Install Arc
Options

Game down again? [Resolved!]

124»

Comments

• Options
    atringatring Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, I am forced to eat my words...it didn't take 5 hours this time...whatever the problem is that is causing this issue, they seem to be getting much faster at fixing it. :cool:

Practice makes perfect? :biggrin:

Part of the problem since December, 2012.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,595 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We should be open now. Let me know if you have any issues getting in.

Alert queues are frozen now. After first run they work fine but now everyone in zone is stating that it freezes at zero and no one gets in.
  • Options
    nadazdynadazdy Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm getting some weird bits of lag. Mission claiming hangs for a good 30 seconds before going through. Same with zone changes. it hangs up forever.
  • Options
    atringatring Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Obviously, I don't know what equipment failed, let alone what brand or model was replaced or what was swapped in, but it's not unheard of for new equipment to "break in" initially. Can you try the other games to see if it's happening there, too?

Part of the problem since December, 2012.
  • Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited May 2013
    Hrm. I've reported this up the chain, I'll let you know what I hear.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I still don't know what white gloving the servers means. Would they be perchance Caliga's white gloves?

No, I'm not letting that one down.
    That's the problem. They checked with Caliga's glove earlier - and the server shattered at its touch...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    wesleytansgwesleytansg Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This outage has not affected me since it is my bedtime and now I am at work. However, there is a certain limit that such down times, massive lags etc are tolerable.

Regardless of clause, monthly subbers are losing paid-for game time and some form of compensation should be made to this group of people. Furthermore, this is looking very bad on the games (all 3 of them) and if the business people even have half-a-brain, they should really start to rethink whatever they are doing. I am a fan/supporter of CO through all the lockboxes, lack of content and all the complaints we have seen. I do not mind you guys devoting resources for NWO but do not chew off more than you can swallow.

TT is doing his best at post crisis PR management. However, when serious crisis actually happens in other companies and such, the person on top, CEO or whoever actually comes forth to speak to the people and not hide behind their PR rep. In some countries or companies, this can even be as drastic as that person stepping down or resigning from their post. I am not shouting for blood or heads to roll but can at least someone with more authority step forth to give a satisfactory answer? PR statements are not sufficient if no concrete steps are put in place to ensure/minimize such problems from occurring again. Even if it cannot be immediately carried out, a timeline is necessary.

Or does it require some major reviewing sites to cover this incidence and make it a public disgrace. It is actually quite a shame if IGN has an article which states "Cryptic server issues brings down Neverwinter Online and two of its other games."
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nadazdy wrote: »
    I'm getting some weird bits of lag. Mission claiming hangs for a good 30 seconds before going through. Same with zone changes. it hangs up forever.

Yeah, I had weird moments of lag today too.
  • Options
    slumpywpgslumpywpg Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Time to upgrade and/or buy new server hardware, Cryptic.