Install Arc
Options

I'd like to tell you about Caliga...

Comments

• Options
    kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    coffeespit_zpsbfe5b4d8.gif

He doesn't need a Denliner pass anyway. Hitting a Gigabolt (lightning is fine too) at 88 mph with his haymaker allows him to travel through time.

You have no idea how much that made my day. :biggrin:
  • Options
    smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Caliga was going to be in the picture on the news page for the introduction of the Grav Chariot, since they actually made it for him... but due to Caliga owning the copyright to the specific combination of their costume pieces that he uses, they had to use an image that only hints at Caliga's appearance.

Don't believe me? Just take a look:
    032813_CO_GravChariot_Leaderboard.jpg

They had to pay Caliga 90% of the profits they made off of the Malvan Lockbox, for using an image even similar to his to promote it. Due to people subconsciously making the connection between the Chariot and Caliga, they still managed to pull in 300,000,000,000 dollars in profit off the lockbox sales. Caliga donated his share to a charity ( a halfway home for harlots banished from his realm ).

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Caliga's shouting is considered a schedule 1 hallucinogen. Possession of recordings of it are illegal in 32 countries.

Cosmic bosses have a special chat channel, where they talk about the times they've tried to solo Caliga.

The real reason they removed rewards from pvp was the fear that Caliga would join because of them. It is a well established fact that Caliga's haymaker hits so hard, it can kill the player.

Caliga once yelled so loud, he scared a bench to death.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    borg10f9borg10f9 Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The reason most people don't know about Lemuria is that until recently it was in Caliga's fish tank.

Caliga has a Swiss Army Knife. The knife contains every Champion Backup (pre-nerf) AND the Swiss Army.

Caliga once crossed the road...no one has ever questioned his motives.

Caliga doesn't play "hide-and-seek." He plays "hide-and-pray-I-don't-find-you."

Caliga doesn't dial the wrong number, you pick up the wrong phone.

Fear of spiders is called arachnophobia, fear of tight spaces is called claustrophobia, and fear of Caliga is just plain logic.

Caliga knows Victoria's secret.

Caliga enters a room, he doesn't turn the lights on, he turns the dark off.

Caliga makes onions cry.

When a zombie apocalypses starts, Caliga doesn't try to survive. The zombies do.

Caliga is the only person that can punch a cyclops between the eye.

Caliga's dog is trained to pick up his own poop because Caliga will not take **** from anyone.

If you look closely, you'll see that Caliga's shadow is missing. That's because Caliga isn't afraid of his shadow, his shadow is afraid of him.

Caliga was only wrong once. He thought he made a mistake.

Caliga found the World's Most Interesting Man to be a bit dull.

To engage in conversation with Caliga is often lethal. To save lives the Devs created the chatban. It's saving lives!!!
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Caliga can write fart noises in Braille.
  • Options
    grievehartgrievehart Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Before fighting Gravitar, Caliga drop all his stuff, just to let her a chance.

Officially, a bug ended the Dr Destroyer event.
    Unofficially, Dr D. choose to retire when he knew Caliga was waiting for him.

Interesting fact: The powerhouse door lead you inside Caliga's head where you can borrow fragments of Caliga's powers.

When players are in trouble, they summon Champions;
    when Champions are in trouble they summon Caliga.
  • Options
    flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    borg10f9 wrote: »
    Caliga's dog is trained to pick up his own poop because Chuck Norris will not take **** from anyone.

Somebody copy/pasted a Chuck Norris list and missed a name change!
    edited April 2013
    Try as hard as he might, Bob Ross will never be able to paint a happy little Caliga.

Decade didn't start the Rider War. Caliga just happened to be playing golf with the different worlds.

Shinken Gold once tried to type out Caliga's name on his cellphone to see what would happen. All he got was Caliga's hand slapping him with a sandal.

A state of emergency was declared when Caliga lost his teddy bear.

Caliga always has three red Koopa shells.

With the help of Gravitar, Caliga invented a new sport: Competitive B*tch Toss.

Little kids check the closet for the boogeyman at night. The boogeyman checks the closet for Chuck Norris at night. Chuck Norris checks the closet for Kenshiro at night. Kenshiro doesn't check the closet; He knows Caliga is always there.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Caliga doesn't own a computer. He plays champions on a graphic calculator. On max settings.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Somebody copy/pasted a Chuck Norris list and missed a name change!

Heh! I knew something was up! Those were entirely TOO funny to be the work of a typical Forumite Poster!

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    borg10f9borg10f9 Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    Heh! I knew something was up! Those were entirely TOO funny to be the work of a typical Forumite Poster!

True most of them were modded Chuck sayings. I have a million of them (not literally). But A few of them are originals. Apparently the un-funny ones :frown:

FYI: several others on this thread are modded Chuck Norris jokes. Funny is funny :wink:
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    CaligaBoat_zpsa643ee53.jpg

CALIGA DOSN'T NEED A BIGGER BOAT

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Bear Grills drinks his own pee to survive. Caliga drinks his own pee to keep it from falling into the wrong hands.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • Options
    keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    When asked for a movie deal, Caliga at first accepted, but was uneasy when he was told his persona in the movie would need a sidekick. Caliga personally chose Bruce Campbell to be his sidekick.

Bruce Campbell responded, "Groovy."
  • Options
    matixzonmatixzon Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    That's it. I'm sick of all this "Freeform character" crap that's going on in the game right now. Caliga deserve much better than that. Much, much better than that.

I should know what I'm talking about. I myself commissioned a genuine Caliga in Millenium City for 2,400,000 Globals (that's about $20,000) and have been practicing with it for almost 2 years now. HeI can even cut slabs of solid questionite with his fists.
    Caliga's parents speny years making Caliga and raised him up to a million times to produce the finest man known to mankind.

Caliga is thrice as sharp as freeform character and thrice as hard for that matter too. Anything a freeform character can cut through, Caliga can cut through better. I'm pretty sure Caliga could easily bisect a freeform character in full legion gear and rank 9 mods with a simple vertical slash.

Ever wonder why STO never bothered conquering CO? That's right, it was too scared to fight Millenium City and its poweful Caliga. Even in World War II, Chat-banners targeted Caliga first because his killing power was feared and respected.

So what am I saying? Caliga is simply the best character that the world has ever seen, and thus, require better stats in this game. Here is the patch notes to the buffs I propose for Caliga:

-Caliga has access to all powers automatically
    -Caliga has access to all devices automatically
    -Every enemy drops legacy items to Caliga
    -Caliga ha access to all the costume pieces automatically
    -Caliga has all powers in pre-nerf condition
    -Caliga has special Caliga-blessed Legion gear with one hundred slots
    -Every mod in Caliga's inventory is automatically rank 10.

Now that seems a lot more representative of the true power of Caliga, don't you think?

tl;dr = Caliga is underpowered in this game, see my proposed changes
    @mawexzon

I like cats :cool:.

UGC Campaign: The Coldblooded Scrolls
  • Options
    d0m1nusdrak3d0m1nusdrak3 Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Everytime Caliga breaths, all the CO2 in the world is automatically converted to oxygen.
    ====================================
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ====================================
    Dominus Drake Primus Database ,Also @Pyromasher ingame
  • Options
    agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The Big Bang -- noun. The moment where Caliga used Unleashed Rage on God.

Caliga wrote his own biography. You know it as the Guinness Book of World Records.

Caliga found the needle in the haystack, then hit it with Haymaker.

Freddy Chrouger is afraid Caliga will fall asleep.

:wink:
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    When Caliga goes swimming, he doesn't get wet... the water gets Caliga!
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    To say 'Caliga' in sign language, you have to light your fist on fire and punch a hipster in the face.

Caliga won a PvP match using emotes.

Caliga can actually log in with his current avatar in Champions Online, Neverwinter Online, WoW, Guild Wars 2, City of Heroes/Villains (simultaneously on both sides), Minecraft, Farmville, DCUO, Scarlet Blade (where he is the only male avatar and still single), and Marvel Universe Online.

Caliga once got a man pregnant.

Caliga refuses to take a shower. Instead, he rides Slapperfish's shoulders through the car wash and enjoys a corn dog afterward.

The server always responds to Caliga, usually with a 'sir'.

Caliga refuses to acknowledge the existence of North Korea.
  • Options
    klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Powerthirst is actually Caliga's sweat!!! :D

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    To say 'Caliga' in sign language, you have to light your fist on fire and punch a hipster in the face.

Caliga won a PvP match using emotes.

Both of these are signature-worthy. :biggrin:
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    costumecreator_zps67cf31e2.jpg

Caliga breathed on me
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    itscoming_zps389220a6.jpg

He's coming, isn't he?

• Options
    cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Caliga's saliva is pure concentrated testosterone.

It is so concentrated that case studies have shown a dermal application of Caliga Spit to one's face will cause an immediate deepening of the voice and a full beard to be grown instantly. Regardless of age or gender.
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
  • Options
    cellarrat33cellarrat33 Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If only we could convince Cryptic to change the name from Champions Online to Caliga Online.

After one day the game would be flush with enough cash to...

On second thought.

NVM.

I don't want to offend Caliga by implying that Champions Online deserves to be named after him.

CellarRat33 :: formerly Bsquared

"The great thing about glory unending is that it's dirt cheap!" - Tateklys
    From the Adventures of Thundrax (canadascott)
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    chaelk wrote: »
    costumecreator_zps67cf31e2.jpg

Caliga breathed on me

3pzbqe.jpg

Ive seen him skinny dipping :<
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    khadharkhadhar Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Caliga... uh... I actually don't know anything about Caliga. I've never met him...
    And the mome raths outgrabe.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    khadhar wrote: »
    Caliga... uh... I actually don't know anything about Caliga. I've never met him...

Oh, you will
    (Ominous Music)
    You will...................

• Options
    edited April 2013
    khadhar wrote: »

You have. It was just so awesome that your mind was unable to process it, like looking into the eyes of God, so your mind erased all memory of the event to protect your sanity.
    edited April 2013
    "Caliga made me a Man!"

buck-angel.jpg

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    You heard it here first! Caliga is now accepting volunteers to help him populate a new planet with a superior race of Caliga/human hybrids! Line forms to the left, ladies!
    edited April 2013
    What's with all these ladies running to the right?
  • Options
    dheffernandheffernan Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Chuck Norris, Varok Saurfang and Caliga all see a $100 bill lying in the street at the same time. Who gets it?

Caliga, of course, the other two are mythical creatures.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    You heard it here first! Caliga is now accepting volunteers to help him populate a new planet with a superior race of Caliga/human hybrids! Line forms to the left, ladies!

I'm in!!

4614716888_73edbf6b40.jpg

My body is ready!

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You're cut off from the catnip from now on.
    28-cats-who-have-no-idea-how-they-ended-up-here-1-18966-1362293905-1_big.jpg
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    katasyntax wrote: »
    If you guys like Caliga so much, then who keeps banning him from chat?

As was stated before, he mutes himself. :biggrin:
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    klitty wrote: »
    I'm in!!

4614716888_73edbf6b40.jpg

My body is ready!

Would he want to breed with you, you have 6 legs and an ear growing out of your neck :I
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It's a Grondling kitteh.
    edited May 2013
    Caliga once hit some one so hard with Haymaker that the sound hit a near by NPC impregnating her who named her son after the noise. That Child was Biff Smackwell.

Cryptic games went free to play only because some one once made the mistake of telling Caliga he was late with his subscription fee.

Caliga can beat any Guy Sweetland Alert by yelling "HEEL!"

Caliga once played the Demo of Aliens: Colonial Marines. He broke it so hard there was no way to fix it by release....

The Safety Dance was originally written after hearing Caliga drunk at wedding. Other songs based on this conversation include Billie Jean, Come on Eileen, Total Eclipse of the Heart, and Hungry Like The Wolf. It is also why Caliga no longer drinks when Traveling through time.

When Netflix has a rough day it likes to come home and watch Caliga.

Caliga doesn't count sheep when he can't sleep, he counts how many punches to give the sandman. So far he hasn't even had to count to one.

Why was the lion so cowardly? Because being in an imaginary land over the rainbow isn't far enough to get away from Caliga.

"Once upon a time there was an evil wizard." Those were the last words ever spoken by Caliga's parents before being Haymaker'd into oblivion. Oblivion, out of fear, then gave them back because Lil' Caliga wanted some cookies...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Caliga answered an ad for a car seed,

this is what was in the packet
    weird-cars-2_zps63a331a0.jpg

then he looked at it
    WeirdCar_zps8c3e33ce.jpg

• Options
    lafury001200lafury001200 Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    - Caliga was briefly the President of Indiana before state ratification in 1897.

- Declared honorary "Hoosier Daddy" circa 1902.

- His subsequent state promotional tour's effect on the current lexicon: prevalent and widespread.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The Safety Dance was originally written after hearing Caliga drunk at wedding. Other songs based on this conversation include Billie Jean, Come on Eileen, Total Eclipse of the Heart, and Hungry Like The Wolf. It is also why Caliga no longer drinks when Traveling through time.

Mmm...

'80s pop music and alcohol.

When MTV actually played music vids

Good Times... good times.

God Bless Caliga!

er... I mean...

All hail our glorious and beneficent leader!

• Options
    slapperfishslapperfish Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    (deleted)
    Post edited by slapperfish on
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    Would he want to breed with you, you have 6 legs and an ear growing out of your neck :I

YEs!

We will make perfect mutant kitty iron babies!!!

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • Options
    randomchance4242randomchance4242 Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Great Sphinx in Giza is rumored to have actually been a living stone colossus that menaced ancient Egypt until a legendary hero appeared out of nowhere, haymakered its nose off and told it to behave, and that it's been frozen where it stands in fear ever since.

Now, I don't want to say it might have been a time-traveling Caliga, but...

Caliga-37442002.jpg
  • Options
    kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In his baby years, Caliga dropped his favourite rattle. Incidentally, Atlantis sunk on the same day.

In an alternate timeline, an Allied Mastercomputer tried to imprison Caliga. Being stuck with Caliga for 109 years drove AM insane. He had no mouth and he just had to scream.

Galactus accidentally inhaled Caliga. He got a baaaad case of indigestion.

In order to keep the Hulk from causing any further destruction, they jettisoned him into space... He came back saying "I'll be good..." Befuddled, Dr. Strange asked why. Elsewhere, Caliga sat upon his throne. He gazed upon what was left of his home and let out a deep sigh. "Nice guy."
  • Options
    ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its rumored that divine inspiration drove George Thorogood to write his iconic song...about Caliga:

On the day I was born
    The nurses all gathered 'round
    And they gazed in wide wonder
    At the joy they had found
    The head nurse spoke up
    Said "leave this one alone"
    She could tell right away
    That I was bad to the bone

Bad to the bone
    Bad to the bone
    B-B-B-B-Bad
    B-B-B-B-Bad
    B-B-B-B-Bad
    Bad to the bone

I broke a thousand hearts
    Before I met you
    I'll break a thousand more, baby
    Before I am through
    I wanna be yours pretty baby
    Yours and yours alone
    I'm here to tell ya honey
    That I'm bad to the bone
    Bad to the bone
    B-B-B-Bad
    B-B-B-Bad
    B-B-B-Bad
    Bad to the bone

I make a rich woman beg
    I'll make a good woman steal
    I'll make an old woman blush
    And make a young girl squeal
    I wanna be yours pretty baby
    Yours and yours alone
    That I'm bad to the bone
    B-B-B-B-Bad
    B-B-B-B-Bad
    B-B-B-B-Bad
    Bad to the bone

And when I walk the streets
    Kings and Queens step aside
    Every woman I meet
    They all stay satisfied
    I wanna tell ya pretty baby
    Well Ya see I make my own
    That I'm bad to the bone
    Bad to the bone
    B-B-B-B-Bad
    B-B-B-Bad
    B-B-B-Bad
    Bad to the bone

The odd part is that Caliga was the nurse, the doctor, the mother, and the father...as well as the baby.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    One day Caliga was in Westside and needed a toothpick; He reached up to grab a nearby crane to use, and to this day, its wreckage can still be seen.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kemmicals wrote: »
    In order to keep the Hulk from causing any further destruction, they jettisoned him into space... He came back saying "I'll be good..." Befuddled, Dr. Strange asked why. Elsewhere, Caliga sat upon his throne. He gazed upon what was left of his home and let out a deep sigh. "Nice guy."

That one actually made me laugh out loud.

Kudos!