What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The amusing moment picture thread!

Comments

• Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Of course, for Pharoic -Feline Americans such as ourselves, "feeding", "pigeons", and "park" are words used in a somewhat different context than most visitors to the Ren Center...

Yup theres nothing like the song of a pigeon when they be having a kebab stick rammed up thar backsides .
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    legs.jpg
    edited April 2013
    legs.jpg

If you lower your graphics and move a fair distance away you can see they have legs too!
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    screenshot_2013-04-08-21-08-04_zps5cf98cec.jpg
    screenshot_2013-04-08-21-07-42_zps40b634a7.jpg
    screenshot_2013-04-08-21-32-02_zps8b418271.jpg
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    And what is amusing about that Brou :confused:

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • Options
    xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    smoochan wrote: »

How dare you question anything he posts! It is amusing simply because it is him that is posting it! OBEY MY LOGIC!
  • Options
    fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited April 2013

The airline billboards are...Flying away from their stands! :biggrin:

[Crickets.]

I'll...Take my leave...
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Amusing part?

Their persistence despite much time passed(tickets made and money paid, too!)
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    pallihwtf wrote: »
    Now can finally somebody tell me how people do that? Having hands on hips and actually looking forward, or rubbing your neck or whatever I see people doing. :biggrin:

I thought of keeping it to myself as a lot of folks don't seem to know about it but you can hover with hands on hips by using one of the sit-chair emotes (heroic) while having a flying travel power engaged. Using the other one will have you usually drop down in a sitting position but with some travel power animations still working which is amazing as i can have the electricity travel power arcing while sitting down.
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Billboards with stuff on them BEHIND larger billboards with NOTHING on them. >_> Smoo put your specs on girl.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    logout.jpg
    edited April 2013
    logout.jpg

YOu must keep your hands busy in CO :biggrin:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Pallih in game
  • Options
    drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    logout.jpg

Makes me want to never go away from my computer when CO is open, it might troll us and log us off when we aren't looking!

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • Options
    agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    screenshot_2013-04-08-21-08-04_zps5cf98cec.jpg
    screenshot_2013-04-08-21-07-42_zps40b634a7.jpg
    Amusing part?

Their persistence despite much time passed(tickets made and money paid, too!)

I personally find that more depressing or sad than amusing, but I can understand where the sheer ridiculousness of its persistence had gotten to being amusing for some people.

kogilligan wrote: »
    ...The color pallet for the costumes originally contained the skin colors. This was great for making "keyhole" style cutouts with the emblems. But it would never make it past the ESRB like that. There was great discussion that included the devs about a way to include skin colors for the emblems - but it never happened. As for keeping the skin color on the costume pallet, that would never work, it was far too easy to make the tights skin color and look nakey...

jfdbfc.jpg

The ESRB is censorship. They hate artistic expression. And it's biased censorship at that...

(i.e.: shooting, stabbing, or otherwise murdering civilians in a game might get you a Teen rating, but nudity or one drop of "realistic" blood or gore and BAM you get a Mature rating. The system is completely f-ed up.)

I think the ability to have nudity or gore should be up to the purchaser, the player. And if it's parents with kids playing the game, it should be able to be password locked on the nudity or gore settings. TV does this. Even Valve's games do this (and have done so since 1999 in fact, where you can turn off the gore & blood and password lock it out for your kids).

Gore for gore's sake, or nudity for nudity's sake, isn't art. That's where compelling story telling and immersive design comes in.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    agentnx5 wrote: »
    The ESRB is censorship. They hate artistic expression. And it's biased censorship at that...

(i.e.: shooting, stabbing, or otherwise murdering civilians in a game might get you a Teen rating, but nudity or one drop of "realistic" blood or gore and BAM you get a Mature rating. The system is completely f-ed up.)

I think the ability to have nudity or gore should be up to the purchaser, the player. And if it's parents with kids playing the game, it should be able to be password locked on the nudity or gore settings. TV does this. Even Valve's games do this (and have done so since 1999 in fact, where you can turn off the gore & blood and password lock it out for your kids).

Gore for gore's sake, or nudity for nudity's sake, isn't art. That's where compelling story telling and immersive design comes in.

I agree that parental locks are the best way to handle the issue. Its a much better way of ensuring that games are age-appropriate especially when parents might disagree with a ratings board on all sorts of issues.

As Mark Twain didn't say "Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it." (Actually it was Heinlein who said "The whole principle is wrong; it's like demanding that grown men live on skim milk because the baby can't eat steak." but i like the non-Twain version better)
  • Options
    kogilligankogilligan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Gamers in the U.S. need to support the ESRB.

Just like movie ratings, it is an independant group, paid for by the game makers themselves. This industry self-regulates in order to stay one step ahead of lawmakers. The ESRB is not affiliated with laws, lawmakers, or law enforcement.

Please let's not let this thread get political - but there is representatives who have been trying to make laws that could get a store employee arrested for selling M rated games to kids. We don't ever want that to happen. Stores and their employees need to use common sense to help our industry from becoming an easy target. Seems like a daily occurance you hear about a representative trying to find favor with his voters by "cracking down" on inappropriate gaming.

On the downside, getting the ESRB to review and rate is an entry barrior to lower budget games and recently it's been especially difficult on makers of games for handhelds. Again, we need to support thier efforts, because if they fail to effectively rate, voters may allow the government to do it for us.

Another fortunate thing is that the ESRB is available for us to participate with - and it's made up of parents, and even gamers like us. We can also be involved with our lawmakers, and help to inform them how things should be.

Check out the EFF, and the ECA for more info!

http://www.theeca.com/grass_root_advocacy
    https://www.eff.org/

I've been a subscriber to the ECA for many years, they'll send you frequent emails that will keep you up-to-date with many issues affecting our industry.

The EFF deals with current technology issues, like hacking laws, and game regulation... you see them championing your rights to privacy and the constitution as it would apply to modern technology.

If you are thinking about working in this industry - you must be up to speed on these issues. A typical game maker will screen applicants to see where their head is regarding these things, and the issues are fairly complex, and not just a battle of us versus ratings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,595 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Look how organized and direct that character profile page is. I miss those days.
  • Options
    smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    [...]
    Please let's not let this thread get political - [...]

In order to do what this small part of your post says... I had to squint so I couldn't see the rest of your post.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I was talking about this going to politics - like certain parties, or whatever. I'm very aware of the politicians who are involved in this stuff, on both sides, and it's great discussion...

But it doesn't belong here.

:smile:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    brianblack8281brianblack8281 Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Not sure who this is but it made me go "DAFUQ". It's creative yes, but a little creepy with them tiny malformed looking hands and arms.
    If I was a villain I would give up crime forever if I saw that coming for me.
    caf194dc01b363c599882b96c3999f0a1365627448.jpg
    ---
    The real face behind my Champs heroes. Enjoy my awesome beard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Look how organized and direct that character profile page is. I miss those days.

Perhaps you can enjoy the simplicity of one of the earliest HUDs to go online:
    r0nzn6.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    caf194dc01b363c599882b96c3999f0a1365627448.jpg

yep....

I'd do it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited April 2013

I'm a little concerned at how one can wear 3 hats/helmets and wield 7 weapons.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    bluhman wrote: »
    I'm a little concerned at how one can wear 3 hats/helmets and wield 7 weapons.

Colossal Soft Knit Cap
    Energized Viper Goggles
    Flatulent Cigar of Dementia

And for the weapons...

Deadpool.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,595 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Perhaps you can enjoy the simplicity of one of the earliest HUDs to go online:

ACK! Too far back!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    ACK! Too far back!
    Yes - and you might have gotten stuck under the map...
    But the character creator was awesome from day one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Gamers in the U.S. need to support the ESRB.

But i'm not a gamer in the U.S. I'm a gamer in Australia.
    So i can criticise the ESRB all i want and object to it's impact on games sold in Australia all i want without being at all political (especially as both Labor and the Liberal/National coalition show bi-partisan support on both the Federal and State level for the existing Australian classification system).

For those interested, the Australian classification for Champions Online back when it went through classification is *checks my hard-copy case from before FTP*

PG | Mild Violence.

Here's the details on what constitutes PG:

(PG) PARENTAL GUIDANCE

(Parental guidance recommended for persons under 15 years)

The PG classification signals to parents that material in this category contains depictions or references which could be confusing or upsetting, to children without adult guidance. Material classified PG will not be harmful or disturbing to children.

Parents may choose to preview the material for their children; some may choose to watch the material with their children. Others might find it sufficient to be accessible during or after the viewing to discuss the content.

Violence: Violence may be discreetly implied or stylised, and should also be:

mild in impact, and
    not shown in detail

Sex: Sexual activity may be suggested, but should:

be discreet, and
    be infrequent, and
    not be gratuitous
    Verbal references to sexual activity should be discreet.

Coarse Language: Coarse language should be mild and infrequent.

Adult Themes: Supernatural or mild horror themes may be included.

The treatment of adult themes should be discreet and mild in impact. More disturbing themes are not generally dealt with at PG level.

Drug Use: Discreet verbal references and mild, incidental visuals of drug use may be included, but these should not promote or encourage drug use.

Nudity: Nudity outside of a sexual context should not be detailed or gratuitous.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Is it in bad taste that I named this hero "Ex-Wife". Her main power is Sorcery and she may just be a bit crazy.
    9b5d7451481a9f104d1a59dfc02b44701365684286.jpg
    ---
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    But i'm not a gamer in the U.S. I'm a gamer in Australia.
    So i can criticise the ESRB all i want and object to it's impact on games sold in Australia all i want without being at all political (especially as both Labor and the Liberal/National coalition show bi-partisan support on both the Federal and State level for the existing Australian classification system).

The Australian Classification Board is a statutory agency which sets laws in place, restricting the sales of <MA> 15+, <R>, and <X> rated games.

We have decency laws which mostly pertain to X rated material, but the ESRB system is unrelated to any enforcable restrictions.

The ESRB is totally different than your Government's involvement. Our government, so far, is not involved with the games kids purchase. We have narrowly defeated several measures that would make this a statutory system. There is current labeling laws being proposed, and I expect one may make it through. But we are beating any regulators under our Constitution's 1st Amendment rights. We could easily lose this advantage, so it's very important that we support our rating systems - both for games and movies - because the alternative involves the police and courts.

So while we as individuals do not agree with the standards set by any rating system (ie: nudity vs violence) - a self-regulating system still allows us to make the choice for ourselves, regardless of unreasonable societal "norms"...

This is entirely different from how Australia, and many other countries, are handling it.

So it's ironic when gamers bash the ESRB for "censorship" because that's not what the ESRB does at all. The ESRB creates a little letter on the box so that potentially offensive products can be more easily recognized. It is totally up to the store if they want to sell M rated games to 10 year olds... It is totally up to the game maker if they want to be rated (although it is necessary for major retailers) and the stores, and game makers, and gamers, all participate with the ESRB, using common sense, to keep these products free.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Actually, I think we should actually hold lawmakers to uphold their Constitutional oaths rather than worry about government "becoming involved," as the 1st Amendment is very clear in what it says about any form of speech: It's off limits for government to touch.
  • Options
    scorpagorscorpagor Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I recently found something interesting thanks to that bug which allows us to hover our cursor over players and NPCs during cutscenes.

Here's Hi Pan holding his speech to the other gang leaders during one of the very first missions in Westside:
    Gangs_zpsa321aab6.jpg
    The New Purples are being represented by Kevin Poe, the Cobra Lords and Black Aces by one of their regular master villains.

But the Maniacs have a guy named Dr. Hecter. Was he perhaps part of a mission before one of Westside's many revamps?

Hecter_zpse4652776.jpg
  • Options
    iceih03iceih03 Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Minerva convinced Defender to remove his mask in MC.

screenshot2013041023140.jpg
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,067 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    2012-11-01_00003_zps37bf6815.jpg

Before firing the weapon...

2012-11-01_00002_zpsfea07758.jpg
    ..wait..what is this?!

2012-11-01_00001_zps2afed293.jpg

@_@ Gender Reassignement has been achieved!!
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    scorpagor wrote: »
    I recently found something interesting thanks to that bug which allows us to hover our cursor over players and NPCs during cutscenes.

Here's Hi Pan holding his speech to the other gang leaders during one of the very first missions in Westside:
    Gangs_zpsa321aab6.jpg
    The New Purples are being represented by Kevin Poe, the Cobra Lords and Black Aces by one of their regular master villains.

But the Maniacs have a guy named Dr. Hecter. Was he perhaps part of a mission before one of Westside's many revamps?

Hecter_zpse4652776.jpg
    The Wiki doesn't mention him.

http://www.champions-online-wiki.com/wiki/The_Maniacs

I wonder if you're the first person to notice this?
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    screenshot_2013-04-12-14-51-11_1_zps09b324f2.jpg

The Roin'esh General falls during his final and rare transformation @_@!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
  • Options
    edited April 2013
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    LOOL_zps8e52a411.jpg

Tsk, Tsk, I know she's evil, but that's a bit harsh isnt it Captain Martin...:tongue:
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    iceih03 wrote: »

I think you also convinced him to remove his eyebrows and all facial hair too @_@
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    iceih03 wrote: »

And what exactly did Minerva remove to convinced Defender to do this?
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    lohr01lohr01 Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    scorpagor wrote: »

Gangs_zpsa321aab6.jpg

Hecter_zpse4652776.jpg

He might be a late edition, but I don't recall him showing up in anything from the past.
    edited April 2013
    It sounds like a reference to Hannibal Lecter really.

Take the H, replace the L. Check out the mask design, and it says he's a doctor.

Dunno when it was thrown in, but neat.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    edited April 2013

Take the H, replace the L. Check out the mask design, and it says he's a doctor.

Yeah, the T-shirt certainly checks out too.

silence-of-the-lambs-hannibal-560.jpg

The orange pants? Not so much.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Yeah, the T-shirt certainly checks out too.

silence-of-the-lambs-hannibal-560.jpg

The orange pants? Not so much.
    What's this then?
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Could be a portmanteau as well, squishing Hannibal Lecter into one word.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2013

That's actually a full-body jumpsuit, not pants. He's not wearing it while in the cage as you can see.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Could be a portmanteau as well, squishing Hannibal Lecter into one word.

Could you have misspelled that word? :smile:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/portmanteau?s=t

Dictionary . com says portmanteau is a bag. And then I laugh as I imagined Defender and a PC hero squishing Hannibal Lecter into a bag in a new cut scene after that last big fight. I know, it sounds more like something The Resistance version of Defender would do, but still...
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Could you have misspelled that word? :smile:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/portmanteau?s=t

Dictionary . com says portmanteau is a bag. And then I laugh as I imagined Defender and a PC hero squishing Hannibal Lecter into a bag in a new cut scene after that last big fight. I know, it sounds more like something The Resistance version of Defender would do, but still...

No, he spelled it right: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portmanteau
  • Options
    edited April 2013

Oh, I see it now - 2. ( modifier ) embodying several uses or qualities: the heroine is a portmanteau figure of all the virtues.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Just in case you can't understand what it is he wants, it's ice cream.
    c9e1cc23032224564e695381b388ef051365817211.jpg
    ---
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]