Subs Update

2»

Comments

• Options
    cathgar457cathgar457 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's me and my latest rants on STO.
    cathgar457 wrote:
    Sorry Brandon (pwebranflakes) as I probably should not post this but I am at a loss.

After supplying all of the information from my bank and from visa to billing support, they just replied that it is a problem with my bank.

I have spent hours on this problem and I am really at a loss as to what to do next.

I know I can get banned from stating what happens with tickets but I am a customer and not getting any real support.

I have PM'd you in hope."

"As I have stated here and to Billing Support in frustration.

If it is my bank problem, how can the $1 account verification go through seeing as how it uses the exact same information as the $14.99 subscription which is not getting requested.

How can it be a problem with my bank when both my banks and VISA's support departments have verified it is a problem with PWE?

And if it is a problem with my bank, why are other people having the same problem both here and at CO?

I am getting so frustrated with this after spending hours following this up and spending time on the phone that I am just about ready to wipe my hands of it.

Please don't ban me for the rant.
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sure, sure, it must be a problem with ALL of our banks. Some magical faerie is going around and making it impossible for the banks to send money to poor little PWE. :rolleyes:

Seriously, is this heated denial from PWE that anything is wrong with their system part of some Chinese cultural thing?
  • Options
    luesatchmo402luesatchmo402 Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey yo. This just happened to me today and now I'm stuck as a little baby Grimoire screwing around in Westside. Fix it please.
    two lines of plain text
    the best kind of signature
  • Options
    dragonyleviathandragonyleviathan Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i hope this thing is solved... its sad i never had this before... and iam unable to play because my subscription misterious inactive...

Subscribed For: 622 Days
    Subscription Status: Inactive

and... i use the same payment card in other mmo... but only here have this problem, i think nothing is wrong with my card, its the problem with PWE... and about the refund... i dont talk about only money. i talk about my time without play because this problem.. i need something or fix this fast.. or give me something... for the days i lost to play because of this problem, (sorry iam brazilian, and my international card have no problem with oter things... this is a PWE fault.. its need to fix.. and fast... PWE lost money too if this not fixed.. i dont understand.. "for the love of Dragons" why PWE dont fix this because this is a lost for the PWE too not only for us.... well... i hope this is fixed later! "cya"
  • Options
    jaybee37jaybee37 Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I realize that there are likely people working on this issue, however, three things are being mishandled in this case:

1. Customer service people aren't being apprised of the situation. This leads them to point to the customer's bank, which then leads to a boilerplate response about the issue. The boilerplate is wrong in this case, and the CS people (and thus, the company) look as if they don't care.

2. No additional information has been added to this thread regarding a game breaking issue since last week. If you have Gold characters, you can't play them as Silver.

3. Those who were on the special rate are going to have special issues resubbing at that special rate. No mention has been made of those people, or even an acknowledgement that these issues exist.

This is a PR nightmare, and I've never had an online company make it so difficult for me to give them money.

Btw, my latest attempt to resub last night seems to have ended in failure.
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jaybee37 wrote: »
    I realize that there are likely people working on this issue, however, three things are being mishandled in this case:

1. Customer service people aren't being apprised of the situation. This leads them to point to the customer's bank, which then leads to a boilerplate response about the issue. The boilerplate is wrong in this case, and the CS people (and thus, the company) look as if they don't care.

2. No additional information has been added to this thread regarding a game breaking issue since last week. If you have Gold characters, you can't play them as Silver.

3. Those who were on the special rate are going to have special issues resubbing at that special rate. No mention has been made of those people, or even an acknowledgement that these issues exist.

This is a PR nightmare, and I've never had an online company make it so difficult for me to give them money.

Btw, my latest attempt to resub last night seems to have ended in failure.

Honestly, this entirely sounds like the Cryptic we all know and laugh at. And it's not the good kind of laughing.

Makes me wonder when my account is due up for renewal on their 'special rate'...

*looks*

September. Here's to hoping it's all fixed by then. *sighs*
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    jaybee37jaybee37 Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Is there a Support service for Billing Support?

Every time I communicate with these people, it seems like we aren't speaking the same language. For instance, when I point to forum posts about the current issues, they tell me my issue is different.

As far as I can tell, it isn't. If they have information to the contrary, I certainly haven't seen it. Now, I realize that I'm the customer, and I'm not immediately entitled to all of the information they have available, but telling me something without indicating the difference in the two events is tantamount to dismissing me with a handwave.

Also, support people tend to disregard the information I send them. I'm updating my ticket every couple of days, telling them I've spoken with my bank and updated my information in the store. Just today I get a statement that I have to go to my bank with the error code.

Of course, I already went to the bank, and they told me that they have no idea why PWE elected NOT to withdraw the funds after authorization. And yes, they did authorize.

I guess I'm thoroughly stupid, because I'm actually giving them one more chance to take my money by attempting a PayPal transaction this weekend. I'm sure I'll have something more to report once this is done.
  • Options
    danielpenfolddanielpenfold Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hello all,

We're currently investigating an issue where a small percentage of players have been having their Gold status lapsed prematurely. This is an issue that we're aware of, and we're working on getting it resolved as fast and completely as possible.

Keep an eye on this space -- as soon as this is resolved, we'll make sure to post. We don't have an ETA just yet, as we're looking into ways we can mass-fix this issue, and hopefully our engineering team will be able to magic up a solution. We'll make sure everyone's kept in the loop as we learn more.

Thanks for your help identifying and detailing this issue, everyone, we appreciate the help!

-TrailTurtle

That's good :)
    I'm so happy :D
  • Options
    rowan79rowan79 Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't know how it usually is here, but some big name companies actually hire out their customer service to temp companies, so that the information they themselves have is limited to what pops up on their screen. But, since Cryptic is part of pwi now isnt it just more expediant to use a form of paypal or moneybookers to wire the money through. That would take this lame excuse of it being a "bank problem". Sure they might want to play the "its paypal's problem" card, but in this instance you have another entity backing you up when yu know, and they know that the money was sent to them.

"Do you know what power is? Power is control of men who are lesser than you."
  • Options
    slowecsl4pweslowecsl4pwe Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am also continuing to have this problem. It has been ongoing since May and this is the third time my Gold account has gone inactive. Thankfully so far the system has accepted my payment to reactivate the last two times, but it doesn't seem to stick.

It will remain active for maybe 1-2 weeks, then I log into my account and find it inactive again. This is becoming an issue as I subscribe to the monthly plan and I budget the $14.99 every month and this issue is creating havoc with said budget.

I do hope that they get this problem solved soon, as this is becoming a real issue for me, and obviously for many others according to this and other threads.

Champions Online
    Type: 1-Month Recurring Gold
    Play Time Until: July 1, 2013
    Subscribed For: 483.11 days

Time to try to reactivate again it seems.

Apathy is on the rise, but nobody seems to care.
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,066 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've had friends complaining to me about this happening to their account. As a lifer not affecting me so far but I did receive 1.3k Zen yesterday..which was odd..
  • Options
    slowecsl4pweslowecsl4pwe Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well this account thing is really annoying, but I could do with a nice "gift" for the inconvenience and irritation of the whole thing.:biggrin:

Apathy is on the rise, but nobody seems to care.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    sorry.. but... iam not pay a recurring subscription to play as a silver.. and iam not like to play the game over and over again because this is a PWE fault not mine ok? Sorry but i need this to fix.. my account continues inactive, and what type of people are PWE... for what make a forum if only users hear us but the improtant is the PWE hear us... i have 1 week with this problema and 1 week without play this... and silver limited character is not fun to me.. and i like to play with my gold characters good ones and very well made by me, iam not make all over again because its not my fault ok: well sorry but i need this problem fixed fast!!!!! Its only game i like and only game permit me to play as a Dragon Hero... no other games make me better than this... but i ok its my final words...! :mad:

and only observation.. some people talk about this perhaps is problem with pay pal.. but i dont use pay pal.. i use my international card... "direct payment" and this problem is unforgetable!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    jaybee37 wrote: »
    Is there a Support service for Billing Support?

Every time I communicate with these people, it seems like we aren't speaking the same language. For instance, when I point to forum posts about the current issues, they tell me my issue is different.

As far as I can tell, it isn't. If they have information to the contrary, I certainly haven't seen it. Now, I realize that I'm the customer, and I'm not immediately entitled to all of the information they have available, but telling me something without indicating the difference in the two events is tantamount to dismissing me with a handwave.

Also, support people tend to disregard the information I send them. I'm updating my ticket every couple of days, telling them I've spoken with my bank and updated my information in the store. Just today I get a statement that I have to go to my bank with the error code.

Of course, I already went to the bank, and they told me that they have no idea why PWE elected NOT to withdraw the funds after authorization. And yes, they did authorize.

I guess I'm thoroughly stupid, because I'm actually giving them one more chance to take my money by attempting a PayPal transaction this weekend. I'm sure I'll have something more to report once this is done.

I used PayPal after all of these problems, and PayPal worked and it uses the exact same details as what I was using on the PWE account.

On my ticket, I sent a copy of the receipt from PayPal and requested confirmation from PWE that they had received the payment from PayPal. Will wait and see if I get a response.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    cathgar457 wrote: »
    I used PayPal after all of these problems, and PayPal worked and it uses the exact same details as what I was using on the PWE account.

On my ticket, I sent a copy of the receipt from PayPal and requested confirmation from PWE that they had received the payment from PayPal. Will wait and see if I get a response.

I'll await your report, but this guy seemed to be experiencing the same wonky problems with PayPal, so I wouldn't hope for much:
    o0ka1n0o wrote: »
    Just stumbled across this post, thanks for the heads up TrailTurtle, I've experienced this as well, but because of paypal, no transaction seems to have gone through, yet I was able to play as a Gold member as if it had for a few days.

I bought zen from the store and that payment went through.

I have no idea if you guys will be attempting to bill me with a recurring fee for what I thought I was paying for, because supposedly my account is inactive so there's no way for me to cancel anything.

I wish I was playing right now, but I can't so I'm here typing this up.

Edit: Thanks again for the updates TrailTurtle.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Hopefully it has worked then as I have a receipt from PayPal stating that payment has been sent to Cryptic and I noticed my billing date changed from 22 June to 22 July.

Just have to wait and see.
  • Options
    skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey guys, i just got an update from for my ticket and guess what!!!!!

Yeah, not only did they not even reference this entire issue which i even provided them a link to this thread, they implied the issue is because my bank is strict and i must have made a typo in my sub.

Conclusion? According to PWE/Cryptic, we're all morons who can't spell our own address and they never make mistakes/bugs.

Chatban abuse and bullet bound for biselle and all of CO = Working as intended.
  • Options
    seazombie64seazombie64 Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    skcark wrote: »

Yeah, not only did they not even reference this entire issue which i even provided them a link to this thread, they implied the issue is because my bank is strict and i must have made a typo in my sub.

Conclusion? According to PWE/Cryptic, we're all morons who can't spell our own address and they never make mistakes/bugs.

I got response from billing support that said the same thing. So after almost 2 years, now my bank sees a problem?
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sounds like they really care about people that are(were) willing to pay money for a sub, instead of pampering nonpaying customers of 'another' game.
    Wait......
    :rolleyes:
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Oh yeah, forgot to mention, i even said in the first response, not to advertise NWO as a show of good faith you're not an automated response, it advertised NWO
  • Options
    bombermangoldbombermangold Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So uhh...had this happen to me as well. And unlike others I just had one-month recurring when all of a sudden *poof*, my Gold vanished.

Getting additional news about what's being done will help, if only they'll even bother letting the Turtle out to even speak to us again.
  • Options
    jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Adding this to the umm... lineup I suppose..

I've already posted in the forums about my account issues ( http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=228631), but since TT started this one thought it might get noticed here.

This really sucks, I have an alt account that I made to still be in the game. But as an SG leader and a Costume Contest hostess/participant.. I"m reduced to standing around not doing the things I loved to do in this game ><
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • Options
    edited June 2013

It's called "refuge in audacity."
  • Options
    redshirtprimeredshirtprime Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well this is the second time this has happened within a month. This is getting f'n ridiculous. If you don't want my money, then say so. :mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    It's called "refuge in audacity."

I don't know what you're meaning by that.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    not fix yet?
  • Options
    drreverenddrreverend Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just wanted to chime in that I've had this issue too and it cost me the $10/month deal I had gotten back in September. I was nonplussed over that. I reported this to Support, which sent it to Billing, and after a week and a half, I got back a song and dance about some "error" on my end which suddenly meant their attempt to take my money got rejected.

They suggested I had put in something different in my account, like writing "Street" instead of "St." had triggered the bank to reject it. Which is garbage. I've been using this same credit card with PW since September and never had a problem before.

And now they're saying that because someone screwed up, it's costing me - at no fault of my own - the deal I had subbed under. No bueno, guys.
  • Options
    danteandersendanteandersen Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I know three cases of people being screwed:

One had the 3 months for $30 deal get cancelled on them. They walked from the game completely because of it.

Another had a recurring subscription, and their account was forcibly lapsed into Silver status because PWE cancelled the collection.

A third got cancelled into Silver off of a recurring subscription. They tried restarting the recurring subscription, paid for a month's time and got pushed BACK to Silver after a week.

This needs to be fixed... yesterday! This is quickly becoming a LEGAL issue (especially in the third case, since the money was received by PWE/Cryptic for a month's subscription, yet did not get the product they purchased (only got a week of Gold sub instead of a month), the courts will see that as the tactic known as "bait and switch").

I find it interesting that this is ONLY happening in CO, and not STO or Neverwinter... because if the same thing happened there, CBS and/or Wizards of the Coast's lawyers would be all over them. As I hear more and more of these reports coming in, this is starting to be the beginning of the end for Champions Online.

My prediction: in a few months, this game is handed completely over to Cryptic North. In up to six month's time after that, Perfect World will claim a big loss on Champions Online and nuke Cryptic North.

-END OF LINE
  • Options
    jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I find it interesting that this is ONLY happening in CO, and not STO or Neverwinter... because if the same thing happened there, CBS and/or Wizards of the Coast's lawyers would be all over them.

Actually STO ~is~ having this issue, I'm unaware if NWO is as well.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=728771
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I find it interesting that this is ONLY happening in CO, and not STO or Neverwinter... because if the same thing happened there, CBS and/or Wizards of the Coast's lawyers would be all over them. As I hear more and more of these reports coming in, this is starting to be the beginning of the end for Champions Online.

STO is having this problem. There's a big thread about it over there and they're all getting the same "it's your bank" song and dance that we are.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=728771

So it's not some "conspiracy" to bump off CO; it's just plain incompetence from a patently incompetent company.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Someone make a thread claiming it's possible to get FREE subscription with this bug and i guarantee you that they will look at the error, and ensure it's not possible to get free sub, i can not promise the REAL issue will be even touched.

That's going to my example for what i call Skcar's Law for gaming companies. If there is a bug that is massively game breaking to the point the game in question can not be played/enjoyed. The next major gamefix will focus on fixing typo's in quest dialog or something exploitable on a positive note to the playerbase even if there is no unfair advantage from it's use.
  • Options
    o0ka1n0oo0ka1n0o Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I used my card to attempt another monthly recurring payment and have been playing for a few days, only to have my account be reverted back to inactive status.

Many thanks to the folks in this thread for the added info about what's going on. I was planning to team up today with some people that I met yesterday and go through Therakiel's Temple, but I am here on an inactive account typing this instead. This situation is unfortunate, but not the end of the world for me, and I hope more resources can be applied to the overall development of Champions Online sometime in the near future.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    o0ka1n0o wrote: »
    I used my card to attempt another monthly recurring payment and have been playing for a few days, only to have my account be reverted back to inactive status.

Many thanks to the folks in this thread for the added info about what's going on. I was planning to team up today with some people that I met yesterday and go through Therakiel's Temple, but I am here on an inactive account typing this instead. This situation is unfortunate, but not the end of the world for me, and I hope more resources can be applied to the overall development of Champions Online sometime in the near future.

Quite frankly, i feel bad for all the new staff at Cryptic North who'll be taking or have already taken over? From what i heard, an 11 year vet is the lead, and thus taking over a game run by 2 staff at most with bugs as old as the game itself. It's like hiring a 5 star chef for a No-star restaraunt, an insult
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,435 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Happened to me today. Actually has happened twice this month. Once near the beginning, once now. No sign on my credit card statement that the activation resub I tired around June 5 went through. First time I've had this issue in 782.77 days of membership. I guess the only bright side is that I essentially got about 3 weeks of free subscription, so maybe this is a good thing :biggrin:. I wonder if this one will stick. I did ask for some free Zen as compensation. I wonder what the odds are I'll get it :rolleyes:?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,435 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Here's something in the sad but funny realm. The notice I received from webmaster@crypticstudios.com about "Notice of Change to Subscription" states "You may contact the Cryptic Account & Billing Support team 7 days a week via Live Web Chat from 9am-9pm PST." No sign of such a feature on any web site that I could find. You'd think they could at least update their auto replies to reflect reality!
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    ROFL.... Live Chat...That was on like in 2009....
    :biggrin:
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    My STO account just went inactive with 0 days subbed.
    Have PayPal receipt and bank statements showing payments made.

This is a joke.

P.S. just went back to active, what is up with their system?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    ROFL.... Live Chat...That was on like in 2009....
    :biggrin:

Actually it was working before the merger with Perfect world till mid 2012.

• Options
    edited June 2013
    cathgar457 wrote: »
    My STO account just went inactive with 0 days subbed.
    Have PayPal receipt and bank statements showing payments made.

This is a joke.

P.S. just went back to active, what is up with their system?

All i can suggest is, you send in a ticket as soon as possible so PWE/Cryptic can call you a liar, an idiot, someone who is so dumb you can't spell your own address and on top of you being an idiot, it's your banks fault and not theirs.

At least, that's what i got when i sent in my own tickets.
  • Options
    generic5generic5 Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well, my account just lapsed again to Silver (when it shouldn't have). I was hoping that this morning's Maintenance would have corrected this issue, but it didn't. :(
    ~~~~~

"We do not do this thing because it is permitted. We do it because we have to. We do it because we are compelled." - Rorschach

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~~~~~
  • Options
    rebelscum58rebelscum58 Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yup, mine lapsed as well after today's maintenence despite that if it was going to lapse it should've done so over a week ago. Whatever issue they're having, it's clearly not corrected yet.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    So it isn't safe to reactivate my sub? I haven't been playing for about year and returned recently; was planning on reactivating within the next two days...is it safe to do so?

• Options
    edited June 2013
    rowan79 wrote: »
    So it isn't safe to reactivate my sub? I haven't been playing for about year and returned recently; was planning on reactivating within the next two days...is it safe to do so?

At this rate... it's never been safe to sub. even if the sub can go through correctly, you're risking paying for nothing because gold gets you nothing, you're still required to spend spend spend spend ingame for all the items
  • Options
    exonik0pweexonik0pwe Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same exact issue as everyone else... i logged in today after i subbed for 3months not even a month ago to find out that im silver... :I i hope they fix this soon i wanna lvl up my new build...

Tnx for the advice on using mastercard....cuz i am using mastercard for my sub :)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    almost 2 weeks, and this problem continues... i now tired about all this incompetence of the PWE and i deleted my subscription tottally... because i fear if this is some hacker invasion or not.. perhaps not but i not have more trust on this... this type of problem is serious... like steal our money without speak... or some hacking the system... or some idiot bug PWE not fix... wathever are the problem.. i preffer to delet all my informations of payment on this game.. because iam afraid of something like this.... i loved this game so much... and now its "died to me" 2 weeks with this problem... and my fears now... how sad is this.. because its is the only game permited me to make a Dragon Hero.. and no other game able to me make a Dragon Hero.. =(.. well.. i think itts is a good bye! I tired now, no one take care about this problem about 2 weeks.. and i "quit"!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    almost 2 weeks, and this problem continues... i now tired about all this incompetence of the PWE and i deleted my subscription tottally... because i fear if this is some hacker invasion or not.. perhaps not but i not have more trust on this... this type of problem is serious... like steal our money without speak... or some hacking the system... or some idiot bug PWE not fix... wathever are the problem.. i preffer to delet all my informations of payment on this game.. because iam afraid of something like this.... i loved this game so much... and now its "died to me" 2 weeks with this problem... and my fears now... how sad is this.. because its is the only game permited me to make a Dragon Hero.. and no other game able to me make a Dragon Hero.. =(.. well.. i think itts is a good bye! I tired now, no one take care about this problem about 2 weeks.. and i "quit"!

I can assure you, if someone had hacked into PWE/Cryptic into the billing system, you would have a higher quality of service, as you're transaction would be guarenteed to go through so they can siphon it from PWE.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    PWE have finally acknowledged there is a problem over at STO.

They are advising people to use MasterCard or PayPal for subs.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I can assure you, if someone had hacked into PWE/Cryptic into the billing system, you would have a higher quality of service, as you're transaction would be guarenteed to go through so they can siphon it from PWE.

Ofcourse it would take couple of years to notice the hack...