What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Gallery of Wasted Potential

Comments

• Options
    kenpojujitsu3kenpojujitsu3 Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm tired of falling in lust with these hunka hunka burnin' potential games. This is 3 that screwed me now. LOL

NO MOAR!! @_@

What were the other two?
    Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
  • Options
    towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    What were the other two?

Tabula Rasa and Hellgate: London

...wait, that question was for Lucy. My bad.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    lucyinspacewithdiamondslucyinspacewithdiamonds Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    OO ^_~ This message is not short enough.
  • Options
    rianfrostrianfrost Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    actually hellgate is around again. tabula, sadly is an ncsoft game so it is buried in their basement.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Next company of muppets that tries to make another "whole lotta potential" game I'm gunna launch a tactical nuke to its b0lloX \o/
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    rianfrost wrote: »
    actually hellgate is around again. tabula, sadly is an ncsoft game so it is buried in their basement.

I've played that "Global" rendition and I just can't get into it. Too many reasons to list without completely derailing the thread. It's effectively dead to me.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well this is Depressing :frown:
    So many unfinished neat stuff!
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited March 2013
    At this moment I'm:

A) Hardly surrpised that there is so much half-assed, unfinished stuff (it's like the Cryptic's trademark, you know).

B) I hardly care. We will se even more unfinished and rushed stuff like this so-called "epic" Lemurian event (I was expecting something more, and what we got? Stuff simplified to two cheap, short quests and one alert, yay! I can't wait foir this Malvan stuff. Surely it will be equally exciting...).

I don't expect anything from Cryptic take on CO, not anymore. *shrugs*
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    To be honest Cryptic has been full of a lot of empty promises, half finished products, and wasted potential. I fully believe that the gaming industry as a whole (in not many industries in general) are allowed to get away with too much as it is. Often releasing projects in terrible or unfinished condition, constantly lowering the value of things while raising the prices (the C-store is full of this), and just out right lying to people. I think they should be fully held accountable for any and all of their actions. Granted it then becomes an issue of entitlement over deserved recompense, but they shouldn't be allowed to do such dishonest things like it's just another day at the office.

The thing is, people are a lot more willing to be understanding as long as you treat them like people. When you make a mistake own up to it and explain honestly what happened, and you'll gain more than lying, passing the blame, or just staying quiet, all of which has ben Cryptics tactics both here and on STO for well over two years. I recently posted a link in another thread here from the STO wiki that documents the nightmare that has been Cryptics development of the KDF because it's nice to see actual documentation of what they've been doing wrong as well as right.

They should be held accountable, and a record should be made public to remind them of this. Cryptic has a lot of great ideas and a lot of potential, so why these things aren't being done a lot better is beyond me. Honestly if it's time or money, all they have to do is turn to the fans. Give people a reason to be interested, give them something they'll love, and in return you'd be surprised at how much they're willing to give back.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    No matter what you guys say about Atari, they left because of Cryptic, and that's a fact.
  • Options
    drmechanodrmechano Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    To be honest Cryptic has been full of a lot of empty promises, half finished products, and wasted potential. I fully believe that the gaming industry as a whole (in not many industries in general) are allowed to get away with too much as it is. Often releasing projects in terrible or unfinished condition, constantly lowering the value of things while raising the prices (the C-store is full of this), and just out right lying to people. I think they should be fully held accountable for any and all of their actions. Granted it then becomes an issue of entitlement over deserved recompense, but they shouldn't be allowed to do such dishonest things like it's just another day at the office.

The thing is, people are a lot more willing to be understanding as long as you treat them like people. When you make a mistake own up to it and explain honestly what happened, and you'll gain more than lying, passing the blame, or just staying quiet, all of which has ben Cryptics tactics both here and on STO for well over two years. I recently posted a link in another thread here from the STO wiki that documents the nightmare that has been Cryptics development of the KDF because it's nice to see actual documentation of what they've been doing wrong as well as right.

They should be held accountable, and a record should be made public to remind them of this. Cryptic has a lot of great ideas and a lot of potential, so why these things aren't being done a lot better is beyond me. Honestly if it's time or money, all they have to do is turn to the fans. Give people a reason to be interested, give them something they'll love, and in return you'd be surprised at how much they're willing to give back.

This is pretty much Jack Emmert and Cryptic's schtick to a T. He is a great ideas man but he freaking sucks at running MMOs. City of Heroes got vastly better once he was booted 'upstairs' as it were and left Matt Miller aka Positron to run the show. Hell CoH saw more content during the years of the Freem Fifteen (as in fifteen developers were all that was left to work on CoH full time, everyone else got pulled off to work on the Marvel MMO that never happened) than CO has in the last two years.

Half-finished PvP seems to pretty much be his hallmark. CoH and CO both suffer from PvP being freaking terrible and half arsed (moreso in CoH than CO)
  • Options
    thebuckeyethebuckeye Posts: 814 Arc User
    edited October 2015

Sure, some of the animations remind me of some of a certain comic book character, but then some of the animations that made it through this cluster of wasted potential, reminds me of several others.

Now with the MA Claws animations I'd love to have those AoE animations put into use...

Those Staff animations look down right sweet...now they need to get the emanation point thing looked at...I wonder if they considered treating the staff like the gadgeteering weapons...just have the powers draw line from the end of the staff to the target, like the pulse beam rifles and the experimental and sonic blasters do. Anyway these would be awesome if they could get these things working as they're already in the client...apparently...​​
    Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on
  • Options
    pariahoyamapariahoyama Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Alot of these animations could make a whole separate power set. Spines/spikes for instance could use the animations shown. Could be interesting.
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The thing we have to remember is most games have unused concepts.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Even MOAR unused pieces. You have no idea how many times I've heard people wanting Viperia's dreadlocks.

Man I want those Ancient Armor legs. I would have bought that costume set by now if they were included. Sideburns and more hair?...okay I can go on and on about all this want!

Too bad we're in this state where we can't even get costume pieces that were once free without spending stupid amounts of money.
  • Options
    honestresearcherhonestresearcher Posts: 657 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Heres one for the gallery:

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=118395&highlight=survival+mode

Zombie Apocolypse - PvE Co-Op SURVIVAL MODE.
    The mode recieved a lot of positive feedback from the community and it got the thumbs up from the team too. There was a lot of good ideas going up for this game mode.

and the devs said
    SURVIVAL MODE WITH OPTION OF ENEMIES.

Evidential post from the devs that this was in works:
    Lucid wrote:
    # 7
    Your wish is granted; this is something that's looming large on my to-do list. Linkies!

I was thinking of building something other than a zombie map--we've already done one of those. Maybe it's a mix of critter groups. Maybe there's an all-zombie option (and an all-robot option, all-VIPER, etc.).

and theeeeeeen........

nothing.

This kind of game mode would have solved my "more content" and "more difficulty" needs in one stone...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    That would be Lucid, if you clicked on his "linkies" link you would see he speaks of himself in the third person as an implied question about his absence.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Gotcha, post edited.
  • Options
    kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If they're going to make it clear that they're nearly done with the game, they could at least release these pieces in a costume pack. Just go off on a good note rather than keep on leaving the players feel cheated.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I don't think that most of Cryptic staff realizes that all this stuff even exists in the game right now.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Some of those pieces are really cool. I'd love to get my hands on them.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I distinctly remember Cybermind pieces being pictured in an art blog talking about a slew of costume parts they were going to release. They were either being worn by Cybermind himself or a Perfection of Body was sporting them. Either way they were never added.

The same blog also pictured Armadillo in the section talking about costume parts but that ended up being a false positive, instead we got the Q-gear Armadillo pieces.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I rly wish they did a classic CrypticCopyPaste job on Black Fangs spine fur back piece. Only thing i want other than content&challenge.
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The sad thing is, people have been begging for a costume set, any kind of costume set- and all the parts to make one are sitting right there.
  • Options
    gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Meanwhile.. in Star Trek Online

Mind Drain - Optional for Remans Only
    A powerful, single-target psychic attack which drains vital essence from the victim to the caster. This attack ignores all shields and provides the user with a substantial self-heal, but only works against living (non-mechanical) targets.
  • Options
    rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gamehobo wrote: »
    Meanwhile.. in Star Trek Online

Makes me wonder why CO isn't used as advertising space for PW's own games as well. :rolleyes:

Edit:

Okay, now I can see the new race for STO (a playble one, not one for vehicles :tongue:).
    Not impressive. All that took were a new skin, maybe new head models, and coding their special ability, which is nothing but a passive buff. It's not like the Remans had any unique maps or missions.

So, yeah. That's pretty much the equivalent of a costume pack and a single new passive power.
    Yet it is still so much more than CO gets... :frown:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yet it is still so much more than CO gets... :frown:

I think you missed my purpose so i edited post

#TelepathyNOW
  • Options
    rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So it's that + a new attack power that happens to be telepathy-based.

I see what you mean...
  • Options
    kittyanonkittyanon Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Glad I stumbled across this thread, especially those "lost animations" vids (creepy music btw). There are so many of those that just seem like they were swept under the carpet. And example I have is the original "landing roll" for the swinging TP. (Avtivate TP, open lore entry on table in RenCen, swing around until you catch a climpse of the landing pose.)

In addition to all the otherwise inaccessible emotes you see while examining lore entries... just those alone would be a good start.
    =^..^= ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ =^..^=
    Formerly known as kittyclawz.

In-game handle: @Miss.Kittyclawz
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I really do hate how much Champions is suffering for the other games. Even when it was only champions and STO was just starting CO suddenly went quiet for what felt like a whole year only to come back as F2P, then again as NW was beginning to build up more Champions once again became a wasteland.

I honestly wonder if they didn't own the IP, would the previous owners have pulled it from them over how the game is now? Will it happen to star trek since it's very clearly going down the same path where DPS is all that matters and the new "Expansion" is anything but?

This gallery shows a lot of really cool things which sadly are probably still in the coding some where, like the extra rooms in hideouts. I really don't know what to say about a company that would still accept money for a game in this bad a shape.....
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would love to have the crossbelts that the pirate big-guys wear. I have many toons that could use crossbelts that don't have ammo/knives, and that are not made of chains.

Also, how about some more loincloth options, such as the ones used by various demons and manimals?

Ideally, these loincloths would be available under "Hips Wear", so as not to force characters to have bow-legs. Male character legs are screwed up when choosing shorts/skirts.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I *would* love for Cryptic to pay Kaizerin to help clean up the costume creator. Give her a bit of money, guidelines and documentation protocols, and free access for a couple of months. I bet some exceptional things can come out of it, including new costume drops, some new C- store sets, and maybe even (*ducks*) some lockbox pieces. I'm willing to bet she'd get Cryptic more than a fair return on this investment.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic wrote: »
    IMMINENT: (In Test)

Sources confirm that items below are being reviewed internally and/or on PTS (Public Test Server). These include issues, features and fixes that are very close to release. Occasionally there are items in test as part of a larger release.

? New Rampage Alert ? Blaze & F.R.E.0.N.
    - Featuring the winning submission from the Design-a-Villain community contest, this new Rampage features a true tag-team villain combo, with tough but engaging boss fight dynamics guaranteed to keep players on their toes
    - For those tough enough to pass the test, rich Questionite Ore rewards await

Where is this? What a slap in the face to this contest winner that actually put effort into this. It's a sad day when your way of rewarding the community with something fun never happens, despite promise.

Prove me wrong and show me some changes or an updated status.
    CRITICAL: (Top Issues)

Among our duties is gathering intel on hot topic issues in the Player Community, as well as critical threats on the radar of QA and CS. This list does not represent all the issues we are investigating; however, these issues are deemed critical in priority and targeted for rapid response and resolution.

? Costumes: Avian Warrior Costume Set: Assorted issues
    ? Costumes: Some Costume Unlocks are not unlocking for all characters on an account

Still hasn't been fixed.
    R&D Report: (In Development)

Numerous confirmed reports reveal these features are currently in development. They have made it through the design and planning phases and are being implemented. Items in this section will move to "In Test" once complete.

? ?Nighthawk ? Friend or Foe?? Event & Themed Content
    - Nighthawk, a dark and mysterious vigilante, will be introduced to Champions Online in a brand-new event, where evidence is conflicted over this anti-hero?s true motives? is he a hero walking the line, or one who?s finally crossed it?
    - Players will investigate crime scenes and confront new challenges to deduce whether Nighthawk is friend? or foe
    - Depending on their deductions, players may find themselves face to face with Nighthawk himself ? or another antagonist
    - As part of this Event, new Nighthawk-themed powers and an Archetype will be released, along with a themed costume set & a cape-glide travel power!
    - Special rewards will even include the Hawkwing prototype vehicle!

This was awesome for the two weeks we could enjoy it. Thanks, I guess...
    ? Cosmetic FX Auras!
    - Special Aura items slot to add a cosmetic FX aura to you character for the ultimate in customization
    - Aura items will come in all sorts of varieties, from elemental electricity and fire, glow, to darkness and more!
    - Auras will come in many configurations, from adorning hands, to eyes, head, full body and more!

Seems like this would be one of the easiest things to make, but where is it?
    ? Mod Bundle Packs for Fusion
    - Purchase or acquire huge stacks of single Mods for fast Fusion!

? XP Gifting
    - Gift some of your experience to your alts or friends

? C-Store Coupons
    - Items that give you a discount in the C-store

Literally none of these things have happened. A load of B.S.
    Planning Documents Recovered: (On the Schedule)

These features have yet to enter the implementation stage. However, commitment to their future existence is verified via detailed documents. Some features have a longer development time than others but these updates are verified as next on the list to implement.

? Vehicles!
    - Vehicles will offer some cosmetic customization, albeit to a lesser degree than the character costume creator

Look, more B.S.
    ? Lair Updates & Boss Reviews
    - Conversion of existing Lairs to the new encounter system
    - Revision and streamlining, bug fixes, boss review
    - Each debut is accompanied by a thematic in-zone Event!

? New Zone Events
    - Large scale, multi-stage, zone events that offer new encounter opportunities and large group game play

The trend continues.

Confidential Source: (In Design Discussion)

Deep cover operatives have overheard verbal reports of items in the design discussion stage being considered for an upcoming update. These ideas will need to be added to the schedule before they can be confirmed. Some are quicker tasks while others are much larger in scope, requiring many more resources to design and implement.

? Epic ?Confrontation? and ?Invasion? Encounters - for Vehicles and High-Level Heroes
    - Large-scale, multi-team, outdoor assaults against wave attacks of enemies and escalating tiers of boss encounters
    - Collaborative game play has multiple player teams cooperating to take down enough enemies in the current ?tier? to unlock the next ? for example:
    - After defeating enough waves of invading Lemurian shock troops deployed by drill tanks, the next tier of spider-walking Leviathan Weapon Platforms is deployed?
    - If our heroes cripple enough Leviathans, the next tier of Lemurian Command hover-barges ridden by sorceror-Lieutenants must be conquered?
    - Finally, they unleash? the Kraken! A boss fight to end them all?

Nothing like how you described it here, at all. And it was fun for the short time we could enjoy it. Adding content and removing it is stupid.
    ? Alerts Scoreboards & Achievements
    - Track you or your team?s achievements
    - Number of victories in each Alert type
    - Best times to completion
    - Number of bosses defeated
    - And more!

? Alerts / Content ?Challenges?
    - Directly challenge another team to one of a number of content challenges!
    - Wager double-or-nothing rewards on which team can:
    - Complete an Alert faster
    - Complete more Alerts successfully without failure in a row
    - And more!

? Sidekick ?Pet? System
    - A more permanent, pet-like system for developing sidekick characters
    - Not entirely unlike the bridge officer system in STO

? Nemesis Updates
    - Open mission OR in-world dynamic encounters w/ your Nemesis
    - More minion types and options for standard Nemesis content

? Hideout additions: Crafting rooms
    - Grant a % bonus to Fusion OR allow Fusion of stacks greater than 5

? ?Terror in Time? Halloween Content
    - The villainous vampire Draycul Vladic travels back in time to foggy London to breed an army of vampires before the dawn of heroes?
    - Players will follow him to the past to thwart this plan, teaming up with the great ancestor of the current Black Mask
    - Rewards and associated content include the fashionable Victorian Steampunk costume set, Wolf Transformation Superspeed Travel Power and more!

? The return of the Roi?Nesh
    - After their first failed infiltration, a large scale invasion!

? The rumored return of Dr. Destroyer!
    - At a special Event?can you guess which one?

Each and every line of the above is a complete load of bullsh*t. Mind you, the adventure with Vladic Dracul in the Victorian Era? You didn't have the 'nads to come out and say that it wasn't happening. Trailturtle had to spill the beans in an unrelated thread.
    Unsubstantiated Rumors: (The Future)

Agent, please treat these rumors with the appropriate discretion. Reports of these features are unsubstantiated or come from untested sources. Nevertheless, if these reports can be believed, they represent features and ideas for which the team has great enthusiasm. Items listed in this section need the most discussion and are subject to the largest change. This list does not represent all the things the team may want to do but they are among the most frequently reported.

? New ?Island of Dr. Destroyer? Mini-Zone, Lair and Story Content
    ? New Millennium City ?Expansion? Zone (2-3 Neighborhoods)
    - Possibly a dangerous ?Boardwalk Empire? waterfront / casino district, controlled by some of the richest, most famous super-criminals
    - Perhaps neighbored by a ?Hell?s Kitchen? stretch, a perfect birthplace for the likes of ?Dark Champions?

? Story Content leading to End Game
    - Revealing the ultimate antagonist for End Game

? Expanded Level Cap and Gear Progression
    ? Super Group Missions, Duels, Advancement & Bases
    ? Epic ?Endgame? Faction War Zone (Battleground: MOON)
    - Featuring an all-out Alien war, a Star Guardian alternate advancement path & powers

? And much more!!

I have absolutely ZERO faith that any of the above will happen in any shape or form, given the track record.

So, Cryptic- as you can see you owe this player base, at the very damned least, an explanation and an apology for this absolute FAILURE. Stop depending on your fanboys in the playerbase to make excuses for you.

Balls up, come forward, and let us know what's going on. And we don't give a rat's **** about Neverwinter, so don't even spew that word.
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nice conviction. Now show it where it can be seen.

(It's an off-topic forum. They can't stop you.)
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Bluh, I uninstalled Neverworking last week without the slightest bit of remorse. Going over to their forums, as a non-Neverwinter player would seem a bit like trolling and dragging drama across games.

However, if someone DID bring their greivances and were to directly quote me over that, and that person DID play Neverwinter...

Well, out of pure support for a fellow CO forum poster, I could simply agree with it.
  • Options
    sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    {a complete and comprehensive list of stuff Cryptic lied to us about}

Would you kindly repost this as a new topic under Champions Online Discussion? It's far too important to be buried on the 10th page here.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Would you kindly repost this as a new topic under Champions Online Discussion? It's far too important to be buried on the 10th page here.
    Done, my friend.

Feel free, if you play Neverwinter, to steal that post and slap it on their forums. Sending a link to it back here would be awesome.

Cryptic wants to advertise Neverwinter all over our forums and our facebook? Let's share the Cryptic story, too!
  • Options
    bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We should post this and other grievences on their facebook.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    bwdares wrote: »
    We should post this and other grievences on their facebook.

You will be banned from posting on the facebook page.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/common/co/uploads/Costumes_Cyberpunk.jpg

Augmented Skin.

That ridiculously awesome pistol.

The Sword.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    My thoughts on the costume pieces Kaizerin dug up. Long post is long...

Oh my god
    All thoSe COOL costume pieces!
    The Boar and Rhino Heads!!
    The Chest Pieces!!
    The Jacket Biker Sleeveless!!
    OH MY GOD!

WHY, OH WHY CRYPTIC YOU CAN'T MAKE THOSE UNLOCKABLE!?

1322535041066.gif

Also some of those was mentioned and showed in Pictures in this BLOG :c
    Extreme Spiked
    "Hyenaswine unlock." I don't know, but somehow I can't agree with hair being a rare boss drop...

HEY! I think I know the Boss who has this!
    They Belong to this Grumpy Bear, Tilingkoot as well don't they!? The only Bear ingame with Cool Hairstyle!

Also Sonic the Hedgehog
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/common/co/uploads/Costumes_Cyberpunk.jpg

Augmented Skin.

That ridiculously awesome pistol.

The Sword.

I could quite probably use the augmented skin on Dr Cerebellums diplomacy costume which uses the (accursedly only single-colour field for the brain and so unable to be accurately colour-matched with the floating brain) brain-dome hat (so she has a face for when people need one to interract with, alas it causes her too much discomfort when worn for long periods of time hence the usual big dome helmets) and on several other costumes as that would help make clear that the skin is artificial.

That would be a nice addition
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Oh I forgot to ask!

Is there the Teddy/Toy Bears parts (Head, Arms, Legs, Torso) hidden in the game for players as well? (You know the pieces ATTACK TOYS!!!, Clarence, Teddy action figurines use) Did I missed it from the List?

Can you guys Dig it up?
    I would LOVE to use THAT Bear head (makes it nice for PANDAS as well) <3
  • Options
    meeoeoowiemeeoeoowie Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I never write anything on the forums, but this thread has really struck me as interesting and a thread where I actually wish to contribute somehow.

I'm not sure if it's a valid thing to mention in this thread either, but here you go. His name is supposedly ankylosaur/saurus/something and I don't know if he was planned to be in the game at some point or if he simply got his own little picture to look cool, but I really like his design and the fact that his official art exists really bothers me.
    [A Place to Post Power Concepts] - I don't update this thing as often as I want to, but it is not abandoned!
    [Daily Login Rewards] - They sure would spice things up a bit!
    [Monthly Rewards and Silver Players] - Surely there should be some way to get them, no matter how difficult!
    [Discussion Concerning Event Powers] - Feel like you're missing out on Holy Water? Uh, probably shouldn't.
    [Discussion Concerning Energy Stats] - More or less what it says on the tin, there.
    [Analysis of Sorcery Copy-Powers] - I showcase some visual chopjobs, and such.
    [Analysis of a Poison Spread Bug] - The different interactions Virulent Propagation and Bite has with all poisons.
  • Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited June 2013
    meeoeoowie wrote: »
    I never write anything on the forums, but this thread has really struck me as interesting and a thread where I actually wish to contribute somehow.

I'm not sure if it's a valid thing to mention in this thread either, but here you go. His name is supposedly ankylosaur/saurus/something and I don't know if he was planned to be in the game at some point or if he simply got his own little picture to look cool, but I really like his design and the fact that his official art exists really bothers me.

Ankylosaurus, I believe, yeah. I've got some official art of him, but I think it was from pretty early on, before the art style changed -- you can find some old Dr. D and Defender art in the same style. My guess is that he was in the planning phases, but never got added to the actual game.
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would love to see this concept art make it to actual costume sets.

MonsterHunters.jpg

Costumes_Archer.jpg

Costumes_Bows.jpg

:eek:
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Knowing Cryptic, I fully expect to see some of the Archer costume ideas to be implemented in Neverwinter when they release the Ranger class.
  • Options
    canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Knowing Cryptic, I fully expect to see some of the Archer costume ideas to be implemented in Neverwinter when they release the Ranger class.

Costuming doesn't seem to be a high profile in NWO.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Costuming doesn't seem to be a high profile in NWO.

True for the moment. I'm more referring to the actual Ranger gear looking somewhat similar to some of this concept art.
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    True for the moment. I'm more referring to the actual Ranger gear looking somewhat similar to some of this concept art.

Of course it will look "somewhat similar" these concepts were obviously styled on archers in fantasy games.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods