    pyrodysc2pyrodysc2 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's still happening, because I logged off Live to switch to the PTS and was instantly dropped from Gold to Silver.
  • Options
    damedarkstardamedarkstar Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My sub kicked me to silver after ten days exactly. I have contacted support still waiting on an answer. I also signed up for the three month thing I'd love to get the service I am paying for. And yes I've checked the payment is going through.

Oh yes and updated my ticket still no response..
  • Options
    jaybee37jaybee37 Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I got an answer to my ticket. Essentially, they said that it seems to be some sort of failure to authorize on my bank's part. I think that's a load of crap--my Zen store purchases go through fine.

Anyway, my sub expires Friday, and I'm going to give it one more try. After that, I'm afraid I can't have any confidence in CO's billing practices. It's a shame, too. I really want to support the game.

So I guess we'll see.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I just can't believe this is the way it is all being handled. I certainly do not wish to come off as rude to any of them, but you would think a paying customer would warrant a little more attention. However, our Support Tickets go ignored for days and we haven't even gotten a reply in this forum for 4 days since it was supposedly fixed. Even a "Hey, sorry guys, but obviously it's not fixed." or a "Hey guys, it's fixed, but we're not gonna refund your lost time, just sign up again." would be nice.

Ikr, shameful. On the otherhand, i recently had the best customer service from the Ubisoft Australia Support page on facebook with resolving some issues on their support website due to the game not being listed in the drop menu they helped me fix the issue so i could send a ticket for the real problem, and while it did take longer than i hoped, in the end they were able to fix it.

Needless to say i made sure to tell all the staff involved thanks, and wished all services could learn from them in how to handle an issue.
  • Options
    onlyepicwolfonlyepicwolf Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Still waiting for my stipend to arrive. I was charged a week later than I should have, and it's over another week of waiting for the stipend to be applied.
  • Options
    flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Still waiting for my stipend to arrive. I was charged a week later than I should have, and it's over another week of waiting for the stipend to be applied.

Same here. When my stipend was late last month, I put in a ticket and was told my next one would be on June 10th. On the 11th, I put in a ticket because I hadn't received the one on the 10th, and I was told it could take up to 10 days to actually arrive. Then yesterday I got an email telling me that "some accounts received three stipends in April, and if you were one, you won't receive a stipend this month. Please be patient while we sort matters out."

In the ticket I submitted on the 11th, I requested a recond of the dates my stipend had been applied on. No such info was delivered. I'm kinda annoyed, because I'm sure I did NOT get three stipends in April.
    edited June 2013
    Same here, I didn't receive any stipend up ahead, and it's my 2nd or 3rd week waiting now. Bought some Zen as I was in need of it, but still waiting for the darn 500 to hurry it up. Sent my ticket last night, we'll see how it goes.
  • Options
    etherfalconetherfalcon Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Resolved? Not for me... still showing silver, still can't access any of my toons. Still waiting on my ticket.

:mad:
  • Options
    tresfoiltresfoil Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ah ok, I thought I was going crazy for a moment thinking a month had already passed since I re-subbed. I haven't submitted a ticket yet, but I will just for documentation purposes.
  • Options
    kittyanonkittyanon Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm not getting my stipend on time either. The last one I got was in April when they had that bug that accidentally gave you two stipends, and as I was notified of that situation I was fine with not getting one last month to make up for it. When I sent in the ticket they said I'd receive my next one mid-June. It's now two days after I usually get my Zen and I have nothing.
    =^..^= ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ =^..^=
    Formerly known as kittyclawz.

In-game handle: @Miss.Kittyclawz
  • Options
    kharma23kharma23 Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kittyanon wrote: »
    I'm not getting my stipend on time either. The last one I got was in April when they had that bug that accidentally gave you two stipends, and as I was notified of that situation I was fine with not getting one last month to make up for it. When I sent in the ticket they said I'd receive my next one mid-June. It's now two days after I usually get my Zen and I have nothing.

Same situation here, excpet it's about a week late.

It's always something, huh?

You're a lunatic with a mad man's dream of a milk proof robot!

Someone over in STO seems to have uncovered the problem:
    cathgar457 wrote: »
    I have had to go all the way through my bank and then Visa to try and figure out what is going on.

Visa have stated that the following:

13 June $1 check details fee.
    14 June $14.99 attempt but the merchant forgot the CVV (so your system stuffed up).
    Since then 3 x $1 check details but no attempt at the $14.99 subscription.

At the moment your system is not working properly and so it is not taking the subscription fees and therefore is making accounts inactive.

I have tried to explain this to Billing but I am getting nowhere.

Please do not delete this as it might explain to others that are having this problem, what is going on.

From: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=10923891&postcount=128
  • Options
    flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Update: I finally got my stipend, 9 days late. As a LTS, I can't make any useful commentary on the Gold/Silver issue, but if you're having the stipend problem, put in a support ticket or update your ticket if you already have one - it might not have anything to do with it getting resolved, but it can't hurt.
    edited June 2013
    Actually they'll just repeat the same BS line they've been giving everyone. It might not hurt physically, but the deplorable nature of PWE customer support makes it both emotionally and mentally damaging.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    To clear things up, my bad. I didn't actually send them another ticket, I updated the one I sent. Sad to hear so many others are having the same problem. I want this to be fixed, and I want to like this game.
  • Options
    dragonyleviathandragonyleviathan Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i like to play... but, my account misterious back to silver, but i never canceled my gold account... what happened... i like to play this a lot of times, and iam have a some strange "bug" that dont permit me play this game anymore because all my gold characters still locked and my account saying iam are silver, wtf? i paying for playing this.. if this not fixed i need a refund because this :confused:
  • Options
    nrgxlr8rnrgxlr8r Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Champions Online
    Type: 1-Month Recurring Gold
    Subscribed For: 9.0 days

This is NOT most satisfying.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    i like to play... but, my account misterious back to silver, but i never canceled my gold account... what happened... i like to play this a lot of times, and iam have a some strange "bug" that dont permit me play this game anymore because all my gold characters still locked and my account saying iam are silver, wtf? i paying for playing this.. if this not fixed i need a refund because this :confused:

Actually there's no need for a refund because an error in PWE's subscription system isn't actually taking the money. That's why the accounts are going inactive.

Well, no need for one unless you've had $1 deducted for verification like those of us who've tried reactivating.

And no surprise, I went inactive again. It's not fixed.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Actually, a lot of us were dropped exactly 10 days after our new subscription fees went through and a lot of those people (not myself) were signing up for the 90 day special rate. So, I got hosed out of 20 days worth of gold status, but some folks got hosed for 80, so ya, I'd say a refund or all that time being put back on our accounts would be in order. Probably never see it though since they're blaming the banks.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Actually, a lot of us were dropped exactly 10 days after our new subscription fees went through and a lot of those people (not myself) were signing up for the 90 day special rate. So, I got hosed out of 20 days worth of gold status, but some folks got hosed for 80, so ya, I'd say a refund or all that time being put back on our accounts would be in order. Probably never see it though since they're blaming the banks.

The subscription fee doesn't go through at signup; it's merely queued on PWE's buggy subscription system. Unless you have an actual statement from your bank that the payment went through, then it likely did not.

Here's a further update post from our sleuth on the STO boards after the Community Manager there tried suggesting that maybe his card's CVV changed:
    cathgar457 wrote: »
    @ Brandon

No, CVV is correct as card is valid until 2015 and I have only subbed in the past 3 weeks.

Details have been verified as correct.

When the $14.99 payment was requested by PWE the system just did not put through the CVV, but as to why I have 4 x $1 verification payments sitting on my account and no further requests for the $14.99 monthly payment, is baffling.

It's like the system is checking the account and nothing else.

My account atm shows ACTIVE with Next billing date June 22, 2013 (that was after it was made inactive after a few days and I re-subbed, which has happened twice in 3 weeks). The last time I re-subbed it put through 2 x $1 verification charges at the same time so it jumped from 2 to 4 on my account.

Will be interesting to see if on 22 June whether I become inactive again or get charged 4 x $14.99.

Still waiting on ticket reply.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=10938831&postcount=141
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I'm one of the people with the 3 month special rates that was affected by this BS, for me, no money was taken for that one. I'd still like them to FIX my issue though and return me to that special rate. and if they are going to continue to claim they can't manually return someone to that rate as it does not exist as an option anymore, they can start a new promotion with that deal back