navar#3536 navar Posts: 117 Arc User
Or is it just me?
Post edited by navar#3536 on

Comments

• Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nope, got me too.

I'd love to say I'm shocked. I'm not. More Cryptic-Fail. Must be working wonders for those new Neverwinter players.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Man, servers were down for how long last night? I would think they got to the bottom of the problem...guess if last night was any indication, I think it's safe to say, bed time.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Someone mocked me for blaming Neverwinter. We didn't have these problems before. And I think it's becoming obvious the servers cannot handle all three games. So, I guess we all know who goes on the chopping block.
  • Options
    theapygoostheapygoos Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Someone mocked me for blaming Neverwinter. We didn't have these problems before. And I think it's becoming obvious the servers cannot handle all three games. So, I guess we all know who goes on the chopping block.
    yes, we have had these problems before. Massive technical issues is nothing new to champions and is a regular occurance. and yesterday it was /all/ perfect world games that got hit with DC problems
  • Options
    malvoumalvou Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Neverwinter of course!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    theapygoos wrote: »
    yes, we have had these problems before. Massive technical issues is nothing new to champions and is a regular occurance. and yesterday it was /all/ perfect world games that got hit with DC problems
    I have not seen a problem like this in the entire year and a half I have played this game.
  • Options
    crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes we're down(NW too).
    Yes it's likely going to take 6 hours from the time someone on NW notices.
    Yes it's NW's fault.

Give it a minute and you can head over to their forums and notice a couple hundred posts of,"it's ok guys. It's just the beta. These things happen," from their players who, despite how many times you tell them, don't understand it's taking out the other Cryptic games too.

And Apy, when we had these kinds of problems it was an intern and we got an AF. I'm still waiting on "Special Edition Action Figure: Dr. Newbton II." :biggrin:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    crosschan wrote: »
    Yes we're down(NW too).
    Yes it's NW's fault.

Give it a minute and you can head over to their forums and notice a couple hundred posts of,"it's ok guys. It's just the beta. These things happen," from their players who, despite how many times you tell them, don't understand it's taking out the other Cryptic games too.

And Apy, when we had these kinds of problems it was an intern and we got an AF. I'm still waiting on "Special Edition Action Figure: Dr. Newbton II." :biggrin:

Hell, I'd settle for a free respec....
  • Options
    gtw891gtw891 Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh crap. Have ALL of cryptic games gone down also? If so then maybe the problem is NW (since I haven't seen something like this in my nearly a year of playing CO also).
  • Options
    drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Or a new title: Power Outage or Surviving the Black Out.
    gtw891 wrote: »
    Oh crap. Have ALL of cryptic games gone down also? If so then maybe the problem is NW (since I haven't seen something like this in my nearly a year of playing CO also).

And yes all Cryptic games are offline. Someone thought it was smart to have NW server be connected with STO and CO during open beta when the queue to log in could be well in the 10s of thousands.

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • Options
    theapygoostheapygoos Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes we're down(NW too).
    Yes it's NW's fault.

what people eover there also don't understand, that's not beta, that's live. the whole "open beta" thing is just a gimmick.
    What they shoudl've done [at neverwitner] is had an open beta weekend, so that way servers can be stress tested. they have it set up as 3 full different shards of teh game. each one having its own multiple instances, all connected to the same server as CO and STO
    cryptic has a history of borking things up. be it chat down for a whole weekend, events like this, or mega destroid events that make people bluescreen!
    either way, something keeps happening in CO every time i finally get the urge to log in for the first time in ages. i guess its time to get back on DCUO
  • Options
    finalslapsfinalslaps Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I remember some jokes going on in zone months before this issue. Something about how PWE isn't fixing any of the bugs that's been around for almost an year now and how the next bug would be us not being able to log in....

I didn't think it would actually happen...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm off to Gw2 now.

I like how they do this thing where they don't f**k everything up. It's pretty cool.
  • Options
    malvoumalvou Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so that way servers can be stress tested.

They did Stress Test. They wanted to crash the server back in the closed beta.

Of course it didn't crash. Atleast I got a pirate hat out of it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Well at least the CO forums are up. It seems the NW ones are down also.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    finalslaps wrote: »
    I remember some jokes going on in zone months before this issue. Something about how Cryptic isn't fixing any of the bugs that's been around since 2009 and how the next bug would be us not being able to log in....

I didn't think it would actually happen...

Minor corrections which don't make it better.
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    either way, something keeps happening in CO every time i finally get the urge to log in for the first time in ages. i guess its time to get back on DCUO

I didn't know u were on DC.. How goes?

I wouldn't put it past community moderators to lock out forums trying to stop the spread of negativity.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

I'm on them right now. They just load like dirt due to the traffic which is a pity since they're, overall, a better forum than we have. They almost have our old forums before "Archived Post-ageddon."
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Correction. The NW forums are indeed working (they just take a while to come online-and I don't have a weak comp here). And folks aren't happy there either about this.

Nice going C.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    MOTHER OF ZOD! I was in the middle of my scheduled Trek session! Fire you server guy and hire John Harrison@KHHHHHHAAAAAAAANNNNNNN! I hear he's better at EVERYTHING!
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Second night in a row. Anyone want to lay odds that tomorrow this will happen again?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    drgmstr wrote: »
    Or a new title: Power Outage or Surviving the Black Out.

And yes all Cryptic games are offline. Someone thought it was smart to have NW server be connected with STO and CO during open beta when the queue to log in could be well in the 10s of thousands.

During this blackout the criminals run rampant in MC looting and pillaging. Sapphire won't get her Malvanum artifacts and alert bosses would conquer all of MC.
  • Options
    crashdragoncrashdragon Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gamehobo wrote: »
    I wouldn't put it past community moderators to lock out forums trying to stop the spread of negativity.

That's why Twitter and Facebook where invented.
    I like to hang around laundromats and steal hero's tights for ransom. =3
  • Options
    greyerskiesgreyerskies Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    MOTHER OF ZOD! I was in the middle of my scheduled Trek session! Fire you server guy and hire John Harrison@KHHHHHHAAAAAAAANNNNNNN! I hear he's better at EVERYTHING!
    Bahahaha!

Also, it'd be nice if someone there could switch the computers back on(!), please, Cryptic.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    During this blackout the criminals run rampant in MC looting and pillaging. Sapphire won't get her Malvanum artifacts and alert bosses would conquer all of MC.

At least it will gives us something to do when we return. :rolleyes:

"Embrace your dreams"

• Options
    edited May 2013

This calls for double xp.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    During this Blackout the criminals run rampant in MC looting and pillaging.

Well Dr. D was always a smart one. I guess he got PO'd when the heroes, after a long while found a way of returning from the last place he ported them too. So he did so again.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    That's why Twitter and Facebook where invented.
    Which, sadly, Cryptic uses more than it's own forums in situations like this.
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Well this crim doesnt ima catching up on the latest Transformers / My Little Pony erotic fan fiction. As you do in such times.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    This calls for double xp.

/signed

During my time playing PWI, Jade Dynasty, and Forsaken World, when there is a major bug that occurred or servers go down for reasons unknown, they give out double XP as their way of saying sorry.

"Embrace your dreams"

• Options
    edited May 2013

This is awesome!

And I dont even play any Cryptic games!

STILL laughing so hard.. oh internetz how I luv

Which, sadly, Cryptic uses more than it's own forums in situations like this.

Only for positive hype and damage control. Not alot of facts unless u get the devs personally
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Dear Sucker/Customer:

We have reviewed your request for a form of apology from Cryptic for this recent surge of failing servers. We must remind you again, that those things are for people, and not things like you. To be fair, our janitor does all the updates and maintenance on Champions Online, and he uses chemicals and there's poor ventilation in that room.

So, stop whining. If you were playing Neverwinter like normal people, you wouldn't have this problem.

Whatever,

Go to hell.

*Giant poopstreak in signature, letter appears to be used to wipe someone's bottom*
  • Options
    lamina781lamina781 Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    twice in a row lol we should get a triple xp boost .I guess i'll go play with iron man on marvel heroes open beta weekend.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    o.O you're gonna play with iron man?

bad picture
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lamina781 wrote: »
    twice in a row lol we should get a triple xp boost .I guess i'll go play with iron man on marvel heroes open beta weekend.

Maybe 50 keys as well.
  • Options
    sparhawksparhawk Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Second night in a row. Anyone want to lay odds that tomorrow this will happen again?

I wouldn't bet against it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    "Champions Online Star Trek Online is currently offline. We are working to resolve the issue."

Anyone notice there is no comma.
  • Options
    rianu1rianu1 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    "Champions Online Star Trek Online is currently offline. We are working to resolve the issue."

Anyone notice there is no comma.

Might be helpful if they change Sever Status to DOWN as well.

"Embrace your dreams"

• Options
    rianu1rianu1 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well..The PTS is going at the moment. o;
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    YES, I've started the neverwinter thread onto posting pictures

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?186511-Crashed-again

feel free to join in

• Options
    edited May 2013
    rianu1 wrote: »

OMG I remember this moment.. Somewhere in January 4 me. Good times
  • Options
    psymonicpsymonic Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm sick of this server down thing. How many times do they do maintenance?
  • Options
    lafury001200lafury001200 Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stop hating.

This kind of thing happens all the time with every other game studio that hosts 3 mmo's on one server.

Haters.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    accordign to Neverminds forum thy are up but STO & CO aren't

and the general response from the Nevermind players is , who cares.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    IT's up.........................

• Options
    greyerskiesgreyerskies Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And... down again? Launcher can't authenticate, subscription options/C-Store won't load.

Edit
    Orrr... not. It works now.
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And again?
  • Options
    thearkadythearkady Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So it would seem.

ALSO: Dear Cryptic: please scratch whatever that other secret project is you're working on, you obviously can't even afford enough servers for 3 games.